WoW Expansions

So which WoW expac was the best?

>are you a vanillafag?
>what made your preferred version of the game so great?
>stories

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64
youtube.com/watch?v=xEylX2LJ8c4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4rc5W4dKY
youtube.com/watch?v=q2ktWXdeh4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UY3oZH6Piz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TBC > Vanilla > MoP > Wotlk > WoD > Cata

Haven't pvp'd since Wotlk. Consitently parse as a top 100 dps warrior. Too soon to say anything about Legion.

WOTLK
>are you a vanillafag?
no
comfy snow areas
>stories
i'm a solo player

Vanilla > TBC > WoTLK

All the others are not even worth playing
Vanilla is the best because it was an actual MMO.
TBC and beyond is sit in town and queue for things simulator. Too much welfare epics, "muh esports arena", The world being completely pointless, Separation of pvp and pve, Theme-park design, Etc etc.

Despite all those problems, TBC and WoTLK were still playable, wasn't until Cata that they went full retard and even Pvp stopped being fun.

Burning Crusade. Mechanically, it's a direct upgrade over vanilla (much tougher tuning on content, more involved encounters, far greater number of viable specs accomplished by creating new roles that didn't exist before or since, 1-60 ie. the best part of vanilla worked same as before rather than being indirectly nerfed into oblivion, you name it), it had lots of content with consistent level of quality (Hyjal for example is mediocre and BT isn't very good either, but the weakest links were far from the likes of of Molten Bore, TOC or Dragon Soul), it represents the peak of the game in many aspects both big and small (such as professions providing powerful unique bonuses) and the general style of game was at its best (for example, the classes were yet to be homogenized, catchup mechanisms were adequate but not enough to obsolete any tier, it still felt like an MMO which makes anything after Cataclysm bad by default etc).

TBC > Vanilla > Wrath > Legion > MoP > Cata > WoD

TBC is the perfect blend of vanilla social interaction to do anything and modern streamlining of the newer expacs. I like how I'm jumping in tons of people's discords pugging mythics+ so far.

Legion > Wotlk > TBC > Everything else.

>are you a vanillafag?
No. Vanilla wasn't as good as people say, it's just nostalgia.

>stories
Nobody cares.

Early Cata was unironically the game's highpoint.

TBC>LK>Vanilla>MoP>WoD/Cata

Played vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and cata. stopped for a while but came back for legion.

tbc was the best. It had the right ratio of effort to reward.

B U R N I N G
C
R
U
S
A
D
E

The game was god tier pre-LFG. Everyone knows this. LFG forced a million other changes and brought with it a new audience that demanded even more change.

Regardless, Legion is the best expansion since WOTLK but for reasons completely foreign to old WoW. BC is the GOAT expansion pack.

I'm kinda surprised that I'm not hating legion so far, I'm sure that will change as soon as blizz decides that they're done making content for it two patches in

I played from release until about six months before Cata came out. IMO the absolute height of the game was early TBC. If you walked into it as a 60, boy were you in for a good time.

>Yes, sort of? Vanilla was fun.
>Wrath of the Lich King started to casualize the game far too much. It didn't feel like a game anymore, they were just chasing dollars at that point.

I won't give any stories. You can go fuck yourself for missing out early WoW.

>TBC>Vanilla>Crap>crap>crAp

youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64

MoP is superior

MoP.

>All 3 raid tiers were great
>PvP was the best since wotlk
>Zones were all good
>Decent story
>Timeless Isle
>Monk was an awesome class

>Burning Crusade
Complete successor to Vanilla, largely more of the same; took away some of the unnecessary grind for content for raiding and left only a few roadblocks in resistance gear and attunements that were removed and were only relevant for progression raiders. Introduced Arenas which started the necessary changes for pvp balance, and welfare gear.

