youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw
youtube.com/watch?v=I3J8fA9yMoo
youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk
youtube.com/user/gunnerchel/videos
twitter.com/ChelHellbunny
steamcommunity.com/id/pineapplepork/
youtube.com/watch?v=wVMgU5LLLgI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you get levels for completing singleplayer content you dumb mongo it means nothing

Rank is what you should be looking at

Maybe you should stop playing the beta :^)

You get levels through single player content.
I was level 600 before I hit gold.
Basically it dont mean shit.

TAKE IT BOY

The level doesn't matter dongus, what matters is their rank, so if they are bronze and you are bronze then you are equal skill

lobby where

It's because the game is dead

It's either

A
>Match up level 300s with total noobs

or

B
>20 minute queue times for a match

This.

There are plenty of low level players in the upper ranks because they didn't bother with the single player content, and the inverse tends to be true because the people playing the single-player stuff tend to be scrubs who can't make the cut online.

>the most played fighting game right now
>dead
lel

LOBBY
O
B
B
Y

WHERE
H
E
R
E

SF thread? SF thread.

Anyone have some interesting setups for Vega? It's difficult to find any tech for him because nobody plays him.

I'll see if I can host one later tonight

The "levels" don't matter.
The only thing that matters are the rank points, as they are the actual representation of the player's skill.

When do you guys think Ingrid will be announced?

When Bloodborne comes to PC.

So when's Poison? And how much is she going to suck when they remove her rekkas, make her fireballs bad, and make her DP even worse?

Dead game.

Waiting for Tekken 7.

FGs are at their lowest point in history atm.

I don't think you know what dead means

Hardly, and Tekken 7 will be dead within months of its release because casuals can't play Tekken.

I always enjoyed playing Chun, she's my main, but she does seem OP in 5.
I'm gonna practise with some Juri/Laura, they're actually fun

if I made a lobby would anyone join?

US/EU

>but she does seem OP in 5.

I'm pretty convinced that Chun is in a class of her own on the tier list. Nobody touches her.

>muh Tekken
Tekken player here who knows you fucks will be dropping the game after a week from release.
Stop saying "X game is the one that'll FINALLY kill SFV", because you keep on dropping games as soon as you pick them up.

Missions have been the best addition to this game, I wish there was at least some daily ones but how it is works well at getting me to play more

No one plays KoF XIV.

I'm doing singleplayer content because it seems to be a decent way to earn fight money for unlocking stuff.

>tekken fag here please don't populate my dead game
okay

If you're on PC you can still use the one round survival cheat, that nets you like 20-50k for just one expert round.

you have to space them out though, like one a day or every few hours will never get detected, all the experts in 10 minutes will

I played through the stories once to get enough for Alex, but the people truly gung-ho about competing or having the unlockables are going to just buy the season pass so they don't have to play the single player stuff.

Also, unless you also have the mod to get all the survival rewards after 1 round, single player beyond the story barely pays out.

Not that guy, but we don't really give a fuck. Anyone interested in Tekken has cultivated a local group of friends to play with years ago.

Casuals never stick with a new Tekken game for more than a month.

being a secretclub fag isn't healthy for a games success

speaking of Alex how the fuck do you beat a good one

I always get rolled by him and bison

stop pressing buttons on wakeup and getting hit by his lariat dummie

I never did get used to her DP only going vertically with zero forward movement going from SFxT to USFIV.

I actually want to give tekken an honest try, but this is right

The stupidest thing about x game will kill another is nothing works like that for the simple fact that people play multiple games. It isn't even hard to do

I never said that, 2dbabby, I'm saying that I'm tired of hearing this "X will kill SF!" bullshit when you guys know you drop games constantly.

Rank is also useless since people just disconnect when they win. I've met lobby rookies that are infinitely better than golds.

He didn't say it was gonna kill sf tho, he just said sf5 is dead and hes waiting for tekken

What if I like the single player story stuff and also play well online? Is being a lorefag a sin now?

thats been patched

and lobby rookies are rookie because guess what, they play lobbies instead of ranked

A bunch of Chinese guys are still playing KoF 97 and those Koreans are still obsessed with T7

Keywords "tends to be true".

I never said it was an absolute, but in more than 50% of cases it is true. Also, who's your main?

Stop pressing buttons. Use v-reversals to get out of unfavourable situations (e.g., after blocking a lariat or EX stomp). Alex players will frequently go for the command grab after a blocked lariat or flash-chop on-hit. Alternatively, they will hit s.MP and buffer into a stomp or headbutt. Be ready to jump out of both options.

Bison is easier to deal with than Alex. He has no way to open you up as long as you aren't an idiot and start trying to press buttons after his s.HK. The key is to just wait patiently until he moves out of range and has to take a risk to get in again. His headstomp can be dodged and punished. If you have a slide, it's even easier. His v-trigger devil's reverse will cross-up most of the time so be ready for it.

>my face when growing up with SF but loving Tekken, too
Life must be tough for people who define themselves over franchise loyalty. It's just videogames, not trench warfare.

Nash

>Sonicfox started playing Urien
Why? Don't ruin a cool character with your yiffing

At least he is ass at sfv so he'll rarely be on stream

>character is bad because some furry plays them
What kind of retarded logic is this? Going by that manner of thinking, I guess that every character is shit because some 12 year old with arthritis picked them up at some point.

Not him, but all those retards playing Ryu and Ken kinda soured those characters for me. If you pick them, I can't help but insantly assume you're a complete idiot. Same goes for Nash and Chun players. It's how stereotypes are born.

Post mains

Gee whiz I wish I could judge people as fast as you guys can.

>If you pick them, I can't help but insantly assume you're a complete idiot.

No kidding. I play completely differently against the shotos than I do against other characters. I start from the assumption that my opponent is a moron and work upwards from there. The first test usually involves getting a hard knockdown, standing and blocking while waiting for the DP.

Should SFV be best of 6 rounds default? The game goes so quick sometimes I think it would be a bit more fair if it did

Unless they're an fgc celebrity, right?

God no.

Hello, LTG.

But really, I play Mika, so I'm interested in hearing your opinion on that character and the people that use her.
What rank are you at where bad Ryus are still an issue?

lore/single player babies tend to be the worst part of any fighting game fanbase.

That's a terrible idea.

Unless you've got people doing legitimately nothing but rushdown that would drag fights on for nearly 10 minutes a pop. It's already bad enough when Dhalsim players go best of 3 rounds.

Not sure. I haven't played any FGC celebrities apart from FairlySadPanda and his Birdie. He beat me both times completely legit.

So why do pro players never play games with no lore or single player that are completely sold on their mechanics, e.g. Virtua Fighter?

>But really, I play Mika, so I'm interested in hearing your opinion on that character and the people that use her.

