Current year

>current year
>still no video game with powerful females*

What went wrong?

Powerful as in leadership as well as in maturity, emotional stability, purpose and actual power. Jaina (for example) is certainly powerful, but acts like a 12 year old.

you can make a powerful female in dark souls

Because that's an even bigger fantasy than any story ever written.

Women cannot lead.

>mirror's edge didnt happen

How many times do you intend to make the same bait?

Come on Cred Forums it's THE CURRENT YEAR

>Bitches don't know about battletoads and dark queen

Because in todays world, strong independent women either means bitchy prudes or crazy sluts. No in between.

So why would games reflect the ideal strong independent female that doesn't exist?

Parasite Eve was 50 years ago. Resident Evil was too. Metroid is even older. The real question is why OP slurps so much semen.

Says who?

After the horrible sequel, I think it's better to pretend the series never did.

>200 pound purple haired feminists have infested game studios
>feminists believe strong women are "dudes with tits"

Expect more garbage like pic related before this meme finally dies out with liberalism.

Because video games are fantasies. Shouldn't they at least try to set an ideal we can (or women) can aspire too?

You're not allowed to make female characters that are human, with flaws, strengths, quirks and shit because that's sexist.

I think the first problem would be that there are still no real good examples of powerful females IRL

The target audience of most AAA games is younger males. They therefor exaggerate the notion that men are the world changers and strong, courageous ones in life while women are either weak nobodies, or shady bitches/whores that you can never trust. While not 100% true obviously, when they're going for believable world's to immerse the player in, that's the route they take.

>Implying dudes with tits aren't the best solution to putting women in roles

Ripley is the perfect example of how gender should be portrayed in a setting where it legitimately isn't important.

>powerful females
>leadership as well as in maturity, emotional stability, purpose and actual power
Why would there be any in videogames when even real life fails to provide even one?

>woman
>leadership

Pick one.

>Jaina (for example) is certainly powerful, but acts like a 12 year old.
Literally the only Alliance leader with any sense.
Nuke the horde!

The loud SJWs are still getting libarts degrees instead of doing anything gamedev related.

Instead it's plaid-wearing nu-males inserting black people into all their games.

Ripley had no tits, she was just a woman who was competent enough to survive. What we're getting in modern games are radfem caricatures of what they believe women should be.

Women are incapable of writing true strong women and males are unfit by virtue that they are males (even though they can and have written better female characters than females).

So who should do it?

faith is even more boring than your generic bald military guy

Fucking this

This retarded fad is going to ruin liberalism for decades, this is what happens when fuckwits push things to the extreme

I want to play a Girl Simulator game. Seriously. Let's have some random indie dev make it.
You'll have to coast by on your looks and never be taken seriously.

Monkeys with typewriters

Horizon Zero Dawn you fucking mongoloid.
doesn't really matter because the design for the main character is so bland and mediocre anyway and the game will probably be garbage.
huh, really makes you think...

>Powerful as in leadership as well as in maturity, emotional stability, purpose and actual power.
I'm going to ignore the fact that 'powerful as in actual power' is a meaningless statement and simple point out that The Boss - MGS3, most characters from Touhou, every female in modern XCOM, the protagonist of They Bleed Pixels, the female characters from the Streets of Rage and Golden Axe games, Lara Croft pre-reboot, the protagonist of Planet Diver, Zelda, Samus, the protagonist of PN03, Ripley from Alien Resurrection, Gruntilda, Peach, the Powerpuff Girls, Lizzie from Rampage, Darci from Urban Chaos, Loren from Loren the Amazon Princess, and the messenger of justice all exist, and I haven't even finished looking through the games currently on my hard drive.

yeah this

the only female characters that are allowed are humorless 20 year old girls with no personality besides 'independent'

there will never be a female character like wario

A powerful female is also known as a sex object because she pulls all the strings

You don't look hard enough

Meant Alien Isolation, not Resurrection, please forgive me.

>Because video games are fantasies. Shouldn't they at least try to set an ideal we can (or women) can aspire too?
When they do that they just get accused of making the woman basically a man with boobs. There is no pleasing these people so why even try?

Bayonetta

>So who should do it?

Have a moderately competent gay guy write all of the characters, complete with romances, then change half of the male characters into women with only the slightest adjustments to account for that fact.

Are you the same Bridget poster as the one in Cred Forums?

