youtube.com/watch?v=1sD1bDnY0s0
youtu.be/BXcwiWroABI?t=114
youtube.com/watch?v=7ny9cLTw_O8
youtube.com/watch?v=4aLpk-CRwPU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing. It's spectacular.

I wish Hitman TM ran as well as absolution does

story, gameplay, music, characters

It's impossible to create a worse Hitman game than Abortion if you think.

>Absolution music being bad

I enjoyed absolution it was different but I enjoyed it

Literally everything

everyone recognizes you in an outfit so you have to sneak around

Nothing, it's almost perfect. Best Hitman game currently and the way TM is going, it won't get any better.

In TM random people recognize you. Like in Marrakesh dressed as a soldier, why would the goddamn front desk receptionist know I wasn't a real soldier? TM's doesn't make sense most of the time.

Some of the levels still feel like Hitman, it's just shit that they're interspersed with corridor sneakfests where the objective is to get to the other side.
I really wish you could turn off the point system too, it's annoying to have constant negative reinforcement for trying to play the game a certain way.

>Absolution
>Best Hitman game currently

Are you just being contrarian to spite me user?

Also, levels being cut up into linear segments. Once you go through the obligatory door to the next segment, there's no turning back.

>Are you just being contrarian to spite me user?
No, I truly feel that way user. Blood Money is cool but I just wish they would remake it with Absolution's visuals, then I would love it, it looks alright but if it looked better...

>TM
wHat

>retarded checkpoint system
>retarded instinct bar
>play like a stealth game instead of a hitman game because you're being hunted on most level

So.. you like Absolution the most because of its visuals? Because I do admit the game looks amazing and runs great too, but it's no way close to being the best Hitman game. It felt more like a run of the mill stealth game instead. I had fun at times playing it but all it did was make me go back and replay Blood Money instead.

Don't do this to me user. We can never be friends like this.

I call Hitman 2016 TM because of the little TM on it. I hate saying Hitman 2016, unless we establish that this new Hitman replaces the old and whenever we say it we mean 2016,

Hitman™ (2016)

Soldiers are under orders not to go to the first and second floors of the consulate. There's a conversation that takes place between security and a soldier about this, that is why the receptionist is suspicious of you.

The visuals are a part of it but I do like the story and the level design, I know it's more closed off but I enjoyed it much more than Hitman 2016 and Blood Money's levels. It's also really fun to run through suit only. I thought the characters were entertaining as well, you telling me you didn't like Limpdick Lenny?

I see, well that makes sense then.

>be agent 47
>calmly walk past guy wearing pic related while also wearing pic related
>"hmm, where do I know him from..."
>detects you in 5 seconds and chases you around like a madman

Nah, I found the story and characters way too cartoony compared to previous games. And that's including the albino assassin conducting an assassination during Mardi Gras with his associates dressed as big birds.

Absolution felt so much like a spin off of the series. I enjoyed some of the levels though, like that run down hotel, the shooting range and that other level in the town. Those were pretty big and had some pretty fun opportunities to activate.

Absolution's antagonists were like something out of a gritty Marvel comic adapted to film. Once that giant steroid Mexican guy showed up I couldn't take anything seriously from that point onwards.

Shoe-horned "story".
No Diana for most of the game.
Most levels had no assassinations.
Too many weapons made useless for a stealth game.
"Improvised weapons" AKA One-hit-kill objects littered literally everywhere.
Visible score during gameplay encourages constant checkpoint resetting rather than retrying missions for higher scores after the fact.
Ballers gone for most of the "plot".
Shit final boss.
Shittier final mission.

Excellent game, terrible Hitman game.

>You need to use instinct for your disguises to actually work
>It lasts like five seconds and then you get gunned down by every single guard on the map

Well your face is clearly showing, so..

what if you wear this

The music was good. You fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=DlIZQV67x28

Oh yeah and the Agent 48s from Codename 47, Agent 47 with sunglasses from 2 or albinos with numale haircuts in Blood Money were totally not Marvel comics characters right?

or you know, turn your back.
The game really wasn't as difficult as you casuals make it out to be.

The characters in Absolution were Joker-tier villains, completely unlike any target in the previous installments of the series. They send a gang of murderous nuns to kill you ffs.

