So, the moon literate anons among us, what is the verdict on P5? Anything interesting to tell us?

So, the moon literate anons among us, what is the verdict on P5? Anything interesting to tell us?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oJUk_yJCRNI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ01tUmiwQk
youtube.com/watch?v=9d8zBnbt8fA
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZkzOA6yIIU
siliconera.com/2016/09/30/persona-5-ships-550000-copies-celebrates-catherine-swimsuit-costumes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you romance Anne, Ryuji texts you later that night stating "Hey, I was trying to text Anne all day and she wouldn't respond. Have you seen her? Is she okay?"

As someone who isn't a fan of the series, it's pretty good though not fantastic or anything.

Gameplay-wise it's getting closer to SMT:
-fully designed dungeons that are actually pretty fun and probably the greatest amelioration compared to previous games.
-Actual SMT demons and not these shadow things
-Negotiation
-Guns
The gameplay overall feel very fast and smooth, getting back to another Persona after this could be painful.
For example if you know the weakness of a demon by typing R1 your character automatically choose an attack to hit it even choosing another demon if you need it.
You can also give your turn to another character if you downed an enemy for an added +strength bonus
Later on you get a coop that allow you to switch character on the fly allowing for a more tactical approach of the game and actual use of the benched character.

For the "Persona" type gameplay you now have 2 full free period by 2 days so the game feel a lot longer than 3 or 4
I'm not a fan of the cast I guess but I could say the same about 3 or 4, the only characters I ended up liking were Futaba and Mona, Ryuji especially is Junpei level of annoying.

The side coop in general felt better than the main, help that there is a lot of adults this time so no club bullshit.

In term of story I honestly thought the first chapter was the best as a self contained arc, but it's overall stronger than 3 and especially 4 though again for me that's not saying much.

Overall 3rd best jrpg of the year.

>For example if you know the weakness of a demon by typing R1 your character automatically choose an attack to hit it even choosing another demon if you need it

That was in SMT4

I guess yeah, SMT4 was so bland I forgot about it

>Overall 3rd best jrpg of the year.
first two being?

>3rd best

2nd and 1st would be?

Not cool, man.

>but muh puuuuuure maiden waifu
This is why people laugh at this series

Anne and Ryuji really deserve each other desu

Fantastic game.

How's the battle theme in Persona 5? Mass Destruction and Reach out to the Truth were fine but they sure did grate on me after the hundredth time I heard them.

Tales of Berseria and Ys8

I also did EOV, SMT 4 Final, SO5, Refrain and Setsuna in term of 2016 jrpg

Among these only SMT4 Final and Refrain weren't disappointing so I guess they would be 4th and 5th in whatever order (with Refrain having a better story and more unique things to it like the ability to destroy wall in the dungeons, etc... and Final having overall better gameplay)

Think battle theme is without any lyrics this time around

the ending sucks

BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY

>Golden hand appears

That better be a joke.

YES

youtube.com/watch?v=oJUk_yJCRNI
Judge by yourself

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ01tUmiwQk

YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT CUMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

>Gameplay-wise it's getting closer to SMT

You should play Persona 1 and 2 if you haven't already and want Persona games that feel like SMT games.

>In term of story I honestly thought the first chapter was the best as a self contained arc

I had the same feeling. I haven't gotten to the third one yet, I'm in that "watch 20 or so cutscenes before the next dungeon unlocks) period, but the second one, while good, didn't feel quite as compelling. With Kamoshida, the characters got pulled right into events and they all had personal reasons to hate Kamoshida and to do what they did. After that they just start looking for trouble because why the fuck not?

Kinda reminds me of Want to be close.

meh

It is, or it's an uninformed bit of erroneous information.

Dat boss theme, doe.

youtube.com/watch?v=9d8zBnbt8fA

>You should play Persona 1 and 2 if you haven't already and want Persona games that feel like SMT games.
Of course when I talk about Persona these days I talk about the "new"type of Persona, I already played 1 and 2s

And yeah the story only really felt compelling in the first arc, it also had actual tension

>preferring the dumb teenage lyrics

I'm not feeling this. I felt more engaged from the boss themes in Persona Q than this. This track feels it's missing something like an FOE theme that's lacking the "Showtime" effect.