>Wrath of the Lich King
Probably the worst raid content overall in the entire game's life span, with only one good raid and then only a few fights in heroic ICC standing out. First real attempt at actually balancing classes to all be somewhat useful. Introduced hard modes as a way to allow casuals to still have an easier raid tailored to them, introduced LFD. PvP balance was really good for the specific overpowered classes, where they were all equally broken in relation to each other, and then everything else was completely useless. Most cut content of any expansion, probably fastest burn rate through content ever, especially with a rehashed first tier.

>Cataclysm
Best 5-man tuning on release, ZG remake pre-nerf is probably the best 5-man Blizzard will ever release. Excellent first tier and Firelands had a great final boss fight. Introduced LFR, Dragon Soul, destroyed talent trees by locking you in a spec for 40 points, destroyed half the zones, improved on 40% of the other zones, and left 10% of the zones the same. Best PvP balance. Overall an increasing disappointment each patch.

>MoP
Better than anyone expected, predictable cheesy story is the only major flaw, along with shitty heroic 5-mans. Introduced challenge mode which was fun as fuck the first few weeks, enjoyable raids, decent pvp, timeless isle shenanigans, fixed but altered talent trees. Last 3 bosses in heroic SoO are all top tier.

>WoD
Worse than everyone expected, no content, okay 5-man content, mythic raids were great but the others were complete pushovers. Garrisons removed a reason to play since they were self-sufficient and automated.

Not really. Tol Barad was so fucking shit it made me quit the game.

>First real attempt at actually balancing classes to all be somewhat useful
That's not true, though. TBC also had balanced classes, they just were balanced by having each spec provide something unique and desirable (which, I think, is how it should work).

Indeed, in terms of PvE balance I'd argue TBC actually was better off. Hell, while this is not what TBC was about, even in terms of personal DPS low-end specs were in similar position to top-end personal DPS specs (ie. Thori'dal BM hunter and Shadowmourne fury warrior respectively), and "non-viable" specs like frost mages and subtlety rogues were closer to on par in TBC. In terms of PvP, you'd have similar effect in BGs or uninstanced PvP, and for arenas it's more about viability of a specific comp than specific spec so it's not really comparable.

TBC > WOTLK > CATACLYSM > WOD > LEGION > MOP
Everything after TBC sucked dick though.

WotLK = BC > MoP > Legion > Cata > WoD

never played vanilla

never played SoO in MoP

Thunder Isle and ToT was pretty good tho

Don't make me choose. All the World of Warcraft™ expansions are equally fantastic!

TBC>Vanilla>WoTLK>MoP>WoD>Cata>Lolgion

MoP-WotLK-Legion-Vanilla-Cata-WoD

Played since Vanilla and it was pretty shit, anyone who thinks otherwise is full of the same shit.

>nobody cares

C'mon even ledditors share their special wow memories.

Vanilla was the best, the game started to go downhill when TBC happened.

>WoD above anything
Kill yourself my man

Too soon to tell for legion so I'll go with WOTLK.
>yes
>leaps and bounds better than vanilla in almost every aspect. (Apart from flying)
>i once spent 8 days and nights to tame a pet (loque'nahak)

>nostalgia
>thinks WOTLK was better than BC
>repeat Naxx, trial of the gaycader, ice crown blanda
fucking wrathbabbies still around

Vanilla>TBC>WotLK>MoP>Cata>>>>>>>>>>>Legion>WoD

From an old school PvPer's perspective who only cares about self-improvement...

Vanilla had the best world and player attitude. It gave everything you were striving for meaning and was very rewarding, straight forward and unforgiving.

TBC, WotLK, Cata, Mop all had superior mechanics. It was fun to learn how to play and exploit everything to your advantage.

WoD killed it for me, the ability prune was too much. I cannot enjoy the game-play anymore. Legion didn't help. I just play for the art and flavor now and stop myself from caring because there is no depth anymore for players to express themselves in.