It's really weird to think ICA, this super clandestine assassination organization has this army that they send to loudly kill everyone in a town

The nuns were shit but at least they fight back, unlike every target in TM. But the Victoria fight scene was the cringiest part for me. The rest was cool and varied, each level something different happened, in one you're in a gun range trying to beat the high score, in the next you're fighting a giant dude in a cage fight. It was fun, not Hitman by any means, but if it was a Kane and Lynch 3, it would be great.

I would definitely have preferred it if the game was Kane and Lynch 3, actually. Instead of trying to imitate a Hitman game badly, they could have just made a good Kane and Lynch shooter with some added stealth elements to 'expand' the series' gameplay or some shit like that.

So how does anti illuminati man know 47?

>What went so fucking wrong?
1. No empowerment. Old Hitman games made you feel like an angel of death, new ones have you always on the run, always weak, with scripted events ensuring you are on the backfoot and never in control. Story as well.
2. Pushed stealth. Wearing uniforms and other disguises is much weaker, you get recognized easy, other people in the same dress almost instantly. This means that even when wearing uniform you have to sneak.
3. Low variety of kills for each target. Instead of having 4-5 signature targets, we have more targets, with 1 scripted signature kill on each. It is cinematic, but I prefer the old way of having multiple creative and cool ways to kill everyone.

Other than that, the engine is better, shooting is better, interface is better, the game looks better, sounds better, menus are better, runs better on hardware near its release, and is overall top tier.
Honestly my biggest issues are the lack of empowerment, making the player always weak instead of always strong, and the huge nerf on disguises.

Old Hitman games also had a mix of sex and catholicism, it was just more subtle. Absolution's killer nuns and all out sexualization was the logical conclusion of a few games worth of buildup.

Absolution feels really high quality but has very little Hitman in it.
TM feels kind of arcadey and generic but tries hard to be like Blood Money.

We will never get a proper Blood Money 2. Considering TM is basically the final game and they will only make seasons now.

point system (doesn't encourage players to expand their playstyle)
retarded disguise system
story driven game (story driven games are not bad, but it doesn't bode well with a hitman game)
stupid characters
no assassination levels, most were infiltrating and running missions (again, because of the story driven element)
again, the point system, it doesn't make any sense at all: why would the game deduct points from me if I shoot a group of people who just shot up a fucking nursery. i'd understand if they were innocent civilians or bystanders, but it should matter if i kill a group of hired murderers? whole thing is just played out terribly

i do however like that he has more control over the environment and takes full advantage of it like a hitman

WHY THE FUCK

DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED

TO ADD TM

OR 2016

TO HITMAN

THERE IS LITERALLY ONLY ONE GAME

IN THE SERIES

CALLED "HITMAN"

WITH NO FURTHER TITLE

YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD SHIT

FUCK

We just don't know right now, though people are leaning towards the theory of them being old asylum friends

With all the Kane and Lynch cameos, i believe they had second thoughts about making it K&L3. Kane's model in particular has almost the same level of detail as 47's model.

"Hitman" refers to the whole series. There is no game called Hitman, just Hitman(TM)(C)2016

I got absolution and liked it but I never played any others much, should i get any others?

Yes for the love of god. Play all the others and learn how a real Hitman game plays

Honestly, no. Its like Morrowind, the game is so outdated in terms of interface, animation, lack of pure quality of life things, that its hard to enjoy them without nostalgia, or having played before to be used to these things.

Blood Money is the best, but it feels very old. Animations, stiffness, speed, no reactions to being shot at all... it is very old.
If you are okay with playing old and stuff games, you should play it. It is my favorite in the series.

Yes, they're good games but don't expect them to feel as polished as Absolution. Half the difficulty is just trying to wrestle with the controls.

The story is some hilarious fucking nonsense.

I lost it hard in the scene where they frame the notorious worldwide assassin Hitman: Agent 47: Silent Assassin for murder, and I'm supposed to not laugh. I killed like forty fucking people just to get into that fucking room. And then they light the room on fire so that no one can actually see the evidence. And then the whole hotel is exploding and cops are shouting at me that they want to question me about a maid while the fucking building is on fire. It's the stupidest shittiest writing I have ever seen in a videogame.

