>>353367357

They only put it in because AVGN made it relevant in the modern day and because they needed games to remind everyone that there was once a time when Konami wasn't a shit company.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=62bI0zItF6g
youtube.com/watch?v=PtnExSdFJr4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's such a dumb mistake, castlevania 2 looks nothing like castlevania 1
whoever edited this needs to get fired,

>Nintendo actually touting save states as an innovation in 2016
>Biggest game library of 30 games that can already be emulated by phone tier hardware
Is nintendo even trying anymore?

But you know people will buy it.

Why would you pay for this when you could get all of these games and more for free on the internet?

because it's okay when nintendo does

it doesn't matter what they do.it doesn't matter, if they kill innocent people in genocide. It's always okay when nintendo does it.

I'd be upset if it wasn't so damn funny to me.

Because this is for people who would never know how to use an emulator.

Not every product is made with you in mind.

>that shitty fucking "music"

Jesus. Once again, US commercial is superior

youtube.com/watch?v=62bI0zItF6g

Because it is a product for people not tech savvy enough to do emulators and shit.

This stuff is for your parents or small children.

>has castlevania 1 and 2
>not 3

It's like they're trying to actually tell you to just emulate.

Are those controllers wired? You'd think they'd make wireless controllers to appeal to the kids who only know that wireless controllers exist.

It's cool.

And these games are worth the money.

But you can buy an NES for $10?

Because us 1% like to buy things.

Blame AVGN

>mfw I install Retroarch on my TV and can emulate the entire NES library far more accurately than this piece of shit
>can even use cloud saves with PS1 and N64 games

>that can already be emulated
>stop buying cars, it's easy to steal them

>paying for ROMs

>has save states in case you're shit, which all of Gen Z is

All that hardware could have been compacted into the controller alone.

Find me a fucking actual NES for $10
Go find me all of those games for a reasonable price too

And it's games for far more than that now.

Emulation is quantum mechanics for normies

I'm perfectly happy to buy this, and I hope a Mini SNES and N64 will happen

I can emulate this so easily, who would even pay for this besides the fanboys.

This

You can just save whenever the hell you want? This isn't the true authentic experience of classic Nintendo.

What type of controller connection is that? Is it some proprietary bullshit? If they were USB controllers I could use on my PC as well I would have considered buying it.

It's the one from the wii remote.

It's not even made to be straight plugged in to a wii u via usb.

Same as Classic Pro Controllers for the Wiimote, you were on coma for the last 10 years?

No one who is buying this ever had the "true authentic experience of classic Nintendo." because this is aimed at kids who were too young to have one.

It's actually not.

Breaking into and hot-wiring a car are actually skills you need to develop and then even if you steal the car it's not like you can easily get away with it unless you know a guy who can change out the tags and fake a registration.

Last Nintendo console I bought was the Gamecube, the Wii and Wii U were unmitigated shit that never had enough games to warrant buying. I've played them a few times but not enough to be able to recognize their weird fucking ports right off.

>paying for this shit when the nes has been emulated with almost perfect accuracy for decades now
W E W L A D

if you think thats hard then you shouldve paid more attention at school.
even a nigger can do it, you should be able to too.

At least you're buying some of the best games ever.

Better than anything you can buy today.

>this is aimed at kids who were too young to have one.
lol no
this is aimed at nostalgiafags
no kid would want a NES these days

Since Sony lost the Bleem lawsuit, the official position of game companies has been "emulators do not exist."

Would be better if it came with a voucher that included them as VC games on WiiU/NX.

>unmitigated shit
A hacked Wii with GC ports is god tier, that shit let's you play the entire Wii, GC, NES, SNES, GB, GBC, Genesis and Master System libraries. Also, has a decent amout of VC NEOGEO, N64 and Turbograftx-16 games and some Wii Ware stuff.

Would be better if it were at least expandable or could play carts.

Kinda irrelevant in the face of dolphin.

>the Bleem lawsuit

Ooh that was a neat read.

>no kid would want a NES these days
>MAN KIDS THESE DAYS JUST DON'T KNOW

well which is it faggot? Are you just giving up on them so you can complain about them later?
I'd buy this for my niece so they'd at least have the opportunity. If you gave them access to a computer loaded up with emulators they'd just go on the internet instead

And I can do that on my computer so it's pointless.

