>NOT FOR HONOR
>NOT FOR POWER
>NOT FOR THE FUTURE
>NOT FOR LOVE
>NOT FOR PEACE

>ONLY FOR REVENGE

what went wrong, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=mgsv 4 maps&oq=mgsv 4 maps&aqs=chrome..69i57.1127j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=mgsv 4 maps cut
whatculture.com/gaming/metal-gear-solid-v-every-piece-of-cut-content-you-need-to-see?page=11
youtube.com/watch?v=iE7bU0ZxqPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He got revenge though.

Yeah, but I hate how hard the revenge subplot got derailed by vocal cord parasites, it's like the completely abandoned the tone of the trailers

>Yeah, but I hate how hard the revenge subplot got derailed by vocal cord parasites

How else was kojima going to explain the origins of foxdie

It's not a game, it's another sandbox copy without any purpose or reason to exist, that drops random cutscenes out of fucking nowhere

>what went wrong, Cred Forums?

A few things come to mind: at least 4 maps cut, FOB being a cash grab instead of a built in mechanic, Grade 15 in the game but nothing uses it, Chapters cut, Child soldiers cut and fucking battle gear

BUUT FOOOOOR YOUUUUU

>at least 4 maps cut
Source?

>Grade 15 in the game but nothing uses it
How is this a negative?
What do you want those weapons for?

Did he really have to?

It was a disease that targeted people based on their genes. It was made by a geneticist. You really don't have to explain much else to satisfy the non-autistic people.

Besides, it's kinda one of the dumbest plot points in MGS history and it completely ruined Skullface by making him into some guy who was just butthurt about English.

>BURNING WITH REVENGE
>Volgin is burning and wants revenge

really makes u think huh

>flaming whale
>moby dick
>all of that completely dropped because only 25% of the game was actually done.

You're the same kind of fag who would have complained about Raiden if you weren't underage and played MGS2 in 2001

Remember when Kojima said that with MGSV he would attempt a truly controversial game, and that if something went wrong, he would likely be ousted from Konami? Guess what happened. Guess why all that was cut.

>MEN WILL BECOME DEMONS
>giant protruding shrapnel that looks like horn
>"Kaz, I'm already a demon..."

Really makes you think...

>>at least 4 maps cut
>Source?
Spoonfeed yourself with google, it isn't hard you twelvie

>Chapters cut
>plural

The only thing we have is the Chapter 3 card, nothing else.
If it was cut, there would be some files left, some strings, some code, SOMETHING.

But no, the only thing left, is an image.

It wasn't cut, there was nothing in the first place.

Also, you have absolutely no sources on the game having more than one chapter.
Like 99% of the claims made in MGSV threads, the source is your ass.

I think kojima wanted to give the player the choice to shoot the children at the mine but konami said no

google.com/search?q=mgsv 4 maps&oq=mgsv 4 maps&aqs=chrome..69i57.1127j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=mgsv 4 maps cut

So, basically, the source is your own ass.

Revenge is a common motivator in human storylines.

MEN BECOME DEMONS*

*Men may or may not become demons

Your post is literally the first time I read about 4 maps being cut.

What's worse is that you say
>at least
My fucking sides.

People here are just outright lying for the sake of getting angrier at a game that was obviously to be nothing but pure garbage.

THE

DINEH

>All these people that didn't get it.

lol

A series that deglamorizes war also deglamorizes revenge, who would have thunk?

Sounds like Kojima wrote finally wrote a story so that the average MGS fan could understand it.
I mean, people unironically consider MGS3 the best, precisely because it's the most superficial story in the entire franchise, it has no depth, it's just an average action movie story.

You could try actually reading or typing correctly but that is clearly too difficult for you. The game files have 4 more maps to visit including Cyprus, Old mother base, Guantanamo bay and omega camp.

Kojima wanted to release an unfinished game to create a phantom pain in players.

Konami found out and said "FUCK THAT!" and tried to undermine Kojima to get the game finished. But they fucked up, and with so much money being funneled into the project they needed to just release it. They cobbled together what they could (more than Kojima wanted) and started contacting reviewers. They didn't want to risk any bad publicity for the early reviews so they did the bootcamp and worked with yes-journalists. Anyone that was worth their salt wouldn't get a review out until after the first two weeks.