And it would have been trivial to make it better. At that point in the game I've already betrayed the Powers Boothe Agency and I'm on the run from it. Have them tip the cops on me, release like page on of my file of my ten thousand murders around the globe, and all of a sudden it makes sense there's five hundred cops looking for me with helicopters.

He is 47's brother, Liquid 47.

The story was rewritten like three times. They had no idea what to do with it.

In the original script, the ICA raids Diana's mansion on the first level.

Which makes it even more insane when a private military company/hitman service company raids a mansion in the USA. Imagine the outrage and attention it would attract.

Holy shit, I forgot about that. That was the moment I knew that the plot was not going to be good in any way whatsoever. Killed a fucking maid, the building was on fire and somehow the cops knew that a maid was killed in that room that's on fire. And they send entire SWAT teams after you on the rooftop, with a chopper gunning you down and shit.

Shit, it's been so long since I've played this turd that I forgot how absolutely fucking retarded it was. Anything else that was stupid in it? I remember being able to kill the huge mexican in the cage fight in a public spectacle (that was on TV too I think?) and getting a huge amount of points for it, even getting Silent Assassin for it.

Retarded. As. Fuck.

blood money if nothing else
go BLIND on your first run, this is important, it's like a fun puzzle finding out npc habits, listening in on shit, waiting for the perfect opportunity, and figuring it all out yourself.

The fact that the ICA actually invades and takes over a village looking for you was the point of no return for me. A shadowy, secret organization of assassins turning up in helicopters with a band of heavily armed goons in rural America, how the fuck did that get signed off.

Here's another stupid thing about the game's main villain. In the final level, he's rigged the whole roof to blow if 47 is seen. This man will literally demolish a whole building's roof with his men still on it, just to kill one man.

How the heck were you supposed to beat the hotel level stealthily? I got to the top floor and there's like 50 redneck guards, it's impossible to sneak anywhere. I ended up just grabbing a shotgun and mowing everyone down.

>I remember being able to kill the huge mexican in the cage fight in a public spectacle (that was on TV too I think?) and getting a huge amount of points for it, even getting Silent Assassin for it.
Don't forget 47 took off his mask to question to big ass mexican guy whom he just overpowered bare handed(remember he failed to choke him out in a cutscene with the fiber wire and got knocked out because of it) in front of all those people before snapping his neck and casually putting the mask back on.

>I ended up just grabbing a shotgun and mowing everyone down.
That's how I played the entirety of Absolution after trying out the mode that disabled instinct only to find out its impossible to be sneaky without it.

Was the dastardly villain on the roof too? I can't recall.

Jesus, he took his mask off to interrogate him? I couldn't recall that but I can believe it what with everything else so stupid in the game. In that earlier scene, I don't even know what possessed 47 to even TRY to fiber wire someone that big. Motherfucker snuck up on him already, just shoot him dead like a professional goddamnit.

>gritty
>YEEHAW
>now I dont yeehaw much but this is a yeehaw fucking christmas

:^)

Most of its issues have already been covered, but my two main ones were the tone and the disguise system. It feels like the creative team behind Kane and Lynch wanted to do a grindhouse-esque campy shooter, but they were forced to work with the Hitman name and played through Blood Money half-drunk in order to learn about it.

The disguise system can also fuck off. It tried to do what Hitman 2 did, where disguises could be seen through by security unless you kept a safe distance, but they managed to make it even worse by cramming levels full of security and placing them near choke points, to the point where throwing a knife into a wall and ambushing them was the only way to clear a way out on higher difficulties. On top of that, civilians can see through similar civilian disguises, like Chicago's street vendors operate on a strict unionized system to root out scabs. I didn't like Hitman 2's disguise system in the first place, but outside of allowing you to run Absolution was a step back.

Credit where credit's due, I liked some of the environments, and the tone got to me in a good way at points. I hope the environmental designers got a raise, because they knew how to put charming little details everywhere.