The world, it's items and it's players increasingly lost meaning with: PvP instances, town queues, server transfers, honor currency, arena, arena seasons, armory, achievements, zone phasing, LFD, LFR, Guild perks, in-game shop, garrisons, garrison missions, WoD professions, WoD gold, artifact weapons, class halls, world quests. The side effects and sometimes direct effects of these things hurt the game more than it helped. It's a lot of misdirection to make the masses feel good and subscribe. It is what it is, an mmorpg with a corporate core and with WoD I was left behind in their attempt to attract other paying customers.

The beta was the best, the game started going downhill when it was released

>Wotlk
Best lore

I don't know about that.
Mechagnomes in Boring Tundra and Viking faggots in Howling Dumbfuck didn't start the expansion well.

Vanillafag
BC was 'best', just because it just made the game better in every way, whereas other expansions have made some things better but fucked up others

It's utter insanity that Blizzard feels the need to add more and more races for the sake of fantasy vanity.

I liked Cataclysm best because it pissed off all the fans.

youtube.com/watch?v=xEylX2LJ8c4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4rc5W4dKY
youtube.com/watch?v=q2ktWXdeh4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UY3oZH6Piz4

Best Atmosphere too.

vanilla

Blizzard has no idea how to design classes.

All their eggs go into one basket every xpac. Classic WoW was mages, TBC was druids, WotlK was DKs, Cata was hunters, MoP brewmasters and Legion Demon Hunters.
every other class that isn't those gets fucked over.

like right now DKs are the bottom everything. bottom DPS, bottom tank. monks are very bottom tank. elemental shamans are still garbage and disc has been destroyed as a spec, warlocks are begging for a redesign.

they should actually play their own game.

Vanilla, Wrath, then Legion. The only thing that matters in this game is how immersive and fun the world is, fuck your shitty raids and minigames.

Also as a sidenote, WoWhead and mmo-champ-type sites are cancer and information shouldn't be readily available, fuck the internet.

tbc

>are you a vanillafag?
No, I started playing right at the release of TBC

Actual communities. People on the server actually knew each other. You would see people you recognise all the time.

>stories
Trekking dem night elves from teldrassil to stormwind

Which expansion is the best now?
Ignoring how much they improved on the state of the game at the time of their release, which stood the test of time the best?

>legion
>immersive
did you even read the quests?
14-year-old fanfic tier embedded into literally everything

Can't really decide between tbc, wotlk and legion since I haven't played the former two on a private server.

>Introduced Arenas which started the necessary changes for pvp balance
Arenas were one of the most cancerous fucking things ever added to the game.

PvE was royally fucked by this wanna-be esport, because classes were tuned around it. The best part is that it has never been, and will never be, even close to balanced. Arena is a FotM-fest mode where you're handed gear for doing nothing.

It's not really amazing or anything, but the word is very well crafted and the quests at least make some sense. I don't mind how hamfisted some of it is, but this is probably the first expansion where everyone knows what the fuck is going on story wise.

Tbc/=MOP/wotlk/legion/vanilla=WOD

Vanilla was boring as fuck and all the raids besides maybe AQ werent good

Vanilla

> he went axe instead of sword
Faggot

TBC was the best expansion

>people think vanilla had good content

Yea that """"molten core"""" suree was hard and good! Same with that BWL haha

/threaaaad

>Vanilla is teh best

meanwhile only like 15% of Cred Forums hit 60 during it, and only 2% successfully raided

Vanilla was literally only good because it still had a sense of mystery about the game and elitists only existed in small numbers.

Vanilla ( no glowing quest items, i loves the pvp ranking system) > TBC ( Kael'thas, Black Temple) > WoTLK until ulduar ( Ulduar was god tier, afterwards everything went wrong) > shit the rest, i left in the middle of cata, tryed one month of mop, but everything was so shitty, i never looked backwards and i am happy with it

>Vanilla was literally only good because it still had a sense of mystery about the game
this is what MoPBabbies believe

>"I need to know absolutely everything about a game and it makes me mad when I don't :("

Does it make you upset that you have no imagination?

