Where the fuck do i start

anyone have any advice/know any good guides for how to get started in this game? i feel like i've just been clicking around for hours

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/FMAqV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I reccomend farming Sea Raiders in the north, in the realm of the Nords. They're pretty weak, comparable to looters, but their gear is okay, which can be sold for easy money. You'll only need several peasants equal to the amount of Sea Raiders.

Hope this helps!

awesome thanks!

Get your training skill as high as you can ( same goes for companions) recruit from villages of the nation you prefer (mixing races etc lowers morale)
Go to big towns and join tournaments and bet on yourself
When you have more gold buy estates in cities like dyeworks etc
After you have a bigger army you can become a vassal or attack a castle and create your own kingdom up to you
If you want villages to give you more recruits do their quests
If you need more gold raid villages and take their loot (just watch out for enemy lords)
Also you should know that vanilla has some annoyances like enemy lords shitting out new units even after you just destroyed his army, friendly lords not helping you and so on and on, dont know what mods fix that but be ready for all kinds of stuff

imgur.com/gallery/FMAqV

It's almost harvesting season!

ctrl + space

you sick basterd

enable cheatsl, ctrl+x yourself 5000 denars and hire some mercenaries, make an army about 40/60 in favor of peasants, and start killing bandits to level them up
the worst part of mount and blade is early game troop training, it's a huge slog without an easy way to address it

>farming sea raiders early game
Nigga they're bandits with chainmail and they travel in packs. Before you know you it, you and your 20 nord recruits are getting battleaxe buttfucked by 45 guys.

He is an asshole don't listen to him, go to the dessert where the Sarranids are and fight the bandits there they are pretty easy to kill.

I'd say early game is where Mountain Blade shibes. It's late game / vassalship where the game becomes tedious and not fun.

I wish this game had more of a reason not to just enable cheat mode and play around.

Because it really doesn't. It gets boring fast

something is wrong with you

Play with automatic saving and you will not get bored at all unless you suck major dick in the game.

I found Viking Conquest:Reforged to be a really good expansion. Alot of great changes and some actual world events and small unique locations.

You want to build an army and get involved in the conflicts to benefit from them. As you build an army, you'd want food and lots of money to upgrade and pay them, so you can't get 100 Knights and expect them to pay for themselves. You have to go buy food for them (the more unique food the better for morale) and make sure you've enough for a few wages over.

Rhoddok is the best place to start. Mostly looters, not too many special enemies nearby, and the units you get there are great for defense. Once you get some decent folk there, you can go around to one of the non-desert areas; I recommend the icy Vaegir/Nord territory, they are almost always in conflict at the start of the game, you can benefit from that. Just talk to a lord, ask for some tasks, and they might have something you can do. Hope you get to collect taxes, those are great missions that can help you really get a good foothold in your Denar department. If you're confident you want to stick with a faction, keep doing deeds for them, and you'll be offered a job as a mercenary company or a vassalage. It might be best to stay free until you're really confident.

Another way you can make lots of money is trading; You might notice that ale is cheaper in Praven than it is in Suno. You can buy ale in Praven, sell it in Suno, and turn massive profits just by traveling. There are other examples of this, including Iron trade, but I think part of the fun is finding things out on your own.

>user's face as he typed this

This, it speeds up the time it takes to move actoss the map, definitely worth while to know.

Sticking around the rhodok and the sarranid area is good to start, bandits are easy to kill there. Sea raiders up north are tough early on, but if you can kill smaller bands of them, great exp and gear right away, they have longbows so careful if you kite around them shooting them from horse. Save right before tornaments, and then bet every round on yourself, you get like 3x the money if you win. DO NOT start your own faction until you are OP with alot of troops in your castle, you will war with like 3 other factions.

Once you get bored of single player, or just wanna get better at combat more so than what ai can teach you, hop in multiplayer, thats where alot of players go, but careful, the game has been out for close to 7 years, some people are pretty much gregor.

Once you've done a big battle and a siege, it's just the same thing over and over again. Repetitive as fuck. It was fun for a while, but I'm bored of it now. Waiting for Mount and Blade 2

I'm not an expert but if you want to be emperor they say you stack the fuck out of charisma.

I went for a balanced build with emphasis on strength and charisma and apparently this wasn't good.

Doesn't matter though, my game got glitched so that Haralus was both exiled and still ruling, meaning swadia was not only invincible, it was cycling through traitorous lords so quickly that the event log of choking to death.