Star Fox: Assault

im gonna play this and see if it's actually mediocre as Star Fox fans in Cred Forums make it up to be (and soon with Zero because Fuck Cody, Command was disgusting, enjoyed Adventures)

wish me luck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N6543T0HI50
youtube.com/watch?v=_P5IODdSI9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>multiple control options
off to a good start

>No forced motion controls

Dropped. I need to feel Miyamoto's cock inside me while he whispers in my ear "you will play it with motion controls and you will like it".

>enjoyed Adventures

really

the only thing i didn't like about SFA was just the Lightfoot trial, Gen. Scales being a dud boss, and the no point of return.

rest was fine for a OoT clone
i heard Falco was supposed to help Fox fight General Scales in the game

It's a gamecube game user wtf are you on about motion controls

the loading screen is pretty sweet tbqh

also, Andrew sucks

I like Krystal

>see this
what do?

Great game, just don't go in expecting 64 or anything like it, even from Arwing levels. It's much more similar to something like EDF

>you will pray it with motion controls and you will rike it
Ftfy

It isn't that bad really. The music alone makes the game worth playing.

underrated game desu
sure the on foot stuff could be better but it's still pretty solid

The vehicles feel great overall, the only issue is the on foot, really. Give it a bit more polish, and bam, very good title (the only issue left would be that the single player mode is completely linear, no secret levels or alternate routes).

The game is fine, but imagine buying this game at full retail day 1 for 50 dollars instead of emulating.

You can beat it in one sitting, I imagine most of Cred Forums did exactly that.

The arwing missions are so damn slow. The on foot missions though weird aren't that bad.

>you can change your guns Metroid Prime-style
pretty sweet desu

Man, even the linearity wouldn't have been a big deal if the game was 5 missions longer

Pretty much the only issue with it. Paying $30 would have been borderline acceptable. $50 or $60 is a joke.

that games the best shit. get some friends together and play multiplayer, its great

Cred Forums should netplay it

it had the right ideas. some where executed poorly. like the on foot sections.

but they also removed the brancing paths so... f this game. no excuses

does Netplay work with this?

>You can beat it in one sitting
Would be fine if the game had any replayability outside of multiplayer.

It is actually pretty good.

Can't you beat any of the previous games in one sitting? These days I think people would feel upset over paying retail for either Starfox or Starfox 64

The on-foot and landmaster sections would have benefitted from pointer/gyro aiming, Star Fox Assault probably would have done great as a Wii U title.

>the only issue is the on foot
Nah, the game is shit. It's a mediocre on it's own and shit compared to 64. Seriously, play Corneria on 64 and whatever the shitty first level is in Assault and see the difference. Then play the first boss fight from both games and see why Assault is amateur garbage in comparison.

>first level of Assault
>shitty

Probably the only truly great level in the game and on par with the first game. You can't imagine how mindblowing the space battle was back in 2005.

youtube.com/watch?v=N6543T0HI50

Both can, yeah. Assault is probably twice as long to beat in one sitting as SF64, and even though the latter had branching paths most anons probably aren't going to admit that they just play the same 1-2 combinations every time and skip certain levels (like Aquas).

The major problem with Assault's main story mode was that they tried to make it so grandiose compared to the earlier games that it was kind of a chore to sit through multiple times. With SF64 the cutscenes were quick and the story was simple. Still, at least Assault moved the narrative forward rather than regressing it like Zero did.

I really can't understand why people insist on hating this game.

I mean, Brainscratchcomms didn't even respect it enough to actually learn the controls.

I personally don't understand the hate for it and why people constantly compare it to 64. I don't even understand all the 64 hype

>"Then play the first boss fight from both games and see why Assault is amateur garbage in comparison."
>first boss in SF64 is a walker that you can cripple and won't fight back, or an easy "shoot the openings" flyer
>first boss in Assault is literally a fucking Andross mech

So you pretty obvious haven't played Assault then. That opening mission with the Andrew fight was an excellent nod to 64.

>You can't imagine how mindblowing the space battle was back in 2005.
Oh please, I played Assault before it was even released at retail through the Blockbuster promotion. That's how eager I was to play the game, and it was shit.

Corneria from 64 is not only more iconic aesthetically compared to generic space shit, but the level is expertly crafted to get the player familiar with the different controls, rewards better players with a split path, and is better paced and gives a sense of speed and energy.

>>first boss in Assault is literally a fucking Andross mech
don't forget the thicc Aparoid Moth boss, the actual boss fight

>not liking adventures ost youtube.com/watch?v=_P5IODdSI9s

>mediocre

Is definitely the word for it. It's not a bad game, just incredibly flat.
Typical Namco, I suppose.

>its a foot segment episode

Fuck that shit
Fuck aparoid base

You're just sore it seems.

I thought Assault was pretty good desu

The first part is just a literal rehash that isn't as good as the original, while the second half is poorly designed garbage. Please tell me how rocks flying at the player from above is good design at all? Having the rocks fall from above prevents the player from shooting them which is counter intuitive in a fucking shooting game. There is nothing more frustrating than the upward angle they force on that section that not only breaks with standard gameplay in an intuitive way but prevents you from aiming as you would naturally.

Meanwhile the easy boss in Corneria is a good introduction to the all-range mode and uses the aspect of the mode, namely positioning to it's fullest, while giving more experienced players an opportunity to make the fight easier by damaging other areas of the boss. The hard boss actually fires things at you that you can dodge or fire back at. Both bosses are very easy (as well as Assault's) but they do well for an introductory boss battle while Assault's just isn't well designed at all.

SOULS

the original nintendo had motion controls user, surely the gamecube can handle it too

You can still hit the boss while you dodge.

I'm a doctor, I'm going to help you. It's a prescription for git gud. It will help you so much. I've seen lots of patients in your sorry state. It's a shame you couldn't get help sooner, but with this treatment you'll get better in no time.

Ruffians are literal hoodniggers holy shit

The soundtrack is top tier. That's about it