TBC > WotLK > Vanilla > Cata > MoP > WoD

- WoD was shit

- MoP was shit

- Cata was kinda ok untill they implemented LFR and completely went full retard with story

- Vanilla was great but tedious as fuck

- WotLK was amazing thematically, but it was the point where game turned into bad direction (LFG, phasing, easy content...)

- TBC was the best because it's content didn't tedious like vanilla's. You could gain OK gear in reasonable way, without it being raid-tier quality.

this exactly

Only issue was the SoO after-party. Thunder King was super based though.

spoken like a true circlejerk redditor

>arenas

Literally RPS. At least Battlegrounds were more based around teamwork instead of spamming the most overpowered comp.

CAN YOU FEEL IT MY SON

Trilogy tier
>Vanilla
>TBC
>Wrath

Dark ages tier
>Catacylsm
>Pandaland
>Draenor

Who knows it might actually be saved tier
>Legion

I couldn't get into Legion after the ability prune.

Vanilla

>are you a vanillafag?
Yes.
I was basically a child at the time, and this was my first MMO, so it might as well have been magic.
>stories
I can't retell anything gloriously, but I have lots of memories of rounding up people on autistic adventures to go to strange other-faction places and explore the world at low levels. I particularly remember hiding on top of the Goldshire Inn with two other Horde.

I always had random mementos from various things/players. One player sent me a gray spoon drop in an in-game mail before he left the game saying it was a lucky charm. It's still rotting on some database somewhere in my digital bank.

Dunno how that's projecting

Vanilla toddler who couldnt even get past lfr detected

Why are vanilla fags so bitter over current wow lmao

Why do people get so mad about LFR? It isn't like you have to do it if you're part of a halfway decent guild so why get mad about something you don't even do? Don't give me that shit about it making people not wanting to progress from it, pre LFR people just didn't raid at fucking all, raid participation was ridiculously tiny compared to the overall player population and those people were getting bored without shit to do.

Reminder that regardless of BCs mechanical merits, it will always be regarded as the greatest lore fuck up in the series comparable only to WoD.

Is legion better than MoP?

Only WoD is worse than pandaland

hands off my hawt blood elf palydans

It's close
Only after it's over we'll be able to tell which is better.

MoP = WoTLK > Vanilla = TBC >>>>>> Cata >>>>>> WoD

It's only a fuckup now because of Legions conflicting lore.

The Illidari was always a half-baked scheme. And Illidan finally going crazy as tyrannical king of that rock and being betrayed by his allies who never cared about his cause and were fueled by ulterior motives was a natural and sensible conclusion to their story.

This is the only correct answer

> mop > LK

The entire burning crusade makes no sense as an event.

Nigga what?
>Dark Portal reactivates
>Bunch of demons come spilling through
>We go deal with the immediate threat of Illidan
>Kil'Jaeden takes advantage of the chaos to attempt entry into Azeroth via the sunwell

All these people listing Cata as NOT the worst expac.....

It fucking killed the game you idiots. Literally gutted the subscriber numbers by almost half. Most of those people never came back. You can argue the gayness of pandas, boredom of garrisons, or whatever you want...but Cata literally did NOTHING right. Improve some levelling quests that were old as shit? AWESOME. What a fucking train wreck of an expac that was.

I prefer WotLK since Northrend had better aesthetics than Outland. Better leveling armor designs too. That's just personal opinion though, I wasn't a fan of the dark Draenei/demon space shit.

>Play You are Prepared
>Try my class in pvp
>it lost the pvp fotm shitlord draw
>uninstall

>>We go deal with the immediate threat of Illidan
That's one part that makes no sense whatsoever. The illidari were never particularly threatening to the alliance or horde. Neither of those would ever see him as a more immediate threat than their rival faction.

Kael going insane and aligning with the legion is another thing that makes little sense. How would starting a demonic invasion after quel thalas had already stabilized seem like a good idea?

Illidan himself is also unlikely to have gone particularly more insane consedering what he's already been through.