Nobody likes Mika players.

>What rank are you at where bad Ryus are still an issue?

Plat.

I'd add Mika to the list along with Necalli. However, there are some legit Mikas out there. When you play like 20 mashy jumpy Mikas, you're not prepared for that one Mika that actually tries to play footsies with you.

I've been to /fgg/ and confirm that the people that play seriously can be amazingly retarded as well.

this post makes me sad

How?

twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/781904199348916224

>Cred Forums pros that have never placed in a meaningful tournament think their opinion on the game matters

>played Karin
>was close to hit Platinum
>pick up Juri
>slipped back to Gold yesterday
Fucking kill me.

You can get to level 100 by doing easy survival with everyone. Your level is just the combined level of all your characters

Guess I can't call a meal shit because I'm not a chef or I can't call a book shit because I'm not a writer.

>playing ranked with a character you just picked up

Am I supposed to look for something special here?

Nigga, I spent weeks playing casuals with her. I think I just hit a wall with her. Which is a shame because she's a blast to play.

You can call a meal shit, but you won't be able to articulate that as well as an actual chef that knows about food would. Same for writers. It's like some fat guy that played tennis in high school thinking he knows more about the sport than a professional player that gets paid to do nothing but play tennis all day.

I honestly hope they remake her entirely if she comes to SFV. Her normals were fine, but fuck if she didn't have the laziest moveset ever conceived, especially for being one of the few fighters that actually uses a weapon. They basically just mixed Fei Long and Ryu, and called it a day. She's even considered a shoto by the designers' definitions.

>playing ranked

I never played tekken but if its like soul calibur ill be good at it

I don't understand how you came to thinking that was a valid counterargument. You'd be better off asking people in the Virtua Fighter community why more people don't play the game.

>if its like soul calibur ill be good at it

It's nothing like SC. It's significantly harder than SC.

>real fgc
>humble and welcoming
>Cred Forums fgc
>full of shit talking online heroes
Why the massive disconnect?
So you only play lobbies?

Sounds easy to me.

I play yoshi in Soul calibur so im sure the transition will be smooth

It wasn't a counterargument, per se. I'm asking why games made from the ground up for competitive somehow do worse in competition numbers than games that also make offerings for casuals.

OP - game does not work well..... remember the rootkit......???
The gameplay is sub-par compared to MK and KI.
Gameplay is crap compared to Alpha and SF2....

Why do you keep buying crap that NU-capcom sells. Look are resident evil and DMC.... IS IT NOT OBVIOUS THAT CAPCOM IS DEAD and NU-CAPCOM is a chinese fucker waiting to rob you.

Just go to shoryuken and complain over there.

SFV is fine as is.... that is its a shit PC port and an even worse console game... beta more like a pre alpha with all the gliches and missing textures.

It is better than playing ranked if you actually want to learn

If you say so.

I've been playing both series for years and they really play nothing alike. Tekken movement, in particular, is considerably more execution heavy than SC's.

Opinions among pros also tend to vary drastically. What happens is that people lacking insight into the game latch onto something their favorite player said, which is supposed to make up for their own lack of research or insight. The pro will be treated as an authority even though there are countless others on a similar skill level with disagreeing opinions, at which point the discussion turns into a pissing match which pro is better and has won the most tournaments.

It's nothing more than a convenient way out of a discussion for people who don't know their shit.

I'm playing it right now and there's ~10 populated lobbies not counting ranked

In truth though the game is very busted so whether or not it lives the good competitive life 13 had depends on the upcoming patch

Is the 8 way run different somehow?

Without crossplay SFV would be dead

Haven't played XIV yet. How is it busted?

Also, is it better or worse than SFV at launch?

Obviously.

Trying to keep the game exclusive to one system would have killed it.

Without your mom and her chicken tendies, you would be dead.

On PC maybe, but isn't it doing fine on PS4?

THANK YOU SIR

Kof has a full roster with more interesting combos and casual content so yea

>Opinions among pros also tend to vary drastically.
That is mostly because everyone takes anything they say as gospel, when really most pros are pretty normal and are just chatting shit with friends. If prbalrog tweets "fuck chun she is broken", chances are he does not actually mean she is broken, he is just a bit frustrated but then /fgg/ and r/kappa take it and run

That is true as well. People worship those players too much.

Probably because games that have budgeting that can give attention to significant single player content have more cultural currency.

So is there no length requirement for how long you must play a fighting game before you're allowed to have a meaningful opinion on it?

EU LOBBY WHERE?

To backdash properly in Tekken, you have to input b, b, d/b, N, b, b, d/b, N etc. in rapid succession. The same applies to sidestepping. If you are sloppy with your inputs, you will backsway with a large portion of the cast which will get you killed.

Movement is much more important in Tekken because the game is fundamentally about whiff punishing.

Make it yourself you fucking Yuropoor

Its ok... unfortunately on PS4 it has to contend to MKXL and KOF14. Not to mention TEKKEN 7 is comming soon so tough luck in the sales department. It still costs $60. Not to mention that there are plenty of better games with more content out there. Fighting genre is really a small crowds game and my 13 year old bro only plays Overwatch and COD.... I can't even get him SF. He keeps complaining how its too dumb and boring and the moves are really stupid... guess kids will always make the market for vidya.

JUST T-REX MY SHIT UP

doing easy mode survival and the 2-3 fight character stories as every character takes you to lvl 250+, player level really doesnt mean much in this game

So I want to get this game if they ever fix it, but knowing Capcom, they won't.
Also, is it true that you can pay to unlock characters? That's not true, is it?

I make them 99% of the times and nobody ever joins.

its true

>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag
>install malicious rootkits that destroy your PC and grant unauthorized access to your machine

You can pay to unlock characters, but just playing singleplayer should provide you with enough in-game currency to buy most, if not all of those characters.

I get making lobbies for smaller games that no one plays, but you can find a match for SF in 10 seconds. People probably don't feel obligated to join because of that.

You can make a valid statement at any level, and you can make a wrong one too. But if someone who does know about them is actually making a serious comment, not some off hand tweet then that statement carries more weight than someone who got the game yesterday saying DPs are impossible

Fuck

VIPER

W H E N

Uh-oh, looks like Nubi woke up from his unemployment-induced afternoon nap.

Hitboxes are completely fucked and the game constantly fucks up which side you're on

It's also pretty imbalanced and as it is there's about 6 or 7 characters that can abuse max mode and the systems really well who are realistically the only viable characters despite what people say. Rushdown/hop pressure has also been gutted and rerun/hop pressure isn't really a thing anymore either, you just poke and max, hoping it hit, instead.