The bosses in P5 are all pretty well produced so don't worry about being engaged

Reminder that Japanese fans hate Ryuji!

>it's a "Meguro hides lazy and mediocre jazz instrumentations behind unnecessary vocals" DLC

>THIS MEME again
It didn't work with Akihiko and Mitsuru. It didn't work with Chie and Yosuke. It didn't work with Shitari and Junpei.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZkzOA6yIIU

this battle theme is fucking terrible, holy fucking shit.

I hate Ryuji too

Also i hate the fact that people here are trying to pair him with An while Mona is the one being truly ntr-ed

Think about the cat, Cred Forums

Do the Japanese hate bros or something?

Your bro is Morgana, Ryuji is just a shithead DQN retard

And? they loved Yosuke, I would take their opinions with a grain of salt.

>Ryuji especially is Junpei level of annoying.
But Junpei is GOAT. Yosuke is the annoying cunt.

Ryuji represents everything japanese society hates. He's loud, he consatntly challegned authority, he constantly goes Adults REEEEEEEEEE and he's a dog looking for a bone. Imagine Junpei and Yosuke's more obnoxious traits but cranked up and the reaming factors about their characters being next to non existent.

Haven't played it myself, but talked with a friend who did.
>It's easily the best Persona game so far, but not too big of a deviation from P4.
>There's tons of stuff to do, compared to earlier games weather doesn't limit your Social Link activities as much.
>The game is long as fuck, took him over 100 hours to beat.
>Persona upgrades for party members is tied to social link completion again.
>Teacher is the most beneficial social link, letting you manage the time better. But levelling her up is also costly, and starting the link is a pain.
>Ryuji's social link rank 7 gives you skill which might insta-kill enemies, not giving you loot or EXP. It can trigger even if he's not in party.

Ys VIII really is GOTY.

Also talking about being a thief REALLY LOUD in public places and is surprised when people overheard them.
Or how he constantly goes LOOK HOW GREAT WE ARE THEY SHOULD PRAISE US FAR MORE, WE DO SO MANY GOOD THINGS SO WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT, etc...

Honestly I felt bad about comparing him to Junpei after writing this post, Junpei at least had a character arc and some good scenes.
Ryuji is pure shit

In any other year I wouldn't even try to argue otherwise but Berseria was so good too

>The game is long as fuck, took him over 100 hours to beat.

>I'm on June 10th
>55 hours

I don't even know how. I know that I don't have near native level fluency in Japanese or anything, but I still finished Persona 3 and 4 in around 100 hours. I think Persona 5 just has more dialogue than every other game in the series.

siliconera.com/2016/09/30/persona-5-ships-550000-copies-celebrates-catherine-swimsuit-costumes/

How mad are the P5 haters?

I dunno, I don't own a PS3 or PS4.

Besides, nowadays I mostly play on eroge. Why stay cucked by console games when you can go all the way on PC?

>>Ryuji's social link rank 7 gives you skill which might insta-kill enemies, not giving you loot or EXP. It can trigger even if he's not in party.

I'm honestly surprised by how much I like the cast. Ryuji was the first cut in terms of who I plan on investing time into co-oping, but even he seems okay. Morgana is far superior to Teddie. There have even been a few jokes revolving around Morgana that I actually laughed at, but most of the game luckily doesn't try to be that funny.
I also feel like the characters talk much more like actual young people than the previous games, possibly because it's set in Tokyo and has that whole metropolitan feel going on. It's also possible that the localizations for the previous games were just shit.

What are my chances of liking Ys8 if I thought Memories of Celceta was one of the most boring and generic games I've played, but liked Origin a lot? I haven't looked into it a lot but what I've seen looked frighteningly MoC-like.

Has even more talking than P4
Morgana is best husbando
Game is missing a month

>and starting the link is a pain.

Say what?

>Wait for an unavoidable cutscene in June
>Go talk to Mishima at night after that and call in a maid for fucking
>Watch cutscene
>Go talk to Kawakami at school the next time you're there
>Call her on weekends from the the cafe's phone for co-opping

That's all there is to it.

How was EOV disappointing?

>"Adol Christin....The mask..return it...to me!....Kill...you...Kill...KILL.KILL...,KILL....KILL...KILLL GURAHHHHHHHH!!!"