Konami makes back some money and cuts their final tie to the gaming industry due to the Kojima fallout. Since they have no other valuable properties and since their higher-ups are Yakuza boys they choose instead to muscle into 'gambling'.

How about you provide a source to back up what you have obviously pulled out of your own ass.

*Scene depicting men becoming demons may or may not be cut

>NOT FOR THE FUTURE

Really makes you think.

>Konami makes back some money
Nigga, MGSV made more than twice it's budget in it's launch day.

NOT FOR HONOR

BUT FOR YOU

>really makes you think
>really makes you think
>really makes you think
>really makes you think

I don't know why people here hate Reddit so much and accuse them of memeing, when Cred Forumsedditors are hundreds of times more obnoxious.
Every single post contains an epic meme of epicness, you can't stop trying to force more ebin memes...
Why do people here hate Reddit so much, when it's basically Cred Forums, but less obnoxious?

Does that count the fox engine development?

Because we do know Konami wanted money enough that they sold an hour-long mission for $30.

Really makes you think

>Kojimadrones have spent ONE YEAR rolling in a puddle of their own tears

This is why MGSV will always be my GOTY.
One of the worst franchises ever, and by far, the worst fanbase to ever step on Cred Forums, dead.

Although this is already a pathetic display.
ONE YEAR of daily cries.

The MGS fanbase is the embodiment of a manchild.
Babies get tired of crying in minutes, Kojimacuckolds haven't in more than a year.

Completely deserved, very glad to see MGS die, and it's fanbase tearing their hearts out of pure anger, hope MG Survive sells good so that the franchise goes on as the barely alive zombie that it will be from now on.

What did he mean by this post?

Even if it does, MGSV made 180 million in 24 hours, they have Ground Zeroes' sales, and microtransaction money.
They made so much we now have that MG Survive scam coming in months.

Moby Dick was dropped right after the prologue, except for random references. What's the fucking point. The game doesn't even feature that much of a revenge

Not for honour... but for you

That's the 25% I was talking about. MSGV is shit after four hours.

Prologue is hardly 25% even if you just run through story missions alone

Set aside the fact that the game is unfinished, what hurt the game the most is plot points that were never really covered and left for the playing to decide about.
Thats one thing that pisses me off the most. MGSV was meant to be the final chapter, the definitive missing link, yet Kojima had to get all philosophical and shit all over the plot because he thinks hes such a deep and good writer.

DUDE WEED

whatculture.com/gaming/metal-gear-solid-v-every-piece-of-cut-content-you-need-to-see?page=11

>even if you just run through story missions alone
Oh that? Those are just padding until you quit the game out of boredom. There's only about four hours of game there that they stretch out for a hundred hours to satisfy autists.

>what went wrong, Cred Forums?

you didn't pay attention

Kojima was right, the MGS fanbase is comprised of a bunch of cretins who deserve a shitshow like MGS4

ITT: Villians who were actually in the right

They're memeing. Kojima uses superficial imagery and symbolism up the ass in mgs5. It's literally either nonsensical trash, or typical "I'm an edgy 16 year old and this is deep" shit... as usual.

Was he wrong?

>Someone makes a point
>Someone makes a counterpoint
>"yo, boy where's your proof"
>"google it. lul spoonfeeding"
>"googled it, didn't find anything"
>"lol ad hominem."
>"If you don't have proof, fuck off"
>"Here you go, bitch" *finally provides proof*

I guess (you)s must be a hell of a drug.

Mate it isn't my fault you can't be arsed to fucking google mgsv cut content, you're just lazy and braindead.

Not enough going full evil for revenge.

I'm not that guy.

I just don't know what's so hard about bookmarking shit you find to spread the word. I already have a collection on MSGV from when people were still making regular threads.

It's better than trying to take a random post at it's word.

Except he's repeatedly said, even after leaving Konami, that MGSV being a hollow, unfinished, and terribly written game was completely intentional.

Prove him wrong.

Protip: You can't

Cyprus is in there because it's the first level.

The old motherbase map is from the Ground Zeroes flashbacks, since they all happen in-engine, so that location needs to be there.

No idea about Guantanamo though.
I'm sure it's Camp Omega, but again, that's a very small map, so I doubt there was much to do there.