Well i guess getting rid of the fotm fags like you was the one merit of the nerf.

My favorite oldest memory was during BC. Had just got into the game not long before and I remember using the AH for the first time. Ran around Durotar and Barrens just mining dick loads of copper. Felt rich when I got that first gold coin.

Favorite expansion was WotLK. By that time I was pretty familiar with the game, had a few irl friends I got to join by that point. Made our way into a decent guild. Laid back and played for the sake of playing. Not the phat lutz.

Made it all the way to Mimron with those guys in Ulduar. My first, real raid.

The game really is all about the others you interact with. Without that, it's shit.

This is certifiably false nigga

Wrath
>God tier
Zul'drak
Grizzly Hills

>Good tier
Scholazar
Howling Fjord

>Shit tier
Dragonblight Storm Peaks Ice Crown SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW trifecta
BOREan tundra
Tiny Island of zero note added for the ToC patch

TBC
>God Tier
Hellfire (There is no feeling in the game as incredible as stepping off of Azeroth onto the Stair of Destiny for the first time)
Nagrand
Zangarmarsh
Eversong Woods
Blades Edge
Isle of Quel Danas

>Good tier
Terrokar
Ghostlands
Netherstorm

>Mediocre
Azuremyst

>Mediocre and hard on the eyes tier
Bloodmyst
Shadowmoon

The game was the best when I started playing it.

All downhill from there.

am i the only person who played during TBC and actually kinda hated it? probably didn't help i was stuck in a big raiding rut as tank drops never actually dropped when i did anything.

had to progress in raiding when you are using just dungeon gear and 9 months of raiding karazhan netted me not a damn thing. ( i think a belt dropped once)

We came for The Legion but the Illidari impeded us and proved to be the most major threat in outland since legion reinforcements had mostly been cut off.

Kael was basically trying to become a god. Illidan once almost shook Northrend apart and had only gotten stronger since. And Naga are never good news so yes they were exactly a threat.

Kael's story is that in an attempt to search for a power that would fulfill his peoples hunger he started to crave more and more power. Eventually casting the Blood Elves aside in favor of the Legion, who likely promised him limitless power.

Illidan is exactly the type of person that would let being lore of a "planet" go to his head

MoP > WLK > Cata > WoD > TBC > Vanilla

Legion will probably come out on top of them all, if they don't fuck themselves in the ass.

>are you a vanillafag?
I played vanilla, yes. I enjoyed myself then, but with the benefit of hindsight and private servers, I can't pretend that every expansion hasn't improved on vanilla.
I am a casual piece of shit and I don't do PvP, so MoP struck a nice balance between "shit to do" and "grind". I enjoy the occasional grind.

I am mostly a solo player, though, who PuGs when I can, so more casul is more good. Now if Blizz could just stop spending development time on PvP I'd be happy.
>Stories
In TBC I managed to get into a invite-only chat-channel on my server, so I got into HC and Kara PuGs. I sort off miss the community and elitism from back when. I even miss "Dwalfi", the infamous scammer on our server, who everyone knew about. Strange the things you miss once they are gone. Sadly I can't commit to a guilds raid-schedule in my current job, so PuGs it is.

Vanilla had so many things right.
>Game is designed to get players OUT into the world.
>IMMERSIVE as fuck compared to the menu clicking games of modern wow.
>you are an adventurer! Group with other adventurers to accomplish things.

Now its all about instant gratification and convenience with none of the immersive or community building aspects of the past. So I can log on and do some daily quest to raise my artifact number higher? Woopdie fucking do.
Id rather run a dungeon for some gear that will remain USEFUL until some tier of raiding.
Running that dungeon requires me to find people on the server that I play with. Encouraging me to make some friends and be social.

Ill take some balance problems over not having an immersive virtual world. Vanilla had the basics so right and that all got thrown out the window for muh convenience.