I didn't like Celceta either and though Falcom had lost it after Sen 2 and especially Tokyo fucking Xanadu
Honestly I really wasn't planning on playing Ys VIII anytime soon.

But it's really really good, seriously. I didn't meet anyone who didn't love it

Also I'm sure you'll "enjoy" Ryuji in the next few months game wise.
An advice would be to focus on the doctor first though, she sell some pretty good stuff including an accessory that give SP every turn, get her coop to level 7 asap

>best girl dressed as worst girl
What did Atlus mean by this?

I know Atlus will fuck up localization due to how bad they botched everything post Catherine.

Alright, I'll give it a shot soon, but I'm holding you personally responsible. Be ready.

I was working on the doctor because she's hot as fuck, but that's even better.

>There's tons of stuff to do, compared to earlier games weather doesn't limit your Social Link activities as much.

No but Morgana fucking telling you to go bed all the time sure does.
I mean Im not saying its Morganas fault, it's the game developers fault, but still.

By that logic it's not Yosuke's fault he chooses to act the way he dors, its the game devs fault for making him act that way.

It's mostly the linear start of the game I feel. At least during the uncovering of the third dungeon, I had most of the evenings to still do whatever I wanted.

That's a personality thing, not a gameplay design thing.

Even when Morgana temporarily leaves the party, you still have to go bed early. It isn't his fault.

Goro is best boy.

>best girl dressed as the guy who fucked the best girl

Crazy how well the costumes fit.

Don't know what you mean, Makoto is dressed as best girl

I'd like to know this, too. Is it disappointing compared to previous games, or is this just a case of you not liking dungeon crawlers that much? I remember hearing other people saying it basically felt like a lot was cut from the game, and that certain points make it feel like it started off a lot more ambitious but had to cut back for budget/whatever reasons.

It's actually pretty out of character for Morgana to tell you to just go to bed so often, for everything else he's the "We should put our all into it." type.

Easiest game in the series, extremely easy to break pretty early
Some of the most restricted customization in the series, the 2-name system just doesn't work and the races don't give enough difference to be relevant.
No world map, no ship, nothing to do except for dungeoning which wouldn't be bad if the game wasn't permanently in baby mode.

On the plus side there are more sudden adventure time than usual I guess which help against the monotony of one shotting every mobs including FOEs and even bosses.
Enjoy destroying the final boss in 3 turn without even trying

teacher coop let you actual do stuff when you are tired by paying her to come and do you a massage at level 10

That's true, yes.

>teacher coop let you actual do stuff when you are tired by paying her to come and do you a massage at level 10

Thats only when you do a dungeon or Momentos.
That isn't for story days where your character is all tuckered out from...talking.
The teachers REAL worth is actually making coffee for you.

and washing your clothes
but yeah you are right

neety neety

i refuse to believe that she's actually a neet

It's a great game. Been such a while since I spent 90 hours on a game and felt like playing it again.

So many best girls. I like the doctor best.

Fortune teller is a bit better than Sensei because she gives you a free big boost to your Coop progress without taking time. For the most part you don't need any of the stuff sensei can do for you for free (in terms of time). The coffee is nice but you get full SP recovery carrots later from Haru which is more than plenty.

Goro is trash. He's basically just Light if Light actually became a cop, what a boring character. Also I can't believe they are doing the "high school prodigy detective" shit again, imagine how shitty your Japan must be to have not 1 but TWO high school kids being called by real police to help them solve cases.

she is not in education, employment, or training, so she is a neet.
i don't know the real details but she dropped out of school after something mysterious and bad happened (that's actually just a plot detail, I know what the event was).
but i don't know when it was, and she got better in the course of the game and plans on going to highschool, although i don't know if that's allowed in japan based on not knowing when she dropped out

>The coffee is nice but you get full SP recovery carrots later from Haru which is more than plenty.

You only have enough time to get like...4 of them. And you can't use them in battle.

You can use them in battle and you have enough time to get about 20 of them.

They don't exist

You either like Persona or you just don't really care about it

>Celebrating by unlocking on-disc DLC

Great, thanks. I bet a lot of effort went into that.

Making unlock codes takes a lot of time.