>he wanted to be an evil edgelord instead of venom
You must be at least 18 to post here

I thought people were saying Kojima was like Lucas, but at the same time, I see people complaining that he wasn't Lucas enough.

This guy did nothing wrong
1998 fags btfo

I wanted to like this game so much that I had, for a brief moment in time, convinced myself that its flaws were all meant to be an allegory for revenge. The fact that it lacked a plot was meant to symbolize that all else is pushed aside in the pursuit of vengeance. The fact that you weren't even playing as Big Boss was meant to convey that a desire for retribution warps you and your values until you're no longer even the same person. I thought the use of vocal cord parasites was meant to represent the breakdown of communication and reason which occurs when driven only by a lust for revenge.

Then I found out that they just plain cut the ending and with it all pretense of artistic integrity. Fuck MGS5.

>it's a Cred Forums gets btfo episode
>it ain't me starts playing
>mfw mommy has tendies for me too

Every single post contains an epic meme of epicness, you can't stop trying to force more ebin memes. Really makes you think.

Why would someone google what YOU want them to know. Why would I ever do anything for a faggot like (YOU)

Was it a parody of modern games?

Words that kill literally

Can someone explain why MGSV is only looked at as a total piece of unfinished garbage on Cred Forums, meanwhile everywhere else, from metacritic to steam love it?

I can't believe I delayed my suicide for that.

Not at all. Just some bullshit about how we're all Big Boss now.

going by actual info, at least two maps were cut.
one is return to camp omega that was at some point advertised by kojima, the second is the ep 51 island

>tfw half of the scenes from the Sins of the Father trailer never actually happened
WHY

I know in my heart of hearts that the simplest and most likely thing is the game just ducks intentionally, but a tiny part of me wants to believe it was bad on purpose. Lik what if Kojima's super controversial move was just intentionally making a shifty game that left you wishing there were more to it? Trying to feel for something that isn't there, like an actual phantom pain.

[spoilers]I know it's actually just shit, but it's fun to imagine[/spoilers]

CUT CONTENT

Actually, the scene of Venom soaked in blood and walking over the charred corpses then yelling was made just for that trailer, or at least thats what Kojima claimed in a Tweet last year.

Ultimate Metal Gear is REX

Reminder that both Afghan and African maps were full of soldiers just waiting for you to fuck up.

This is MGS5: the post.

>Ultimate Metal Gear

Do you need to play MGS3 before 4?

Y'all a bunch of fucking pussies.

Venom wouldn't be whining like this, shit man, how can you call yourselves Big Boss when you whine about it so much and for this long.

no he didnt

>hurr do i need to play the games of a story centered series in order
Yes, you fucking retard

Desu I have played it but it was long time ago and I dont feel like replaying it

Already did 1 + 2 and the original msx games, does 3 really matter that much to understand 4? I remember most of it but not everything

I guess I'm just annoyed that people don't go out of their way to find this shit, like it was the first result on google for mgsv cut content.

Venom wouldn't be saying anything at all, because Kojima cut 99% of all his voiced lines

Yes they did.

Well, Chapter 3 in MGS4 gives you a quick explanation of 3 and how it relates to 4.
But since you already played it, you'll probably get all the references anyway.

>it's not a game
fucking retard

All the scenes from all of the trailers are in the game. Some are in gameplay and not cutscenes. Thats the problem. Nothing changed between trailers in 2013 and release in 2015

MEGAMAN STREAM BY THE JOOST

This is how I tell someone has bad opinions. They talk about things cut from trailers

>there are people ITT who actually thought that Quiet was a good character

Like?

>This is how I tell someone has bad opinions
The concept of bad opinions is only brought by fat neckbeards, so that's irrelevant.
One of the symptoms of autism is not comprehending people have different opinions.
Besides, I didn't mention a single opinion.

>I posted a template for Quiet that means I think she's a good character

was it a simulation?

Are you the one saying they cut scenes from trailers or you the one defending they didnt? Because if youre in the first group, your opinions are objectively incorrect

> what went wrong
Kojima killed Hideo

Who would win in a fight between venom and naked snake?

solid

Probably because they want all women to be Quiet

I wished so much for the story to turn into a simulation ala MGS2 and retcon every other game into being a simulation that takes place after 2

lel it sounds cringy as hell
Something that some 14 years old edgelord would think off

No Tomokazu Fukushima.