You really cant describe how well vanilla brings people together. You have to play it. Yes it has problems but it is a far far far FAR better MMO RPG than anything after it.

>muh esports and arena balance!
Can we just murder the Activision managers or something? I just want to play the most addictive WOW.

Can we all agree that all the cross server bullshit is the worst that happened to the game?
Fuck I might actually play Muh legion if they shut off all that crap but then they would have to actually put forth effort to manage the server populations and open up transfers ect.

Cata gets shit on really hard but it's launch dungeons were really good and difficult, and the HoT 5 mans were probably some of the best 5 mans ever made

MoP was probably the utter highpoint for raiding, highly complex fights but no Sunwell tier 'bring 10 Druids with Drums or lose' level off bullshit difficulty. MoP had 3 great raid tiers and the isle of thunder was fantastic. However MoP did have the worst 5 man content ever, and over a year and a half of SoO which blew

Well of course, the illidari were the major power in outland.

And instead of the alliance and horde courting an alliance with them to help fight THEIR GREATEST ENEMY, alliance and horde somehow manage to put aside differences with their fundamental rival with whom they constantly compete for territory and resources in their own world, to destroy this completely circumstantial obstacle who is enemy of their enemy and doesn't compete with either of them directly. Because Illidan was evil i guess.

Remember to discard all opinions stating:

>TBC is the best
>Cata ruined the game
>LK was too casual
>MoP was bad
>WoD/Legion saved the game based noflying

And you too can help prevent memeposting.

did you want to shitpost or discuss the thread topic?

If you have a good guild Legion has a lot of the same but yeah the day to day interactions with strangers are mostly fucked. If you really want to play WoW you can still find a lot of this its just sadly not as abundant.
>Guild is chill but not retarded and bantz like hell during raiding
>People to talk about game mechanics and balance with
>People to talk about lore with
>Can grab some guildies and usually be 3-5/5 ready for a dungeon
>People asking if anyone wants to join for mythics and are just talking constantly
Its nice. Glad I found them.

That said I played Kronos over the summer and a lot of the feeling like WoW is a world hadn't diminished, it definitely wasn't my age back then or "A product of the time".
>Intense weather effects and good runrises and sunsets
>Somebody else on the same quest
>Guaranteed invite or that they will accept yours
>Do a dungeon with people on my frost mage
>Swiss army knife of CC stuns and utilities and of course FOOD is the glue that keeps the group together
>3-4 FRs at the end of each dungeon
>We relatively keep pace leveling and I get constant messages asking if I want to be CC for a dungeon

there needs to be incentives to roll new characters on servers lacking on populations or to balance factions out.

alliance area 52 is a great example of this: outside of dalaran (sometimes even in dalaran) i never see any other alliance players thats how imbalanced it is (like 99% horde)

not sure what kind of rewards they could offer and it should be open to new players too.

would a 1,000-5,000 gold bonus to aid with new characters on ultra low population and low faction servers be enough? i don't want it too big to encourage people rolling it then transfering off but make it a great perk to aid general leveling.

They didn't band together to defeat the illidari though? PvP and especially Draenei and Blood Elves not liking each other were a huge part of TBC. Or do you not remember every fucking zone in the game having PvP objectives and the very first thing you do in Hellfire being sabotaging the enemy's artillery?

They only banded together to stop Kil fucking Jaeden from popping out of the Sunwell at the very end via the Shattered Sun Offensive. Which laid the groundwork for the Alliance and Horde to try and cooperate when the Lich King reared his ugly head.

no flying outside of certain zones where you can't get around without it makes the game a lot better honestly

>Panda shit being that high
Spotted the furfag.

I'm a die-hard vanillafag. Nostalrius was great and was an almost exact clone of the real thing.

Vanilla is the only thing that'd bring be back to WoW.

TBC? WotLK? God forbid Cata or later? No thanks.

