What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NWdpqT8enwo
youtu.be/rcvp-T-JiGA
youtu.be/9b4pF8wTzWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what went right: everything
what went wrong: faggot architexture means I can't archive all dem hot games FUCK

The good
>Rare games
>Mario
>Zelda

The bad
>Hardly any 3rd party
>Restrictive technology

The ugly
>17 FPS

>hardly any 3rd party
??

really good games for kids and i was a kid so i loved it

Not much at the time tbqh. It's easy now to look and go "well the n64 is clearly better for 3d games than the ps1 and did more", but yeah nindoomed.

>>Hardly any 3rd party
???

Fucking kek

Tbf, only one is actually hardly any 3rd party games.

>17 FPS

welcome to 5th generation 3D games

It went right into the trash boy

good games
and memorable games
iconic music and characters

Games were made to be the best, not a casual honeypot.

You forgot a lot of good. Donkey kong, banjo kazooie, kirby.

Is this news to you or something? The only Nintendo console with worse 3rd party support (that weren't stillbirths like the 64DD or the virtual boy) was the Wii U.

>there are people on this board who haven't played Jet Force Gemini

Those are all terrible games if you're not five years old.

He said Rare games.

DK64 is shit tho anyways.

>DK64 is shit tho anyways.

It's a legit underrated game these days

It's just outclassed by the two Banjo games and is really bogged down by its overabundance of collectibles which can only be picked up by specific characters, repeated boss battles, and the endgame being locked behind arcade games.

Doom 64

mario 64
goldeneye
oot

Bomberman hero, megaman legends. Stop trying to be a contrarian.

...what? I just said DK64 was shit, what do those games have anything to do with that?

Fuck I have to be super specific with you. You're like a woman,

You were discounting the rare ware games I mentioned so I mentioned other games not made by them.

great library of games that pushed the mold and brought gaming into the third dimension

Good controller that utilized Dpad AND an analog stick

great loading times

Sin and Punishment

>the endgame being locked behind arcade games.

How do you think I know you're a casual?

Nothing.

I only played multiplayer cause it was my friend's game. It was pretty cool
all dat alien blood was hardcore when I was 9

He means "hardly any" is equivalent to saying "basically none", so the original post would be implying there are basically no bad 3rd party games.

Sony: huge quantity of 7/10 multiplats
Nintendo: tiny quantity of 10/10 exclusives

literally nothing has changed

orignal games

Okay, let's go back to the beginning.

The first post listed N64 games, including Rare games under Good.

The second post, presumably you, said he 'forgot a lot of good', and you listed Donkey Kong and Banjo Kazooie, which falls under Rare games, which he already listed as being good.

The third post, me, pointed out that he already called Rare games good, but I voiced my opinion that DK64 specifically is shit.

So uhhh....

????????????

>the sega saturn managed to sell more units than the n64 in japan

more like what went wrong, this console was the beginning of the downfall for nintendo.

At least the N64 managed to sell units outside of Japan

So uhhhhhhh

Other games were listed not made by rare since you were so quick to jump on my ass about it.

I don't know how to make this any clearer for you woman.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Post N64 hidden gems

youtu.be/NWdpqT8enwo
youtu.be/rcvp-T-JiGA
youtu.be/9b4pF8wTzWc

he means it wasn't overflowing with shovelware like the PSOne, and to him that is somehow a drawback.

I guess two bombs weren't enough.

Are you that fuckin stupid?

Cartridges restricted data, when cutscenes and voice acting were the new hot thing.
The price of cartridges made production more expensive.
The licensing fees were more expensive, I believe it was 15 vs 10 dollars for PS.
Which all lead to the price of the games themselves being more expensive.
Nintendo was more restrictive in the type of content they would allow on their system, in the early days that is.

Barely

>tfw no Custom Robo VR game
>tfw its pretty much dead forever like F-Zero or Golden Sun

It was a good console, theoretically wise, but had no (good) games unfortunately.

FPS
To be fair, even modern consoles struggle with this.

The only games I even remember playing on it were OoT, SM64, Mischief Makers, and Conker.

This meme that the N64 was a commercial flop really needs to die.

No console that sells 33 million fucking units is a flop. That's like 10 million more than any 6th gen console that wasn't called the PS2.