Here's an example of the hitbox fuckery twitter.com/gakudesuyo/status/781170748186435584

Really the issue isn't just stuff like this but things stemming from it, uncrossups are practical and it's almost impossible to be able to confidently predict whether something will crossup or not, even in the corner.

they will never fix it cause the problem lies in the center of the very design of the UI. The gameplay is as always but the UI and the NET CODE is all chinese crap that they leased from some HK douche for as little money as possible. This title was clearly an after thought for Capcom. They only rushed it out for EVO and even then the backlash was so bad that the casuals look at this game like the plague. LOL and DOTA 2 turned everyone into a one click six button fag.

Right after Sakura in season 2.

EU lobby in picture. Filter to password only and look for the comment that says Let's have some casual fun.

>hop pressure isn't really a thing anymore
Literally my favorite thing about KoF, so I'll probably be waiting on this game for a while, then.

I would join, but I'm afraid of getting booted again.

Nope you need to buy. Or be extremely persistant with the hell of a survival mode to make enough fight money to buy characters. You literally need to keep playing like as if you are working in order to buy your fav character... basically its less painful to dish out the cash.

Let's say you get booted. What's the worst thing that happens? You feel bad for a few minutes?

>Nope you need to buy.
That's bullshit. Characters can be earned with both real money and in-game currency.

......................... girl Ryu......... RYU FIGHTER V: THE FISTS OF HADO

Reminder that 8 frames of input delay removes footsies and strategy from the game and basically turns it into a mashing slugfest

youtube.com/watch?v=3CBEVIDwge0
youtube.com/watch?v=zwalITH_cGY
youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw

This shit has been going on for days and I'm kinda sick of it. Just a waste of time for everyone involved.

........... you need to do survival mode..... that is work.... This is a game with work involved.... a lot of work..... literally forcing you to play only SFV till you get blisteringly good at it in order to buy.... 2 more chars out of a planned 14 more. Each Normal survival gets you 5000 Fm.. Normal is hard.

Each Hard survival is evil.... its nets you 10000FM

Each char is 100.000 FM..... so yeah good luck freaking out at the last round when bison kills you and you got to spend another 10min trying to get to him only to die at least 7 times before you beat him for 5000 FM....... Challenges earn you 2000FM a week...... do the math

my man just use the mod

cant PS4 version

you CAN pay to unlock characters, but you can also earn in game currency to purchase them. I've unlocked every single char only using in game money. I don't buy colors or stages though so theres that.

Just you wait until my shit gets updated and I'm gonna show you my Bronze skill bby

HAHAHAHAHAHA SUCKS 4 YOU DUMBASS

>still playing SF5

You deserve every bad thing that happens to you.

>.......... you need to do survival mode
Not really. Story mode for each character, demonstrations and trials should be enough to net you a couple of characters. And survival up until hard isn't even that diffcult. Plus, there are online challenges now. You have literally no excuse.

Unrelated, but you type like a sperg.

SF4 was trash as was all of starcraft

Not him, but yes.
Tekken doesn't have 8 way run, it has korean backdashing, sidestepping and sidewalking. Backdashing is done by wavedashing but backwards, and with some characters is tougher than other, since -for example Byan- some of them have command back dashes.
Sidestepping is done by tapping up or down, pressing for longer gets you a small jump and a regular press gets you a jump. Sidewalking is by short press > hold the same direction.
Tekken movement is "more important" -as the other user said- than in SC for the simple fact that Tekken is much more restricted, and thus, if you manage to get the execution to move like a pro, you instantly leveled up footsies to ridiculous extents.
But the other user is making it look too important, but it's really just as important as in SC, it just so happens that Tekken puts the gross of the execution barrios into the movement itself, unlike many other games.

Daily reminder to stop posting, and a reminder it's 6,5f now

The vast majority of grounded normals beats hops. Literally all 4 of ioris do. Terry's fucking sweep will catch a hop. It's really annoying. If the player wants to mash you can no longer hop over their shit to punish them.

While VF is designed with the competitive scene in mind, it isn't spectator-friendly at all. Unless you play VF yourself you won't be able to appreciate things that don't look obviously important like being able to ETEG, choosing correct OTG option or countering your opponent's attacking patterns.

Sure everyone can appreciate it when somebody totally dominates and wins the match in less than a minute but people who don't play the game won't understand at all what's happening in a match where both players are able to negate their opponent's attacks, which can be awesome in its own way.

But still not as much trash as sf5 sadly.

At least I don't get Crapcom root kits and a bunch of poorly ported crap AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . Wait till they start banning PC accounts and then when they drop PC support like ED Boon with MKX HAHAHAHA PC Master my ass

SF5 is fine

Nope its still 8 frames.
Its just that you had even more lag with ps4 sticks and thats what they fixed

get in here

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you get paid by capcom or something?

...... wow I guess you don't have the Beach stage.... wow I guess you don't have colors..... wow I guess you play Balrog.... ... HAHAHAHA wait till they take away most of out FM earned shit and force us to buy it.... just wait I guarantee it will happen

Nope.

youtube.com/watch?v=I3J8fA9yMoo

Isn't that what commentators are for?

No I just dislike slow fighter 4 and anything that isn't it is a god send.

I actually see Loss in this. Fuck.

That would be correct if the Checkers board would have some cracks and a uglier artstyle

Well, you not only type like a sperg.

By the way: I have all of those items because I actually play the game.

True DAT.
I returned to SF4..... and I ain't lookin back. Me and my buds will be holding local turneys next week.... local only.

What the hell is going on here now, you niggers?

nigga. SF4 is legit one of the ugliest games I have layed eyes on. SF5 is so far above it outside of some meme'd missteps.

SF4 did have some gameplay faults, but SF5 is just an overall shitty product.

I cant let that level of terrible production quality slide, the game is too inconvienient to play.

Yeah, I'd be mad too if I relied on invincible backdashes and option selects only to find all that scrub shit gone in SFV lol

Join my lobby you niggers.

I genuinely don't understand the "Fighting games are chess" metaphor people are so attached to.

man its hilarious how everyone all of sudden loves 4 when all we heard was how horrible it was

>SFIV is the game with CPT pot money
>GUYS, SFIV IS GREAT, FUCK EVERY OTHER SF, SFIII IS TRASH!
>SFV is the game with CPT pot money
>GUYS SFV IS GREAT, FUCK EVERY OTHER SF, SFIV TRASH!
Can't wait until I get your honest opinions on SFV in 10 years, lol.

>>>> you actually play the "game"
Tis not a "game" good Sir. Tis a CHORE.

but people are saying that USFIV was one of the best now

I'm too American to join

Nah, talking to you is a chore.

Which is funny because they were saying its one of the worst right up until SF5 came out. Now its god level untouchable.

the lobbys really suck

Both are played by nerds that think they're cooler and smarter than they really are, but are really just going through the motions they practiced over and over at home.