Yep, holding Victoria hostage next to a helicopter instead of being on it purely because he really wanted to be able to shoot 47 before he left

I just don't understand how you'd cover up murdering an entire town in the US. I forget what the reasoning is in the game or if there was a explanation for how it would work but someone is probably going to notice that a whole town was murdered.

speaking of this something that pissed me off in paris
>Sheikh disguise
>the one fucking disguise you can cover your face with
>face exposed

You have to climb around through windows and shit. But shit's not worth it, just blast the fucks.

>he really wants to shoot 47
>but rigs the roof to explode if 47 is seen

Was there a single person who wasn't retarded in the entire game? Even 47 was stupid.

it's GOAT if you play it as a mass murder sim.

Nothing.

One of my favorite games this year. Episodic model has been much better than I expected.

I wish the new one had more hints of the catholicism

something i enjoyed about the older games, despite him being a murderer(well I mean most of the people he kills are pretty bad people and deserve it) its implied he has connection to the church

This is the previous and superior game user, not 2016.

>underground lab level
>bottom floor
>borderline impossible to sneak around suit only
>have to cheese the ai by throwing shit then hiding in the room in a corner and fidgeting to avoid detection
>to get to the exit you have to pass by "unconcious" test subjects that still detect you, making suit only silent assassin literally impossible

It's my guilty pleasure. It's just stupid pulpy fun, some missions are actually decent in Hitman way (kinda open levels), some are decent stealth stuff (hiding from cops in crowd was great at the start) and some are ridiculous (killing nuns, wrestling). I enjoyed it for what it was, even if Blood Money is in my top 5 games of all time.

Luckily the new Hitman game returned to its roots, so we can take Absolution as a spin off and not hate on it anymore since it only improved the series.

Its implied his organization uses the church as a cover up, not that he personally is religious.

They tried to turn it into some shitty grindhouse movie

That is one thing that kinda bugged me, many of the people he killed didn't deserve it outside of Wade, Travis, Dexter and The Saints.

I remember reading somewhere though that he at least respects the ideas and was atleast formerly religous

>Agent 47 was once a seemingly religious man, having contributed a large portion of his earnings to the Catholic Church. The fact that he is trying to find some sort of peace and meaning in religion in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin can be contributed to the horrible events which he experienced in Hitman: Codename 47, in which 47 finds out he is a genetically engineered clone from an asylum in Hungary simply known as ''The Asylum'' and kills his creator and cloned counterparts. Furthermore, in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Agent 47 went out of his way to rescue Father Vitorrio who was kidnapped by member of the Sicilian mafia. In fact, there was no monetary reward for rescuing Father Vittorio, and Agent 47 had to complete a number of contracts for the Agency in return for their help in tracking down Father Vitorrio's location. At the end of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, 47 places a crucifix which Father Vitorrio had given him on the church gate as he is leaving, indicating that he is putting his quest for God and religious enlightenment behind him.

This makes most sense
This is what I want

Dunno, I always took it that he just likes the order and discipline of living with monks.

that may be it too

youtube.com/watch?v=ttFI2amxovs

The one thing that Absolution does have over 6 is better gunplay I suppose.
Enemies constantly going 90% accurate rapid fire with their baby pistols is irritating, and most guns have so much recoil and don't feel very satisfying to shoot.

It seemed to me that he was just looking for a non violent life he could belong to, as a sort of haven. the ending is him coming to terms he'll never have rhst

The music was excellent but it doesn't fit the Hitman games at all, just like all that whole country feel they put in the game. It's nothing like the old ones.

I don't know.. I don't understand the hate for this game.

I mean.. it didn't really feel like a traditional Hitman game, and I did have to play with some restraint because going nuclear through every level was incredibly easy.. but if I played it the right way, it was pretty good.

alt + 0153
Trademark ™

>tfw convenience store music doesn't appear in the official OST

youtube.com/watch?v=n1efVSZobOI

>Story driven game
>some of the worst writing in video games
>open level based series
>incredibly linear game

HMMM

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE THE PROBLEM?

w-well, it was good for a not hitman game!

You posted the only good track in the entire game.

In 2 he really was living in the monastery. In Absolution, the orphanage was the only place the agency didn't know about, but the head nurse talks to him as if she knew 47 for a long time, plus the orphanage guard refers to 47 as "father". Forum theory is that 47 invested all his money in the orphanage and he is Father Bennet, the founder of the orphanage.

