Nintendo announces an actual 3D Pokemon game(with gym/trainer battles, wild Pokemon and online trading) for the NX

>Nintendo announces an actual 3D Pokemon game(with gym/trainer battles, wild Pokemon and online trading) for the NX
What would your reaction be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=62ep8uK8nfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fX1zPuBG1Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=efpQWootg3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My reaction would be to post about it on /vp/.

The current Pokémon games are already 3D

Oh look, Nintendo finally isn't retarded anymore.

So another Stadium?

it will never happen tho

even if it did happen it would just be more work for less payoff

I'd be surprised since console pokémon games sell like shit compared to the handheld ones so I don't see how they'd want to use a higher budget for a smaller profit.

id wipe the crust off my penis and fold my fat back and actually masturbate for once in 10 years, then id tip my fedora and all will be right in the world as the glorious N will be back in relevancy.

Colosseum was better.

>pokemans
how can anyone play that for more than 2 games?

Even though they were shitty (content wise) when compared to previous games, an ''actual'' 3D Pokemon (X,Y,Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire) already exist user. and pokemon sun and moon seems to be a lot better than gen 6

The same way we shitpost here on the same threads over and over.

That's because console Pokemon games have always been spinoffs. If they made a game similar to the main series for consoles I think it would sell nearly as much as a Zelda, Smash, or Mario Kart.

Full 3D semi open world remake of the first games. Normies dislike the new pokemans, it's clear that they still remember the old ones evidenced by GO. Next step would be to make a game that appealed to normies and even had connection to GO.

We didn't even get Sun and Moon and you fuckers are already daydreaming about a NX game for fucks sake

Scoff and assume it would be a trash 1:1 port of the garbage that is modern pokemon.

It'd need to be some awesome quasi-stadium/XD/SNAP/traditional pokemon amalgam of all the shit i like + shit i didn't even know i liked until i hear about it for me to give a fuck. Even then it would probably still be babymode garbage with heals every 5 feet and 'fwienship!' with everyone you ever encounter.

Cool but where's the next Mystery Dungeon game?

I remember a lot of hype for this game specially when compared to the other 3DS one.
was it good?

>Normies dislike the new pokemans
>Each new game still sell million copies
Pick one.

It has a better roguelike gameplay as long as you don't expect an Explorers-tier perfect plot

Like Gale of Darkness but with more inspirations from the main games?

I like Pokemon so I'd be happy with that, as long as it isn't "LE EPIC POKEMON MMO!!!!"

manchilds ain't normies brah

Yeah, the people that downloaded because it was free on the applestore and already forget are clearly the same group of those that buy a game for a console

Normies only care about Gen1 and maybe 2, why do you think Go was successful around normies?

Yes
At the very least, it has the best gameplay out of all of the PMD games. Comparing it to others:
>hunger bar is back and goes down faster
>standard attacks do next to nothing in damage, forcing you to use moves
>pits you up against extremely high leveled Pokemon really early on, forcing you to learn to use items to win fights and explore a dungeon successfully
>has all existing Pokemon up through gen 6
>dungeons are shorter but harder
Its also got excellent music
>recruitment is no longer random
youtube.com/watch?v=62ep8uK8nfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fX1zPuBG1Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=efpQWootg3k
The story is also pretty great, but some people think it gets a little retarded at times. I think its fine, but post-game hurts the plot.
Its not perfect though.
>has a really slow start, and takes like 8 chapters before the plot gets moving and the game starts giving you freedom
That said, when it does get moving, it gets hype and keeps rolling strong up until the end.

>Pokémon
>Nintendo
?????

skepticism

>an actual 3D Pokemon game

Were you in a coma for the past 3 years?

I go right back to playing pokemmo or PRO.

they missed the mark, they'd just be taking the piss, they've lost the plot. It's too late.

If the NX is actually portable, you're missing the real potential here.

A Pokemon Go game that doesn't suck. NX plays the role of a fully functional Pokedex.

Plug it back in to the home mode and play your traditional 8 gyms + Elite Four game with the Pokemon you caught outside.

Id say they already did that last gen?

A normal pokemon game would not be suited to consoles. A key feature of the series is to trade and battle directly with friends which you can't really do on console. The only interactions you would have with other people would be online, which we had with Battle Revolution. The games are already 3d, would you really want to strip away the heart of the series for hd graphics? The only way a console rpg would work is if they changed the gameplay significantly, which is what they did with Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. If the NX is truly a hybrid of handheld and console though, it might work.

>recruitment is no longer random
I stopped playing because the recruitment was unsatisfying as fuck the first 2 DS games far outclass Super

"Oh cool, that would be a nice gift for my nephew".

Meh.

Seriously, just meh. We've already had fanmade Pokemon onlines, we've had 3D Pokemon games (Colosseum and XD), we've had 3D Pokemon games with online battles (Whatever the fuck that Wii game was), and we already have online trading for I believe every game since Diamond/Pearl?

Everybody has gotten all the features they particularly wanted from the Pokemon franchise earlier on in the game's lifecycle; combining them all wouldn't be all the interesting.