>Japan gets Final Fantasy III
>US is stuck with Final Fantasy I

It's not fair.

i was pretty clear, i dont know what you're confused about
you can be the uncle that everyone hates if you want to

>If you gave them access to a computer loaded up with emulators they'd just go on the internet instead

I'd rather they do that then waste my money buying this that they might not even play. That's assuming they even are interested in games at all.

>Would be better if it were at least expandable or could play carts.
It would should have included a cartridge with the 30 games on it, and release a new pack of 30 games on a new cart every few months.

That would have been a fantastic idea.

>some of the best games ever
>NES games
>fucking Castlevania 2

Call me when they do a Super Nintendo/Famicom mini

You can stay calm and break into and hotwire a car without anyone noticing you, consistently, and then turn it into something you can drive on the street without getting shot by the cops?

Or just a cartridge slot that takes NES games. Sure you lose out on selling new games but you'd appeal to the collectors who have NES games already and want a supped up system to play them on.

To play the games with the bros man

I'm not going to whip out my pc emulatorino to play video games at a party

what do you think I am, a faggot? nah

>Punch Out with Mr. Dream, not Mike Tyson

Fuck it, not buying it. I will not support Nintendo's shitty revisionist history.

ONE
N
E
fuckin user sees the mistake

bravo Cred Forums

That would require them to make the NES Classic physically larger. An actual NES cartridge is wider/longer than the NES Classic is.

Yes, and? I don't think the size is the main selling point.

It would have been a better product for it.

>emulators do not exist
Except the in-house ones they use with 'Virtual Console' titles.

A lot of modern TVs don't even support the sockets required to hook up the original NES

>To play the games with the bros
The system only comes with one controller.
You need to shell out more money for a second one.

>Japan gets Mystery of Atlantis and Solomon's Key in the Famicom version

The memes are real

You only assume she's a shitty spoiled brat. Not everyone had the same upbringing as you lad

>I'd rather they binge on mindless horseshit than risk the possibility of them not using a gift I bought them because I'm a cheap defeatist cunt
wew
do you suppose one just instantly decides they like video games? They have to start somewhere

Bullshit, I have a several thousand dollar 4k Sony TV and it still has composite hookups on it.

every modern TV runs android which can be paired with almost any wireless controller and emulate any system.
I play all kinds of stuff with bros in my living room using emulators all the time.

Well that user was talking about his niece and I figured his niece probably wouldn't be into video games. Neither would mine.

>my TV still supports these ports
>therefore all TVs do

Fucking hell user

I think more the point was that even a TV made for 4k resolution and 3D and all that advanced shit still has the classic inputs on it. I have a $500 Vizio Haier HDTV which is not high end at all and still has composite inputs too. So I'd say it's pretty common.

Not him, but a huge amount of TVs either still have those ports, or their component inputs will still take them.

This. A lot of TVs these days don't even have half of the ports older TVs had.

>NES mini
>$60 USD
>wired controllers, not even USB so you can't use them with your PC as a bonus
>only 30 games
>can't customize video options in depth

>Mi box
>$69 USD
>wireless controllers or wired controllers
>every NES game
>plus every SNES, N64, PS1, Mega Drive, GBC, GBA, DOS, MAME and even some PSP games
>can sync saves with your PC
>also plays any native android game
>Netflix, Plex, Youtube, Kodi, etc if you somehow don't have something that can do that already

really makes you think

>by the way this post is brought to you by Xiaomi, guys!
>buy one today for only $9 more than the NES mini!

Not him, but a mibox is a better buy than the nes mini.

That's not even really up for debate.

>AVGN made it relevant

That was 12 years ago.

well you could have always bought a Nexus Player for $50 at Bestbuy when they were clearing stock.
>b-but features are dumb, I want it to look like my girlfriend's iphone case!

The only port you don't see on newer TVs anymore is just coaxial, and you can just use the composite inputs from the NES instead.

or just get a pi and do it all yourself faggot holy shit

Pi's are underpowered and by the time you buy the necessary accessories for them you may as well buy an android box.

After getting a case and other essentials you're looking at close to the same price.

What does pixel perfect mode mean?

No filter?

But then you wouldn't be able to use the controllers on your wii/u.

>revision
Technically, if we're talking revision, where does the Gold edition go?
youtube.com/watch?v=PtnExSdFJr4

Gen Z here.
I beat both the Castlevania games that come on the mini NES on original hardware.
The only guide I used for Castlevania II was an issue of Nintendo Power.

I am, in fact, old enough to post on this board.