>he doesn't like generic twang

youtube.com/watch?v=1sD1bDnY0s0

>Hungary

once they're done with Hitman 2k16 and season 3 wraps it wouldn't surprise me if they repackage it as Hitman: Professional like they were originally going to call it.

Absolution made me feel like all the targets/guards and henchmen in the levels REALLY deserved to get wasted, how did they not expect me to kill a bunch of rednecks who just killed off a bunch of nuns in a hospital and are actively trying to kill me with absolutely no other witneses in the area

I kill all those guys in the orphanage, fuck them, it seems like that's what 47 would do anyway with him being a loose cannon on the run in this game.

What went right?

I liked looking up dahlia's skirt

It's nearly complete

>not posting Tables are Turning
>mfw

You're a bit of a faggot if you bought a AAA early-access game.

youtu.be/BXcwiWroABI?t=114

Most of the action OSTs were good. If you were playing stealthily, you miss 80% of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ny9cLTw_O8

Some of them even had Blood Money cues:
youtube.com/watch?v=4aLpk-CRwPU

starts at 1:54.

I've only bought the first episode, I'm waiting for the rest. Jokes on you fag.

Call me... Liquid 47.

I'm surprised this guy is not voiced by peter stormare, probably costs too much

Absolution's soundtrack are my guilty pleasure. Sure Jesper Kyd's tracks are superior and convey much better ambiance and emotion than Absolution's generic Hollywood BRHEEEWWN music, but the country and action ones are pretty cool.

Unless he pulls out some Metal Gear style backstory monologue about how he got hair implants to look different, I still say this guy is just someone who used to live in the asylum in Romania who broke out with 47 one day

>surprised not Stormare
>instead of surprised it's not Troy Baker.

>every character in every mission has an American accent
>except the characters in the USA mission, who have british accents

those cunts at io are having a laugh

Why not call it Hitman 6? It is the 6th major game and it's complete in 2016.

Because it's a "platform" rather than a game, so the expectation/idea is that it is THE Hitman, which is why it is simply called HITMAN™.

>it's a platform
>but it's not a game
it's very much a game dude...

I think it's because of the whole episodic thing.
Hitman 6 Season 1
Hitman 6 Season 2
Hitman 6 Season 3
Hitman 2016 Season 1
UGH!!

Absolution problem was the pacing:

Too many "get from A to B " with generic splinter cell stealth missions, too few assassination missions.

The few assassination missions had a much much smaller scope and detail.

>that part where Kane from Kane and Lynch starts a bar fight
That might the only part of Absolution I remember and it was a reference to another game

I think he looks like Liam Nesson.

The thing is that his face is extremely similar to 47's CGI face.

the only thing Absolution got right and did superb were the nuns

rival assassins were always one the most gripping aspects whenever they were presented - with the cultists and one of your bros in HL2, the birds in Blood Money etc etc

idk man, he looks a lot like stormare to me

I can see the resemblance, eyes and nose in particular. The Paris cutscene left me biased, because he is even wearing a jacket that looks exactly like the jacket Neeson wears in Taken.

>remorseless assassin suddenly a nice guy helping an "old friend" to save a girl
>an unprecedented amount of shit side-characters and villains
>disguise system is completely broken, as in, useless
>slow-mo mark 'n' kill adrenaline mode in a fucking "stealth" game
>atrocious melee

Other than that, it was okay. It had some nice things in it, like how if you garrotted someone, you could drag them away using the wire, and there were usually quite a few ways to kill targets.

Are we ever going to get a decent sniper rifle in TM? The lancer is fucking based, but loud as fuck, while the suppressed one has fuckall zoom, so is useless for actual sniping (every time I've done the Sniper Assassin challenge I've just found a costume that lets me carry a gun around and just point blank shot my targets with the sniper after I've already choked them out and moved them to a concealed location). That ugly tiger camo one that came out with the Bangkok expansion was an extra kick in the balls because it was just a faster firing version of the regular suppressed rifle.

Also, y'know, the fucking briefcase sniper from Codename 47 and Blood Money.

>QTE fisticuffs

How the fuck did that shit carry over into 2016 when they (wisely) ditched most of Absolution's bullshit.