I don't understand why Pokemon fans want that game so badly; as soon as they put one out like that, all it'll signal is "We need money"

funny how it would work since NX is apparently handheld too seeing as there are no mothership pokemon games on home consoles

actual pokemon combat with combos between moves

being able to use shit like quick attack as an evade move

just being able to be anime levels of creative, its all i fucking want.

I really hated how evolution was handled. Since you can recruit one and only one of every pokemon, evolving them would be redundant. Why would I evolve Pikachu if I already recruited Raichu? I would just have 2 Raichus and I would lose the ability to play as Pikachu.

Meh. First off, not only would it be the what, 8th generation in the series? I don't even know the literal entry number it would be, there's so many fucking pokemon games before it that pretty much do the same thing that I can't be surprised by it (which would be further blunted by having to buy an NX and any peripherals it requires)

And unless you're a competitve pokemon player, battles online aren't fun. Enjoy getting your shit packed in by min/maxed pokemon picked from a very small pool of 'viable' choices. It'll never be that fun, wild-west "let's battle!" moment we all wished for as children.

It's hard to understand hype for anything pokemon. Fuck, how are fans of this series not burned out at this point?

I would be happy if they just ported Gale of Darkness to NX.

>3d pokemon game
>linear no exploration
>only some pokemon
>no day time/night time
>No pokemon companions
>No beauty pagent
>no sports colloseum
>neccesary in order to get some Stupid AF furry bait mon in the next 2d Pokemon

Nintendo literally makes the worse Pokemon games

>Nintendo announces an actual 3D Pokemon game(with gym/trainer battles, wild Pokemon and online trading) for the NX
Considering that Pokemon games are 3D since XY and that the NX will be half handheld, I'd say it's a given.

this pretty much.
I enjoyed playing competitive in 5th gen. then XY came out and I decided to play it casually, went to the online battles and all I found were mega blazikens, mega khangaskans and mega charizard Y. and actually invested some time in competitive but megas were broken as fuck and every single battle i had was against the same fucking pokemon over and over again.
At least in black and white 2 you could do a LOT of singleplayer stuff, but XY and even ORAS were barebones as fuck content-wise

my reaction would be to try to wake up because nintendo simply would never do something that actually makes sense and that would be easily successful. they only do things that make no sense and are low effort and gimmicky.

you convinced me, downloading now in freeshop.

I already moved to PS4.

>It's hard to understand hype for anything pokemon. Fuck, how are fans of this series not burned out at this point?

Because all the mainline games are consistent and solid, and they save any wild new ideas for spin offs, as opposed to experimenting on it like Paper Mario.

>they save any wild new ideas for spin offs
This is one thing I do like very much about the series, they certainly have remained a thread keeping me into it on the whole
>all the mainline games are consistent and solid
I don't however feel like this is a particularly good thing, or rather, not forever. The consistency in the series to me seems apparent, at the cost of coming off as 'samey'. I'm not even trying to stir up a big semantics argument here, I'm over here trying to continue liking these games but I just get bored for the most part.

I don't think I've ever gotten a straight answer when I ask people "So what would make you throw in the towel on the pokemon series?" sometimes I've heard "literally nothing" and that's unfortunate.

and it proves you might be right, lack of experimentation might be what keeps the fanbase together, personally that's not a positive thing to me though.

So... Pokemon X and Y?

Yeah, because I totally want a Sim card in my video game console.

>and it proves you might be right, lack of experimentation might be what keeps the fanbase together, personally that's not a positive thing to me though.

Well when you experiment, you're taking a gamble. Things can always turn out worse with significant change. Change in general is always going to alienate people. Even within Pokemon for fans of the different generations. If they really did shake the mainline games up, would people be forgiving if it wasn't up to par? Would people be willing to sacrifice a bit of consistency and polish for something new and different?

Mostly "why didn't they do this before".

It's the most obvious system seller in the world but apparently they know better.

Shit now I have to buy this console and defend it on the internet on the vague notion that this might happen

i grew out of pokemon, but i would love this.

Too bad they have self impossed restrictions based on arbitrary bullshit

>Pokémon was meant to be on handheld for muh local battles and training!

>make game on shoestring budget and sell 15 million copies

>make "OMG so reelishtic graffix" 3D game for consoles with multi-million-dollar development budget and sell 15 million copies (the same amount)

>"wow why didn't we do this before?"

GameFreak are lazy and greedy. Pretty obvious why they do what they do.

Give me an almost MMO type of pokemon game, let players choose starting locations of every region. I'd like to see other living players while in towns instead of an npc with 1 line of dialogue.

X/Y, ORAS and Sun/Moon are already 3D.

We already have that for 3ds.

Have fun user. I genuinely believe it to be the best thing to ever come out of Pokemon

Yeah I know, it's a business, and they've found the goose that lays the golden egg with the formula they've hit on.

At the very least there are spinoff games, but even then I wish they'd do just a bit more. Why we haven't had a 2nd pokemon snap or maybe, I don't know, a game totally dediated to beauty contests or something, I'm not sure. Or maybe I'm just being picky, I can't believe they did a DW x Pokemon crossover, come to think of it.