Don't forget that SFIV introduced a new generation to Street Fighter. It's to them what SFII is to most of us. It's their benchmark for fighting games.

If I'd been forced to drink piss for 5 years, then was offered shit instead, I'd be feeling nostalgic for piss as well.

Here is mine. SF3 was utter crap and I kept playing alpha while in the arcades and never placed a coin into the SF3 Machine.
SF4 was UGLY.... THE UGLIEST SF EVER.
SF5 was and is a disaster but not as bad as SF3 to the brand. That game cemented SF as a pro only game. Casuals will not ever tough another SF since then. SF4 simply put came out when there was a bigger demand. That demand subsided and now sales are low and the product delivered is piss poor in all honesty. So many better games out there for the same price.

u must be a lonely very guy..... wanna cuddle cause u still speaking to me.

Must love me eh?

Ain't that the truth. I always felt 4 was v solid on a competition level

More like if I was fucked in the ass for five years I'd go crazy, develop Stockholm's and be alienated by suddenly not getting fucked in the ass anymore.

Stop talking to me, sperg.

sperg.... I love the nickname that you gave me LOVER.......

I will call you cuddle buttons

Nice to see Razorfist hates both IV and V

It's not a nickname, it's what you are.

Sperg.

I don't think that would help much. Virtua Fighter is pretty fast and it has quite a lot of core mechanics that everyone playing the game is expected to understand.

Sure you could try to have an in depth analysis of what's going on like "Jacky has +2 frame advantage so Shun should defend himself or try to interrupt Jacky with something fast, but Shun chooses to evade to the right and buffer some throw escapes and finish off with guard, which payed off since Jacky went for 6P that got dodged and leaves Shun at decent advantage", but that describes something that takes less than a second to happen, so there'd be no way to explain all of that while the game is still happening.

The best you could do is say something like "nice dodge!", but that wouldn't clarify that Shun also inputted some throw escape commands and prepared for delayed pokes by guarding. And to be honest, even casters can't explicitly see buffered throw escapes so they can only assume players who know their shit are buffering throw escapes when appropriate.

Look how Numsy Loves me.... Look Cred Forums Numsy loves meee Oh me little brother Numsy cuddle Buttons wait till I get home and we get together .... oh Cred Forums look at our love.... :*

SPERG means "Dramatically Passionate Or Obsessive About A Subject"

which Mr/Mrs Sperg is about you??

You brought this on yourself welp.... this is Cred Forums after all. Watch out who you call names here. Everyone here knows English. Unfortunately Trolls live in these here caves.

Shut up, sperg.

Oh Numsy my love..... when do you want to you knoe...... let us get together... aha.... Oh my Numsy Cuddle Buttons.

Kekked heartily, tell me what character you play, pal

>complaining about your main's stubby normals even though he has the most broken piece of shit normals in this game
I have broken a fight stick over retard Necalli players (basically all of them) mashing jab on wake up because it's so good. Unless you're a god at meatying most of them time you'll get scrubbed out with a jab, go into the bullshit Necalli guessing game and then die. I do not respect anyone who plays easy mode characters like Ryu, Ken, Necalli, Nash, Mika or Laura. I'll get the occasional person who plays an easy mode character and actually plays footsies but 90% of the time they play like a retard.

Yeah I'd need to have the lowest self respect possible to accept a software this shoddily thrown together as acceptable.

And for still playing the games of a company that literally installs malware on your pc.

LIKE.... THUMBS UP....
:D

Unless you are playing a character without:
an overhead,
a command grab,
an invincible reversal
or a 3framer
you ARE playing on easy mode.

Nice memes you got there, out of arguments huh?

I mean of course some corporate loyalist kid wouldnt accept rational arguments and discourse.

The only reason to get this is for MODS.
What kind of mods..
MODS MODS :D

This game is for those special moments when you need some alone time..... PPAP

Is the joke that every character has at least one of these?

No I meant to give you a Thumb up and a like.... but Cred Forums is behind on the times so comments cannot be upvoted.... its a thing now.... you know like working netcode and actual gamesplay and good graphics. I agree that SFV is a hollow product that is meant to trick you into loosing money like Pachinco machines..... Pachinc :D

This is such a stupid thing to say

The character select is the same for everyone, if you are denying yourself options that you yourself see as critical then the fool is you, not the person who picked a better character than you

So is this the number one shitposting game?

Bison has none of those.
I'm not going to tell people off for playing whoever they want to play, but if you are going to make a list of "easy characters", I'm going to point out that you, more than likely, are playing an easy character.

Lost me at unless..... You pay $60 for everything to work properly. They have been doing this for 30 years. They invented the bloody genre.... why the hell would you accept a botched up job from the experts.... cause you are a monkey... sorry monkeys are intelligent primates...you are a human.... only humans are this gullible.

So you are a literall retard, yeah nice try to deflect legit issues with the game.

Only a real shiteater would still play SF5 at this point.

You've activated my thirst user

sauce

Yes and we love shitposting it. Its the main rant game. Bought it and started ranting like a pro rapper. This game deserves its place in history. THE WORST CAPCOM GAME EVER. Even worst then the light gun resident evil games. I think this game is actually their crowning achievement. They are officially JUST LIKE KONAMI.

>PPAP

more like BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP

>Unless you're a god at meatying
Learn meaty setups then like literally everyone who is actually good at the game

Then why aren't you playing it? ;)

Do mods even work after the latest patch?

BUT I EAT SHIT... I don;t play SFV.... I really love scat. That is why I entered this thread to look at all the lovely shit you all give about this crapcom title.... wow the scat here is good. SF has always sucked. Just took you guys 20 years to figure it out.

>the only hard character is the one I play

You are literally shitposting the easiest game in the universe to shitpost. It's not only that you're beating the dead horse, you're taking its corpse and dragging it through the streets. The game is a failure but people still play it because it's still SF.

ketchup :D

Cosplay off of Tumblr

MODS STILL WORK.. SOME NEED UPGRADES BUT ALL STILL WORK.

Nice argument once you realized Bison has none of those. You should have looked at the character movelists before talking.
Care to explain yourself?

Not him, but I feel so bad for M. Bison and Zangief mains. Their characters got completely gutted.

