Which starting class be more appropriate for beginners of Dark Souls...

Which starting class be more appropriate for beginners of Dark Souls? I know the gist of the game so I'm not worried about the difficulty, but I want to pick a class that will benefit me, in the long run. I was thinking either being a Pyromancer or Warrior. Also, which stats should I care less about when leveling up?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/finalstand.webm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It doesn't fucking matter.

Pick one and play.

/thread

Skip this trash and play Lords of the Fallen.

Or wait for Nioh.

It won't matter 5 hours in.

>lords of the fallen
LMAO
M
A
O

Starting class doesn't matter.

Go Deprived.

Knight or warrior but every class can pretty much do anything.

Deprived. It will teach you better fundamentals.

Knight is the best. Knight for life. Fuck every other class. Come at me.

Did I trigger you?

Dumb Soulsborne fan. :^)

Enjoy your shit weapon and armour design.

Starting gift matters much more than class. Definitely get the pendant, you'll see why later and thank me.

Enjoy your boring as fuck game. I'm not even a soulsborne faggot I like nioh way better but LotF was trash

If you aren't going to use spells/miracles/pyromancies or will only maybe use one, pick a stat with low attunement. Decide early whether you want to go strength or dex for your weapons (harder and slower or weaker and faster), or somewhere in the middle (referred to as a quality build). As you progress through the game, stat scaling on the weapon will matter more than its base damage (S>A>B>C>D). Choose armor with poise if you don't want to get stunlocked, up endurance if you want heavier armor and weapons without moving too slowly. Vit and End are always good early choices. Upgrade your weapons. Don't attack npcs on your first run. Fuck weapons that don't scale with stats.

Now you are better off than most people starting.

Bandit and pyro are the easiest since they deal most damage.

Speaking of dark souls, will you anons be revisiting it on the 4th for the Return to Lordran?

>giant pauldrons
>muh spikes and horns

I've played both.
LotF felt pretty hollow as a game compared to Souls.

Didn't know about this, but I've been doing my first playthrough since Sunday. STR/FAI may have been a mistake.

You're a faggot.

knight or pyro are good starting classes

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/finalstand.webm/
What did he mean by this?

Yeah it's another global restart day, usually it's from the 4th to the 25th but this time it's only the 4th through the 14th because of the new DS3 dlc coming out

also ignore the resistance stat

it means he is the nioh shill. but we already knew that

Neat. Guess I'll start another character then. Will (you) do a themed run?

>hollow
I see what you did there

Enjoy your shit overdesigned armor and enemies with washer machines as pauldrons that all look the same.

Enjoy getting bored by killing only the same fat bastards in the same demonic, edgy armor over and over.

Convince yourself that you are playing a good game. Deny that Soulsborne is any good.

Congratulations, you are a tasteless Fords of the Lallen fag.

I like how Nioh tries to spice things up by adding some hack & slash awesome moves to the formula, I'm not convinced about it's art design, tho...

>Fords of the Lallen

Okay there, Reddit.

>it's

What's wrong with the art design?

yeah the art design use some work. Apparently there are going to be different kinds of levels in the full game so im not judging fully until the game comes out. i do wonder if it would be better with okami graphics

I'm not entirely sure, I just find it kinda ugly.

Not sure, I was thinking a fist build could be cool but I might end up doing zweihander like I always do

warrior

level up str and dex a bunch

pump some humanity

if none of the black knight weapons drop reset

there you go.

Knight.

Knight has the best starting armor. Armor affects poise. Poise affects how much mistakes you can make and keep fighting without staggering.
Just, take the helmet and the gloves off so you'll move fast enough before you can level up END.

TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION

warrior, str, greatshield

congrats u beat the game

Are any of these games supposed to look good? Because they don't.

the game is focused on combat not visuals. If you want a game with a focus on visuals but casual combat go play witcher 3

The combat doesn't look good though. Especially not enough to warrant posting them in a non-obnoxious thread of someone asking for advice.

Go deprived like a man you faggot

The only thing a class will benefit you by is the starting stats distribution. Choose your class based on what kind of character and stats you want.

only worthless stat is Resistance.