Has such a woman ever existed?
I think the problem is just that authors dont have an example in which to inspire themselves.
Just putting a man attitude into a woman would be cheating and seen as patriarchy

>Using Anya as an example
>Not the cunt from Ass Creed: Syndicate
>Not the fat hacker bitch from Watch Dogs 2
> Not even the Horizon: Zero Dawn chick

Anya did like 3 things in Gears 3 and one of those things was to make babies with Marcus.

god I fucking hate artsy women
they think they're all deep and """creative""" when all they do is paint flowers and naked women.
like fuck, you really think you have the privilege to say you're creative and the audacity to say women are overall more creative than men?
fuck off, I'll compare your mediocre painting of a girl sitting down and holding a flower to a randomly selected frame from End of Evangelion, and the guy who did that was just kinda winging it really, you draw a flower and think so high of yourself.
I fucking hate women in art, hate em, but there are still some very few exceptions.

>Has such a woman ever existed?

Ching Shih, Chinese pirate queen in the early 19th century.

those fucking tits are fuckingannoying

So just give this idea to bioware.
It seems like it would make a good rpg

There is no such thing as a powerful female, they're all weak cunts in both body and spirit.

I guess I'll keep going for one more post.

Most females in most fighting games, the Asian hollow child from Binary Domain, the girld from Bioshock 2, the girl from Bioshock Infinite, the girl from Bulletstorm, the girl from Croixleur, all the girls from Shinovi VS, Malik from Human Revolution, Lightning from FFXIII, most women from Huniepop, most women from Neptunia, Catwoman from Arkham City, all the females from Jet Set Radio, most female characters from Mass Effect trology, all the protagonists from Oneechanbara, Etna from Disgaea, Ada and Jill from Resident Evil, Korra from The Legend of Korra, Ciri Yennefer and Triss from The Witcher.

Heather Mason.

Especially when she repressed God's birth through pure will. It was fucking awesome.

Nah I'd rather a competent developer handle it.

So.... nobody then?

>Birth by Sleep wasn't made 100% better by Aqua in both character and gameplay

There's plenty stop being entitled.

I was going to list Heather, but I don't honestly think she fits the "emotional stability" category.

To be honest, I think Heather really should be lauded as a feminist sort of character because instead of being pointlessly self-reliant and capable, she's a normal girl with normal limitations and fears. And this makes the fact she spends the game fighting against aspects of traditional feminine traits - passive and only useful for bearing children - without making it an entire crusade against men (in fact, having the primary human antagonist also be a woman and represent the role of women themselves in perpetuating the roles of women while simultaneously being a clear example of a strong-willed woman in a position of authority achieved through her own determination and not her gender).

give me a reasonable reason why you want more females in video games
otherwise you're just looking for some skin to gawk at

>ruining a bunch of decent gay characters by turning them into ugly hags
No thanks.

First one that comes to mind is her

I wanna worship at her temple.

Realism happened. There are no women in existence that display everything you just listed.

This game isn't that old, why are her elbows fucked to shit?

This looks fucking retarded.

Put all the resources into the faces.

Checkmate.

Women's mind doesn't get stable until they reach menopause.

And when they do, they become useless as females

>leadership
>maturity
>emotional stability
>purpose
>amd actual power
Because that would be boring as fuck for any genderof character.
I mean you basically want to make a Mary sue, and then rob them of Any personality.

That being said best i can do here
>joanna dark
This
>
This.

Notice a trend here?

I laughed

How useful are you as a male?

Earth 2150 the moon project

Leader of the moon scientist crew

I pay taxes.

Since 1996™

Now when you mentioned it, Wonder Woman would do great as an PS4 / Xbox One exclusive series

Literally all the leaders of the nations in FF14, sans Ishgard, are chicks. I'm half convinced Eorzea is practically a matriarchy.

I want a titjob from Merlwyb.

>ruining a bunch of decent gay characters by turning them into ugly hags

You don't have to make them ugly, idiot.

Just make them women. Their personalities are the same as the gay men.

And that's why people always bitch about not having strong females.
They never remember the ones that are because they are boring.

>>The loud SJWs are still getting libarts degrees instead of doing anything gamedev related.
Lead writing positions, team lead positions, "idea guy" positions that don't contribute anything but noise. All of these and more have been demonstrated to affect a game's direction.
You're not wrong about the nu-males aspect, but they're still influenced to some degree by their female SJW counterparts.

I want a thighjob from nanamo, and i want to cuddle tenderly with raya-o

The biggest flaw of the internet is that everyone can write down their opinion and show it to the world.

It's funny that feminists crying for these powerful female characters are also the ones who ignore established powerful female characters (Faith in ME1, Joanna Dark, Cate Archer, Jade from Beyond Good and Evil, etc.) or just disregard them as sexual objects (Lara Croft especially). The same goes for developers too, with them giving attention to drama queens like Zoe, that zombie tranny and all while disregarding veteran developers and writers like Amy Hennig.

It's the reason I can never take their 'cause' seriously despite agreeing with it. They're such hypocrites and attention whores that you just know they're doing it for the money.

And that's also the best thing about it. Double edged sword.