It's not an argument, I'm mocking you for thinking you're hardcore for playing low tier

Reminds me of deejay and sean mains that complain because their character is bad

youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk

youtube.com/user/gunnerchel/videos
twitter.com/ChelHellbunny

explain what???? That we keep talking about this garbage even though I actually went and bought MKX and KI for pc for god knows what reason and am actually having way more fun with my friends who actually want to play those two games. I got SFV on a sale for $25. Bought a few exclusive costumes and modded the game to death.... lost interest after 98 hours. My friends hate the game and I started to hate it too. It is so old school, so stale and so stuck in the 90's. And then the root kit hit with urien. This game was suppose to be the LOL of fighting games and it turned out to be the Battleborn, the Ride to Hell, the Rambo game. It is the worst Fighter in 2016 hands down. Smash bros is better for Gods sake,

I would rather eat glass than play this.
I would rather watch my own genitals be smashed then touch this game again.
I would rather be raped by cannibals and then eaten alive while being raped then play this turd.
I would rather play with dynamite in my mouth while running through lava than look at someone play this.

Literally no longer a rant or shitpost but rather all out hate.

Nice projection.
I never complained, I just replied to a meme comment calling other characters "easy" when every character has easy stuff.
If you got hurt at the fact that you are using a character that's just as easy as the ones you are complaining about, then you should stop posting.

thank you

Didn't even read that, m8.
I'm still wondering why you replied to me.

don't know.... accidentally pressed your numbers... saw I could comment.... and I let it rip.

Sorry it was not targeted at you.

1. I'm not a retard that plays low tier so there's no projection here, I doubt you even know what that means and just use it as a "free argument win" card like strawman etc
2. Bison is piss easy compared to Dhalsim and Urien despite both characters being leagues better than him

>so there's no projection here
Yes, there's lots of it, you are so assblasted you keep doing it.
>"free argument win"
See how you are horribly mad right now? You are projecting and making shit up. You made a comment complaining about easy characters, I told you a list a of things that make winning with a character easy, and the fact that you realized you are playing a character that has easy things got you booty blasted.
>2. Bison is piss easy compared to Dhalsim and Urien despite both characters being leagues better than him
And again, you are so mad you start to change the matter of the discussion. "Easy" as in "easy to win with", not "easy execution", and nothing in SFV is hard to do, Urien and Dalshim are a babby's first """difficult""" character.
Stop posting, you are too angry right now to realize you fucked up by calling other characters easy when you lose and by projecting your tier crying onto me.

>I've been in enough online arguments on Cred Forums to recognize when people project their insecurities for "free wins". I'll have you know, I always win my online arguments ;)

Yeah and there something really wrong with that.
The basic consumer shouldnt be this retarded.

But a Brand name takes you a long way i guess.

So when's the actual SFV thread with lobbies and stuff

you keep on stating that I'm mad when you're the one writing these 200 word essays

I do always win my online arguments though, I am a master tactician when it comes to debating worthless topics

Should I uninstall the PC version?

>(You)
>you keep on stating that I'm mad when you're the one writing these 200 word essays
>
>
>I do always win my online arguments though, I am a master tactician when it comes to debating worthless topics
Damn, son, why so angry?

Mine do

now you're just baiting

What's with people complaining about this game every second but still everyone and their mother is playing it?

RAAAASHIDOOOOOO

I'd say you're the one that's angry seeing that you can't even post like someone with a clear head at this point

I've never even seen someone fuck a post up that badly

>real fgc
>hungry for only money
thats the real fgc

>Anonymous 55 seconds ago No.353384191(You)
>I'd say you're the one that's angry seeing that you can't even post like someone with a clear head at this point
>
>I've never even seen someone fuck a post up that badly
Are you a master baiter?

Why would anyone that wants money get in on the fgc? League pays 100x as much and is also 100x easier

That's something I never got. If they want money, why not just make a Dota or CoD team? Those game pay much more.

or get a real job

>tfw Vega's v-trigger doesn't go trough projectiles
>worst v-reversal in the whole game

Would you rather make shit money doing something you absolutely love since you've been a child or make loadsemone doing some bullshit team-based grind where you're not at fault for your loss half of the time?

So glad M. Bison and Ibuki shitters got completely fucked in this game. No more heavy kicks for you Bison, and no more hard knockdown vortex bullshit for you Ibuki.

Now I know where all these "special commands in fighting games are bullshit" posters are coming from

Is ibuki complete and utter trash? I've seen hardly any of her since release week

Ibuki is so fucking worthless. I always obliterated literally any Ibuki player and I'm not even ultra bronze.

they make money matches and play each other
now capcom is feeding their addiction with a large prize pool so they are just riding SFV the way they rode SFIV until that money is gone then go back to playing each other in money matches

I'm pretty sure no one loves SFV outside of the money.

At least Vega's v reversal can get him out of pressure midscreen if they don 'f have a slide. Chun's is completely worthless.

I'm kinda sad that no SFV money matches have been streamed that I know of. USFIV and MvC2/3 money matches were more hype than any tourney

someone make a lobby

So they didn't really like SFIV and it was all about the money?

LITERALLY chun's only weakness

She has some redeeming qualities like her v-trigger antics where she can reset you to stun and her kunais being pretty good, other than that she's pretty trash.

But Chun has the advantage of being the best character in the game.

Yeah but Vega has no problem in neutral, maybe a bit lacking in pressure but other than that he is really good. The problem is that he is completely fucked in the corner. since Vega is shit in close combat.

Because SF4 is too bad to go back to and everything else is really niche. It's awful. Fighting games are in a rough spot right now.

EIGHT

EIGHT FRAMES OF INPUT DELAY

>tfw Nash gets three get out of jail free cards per round

It's 6.5 now. Same as sf4 had on ps3. Not great, but could be worse.

So whats the verdict, is Urien being used too much and we hate him now?

No its not, patch notes said they remove 1 extra frame on certain controllers and made it 8 frames across the board.

All me. I also got caught begging for the game on Cred Forums, but trust me guys it sucks ;)

just watch the video dude it's 6.5

>No more heavy kicks for you Bison
Funnily enough, roundhouse is still the best move.

I love Urien

I just want to play Urien

I main Urien

Kinda wish I played when 3S was here

Recent tests say otherwise. There are unlisted changes in patches all the time.

He is top tier with meter and mid tier without, nothing more to say.

the fgc shit all over sfiv all the time when it was the "revival of fighting games"

it wasnt until they were given something worse like cross tekken then sfv that sfiv became some godly entry into the series

Wrong. All those tests that told us it was an 8 frame delay were done on the native sticks whose lag was removed in the recent patch.

Nope, all accurate tests still say 8 frames, nice try though.

SFIV is still garbage. SFxT and SFV are better in almost every way possible.

Incorrect

SF cross Tekken was a retarded idea. Instead of doing Tekken characters in the SF style and doing SF characters in the Tekken style like they originally planned they should have made just one game with an original gameplay and aesthetics style. Maybe even a true mix of both games.

anyone else just started the game? i grabbed it last week off gmg. it'd be nice to have someone to play against and get better with.