>Fly over SW and Org to the point where most people have forgotten what things look like on the inside outside of where the AH is
>A good thing

Yes, the grappling hook and cliffwalls separating you and a questgiver inches apart made the game so much better

kys

I'm not saying TINY fucking zones with no quests (because muh wquests) make the game better
the grappling hook is actually a decent way to get around but it's so underused it feels like a wasted slot in your bag after a while

This is simply not a thing.

Vanilla > MoP > TBC > WotLK >>>>>> WoD = Legion

This is exactly true though

Trade district, mage tower, and mog building by the cathedral are the ONLY places in SW where you see people

Grappling hook is fun

Seeing a hook and thinking "there must be treasure up here!" is worth the no flying. I love that shit, even if it's only really in Stormheim

Why would anyone go anywhere but places of importance?

It's always been that way. You're just scapegoating flying in a parhetic strawman attempt

I'm a minigamer.

WotLK > TBC > MoP > Vanilla > Literal DOG SHIT > Cata > WoD.

I'm not a fan of the direction they've been taking since MoP either though. I've always been one that enjoys shitting on trash players in BGs, now trash players playing certain classes are still a pain in the ass to deal with. Back in BC/WotLK, I got to decide how much resilience I ran with. Now I don't even get to choose my fucking secondary stats, and the PvP talent tree just adds an extra monotony of "I wish I could have done this for this line-up, but I don't have it yet".

suramar city uses it quite alot but it's easy to overlook the hook points

before sw/org were redone in cata you'd see people running all over the fucking place
also deeprun tram was actually USED for something other than brawlers guild (which no one uses anymore)

Legion has the best gameplay so far. It's really fun to play. Too bad it's more of a Diablo-light instead of a actual MMORPG.

I like hitting my buttons, seeing flashy animations and doing my smooth rotation. It doesn't keep me interested for long, though. I'm already back to playing vanilla on Kronos 2 after Nost got shut down and even though I'm doing the same shit with the same class for the third time I'm having a blast.

>unironically being a pandafag

>muh LE PANDAS XD HOW COULD ANYONE LIKE WHAT I DON'T LIKE

>unironically being a wrathbabby too
Set yourself up for that one lad.

Its not that I hate legion (or love it either) its just thst the game doesnt feel like WoW anymore. Commuity has been fucked for ages, Loot is shitted on you at every chance you and get and the oversaturation of raid tiers makes the game boring as does the new loot system. I've just decided to keep playing Diablo 2/3 because WoW feels just like it but instead they put a cap on how much i'm allowed to have. WoW is just another ARPG with time gates now.

except I dislike wotlk and I think vanilla and mop were the only reasonably good time periods of wow

this guy is a fucking idiot

When does this game get good? I can't get past level 20 without getting completely bored out of my fucking mind.

Even Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, GW2, SWTOR, and FFXIV could hold my attention longer than this game can.

Silly user, blizzard cant be arsed to keep leveling good every expansion.
After all, every expansion needs to re invent the game and throw out all the content from the previous ones.

Why cant they do a horizontal expansion philosophy and have all content be "current"
Leveling would always be fine, no stupidly high numbers, good gear feels better to get period knowing it wont get thrown under the bus a few levels into the next expansion.

I know so many fucking vidya hipsters that actually say this.

Tхиc.

WoTLK > Legion > MoP > TBC > Cata > WoD > Vanilla

Any other opinion is wrong.

>MoP is better than WTLK

>Vanilla
>Good
>Vanilla
>Requiring socialization
Typing "lfm [dungeon here] need [role here] is not hard.

Also vanillas class balance was so fucking retarded fucked up. I will never forget how trash paladin was and how retarded OP shaman was.

I agree.

That picture man, brings back so many memories, its so beautiful

TBC > WotLK > Legion > MoP > Dogshit >>>>>>>>> Cata > WoD

Early Cata and the failure that was patch 4.1 literally made me quit the game

Boost to 100.
I'm not even joking, its simply not worth playing through the rest of the game anymore they fucked it beyond repair.