Unfortunately it seems to be coming to an end as jews are trying to eradicate anonymity on the internet and push for controlled freedom of speech. Also the rise of e-celebs and merging of the real world with the internet has created internet users that are "more equal" than others. Man, if in the early 2000s someone told me it would turn that way, I would have laughed, now it makes me want to cry.

>You don't have to make them ugly
>Just make them women
user. Just listen to yourself. And no, based homos don't act anything like dumb whores. Gay characters are always without fail the most noble, upright and selfless. They're as far from women as you get, because they don't rot their minds by wasting their time with the inferior sex.

>You don't have to make them ugly, idiot.
>Just make them women

If somene told me 10 years ago that there was going to be several social networks with mentally ill people and degenerates crusading to make it something normal and remove the white heterosexual man from the world I would have laughed aswell.

> Morrigan from Dragon Age
> Lara Croft pre-reboot
> Samus pre-Other M
> Any female fighting game character
> Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, and Ada Wong
That's just to name a few.

>samus
you mean the trans?

You have no idea the migraine I get from being around a bunch of liberal faggotty college students who got in with their daddy's money, who constantly say shit like that with no evidence or context.
The hell that is my daily college life you will never know.

Femshep aka best and canon shep

>Powerful as in leadership as well as in maturity, emotional stability, purpose and actual power

too bad that makes for an extremely boring character regardless of the gender

Imagine if in 2006 while browsing Cred Forums someone have told you that in 2016 the internet would be dominated by normalfag websites dedicated to attention whoring and the internet would be filled by normalfags leaking to Cred Forums.

>Lead writing positions, team lead positions, "idea guy" positions that don't contribute anything but noise
I mean "ideas" are most of what a game is. A good programmer might not entirely understand what makes a game good or fun, just how to build a game to a designer's specifications. So an "idea guy" can definitely contribute to a game's design more than a programmer does.

Not to say programmers can't be good at game design, mind you, but I've known many people try to get into game dev with only programming expertise and half an idea who have no concept of game theory or design, and most of them end up making games that are soulless and not at all enjoyable to play.

>women
>emotional stability
>maturity
>purpose

LMAO

What if Zelda was a girl?

I don't get it. I went to university here in Norway. We're shitloads more "liberal" than the states, yet I've never once met anyone who says shit like this.

The fuck is up with you guys?

They like to make up scenarios in their heads to get mad about. Kind of like how some women like to complain about a patriarchy that doesn't exist. Two sides of the same coin desu.

Most of the Senran Kagura cast are some of the best female characters ever.
Not even baiting.

It's not the fact they are liberal, it's the fact they are stubborn liberals. They refuse to listen and to top it off this is the southern US. You ever hear a condescending liberal with a South Eastern accent? It's grating as hell, not to mention they make shit choices in games or don't even play them.
One in particular I refer to as Fedora Fucker, guess why?

- Samus Aran (1986)
- Terra Brandford (1994)
- Lara Croft (1996)
- Aya Brea (1998)
- Claire Redfield (1998)
- Rena Lanford (1998)
- Ash Dalmasca (2006)
- Gwendolyn (2007)
- Madison Paige (2010)
- Aqua (2010)
- Ellie (2013)

Whatever the women from Horizon Zero down and Hellblade are called (2016/17)

Now fuck off...

>current year
>*my completely arbitrary definition of powerful prevents any video game to have a female that is considered powerful, thus allowing me to create this strawman thread

who the fuck is the dyke on the right?

Makes me wish that they'd get featured in other games more often.
Senran Kagura kinda goes that there are lots of different things to appreciate about girls in general, from Haruka's sexy domineering attitude to Murakumo's stuttering cuteness without her mask.

dude what the fuck

platypuses with tiny fez hats?

I would add Mitsuru Kirijo (2006)

FUCKING THIS
youre telling me that you shoving a metric fuckload of random shit together onto one graphic design abomination, or just drawing a random western cartoon style girl just standing there staring at the viewer, or taking a fucking picture of a puddle with a candy wrapper in it with no color and a bloom filter, youre telling me that thoughtless trite shit somehow has more "depth" and creative merit than realistic concept art for an entire fantasy/alien race that ive spent over 10 hours just THINKING about the culture and morphology of?
go fuck yourself with a barb wire wrapped dildo you cankerous whore, there are literally millions of women identical to you with just as empty heads in this country alone

Female characters who act more mature than SJWs trigger the SJWs.

>why are american liberals so fucking insane
hmm i wonder why

Female protag in Saints Row, but that's only because she's modeled after the male main character who is canon.

Kinda funny when the characters in the game slip a "he" in dialogue when regarding your character, and when the main character talks about stripper poles and flirts with strippers in cutscenes.

Erin Baker from Black Ops 3