>sfv
>better than SF4

Is there any other character that struggles more in this game than M. Bison? All you can do with him is frame trap and his only mix up is a throw or head press which is easily blockable if they don't have the reaction time of a sloth. All you have to do to shut down Bison is block. If you can get a knockdown on Bison you have a pretty good chance of automatically winning the game, because Bison has the worst wakeup tools in the game. The only time Bison becomes good is when he gets v-trigger, otherwise it's a huge struggle. I feel like I win most of the time with Bison due to match up inexperience, but if you find someone who knows the Bison frame traps and gimmicks you're basically fucked.

Link one.

post steam

Vega. Everything is unsafe and your long range neutral is only good against scrubs. You need to do high risk mix ups all the time to stand a chance. Half his tools are locked behind correct spacing and positioning.

I bought the game last week as well.

Maybe Fang. Bison at least has good damage when you do finally open someone up. If you have a 3F normal you can mash out of everything Fang can pressure you with.

But Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is still alive.

>Chellhellbunny
Why does this disgusting fat American think she looks anything like my Cammy?

steamcommunity.com/id/pineapplepork/

I used to think V-trigger made Bison top tier, then I played people in locals for more than 3 games and realized that mashing beats dash cross ups cleanly, and I lost much of my hope.
Then I found out that low forward > light scissors doesn't work in v-trigger, and since I found that out I have not used v-trigger once.
It doesn't help that you cannot do max range scissors to avoid punishment unlike without v-trigger.
Nobody believes me, but Bison v-trigger is fucking shit, just use v-reversals every day.

I understand having preferences and all, but this company crusading shit is ridiculous as fuck.

You appear to be well on your way

>1 frame links
>couch tech
>plinking
Because all this is what made SFIV so DEEP right? No it did not it

>I limit myself because a random mofo on the internet might think less of me
What a cuck

No, but a neutral game that didn't boil down to dash and mash, viable anti airs, and playstyles other than rushdown actually working made it a deeper game.

You say that, but we all know SFIV was about exploiting as much as possible. Atleast SFV made it fun to pick up characters. Sure I miss the fancy set-ups but those are nearly impossible to pull off.

Yes, all those things made the game deeper, regardles of if you like them or not.

>Atleast SFV made it fun to pick up characters
Nah, sfv is boring as shit.

If you only see negatives about one game you're certainly a shitposter of the highest degree and mad as fuck too.

>stun a guy into critical in a CASUAL MATCH
>he disconnects before the fight ends
What's the point?

There's nothing to exploit in sf5 because there's nothing fucking there. Dash or jump in and hammer your medium buttons until you get a counterhit. That's the game.

>Is visibly mad
>calls others mad
kek

>fgc
>welcoming
>humble
>HUMBLE

>lost interest after 98 hours
As someone who regularly puts games on the backburner in less than 10, and in a world where most games don't last more than 20, I don't really see the problem?

>but we all know SFIV was about exploiting as much as possible
That's every fighting game you fucking mong.

Preschool tier mirror insult faggotry.

I can't even run the game in windowed because it gives me shit fps. The gameplay isn't even fun. Basic shit.

Can't wait for Capcom to go bankrupt. Dragon's Dogma was their last great game.

talking about the real fgc, not the wannabe e-thugs you see on twitch. Your locals aren't really like that, right

Try and teach SFIV to a newer player and you'll see what I'm talking about. you fucking momo

Competitive games are not like your common AAA game. After 100 hours you're barely beyond entry level.

Exactly. You have to ACTUALLY LEARN THE GAME AND THE CHARACTERS.

>gets called out for faggotry
>"LE U VISIBLE MAD"
>"SURE KIDDO"
Without fail.

"V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing"
Saying it like there not punishable.

You don't seem to belong to any first world country. Where do you come from?

Yes, actually. The ones that go outside realize the games have enough of a perceived entry barrier that they don't need to act like hostile gatekeepers.

>moving the goalposts to fuck-knows-where
I've never seen someone trying to deflect this hard

>using buzzwords to fuck-knows-where
I've never seen someone not understand anything this hard.

But there is nothing to learn.

Everything you need to do is dash and mash.

There is only one character that can save Street Fighter V, Akuma.

Just like your mother. ;)

>i don't know what some words mean so I call them buzzwords

>Another shoto

Into the trash

Tekken owns the rights to him now

link to uncensored?

>tfw he plays like evil Ryu but will no fireballz

LET IT BEGIN

ibuki has 3 of those and she's pretty hard

>Unless you're a god at meatying
La fucking maou
There is nothing special about Necallis 3frame jab
It can be CC just as well as anything else in the game.
>trying to play footsies with Necalli
If you get beat by necallis that because they had a better neutral game then you you are 100% shit because necallis netrual might as well not exist.
>I do not respect anyone who plays easy mode characters like Ryu, Ken, Necalli, Nash, Mika or Laura
>Laura
Okay so you are a shitter
What character do you play play faggot?
I bet i can find at least 3 things about your character that is easy to complain about

You wonder why Americans never win EVO. It's because they complain about stupid shit like this all day. Maybe if you cried less and practiced more you'll stop getting bodied by Japs. TOPPA KEKKO

I got demoted to Silver after some weeks at Gold. Been playing some Bronze players and shit is pretty much identical to Gold. Only difference is that Bronze players don't tech as well. But other than that, shit's just the same.

America is free, more at 11.

If the shoe fits.

That's what I don't get. Americans pride themselves on "honesty" and not "tier whoring," but as we can all see, their honor doesn't mean shit on the international scale.

I guess lives of duties and dogmas really are just frames forged by rats.

>Americans pride themselves on "honesty" and not "tier whoring
>gives a player shit for character loyalty

SHOULD I BUY THIS GAME Cred Forums OR SHOULD I NOT, I'VE NEVER PLAYED A FIGHTAN BEFORE, LET ME KNOW HURRY

It's funny, When americans play games like MvC they play as dirty as humanly possible and they end up dominating said games. I wonder why they don't play dirty in the rest of the games?

No

Make your own decisions. Cred Forums is probably the only place worse than EH on average when it comes to fighting game shit.

Yes, actually. This is not an anime like Yugioh. You don't get some special honor points for refusing to counter pick something that is better for a certain situation. Most competitive games involve counter picking or using the best thing at the moment for the best results. Dota players don't use the same character over and over in every match, Magic players switch decks every few weeks, and basically any games with options is played better if you use those options.

please don't tell me what to do
I'm asking because I'm not sure

Never? Why would this irrelevant trashed be announced?

Play Super Street Fighter II Turbo if you've never played a fighting game before.

SFV is extremely easy to learn. You can be competent at it if you put even a little bit of effort at it. Just don't expect to be a top level player, or to win every game. You'll lose more than you win until you find your groove.

