youtube.com/watch?v=toSghwtbHzM
lmgtfy.com/?q=inflation over time
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800995265
discord.gg/gJ5AW
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>still playing brown cover shooter: the series
This site is 18+

It's mostly gray though.

Exactly, which is why he's welcome here. Fucking weeb faggot.

>brown
it has color now
youtube.com/watch?v=toSghwtbHzM 11:00

Halo 5 is 90
Microsoft has gone crazy

whatever happened to level design?
everything in this video looks boring as fuck

I hope there's xbox pc crossplay, so the multiplayer doesn't die in a month.

its just the prologue

There is this new meme going around to not compress audio because autist get upset that they spent bocou bucks on hardware for audio and the game sounds like shit

Halo 5 though is because they have like 6 fucking trillion wireframe models that they individually load

You're a big game

No it isn't.

On PC?

For you

Blu Ray must have been a god send for Microsoft

Someone explain to me where all the memory goes, because these games barely look better than those 20GB games of yesteryear.

Its what happens when you don't compress anything

why wouldn't they do that?

is DRM at play?

To make people buy 1tb hdds

Diminishing returns. The difference between 480p and 720p is extremely easy to notice, but going from 720p to 1080p is much less noticeable. Anything past 1080p is practically placebo outside of screens past 70 inches. It wastes massive amounts of space without actually making it look much better. They're trying to make every 1080p game look as good as possible, which means it takes 10 times as much space for a 10% improvement in visual fidelity.

>Anything past 1080p is practically placebo outside of screens past 70 inches
You're so full of shit

GOD that level design is weird and boring as fuck.

funny how gow2 and 3 opened everything up and here they are locking everything down again.

damn ue4 looks gorgeous.

i'd buy the game just to play it on the graphics alone

so is ur mum

I'm still trying to decide if it's worth getting the digital or physical version of the game.

So are they going to give you 2 discs in the physical xbox version or will they make you download a 20+GB patch?

>going from 720p to 1080p is much less noticeable
are you blind?

720p last gen games looked aweful and even current gen 768p games like quantum break looked equally bad nigguh

Must be from those amazing Unreal Engine graphics

>74 FUCKING GB WHAT THE FUCK
>74

Jewish = 74

What is it with Microsoft developed games? It's like they are trying to sabotage their exclusives on purpose.

Can I play this and enjoy the story if I havent played 2 and 3?

ue4 is a awesome engine.

lazy devs gonna be lazy nigger

holy fuck this game has some truely last gen assets

textures are the worst literally look the same as gow3 or worse

It's true whether you pretend otherwise or not. People can't honestly see a serious difference between 1080p and 4K on a screen under something around 70 inches, the difference simply isn't big enough. Yeah, you might be able to say "That guy's hair looked slightly more detailed in one scene!", but for reasonable and actual purposes the differences are so minimal that nobody is going to actually notice them in a capacity where it changes the enjoyment of the media. It's like drinking a mix of 50% orange juice and 50% vodka vs a mix of 49% orange juice and 51% vodka, the difference is there and some extreme artists might find the difference if they obsess hard enough over it, but for all realistic purposes it doesn't matter.

Learn to read. Are you seriously arguing that the difference between 720 and 1080 is the same as the difference between 480 and 720?

You couldn't enjoy it even if you HAD played the other games. It's simply not good enough.

The second and third games are super colorful, or did you not play them?

Why the fuck is 70 fucking bucks? what the fuck man, not even console games are that expensive

That's already been confirmed. Multiplayer will live.

>he didn't do the the amazon gpu exploit to get it for free

kek

How about you not be fucking poor?

where have you been the past 3 years?

Does that still work? I was too scared to do it originally.

Stop falling for UE sales propaganda. None of the games on that shit series ever look good, and some highly controlled render of a single character is not the same as an actual game with everything in play.

How?

Not really considering they backed HD-DVDs early on.

>bocou

Oh my fucking god it's beaucoup you immense shitter.

Any Refrigeration Engineers in vidya?

>holy fuck this game has some truely last gen assets

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

no

the first 11 min dont look good but the two locations after that look really good, also thats the xbonigger version

You order a gpu from amazon that gives you gears of war 4 for free with it. They email you the code for gears 4 in a few minutes, then you cancel the order for the gpu.

I have no idea if it still works though. This was like a week ago so they might have stopped emailing the codes now. Feel free to try though.

>plays even smoother than the older games
>AND is in 60 fps
>Not good enough

People like you are retarded.

Games on the NES often cost over $60, and even the N64 had games at $70+. That's before inflation, which shows that NES games generally cost over $100 of today's money, and it's almost as bad with N64 games as well.

A $70 game today is a hell of a lot cheaper than a $60 NES game, and the budget is in the millions instead of the thousands.

Custom matches crossplay only. It'll do amazing on Xbox.

Are you implying that smooth gameplay, graphics, and framerate are what makes a game good?

What happened to the days where gameplay quality mattered? Framerate doesn't mean shit as long as the game runs without stuttering, and while a pretty game looks nice that doesn't make it fun.

Horde mode / co-op campaign is crossplay only

Competitive multiplayer is not crossplay

Holy shit horde mode is back? That's all I need

Accurate as fuck

>Blurry DoF
>Those fence posts
>That piece of concrete
>The gold lining

That's supposed to look really good to you?
That looks like the xbox 360.

gears of war is the literally the most boring shooter that has ever existed

A NES game also had circuits and a battery and it was a niche product.