>are you a vanillafag?
No, BC
WoTLK/MoP/Legion - guild/guild/guild+actually a good expac
>stories
all the good stories are inside stories from the guild that would take far too long to explain.

Aside from the time I got banned for 24 hours for "griefing" a guy, by thunderstorming him off his mount for a solid week any time I saw him in storm peaks i had an alliance friend be my spotter for the faggot, he killed me once while I was AFK so I got my revenge, luckily I got the black mark removed from my acc afterwards because the GM found it hilarious too.
I still kill all dwarf male priests on sight. ON SIGHT.

>horizontal expansion philosophy and have all content be "current"
I think they've been secretly working on it, maybe since wrath.
Every expansion they show off better and better scaling technology.

What is with this meme of tbc being great. As a vanilla fag i can tell you that tbc was the start of the decline. It introduced flying mounts which destroyed world pvp and destroyed immersion.

Too bad it fucked everything forever with flying mounts. TBC never came close to vanillas sense of community and immersion.

i have 5 years in game /played across live and private servers. I counted.

Wrath = vanilla > tbc > Cata = mop

i consider all of these good but i think this is the proper order of things.

I rate wrath highly because i seemed to like it enough that i had over 20 level 80 characters.

wod not listed.

BC > Vanilla > Legion = WotLK

TBC > WoTLK > Shit > Legion > MoP > Cancer > Cata > WoD

TBC > WotLK pre 3.2 > Vanilla > WotLK 3.2/3/4 > Legion > MoP > Cata > WoD

>Community
Vanilla
>Art design
Vanilla
>Music
Wrath of the Lich King>Mists of Pandaria
>Zones
Vanilla> Wrath > Mists
>Itemization
Burning Crusade > Wrath >Vanilla
>Quests/World
Vanilla > Burning Crusade
>PvP
Vanilla, no contest

Overall I prefer vanilla, but the first 2 expansions are also great. Mists had some amazing parts. I only played WoD for 3 months and it was ok... but it seemed like there was no progression. I haven't played Legion but I hear good things.

WoTLK

best balance of classic and modern Blizzard design
PVE and PVP were both good
almost every class and spec had a purpose and was useful even if they didn't top the charts

there is obviously a reason that this was the expansion that gave WoW the highest subscriber numbers its ever had

Wrath
>added vehicle shit, meaning more unique quests
>objectively best OST
>Dal is the best hub
>best story of all the expacs
>Ulduar is tied with Kara as the greatest raid of all time
>achievements

how is the monk class hall experience?

Literally retarded

Practically everything that was said is wrong.

>TBC
>sit in town and queue
>early wotlk
>sit in town and queue

somebody's a noob

Because it didnt introduce the finder, making it instantly better than everything after it.

Vanilla > TBC > Wrath

They all had their ups and downs, I'd say TBC was the most polished WoW ever was but considering community, guild vs guild and general out in the world people doing shit vanilla was the best. epics felt epic, fights felt epic, world was fresh etc

I was a AQ40 fury warrior HWL in vanilla, then tanked for a raid guild I think we got to gurtogg before school made me have to tap out, in wotlk I mained a holy priest and did ulduar hard modes and small shit but slowly my desire to raid or do anything slipped away and now I'm here, alone..guildless and farming mounts for no reason

I know it sounds faggy because it is but I still get sad when it's late night in stormwind just remembering all the same nights I looked at that sky - but all the faces and names I member are gone, I'm the only one left - and nobody knows who I am or what I've accomplished over the years. But I know everyone.

The only thing that rustles my jimmies is that the guy on the left is a Hordefag. Only jaded teenagers, weebs and degenerates don't play Alliance.

>only degenerates don't play the furry ERP faction

>overall PvE content
TBC
>Lore and Quests
WotLK by far, even with all the fuckups
>Zones
WotLK
>PvP
Cataclysm, eventhough it started the burst meme
>World PvP
TBC/MoP (cause of timeless isles)
>innovative/new gimmicks