Because they fell for the Japanese samurai honor meme. That being said, does a significant amount of Japanese people play MvC anyway?

hmm, maybe I should
does anyone still play it?

And this gets conveniently ignored by everyone.

If you actually want to get into fighting games online then yeah, if you want it for single player it has an okay amount but not any that will really keep your attention after playing them once

What if someone just likes that character, man?

The only people still playing Super Turbo are guys that have been playing for 20 years. If you want a game that has new players still playing it, I guess SFV is the best choice right now, as KoF and Guilty Gear have a few too many mechanics for me to recommend them to absolute beginners.

>when you're just about to hit the next rank but then you just start losing 600points in a row and end the sessions filled with salt

>does a significant amount of Japanese people play MvC anyway?
I at least know that there were a decent amount of japs playing MvC3/UMvC3 around the year of it's release. Even big-name players like Daigo were going to MvC3 tournaments.

He is mid tier at best, he can do fun stuff with meter and has long range normals but they have lots of recovery.

Don't worry, I'll explain it simply. Concerning yourself with what you CANT DO, distracts you from what you Actually CAN DO.

Oh, well that's fine, but don't complain if you can't win with them, the same way you wouldn't complain about losing a tennis match if you play with the shitty racket your great great grandfather used. I mean, I use mid tiers and waifus in a lot of games, but that's mostly since I'm not that concerned with gaining honor for my homeland at evo like the pros are.

thanks for the replies, I think I've made a decision

>okay im gonna try to rank up by 1000 points today
>1 or 2 matches away from goal
>get memed by a laggy rashid/ryu/ken
>go on tilt and lose 5 matches in a row after that

pros:
lots of people to play with
execution is a lot easier than most fighters, and combos are more for optimization than necessity
ranked matchmaking puts you against people of your own skill generally, though you WILL get BTFO'd by someone once in a while

cons:
the game itself is kinda unfinished
not all characters are unlocked from the start
there's a capcom fighter network id that's seperate from steam ids, which makes inviting and adding people kind of a hassle
you can't rebind keyboard controls without editing an .inf file
does not recognize ps4 controllers, so you need a workaround software
no borderless window option, so you need a workaround software
no option to play with people in only your region
tutorials don't really teach you enough, and playing with cpus is a terrible way to learn
it costs 69.99 CAD for the base game, and 110 CAD for the game + expansion.

But I'm not american you dumb fucking shitstain.

Nemo plays

>Want to play ranked
>Die from anxiety just looking at the button

>tutorials don't really teach you enough
What? The tutorials in this game talk about so many things. What do they miss?

read this first you gigantic piece of shit.

>rashid
that's what happened just now. Slightly laggy, and then just turns into no fun where he's just jumping up and down up and down.

>Americans pride themselves on "honesty" and not "tier whoring,"
But they do the opposite

Doesn't that prove my point?

>I CAN'T use that character because he's cheap! I'm better than that!
>I CAN use this character because he's very honest and has no gimmicks
>W-WHY DO I KEEP LOSING TO THESE KOREANS!?

rude

but ok, I'll read it

No, the reason capcom was so hesitant to make MVC3 was because it was not as popular in Japan as it was in the US. MvC is fast as fuck and it promotes that Adhd/button mash kind of playstyle.

Simple button mashing gets you nowhere in MvC

this

evo was aids and the only hype set was between sonicfox and tekkenmaster

it's never "slightly laggy" for me. it's either
>silky smooth 10/10 no issues
or
>this ken was on the other side of the screen a half second ago then he teleported in front of me and grabbed me

>the game itself is kinda unfinished
This really isn't true any more. You can argue features could be improved but it is complete at this stage

>not all characters are unlocked from the start
You mean the characters released after launch? well yeah, you can also get them free with fm which with missions is actually somewhat doable now after single player money runs out

>it costs 69.99 CAD for the base game, and 110 CAD for the game + expansion.
No it doesn't, you can get the game pretty cheap now

what to expect of other players. i'd say that 70% of sf5 is good reads. which distance should you expect a fireball? what should you expect when playing grapplers, and how do you do mixups? when to throw a meaty, and which normals to you use to crossup/fake a crossup with? shit like that which you'd learn from a youtube video. skullgirls still probably has the best tutorial for a fighting game.

Half of that doesn't apply to me since I'd be getting it on PS4. As for the price, it's on sale on amazon for 50CAD which I can price match at BestBuy.

Sucks that it's unfinished though. Maybe I should wait for a definitive edition or something. Is that even gonna happen though?

So why is Mike Ross using Birdie?

If you get deluxe edition on psn it comes with season pass for cheap

Also it is finished now, even added those stage finishers

20 bucks at my walmart and I'm in the middle of nowhere.

What's the worst that could happen? You lose some points? You get called a fag waggle? Come on, be brave!

But those are the things that you should be learning from playing the game. Skullgirl's tutorial is good, yeah, but that doesn't mean the game has to tell you every single thing about your character.

he doesn't compete

It can get you farther than any other game. kek

Necallis outfit has a leather coat over his armor in one
Chun gets a fox fur looking neckpiece in the other

Are they choosing to take out animal furs for some reason?

I use whatever character I like. I don't look at gimmicks or cheapness. I mean I don't think any player really thinks like that? Certinatly not Mika players. TOP KEK

Were her tits always this big?

it feels unfinished, as in it feels like more characters will be added and i'd have to buy another expansion to get them right off the bat or grind them out. i really wanted to wait for an "ultra" or at least "arcade edition" version of sfv, but i caved.

also the price i'm referring to is steam price. i got it cheaper off gmg, but not by much.

probably not, i think they'll just release more characters. grinding enough in game credits takes a while.

in terms of learning fundamentals sf5 might be a good place to start, but i think it also might teach you to play a little too defensively. a good tip for beginners is to not get nervous or play too defensive if you're up against someone with a higher rank. just go in and play normally and you'll have a shot at winning.

>Are they choosing to take out animal furs for some reason?
Yes user, they are advertising that they are removing any animal products from the game. certainly not suggesting there is a hidden way to remove clothes which one guy found by accident already

But I just got my shiny silver medal I don't want to lose it ;_;

It's just a little thing they're doing with costumes now
They're doing the same thing with Alex's 3S costume, you can choose to have it with bomber jacket or without, like Urien's stuff

Going by that logic, just do what my mom does. She is literally undefeated in SFV because she never plays.

That hasn't been confirmed

i think there should be a good tutorial on spacing on generally what is safe or unsafe on block and that kind of thing. getting through bronze was fun, but everyone's gotta stop throwing sweeps and doing full combos against blocking opponents.

good to know, thanks

Sanford Kelly

>model was shown with and without bomber jacket
what else could it mean

Im LITERALLY playing as I type this.

