Ace attorney SOJ

I finally finished the game! I can now start working my way through the backlog of SOJ threads now.

I really enjoyed the game actually, which I really didn't expect after I saw what the game's theme would be.

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2014/10/31/ace-attorney-trilogy---surprising-tidbits-you-never-knew
gematsu.com/2016/09/ace-attorney-spirit-justice-turnabout-time-traveler-dlc-case-now-available
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you did play the dlc that came out yesterday right?

SOJ is T&T with good writing and after the honeymoon period is over I guarantee it'll be considered the best game of the saga.

There will be spoilers in this thread obviously.

Could anyone make sense of what the Ga'ran, Inga and Amara's names were supposed to mean? I couldn't

I would still say that T&T has the best single case, but I'll agree with you

What dlc? Surely you jest. such insolence

The music wasn't too good unfortunately. Thankfully we got some AJ remixes

>I would still say that T&T has the best single case
it's still worse than 2-4

capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2014/10/31/ace-attorney-trilogy---surprising-tidbits-you-never-knew

>Godot was originally going to drink bourbon whiskey and smoke to match his “hard-boiled” image, but the team realized these things could have a bad influence on kids so they switched his drink of choice to coffee.

>Diego Armando’s initial name ideas included Joseph Cuppa, Xavier Barstucks, and William Havamug.

>In Ace Attorney 1, episode 3 was originally going to feature a male culprit until AA1’s lead character designer Ms. Kumiko Suekane pointed out that all of the villains were male, to which Mr. Takumi half-joked in his dev blog that “if this were America, we’d probably get sued for gender discrimination.”

How interesting

SOJ's good case was only the second part of the final case.

>Barstucks

I also enjoyed how this game had way more adult elements. It really seemed more mature.

> What dlc? Surely you jest. such insolence

gematsu.com/2016/09/ace-attorney-spirit-justice-turnabout-time-traveler-dlc-case-now-available

Well shit, guess I'll put my life on hold a little longer

I just hope it isn't as shit as the dlc case of the precious game..

Is the dlc case shit?

It's not as interesting as most of the other cases in 6, and uses more than its share of asspulls.

It's okay.
Not bad, but there's nothing to make it stand out either, as the fantastic elements behind the initial premise get resolved quickly.

>mobileposting
>ever

Can we just ban mobileposting already?

Case ranking

2 > 3 > DLC > 5 > 4 > 1

People who think 5 is god tier are easily impressed by flashy stuff like a final fantasy boss and ebin twists rather than true quality.

Shut up nigger, case 5 was amazing

5 > 4 > 2 > DLC > 3 > 1

Trucy's armprit

How do you even remember the sequence of the cases? Am I retarded?

I wanna fuck Kay.

It was stupid. You're literally fighting a final fantasy villain who just rewrites the law and other stupid shit. I suppose they wanted it to feel really tense and high-stakes, but it was impossible to take seriously. The only redeeming factor about the case is the excellent Dhurke was dead the whole time twist.

3 is pointless since it pulls a ton of bullshit filler to set up for 5
what the fuck does FF has to do with rewriting the law? people like von Karma and Ganz also did similar shit to screw up the laws in their favor, hell even Edgeworth did that initially before starting to open up to Phoenix.
not to mention this whole game's setting is based on an unfair law system, so by complaining about "rewriting the laws" you're basically saying the whole game is stupid shit.

well, at least the Khurain cases that is
then again, Sahdmadhi pushed that shit in Apollo's cases too

I somewhat agree with the fact that 6-5 was way too over-the-top to be really taken seriously. Also, at the Maya being kidnapped AGAIN tweest my eyes rolled out of my head, and it didn't get better later because I can't understand why Dhurke didn't take Nick aside and tell him the truth while making him swear that he wouldn't say anything to Apollo.

>the game's antagonist literally abuses political power to kill rebels through a rigged law system that is literally "culprit is guilty until proven otherwise, OOPS NO LAWYER TO DEFEND YOU SORRY", also using the minister of justice and even the princess for that purpose
>waaah the case is bullshit because they rewrite the laws!
woooowwww never saw that coming, how the fuck can a queen meddle with laws, simply unthinkable!

Not culprit, suspect.

And I wanna fuck Rayfa. Both very good pieces, and both have bitching BGMs.

>missing the point and throwing a bitchfit

Delete this.

by complaining about the game's main setting, I'd say it's you who's missing the point
and good job disregarding facts as bitchfit, you're literally saying the game's plot doesn't matter

Is Investigations 2 worth playing?

I got a 3DS for AA5 and it was among the worst vidya-related wastes of money of my life

No way I'm gonna pay for AA6; a superior iOS version will eventually be released as well, and I'd be mad I didn't wait for it

Don't play 2 if you didn't like (or play) the first one, obviously. If you did like it, then yes.
No worries about payment of any kind, since AAI2 isn't even released in the west to begin with. You'll have to look around for a translated rom.

Aw shit, is the first one really necessary to enjoy the second one? I dropped it when it was released because I couldn't understand the language that well

>should i watch Lord of the rings 1 to understand 2
What do you fucking think?

Why are Ema's testimonies in DLC case so retarded?

> "There's no way the estimated time of death could be wrong!"
> in saying so, she already foreshadows the estimated time being wrong
> three months ago handled a case where that's exactly what happened

Same with and Edgeworth and "Hurr, all flowers are the same". It's not a bad case, but I expected better writing.

>Should I play Street Fighter 1 or 2
>should I play Timesplitters 1 or 2
>should I play Red Dead Revolver or Redemption
>should I play AssCreed 1 or 2
>should I play GTA 2 or 3
>should I play Just Cause 1 or 2
>should I play AA4 or AA5
>should I play Saints Row 1 or 2
>should I play Age of Empires 1 or 2
>should I play Invisible War or Human Revolution

Why the fuck was so much of the Layton crossover voiced, but so fucking little of AA6?

>Why the fuck was so much of the Layton crossover voiced
because level 5

Woah there buddy, you seem to have gone a little overboard with your autism.

When you don't have arguments, always use memes

Wait,that was that an argument?
Yes, you should play asscreed 1 before 2
yes, you should play AA4 before 5.

>ferdig
nuke norway

One minor thing I was curious about: why were the trials in the DLC case at 9am when the others were always at 10? Was it like that in the original or did the localizers mess up?

If you want to force yourself and waste precious time to get through flawed/awful titles to get all the references mentioned in their good sequels, why not

>I don't need character development
ok, lucky you i guess?

the characters reintroduce themselves in every installment, also bringing up the latest relevant events such as being friends other important people or describing their professional status
why would I need to see Edgewoth being an asshole in the past when he keeps hammering the point of how he seeks the truth now and often goes tsundere on Phoenix? it's easy to tell he turned around so might as well just focus on him being a better prosecutor now.

The 1 notably gets you familiar with Kay Faraday, your investigation partner. It's not entirely mandatory, but it's recommended.

get a room gayboys

Oh noes, vidya discussion on Cred Forums!
STOP IT

But none of the AA games are particularly bad