The entire idea behind Absolution was to create a mainstream profitable third person shooter.

The garrote wire drag is the one thing they brought over to the new game which is actually a welcome change

Everyone wants the WA2000 briefcase sniper, but there's no telling whether they'll actually bother putting it in the game. But if they do, yeah, I hope it has decent zoom as well.

It sucks that there won't be a WA 2000 because there are copyright issues and so we'll wind up with some kind of ugly frankengun

Wasn't there a data miner that uncovered something about an upcoming sniper rifle weapon like the WA 2000?

>You will never meet the Big Boss equivalent in Hitman.

>gun reskin
>bomb
>distraction tool
>sedative/poison
>melee weapon
>new gun sometimes
They can't keep getting away with these lazy unlocks.

No clue, m8. I just know there was a bootleg version of the briefcase functionality in the alpha.

But 47 met all of his "fathers" and "brothers" and killed them all in the first game

He is 47's Big Bossu. Probably Ortmeyer's son or something like that.

just give me rifle in the briefcase

literally all I care about

They're leaving it out just to piss everyone off at this point.

wtf is this shit anyway, some kind of guard? Does this exist in real life or is this just to avoid being sued?

>UGH!!
Greetings Tumblr.

The WA 2000 was in their mobile sniper game, only they called it "the Aria". There were actually some really nice looking custom guns in that game that I wouldn't mind seeing getting ported over, rather than just being stuck with the Jaeger.

The unlocks are a joke and a total turn off.

If they were extremely customization weapons with basic customization then in season 2 the unlocks would be mostly different parts and unique sights, it would be pretty awesome. But instead we have like 4 automatic rifles that feel exactly the same and have no functionality whatsoever. Weird sniper rifles that don't have zoom(wtf). Explosives, explosives toys, explosives ducks, explosive cellphone.

It's getting pretty silly and you can tell the unlocks weren't planned beforehand, they're basically creating them as they go and that's why they're so uninspired.

In season 2 we will probably get explosive dildo, because they ran out of ideas already.

that looks fine, I could easily live with that

make it look more futuristic

Yeah, the unlocks have been really disappointing (and that shitty SMG being the only escalation unlock rather than being "Escalation I" unlock killed a lot of my drive to play that shit). The explodey phone is pretty neat, the lethal syringe is pretty OP now that poison counts as an accident kill, and the concealable baton is basically the equivalent of starting with a hammer, but so many fucking reskins and guns you'll never use unless you're doing a rampage for funsies (and you'll never use a pistol other than the Silverballer) because of how shit the gunplay is is really disappointing.

>Even a fucking mobile Hitman game has the trademark sniper rifle
>The main game doesn't
These fuckers better be saving it for the final episode, even if it's just to pull another Bateson. They better not not include it at all, or save it for S2 or something gay like that.

it makes it look like a toy

It's just a trigger guard yes. Famas G2 has it to protect the shooter's hand in case he falls or something like that.

A gun like the one in Hitman wouldn't need it, they put just because they thought it looked cool, the magazine already stops any obstacle from hitting the operator's hand.

Completely unrelated; I've been to Mont St. Michel last week, went up to the abbey, and then suddenly some fucking french soldiers showed up and started loitering around with these babies in hand someone probably reported a suspicious bag. Had to hide my gun boner.

it felt like they came up with all the setpieces that looked cool in the trailers first then just did whatever to fill in the blanks

Ah, I see, thanks gun guy. Looks good and makes sense on the famas there but it's absolute shit on whatever that other monstrosity is.

>If they were extremely customization weapons with basic customization then in season 2 the unlocks would be mostly different parts and unique sights, it would be pretty awesome.

That'd be pretty sweet, but you can tell even from just the inventory menus for the weapons that they've no clue how to make the guns unique or interesting.

Porting over some semblance of Blood Money's basic weapon modding system would go a long way to improving the game.

That would be cool

They could then bring over the money system and then on top of that have 3 unlocks for 20 mastery(1 of the 3 would be an upgrade)

The Blood Money customization really is a must. Sadly i don't think they will be able to.

Due to the way contracts is designed, each weapon has to be very specific.