>353374215
You don't deserve the (You)

Everything except the core gameplay went wrong, and even then they made some things wonkier than the fucking tech demo that was Ground Zeroes.

There are maybe 20 relevant story missions tops in the entire game, even less that have actual cutscenes.

Kojima was not joking anywhere near as much as he wanted to be when he said TPP would never release, because the TPP he "wanted" released would never happen.

Ground Zeroes was like 5 fucking missions all recycling the same area, but it was 5 fucking missions that all felt completely different in their tone and approach. Hell, think about it, there isn't a single mission like Intel Operative Rescue in the entirety of TPP. Infinite possibilities, 1% of them explored. TPP's got some incredible setups and good missions, don't get me wrong, but it's inexcusable for how long the game took to make.

None of this would have happened if they'd been honest about the game from the start, rather than make literally years of gameplay presentations/trailers and boldly stating "This is a mere fraction of what awaits you, this doesn't even SCRATCH THE SURFACE LOL"

You know what the most fucked thing is? In spite of the proportionately massive disappointment the game was, if Kojima had actually achieved his ambition and got the "Create-a-mission" game mode in, all would've been forgiven in time.

I've still put 500 hours into both games collectively over the last 2 years, but it pales in comparison to what was promised

But that's a question no one asked, it was self explanatory. Just like how no one asked how Big Boss survived MG1. People just attributed to NES-era videogame campy writing.

This game answered nothing important and focused on trivial shit no one cared about.

Nice headcanon fanfic, where can I read the rest?

well you´re trying to take vendetta on MGSV for not being perfect in all possible ways so technically you got what the game sold you. a lust for revenge.

really makes you think

if they abbreviated its to VCPs the game would be 30hours shorter

Plot shittiness aside the missions in this game were too repetitive

Go to this output, kill/extract this guy, rinse and repeat

I don't even think there's any punishment for extracting every single target, you'd think they're throw you a curve ball and have someone you extract kill people in your base or something to make you think twice about extracting every single target but they didn't even do that.

Also I don't even know what happens if you just kill every target instead of extracting them, I imagine nothing changes, kinda like how you can kill quiet and the story continues without any major changes.

>kinda like how you can kill quiet and the story continues without any major changes

Maybe because MGS is a linear game with a linear story.
The choice regarding Quiet, I don't even know why it's in the game.

is that a mod or can you develope these now in sp?

Konami told Kojimbo to cut the game short and it messed up the pacing of the story. The story bits that are in the game are all great. They're just not paced right and there are bits missing. Didn't let the guy finish the fucking thing and now it just doesn't feel complete. What a shame, if it was released a year later, it would probably be the best MGS game ever.

its only repetitive if you use the same tactics all the time.

It's in MP.

oh yeah, didn't thought about that

Now in singleplayer. FOB challenge rewards

>they didn't even punish you for collecting everything in the game
Well that's the stupidest criticism of MGSV I've ever heard. Good job

the most annoying thing about the game is how they constantly shove staff down your throat you dont even want to have

I regret ever connecting it to the internet now I cant have a staffless MB

>dude pseudoscience lmao
retard should've just let the mystery be

Should be for money or power.

>waste 5 years blowing the budget on licensed music, celebrity VAs, the engine, and making trailers instead of actually making the game
>act surprised when bossman doesn't appreciate this and pulls your plug

They didn't do it at launch, it's happening now because if you're not playing the game, your slowly losing staff through FOBs, but then if you want to come back to the game, you don't want to come back to an empty base. So they're just dripping the soldiers into the bases. Sorta works in lore, why wouldn't you have soldiers applying to join you? And you can always fire them if you want to.

I was expecting more missions like in GZ where you were in the helicopter, or that mission where you had to go around recreating scenes from older metal gear games.

It's not a stupid criticism, you just don't understand it.

Let's say you extract your target, the guy has a tracking device on him and his guys attack your base, kill your staff and destroy a bunch of resources. That kind of thing would make you think carefully about who you extract provided there's some kind of way of telling who's likely to go along peacefully and who's likely to fuck your shit up. As far as I can tell there's 0 benefit to killing any of the targets you're sent to kill or extract.