If the game is can be downloaded there is no excuse it to be $60.

It´s still way to fucking expensive for a videogame. Especially with all the paid DLCs and other things to steal my schekles.

>mfw actually worked
I was planning on getting it anyway but free is always good.

>there is no excuse it to be $60.

Do you know how expensive modern AAA games are to make?

The hell are you talking about?
Every Gears game has had the same gameplay since day one, but each sequel refines it and makes it play better. If you didn't like the gameplay in Gears 1 you're not gonna like it in Gears 4.

>all that shit by (you)
Nigga, all basic editions without pre order bonus extra shenanigans cost 60 at most where I live, now this shit costs 70 for no reason and I'm talking about the standard edition here, the extra edition costs 100

Sure, they are cheaper than ever to make. The budget goes into the millions because of marketing.

>guys. your eyes can only see at 30 fps anyways. you can't even tell the difference

>guys. you can't tell the difference between 1080 and 4k.

When will it end?

Yep crossbuy title

It costs millions of dollars to make modern AAA games, senpai. The NES had to pay for circuits and a battery, but they profited off of the game after a few hundred or thousand sales. A game as big as Gears of War needs to sell hundreds of thousands or even millions of copies to profit. You aren't paying for the disc, you're paying for the massively expensive-to-make content that a company spent years and tons of resources crafting.

$70 is completely fair for a GOOD game. Now, this game might end up as shit, but it is not logical that the gaming industry is one of the only things that never sees inflation even after decades.

The console is the DRM. Multiple articles of this on gamers nexus.

not expensive at all actually if they would cut costs for marketing by 90%

74gb for that 4k goodness.
Xbox version is 20gb smaller.

Honestly, I just kinda' want to play through the old GOW trilogy on PC. It was fun as fuck on my 360, and the first one on PC was great.

I could totally look to relive that.

That's the prologue with locations from the first game

This will explain everything for you pleb:
lmgtfy.com/?q=inflation over time

That's so game has more gb than review score

>Xbox version is 20gb smaller.
I FUCKING WISH
The website says the game is 70-80gb

I took a look at the combos and shit on newegg
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800995265
and it looks like it's a physical code as opposed to a digital one. Is this because it's newegg and amazon sends it to you via email instead of physically? Newegg directly mentioned that GOW is bundled with the card as opposed to Amazon not saying shit.

You're completely ignoring the fact that anti-aliasing isn't needed on 4k displays. That's a pretty significant difference

They use bluray now

As far as I know it only worked through amazon since they emailed the code. But this was a week ago so they might have changed it too since a lot of people were exploiting it.

Probably it's a couple of years in the future from the last one. The only thing you need to know is that the protagonist is the son of the protagonist from the first trilogy.

It's all those 4K Scorpio-ready textures

lol

Shit fidelity so they can hit that 1080p 30fps sweet spot.

That's not significant enough to warrant the file size tripling (if not more), the cost of game production going up tremendously (high quality textures don't make themselves) and the costs of devices, discs, and displays all capable of running 4k content.

explains literally 0

you are so jaded, its beyond believe.

Its 52gb. You can preload now. I have 52gb of Gears 4 on my xbox right now.

Whats with all these people trying to pass off bad information on Cred Forums?

I haven't preloaded it yet, so I got my info from the gears website itself

Not my problem M$ cant make a game on a reasonable budget.

I could be blind, but where is the my library function in Windows store?

click on your profile pic daft cunt

How could I miss such an intuitive option.

t. sonycuck

The Xbone version is exactly 52GB, while the Windows 10 version is 73GB. They just say 80GB as a recommended size to have.

Preload when?

>It's another knee high cover shooter
>It's another TPS where the AI you have on your side is blatantly retarded and do no damage
>It's another unoptimized, uncompressed FLAC audio file every language game
>It's another windows store only game

I can see this flopping.

Was there any advertising on their cards that the game came bundled? Because currently none of the cards say anything about any sort of bundle.

The only reason the game is so big is because I wants most anons with a 500gb HD to spend money and upgrade.

>this site is 18+

Then why the fuck are you here? mods???

The Windows store don't even max out my 50/50 connection.

That literally is an Xbox 360 screenshot, he's showing you how bad the old games look now.

>I only play mature games for mature gamers like myself.

>completely ignoring everything he wrote and then bringing in fps to try to make you sound better

Microsoft doesn't make and HDD's or SSD's. What product would the customer too that would benefit Microsoft?

Surprise, games have evolved since 2002 and aren't 5GB.

Modern physics, loads of audio files, modern graphics and the amount of content causes games nowadays to be bigger.

wtf i hates gears now

It's not like anybody should care about this sjw shitfest in the First place

I played through the beta for the gold guns but idk if I even wanna play it now since I wanna do cod 4 remastered/IW. Plus no gold gnasher's pretty lame

Oh wow, who could have guessed, the anti "weebshit" posters are the same ones that love cinematic chest-high cover third person shooters.

Official Cred Forums Gears Discord server

discord.gg/gJ5AW

For both Xbox and PC players, come join us and discuss the game and play Ultimate Edition to get ready for 4.

What exactly is wrong with this game? It's going back to gameplay similar to Gears 3, instead of The garbage fire that was Judgement.

I just got baited didn't I?

he posts anime reaction images, just ignore the fag