Saturn had JRPGs that were very popular at the time, N64 had none

>Saturn had JRPGs that were very popular at the time

Like what? Panzer Dragoon Saga that had like 10k copies manufactured? You call that very popular?

JRPG is a trash genre btw.

Look up how much market share Nintendo lost to sony

That was still a stupid decision.

Is Cred Forums finally mature enough to admit the PS1 had a better selection of games?

Nah Saturn was better

No one who isn't drowning on nostalgia would think otherwise.

The what? You mean the 32x?

You know what I mean. Dumb animeposter

You apparently don't know what I mean, so I will spell it out for you.

Nobody cares about the Saturn because Sega is retarded and shot themselves in the face trying to beat everybody to 32 bit.

I care.

Strong lineup of launch titles.
Too bad about the post-launch support. All them accessories and they were entirely fucking worthless.

I also wish devs got a little less ambitious with some games. Not everything needed to be a full 3D massive sprawling game. The few JRPGs we got were the fuckin tits. I would pay good money for a hybrid heaven remake with properly developed superior limb based combat instead of just having left leg for zantetsuken kicks and right arm for breaker blow.

>muh market share

It's about profit. Ferrari don't care Toyota has a thousand time larger market share.

Yeah you clearly don't know shit

Simple times where it was easy to please a audience.

If it was released in todays age it would have most likely failed.

did any other mario party ever pick up that mode where you go around recruiting characters to battle each other with?

That was my favorite mode, and is the reason for why this is my favorite mario party

those collectibles were so brutal, took me when i was a kid like 60 hours to find all the tribals and not accidentally kill them in the process as well as find most of the multiplayer goodies (though not all)

great game, if the gamecube version is any indication, the game is probably better when you don't know what the kids are saying.

The most recent one, I guess.

Thank god for Rare Replay

Sony: huge quantity of shovelware, huge quantity of multiplats, fair quantity of exclusives

Nintendo: some quantity of shovelware, huge quantity of nothing, fair quantity of exclusives

Fixed that for you

Although the N64 had a fair share of duff multi-plats (Gex for example), there were a number of multi-plats that were so gimp on PS1 that they weren't worth playing, like Shadow Man or Rayman 2.

The N64 versions of those games were actually pretty good.

Right so tldr both systems are equally good and equally shitty

>like Shadow Man or Rayman 2.

the dreamcast version was the best version so thats irrelevant

The existence of a superior version, doesn't make a perfectly decent different version obsolete.

Unless you have autism.

nice backpedaling

Never said it was the best version, friend :^)
Just that they weren't totally gimp like on PS1

Trash genre indeed, but the japanese like this.
To be honest, 3d platformer is also a trash genre.

>The N64 versions of those games were actually pretty good.
>The existence of a superior version, doesn't make a perfectly decent different version obsolete.

backpedaling faggot kys

what isn't a trash genre to you people

Racing. Which both consoles had amazing games.
Ridge Racer 64 and Daytona 4lyfe.

The PS1 version weren't decent or good though

>Ridge Racer 64

Literally inferior to Ridge Racer Type 4 on PS1.

Most of the GOOD PS1/N64 multiplats were better on the PS1 though. Quake 2, Megaman Legends, RRT4, Vigilante 8, Mortal Kombat Trilogy and particularly Wipeout were all superior on PS1.

Also Harvest Moon. The Ps1 Harvest Moon Back to Nature remains the best in the series to date.

>Ridge Racer 64
>Literally inferior to Ridge Racer Type 4 on PS1.
Not even remotely the same game. I can't believe you listed it as a multi-plat. Holy shit.

>Most of the GOOD PS1/N64 multiplats
Are you actually trying to say Rayman 2 and Shadow Man aren't good? Top lel

>Quake 2
Nah, I'll take original levels and soundtrack over gimped PC levels. And holy fuck, the dithering in this version.

>Vigilante 8
Depends whether you think the CD audio is better than the cool MIDI remixes on N64. The latter is surprisingly good.

>Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Honestly, 4 is better than this and the better version of 4 is on N64.

>Wipeout
This isn't a port either.

Rayman 1 is a far better game than 2.

>Mortal Kombat 4
>better than ANYTHING

lol