There's other ways to go about it to, you could extract a guy, he gives you false intel and you end up being ambushed. For a triple A title a lot of the options are incredibly one dimensional

>make your devs create a xbox 360 version of the game in the year 2015 since the birth of baby jesus
>act surprised when it takes forever to make the thing work
What the fuck was Konami thinking with the cross-gen release.

>It's not a stupid criticism, you just don't understand it.
No, it's you who can't understand that games like MGS shouldn't punish you for going after a certain playstyle.

>And you can always fire them if you want to
yes but as soon as I deploy for 0.004 seconds in teh field and return I get a message for 15 or 20 new recruits, all D trash and I have to fire them again.

I wish they would stop it its one of the reasons I stopped playing, I was getting really tired of firing 20+ staff after every mission or deploy.

the only staff I want is that I pick personally.

It's one of my best games this gen unironically desu

you can develop them in SP via event points exchange. but for unknown reasons, you don't get the tiddies physics from MP

Steam loves it because they don't have any of the other MGS games.

>he

"He" didn't get revenge. Kaz did. MGSV its a pointless story. It goes nowhere except for that nod to the original Metal Gear.

do FOB event and exchange points for blueprint
then you can develop it and use in sp
don't remember for how long it will be available tho

>Muh chapter 3

>deglamorizes revenge
When does that happen? It certainly isn't in the cringeworthy Tarantino scene where all the main characters strike edgy poses and take it in turns to shoot Skullface.

Fuck you. Shooting up Skull Face was one of the best scenes in the game.

How does it feel to be literally 14 years old?

@353387569
Feels great. Not my fault you can't ever enjoy anything.

>you will never hang out with Kiefer
fuck

>fucker wasted entire game budged on travel his waifu and food
>ruined the series
>left company that made him who he is
>jumped on sonys dick at the first opportunity
how people protect this shitface after what he did

Why is the map of this game so fucking generic and Boring?
I expected a lot of easter eggs, secret weapons, aread, random events... But no, thanks cuckjima

Who came up with KojiPro LA?

It's the worst kind of feeling, familia. Even Kojima still keeps in contact with Kiefer.

shit open world
shit lvl design
shit mother base
shit boss
unfinished story

>Big Kojima let the fame go to his head and ended up underneath Konami's thumb
>game finally comes out! is unfinished and garbage
>Kojima walks away
>Konami begins zombie survival with metal gear plastered on it
>MGS3 will never get FOX engine'd
>Naked Snake trapped in pachinko forever
Truly the darkest timeline.

>Actually wanting a remake of MGS3
But why? MG1 and MG2:SS remakes would be better.

I liked code talker's VA though.

He's pretty chill.

youtube.com/watch?v=iE7bU0ZxqPI

No it fucking wouldn't. The story is relatively simple and would be weird with better graphics.

I just want to see some follow-up to MGSV, man.

No, user has a legit plot.

MGS fans are retarded and needed a 4 hour long movie (MGS4) to explain the plot to them.

whats wrong with jumping on sonys dick? They are the best, unless you wanted him to get with fucking Nintendo, kek.

>MG2
>simple story
kill yourself, and its not like their stories couldn't be upgraded with better codec, and MGS-like scenes not like fucking twin snakes, of course

which Snake had the best interpretation of the Boss' will?

>Only MGS3 on the Fox Engine
Why not just have all of them?
I would gladly pay for them to be actually playable, especially MGS3.

You wanted them to develop no game until the dev kits for gen 8 came out. In which case we would be getting MGSV in...2019 or so

Everyone says Punished

What kind of book only has 2 chapters? Or even 3?

What kind of television series has 2 seasons? Or even 3?

what even was the Boss' will? nobody seems to be able to agree on what she was trying to say

U U
U U

everyone says solid snake

A shitty one

Turns out that it WAS for an ideology and honor

>people are still pretending mgsv 5 is a bad game

keep this up and all the newfags will fall for this meme just like the 'mgs4 is bad' one

If that amuses you then what do you think about Mass Effect fans that have done the same thing but for four years longer? Because MEfags "STILL MAD" makes me need insulin, the tears are too sweet, still to this day.

>there are people still using 5 instead of V

>5 has come to.

>m-m-m-muh gameplay
mgsvbabbies are retarded

MGSV is the best metal gear

but MGSV isn't a metal gear, it's a metal gear solid game user.
it was also probably your first mgs game.
go sandnigger somewhere else.