They may just being showing off his full model, he doesn't have his scars there which is a weird thing to miss

Not saying it is impossible, but it hasn't been confirmed at all yet. We don't even know if any of these costume changes work like Urien, seeing as that one guy who accidentally got shirtless necalli got it in the second round that is at least a bit different

Post your obscure pick for season 2

Is there any other non Street Fighter fighting game where combos are just for damage optimization but not really necessary to win?

>gettins anxiety for playing against literal retards
The only one you can blame for losing online is yourself
What is the other person you play gonna do?
Wirth you a message over capcoms non exisinting chat?

Fuck i wish we had a message system in SFV.
I wanna send PS4 useres angry rants every time i meat one that plays on Mcdonalds wi-fi

Oro's turtle

>Ibuki
>Bad

youtube.com/watch?v=wVMgU5LLLgI

Best girl WHEN?

Let's get this out of the way:
>girl

Probably season 2, or you could just use a hack

Look how hard she needs to work to win. She needs meter and her v-trigger and a whole setup to even get as much damage as Ryu with a very easy combo.

little fighter 2?

i did not know i could do any of those combos with ryu holy SHIT

Divekick
Bushido Blade
Theoretically any game if you're REALLY good at blocking and can make sure your opponent doesn't combo you

>some pro Jap is good with her, so she's good!
Nigga, these people can make Zangief look good too.

All i see in this is how much more often ibuki has to guess correctly compared to ryu.

Ryu does some meteleress confirms and does the same damage she does with using meter and v-meter

>Combos not really necessary to win
There is literally zero fighting games where combos aren't important.

If the other person has combos and you don't then any mistake you make will result in you losing a chunk of HP, while any mistake they make is a lovetap by comparison.

Learn some fucking combos.

I agree learning some good punish combo is pretty important in SFV but other than that you can win perfectly fine without combos.

Ingrid is set to be released in Season 2 of SFV, either as the first or last character in that lineup.

That question in itself is kinda silly.

Since the person who has the better optimized damage will always win, if they dont play a lot dumber.

They need far less correct guesses to end a round.
So you have to mentally outplay them so much more often, to balance your lack of punishment damage.

Most fighting games do have combos. Some have easy execution though.
Most fighting games usually have 1 or 2 characters on their rooster that are easy to play execution wise.

Niggas, she's facing fucking TOKIDO himself, so yeah, I think that says much about the character.

So Season 1 gave us 2 SF2s, 1 SF4, and 3 SF3s. Do you think they'll keep focusing on bringing back 3S characters for the coming seasons or will it become a popularity contest?

Oro, Makoto, Necro when?

Any specific games you are interested in?

I always felt that soul calibur was more about poking wars / neutral game and the least combo intensive fighting game i played.

It only has real combos in wallsplat situations.
But even then some characters in that game sure dont have easy execution.

>other than that you can win perfectly fine without combos.
You don't need to have a combo video in your pocket for every match but if you don't have any combos then you're going to be at a disadvantage.

You won't have:
>Damage
>Knockdowns
>Setups
after every mistake the opponent makes if you don't have combos.

And any time you end up losing the life lead you have no comeback potential.

In short, learn some fucking combos.

you should watch more tourneys

DLC characters is literally a popularity contest.

You won't see any unpopular/unrequested characters as DLC because there's no money in that.

I can 95% say that Oro is guaranteed because he shows up in Dhalsims short story and is mentioned in Karins

In a tournament setting?

Or a casual match?

You cant assume 100% of his matches are played masterfully.
He is a human too, he has matches were he performs worse or doesnt give his best.

I bet he has lost to excellent zangief players once or twice, doesnt make the character not shit.

But you simply cannot win 100% of your matches. Even matchup charts acknowledge this, if it is a e.g an 8-2 matchup that still assumes that the shitty character ins about 20% of the matches.

In my experience the opponent goes more often for risky and unsafe plays the less you punish him evening out the field in that regard.

>tfw no remy dlc

The guy was able to fight toes to toes to Tokido (and even beat him more than he beats him), even in casual its something.

It shows that the character clearly has potential. She's not even topped yet. But yea, unless she has some tourney results, we can't say for sure. But I'm pretty sure she's not trash, at least.

He goes for more risky and unsafe plays because the worst he's going to eat is one hit instead of some actual damage.

Let's give an example to explain why a combo is important.
Both players have 1000 HP

>Person pushes offense all day
>Does something risky and it's blocked
>Person without combos hits the guy for 120
>Person pushing offense eventually breaks through the other guy's defense
>Knows a combo that does 300+
He wins in 3 correct guesses, loses in 8+

>Person pushing offense again
>Does something risky against someone who knows how to punish
>Eats 250-300+ damage in a punish combo
Wins in 3 correct guesses, loses in 3 wrong ones.

This is ignoring everything in neutral but if you don't have any combos you have to consistently do better for a lot longer.
And you have no comeback potential.

Abel is incredibly likely, they have his model in game though he isn't very popular cause of how bland he is personality wise
Same with Decrappy or another doll. All had moves but they were put in as target combos not real, animation is there though
C Viper is very likely, appeared in multiple stories
Oro is pretty likely, appeared in multiple as well

That leaves about two spaces (assuming it is 6), which at least one will be a new character. It is also the 20th anniversary of SF3 and 40th of SF1, which may gear how the do stuff to celebrate both

We already have Guile.

The only thing he is good for is his theme, so they just need to remake his stage

>Implying new DLC character wont be Megabyte

My guess for Season 2 would be (in no order):
Abel
Oro
C Viper
E Honda
Sagat
Eagle (unlikely, but it would make sense for SF1's 30th anniversary)

>E Honda
Its not going to happen.

I actually really want Makoto and Volcano Rosso

>E Honda
No Mike. The only thing that Honda has going for him in getting in is being a character from SF2

>Sagat
This is actually very likely, personally I don't really care about Sagat but a lot of people really love him

>Eagle (unlikely, but it would make sense for SF1's 30th anniversary)
Out of SF1 characters left they could add he'd be the most likely, especially cause we've seen him in cvs2 and that port of alpha 3 so they have something more to work off. Plus they can cash in on him being gay

Yes

Who cares about your waifus returning? We need more Final Fight

Is Urien a scrub friendly character? The priority on his moves seems ridiculous

hes charge so most people wont even consider it

Hes definitely the best DLC character though

EU lobby here if anybody wanna chill
settings: first to 2, select on
password: 9999

oh fuck
Name AWAKEN_MY_MASTER

suss

Garuda, game needs to add Akuma for this to happen though

Make it 8 person, my man.

Same game, Volcano Rosso.

Need me some more delinquent types outside of Cody.

Is the lobby still up? I can't find it