BF2: battlelog.co/
BF2142: bl2142.co/

Other urls found in this thread:

battlelog.co/servers.php#populated
youtube.com/watch?v=n3E10ipXsL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What?! Is this real?

tnx nice virus

I'm currently playing 2142, how active is the bf2 one?

samefag alert

So, what do I need to play this? I still have my Northern Strike disk and all.

And does this shit still use Punkbuster?

Quite active

it will register it
It will download the whole game if you dont have it as well
heres the populated server list
battlelog.co/servers.php#populated

2142 needs boats. Enemy boats.

Did they change anything about the games? The spread for infantry weapons in the BF2 revive feels worse than in the original.

SPOTTED

I'm pretty sure I spotted some Enemy Boats

Man, I really forgot how shit 2142 was.

The gunplay in this shit is unbearable

>I played too much call of duty and can't manage my stamina.

Semi auto nigger, do you use it?
This is war, not one of your action movies.

what is this meme supposed to be meant by this, eh??¿¿

git gud m8

You've never fired a gun in your life, have you?

more than you I'm quite sure.
Especially automatics.

And yet you think guns have absolutely no accuracy beyond 10 feet.

Fuck off, yuroppor.

One way to "troll", or what you may know as "meme" in BF2/2142 was to spam Enemy Boat Spotted until the ingame mute blocked your comma-rose.

Hey there real-life guy. Could we have some of your input regarding parachuting from the 2nd floor and driving around in mechs that shoot emps and stuff, I wanna know if at least THAT part is "realistic" otherwise I'm uninstalling right now.

It being unrealistic was never my argument.

My argument was that it's shit.

>reviving the worst battlefields

On full auto in the hands of a person with average military training?

Pretty much, yeah. If you want to shoot to kill, you go semi. Full auto is for suppression, maybe clearing a room if shit goes south and you're out of grenades.

You're shit.

In MUH REEL LAIF, people have to train for to use guns.

Now when we carry that over to VIDEO GAMES, do you think you should be rewarded with pinpoint accuracy just because you managed to move your fat hand and target someone with a mouse, since you're "playing as a soldier".

No.

So please get fucking good, or fuck off and play Call of Duty, you've been told 5 times already.

>you need to dolphin dive, wait for the arbitrary recoil to reset, then pray you get a good spray
>now THATS FUN GUNPLAY
k

Or just kneel down and pop em a few times on semi while the other tries your "tactic" and gets mad when he dies before he hits the ground.

Yeah, 2142's gameplay is good.

And no you don't need to dolphin dive, you absolute shitter.

god, the shooting is unbearable
and the grenade spawn, cant even hide from it

Gibraltar is trash

shitters

>A group of bronies revived battlefield 2 and battlefield 2142 for fucking free

They are not "that bad", are they?

who cares

>cant shoot c4
>alt-tab, black screen
yeah no, your game has no redeeming qualities

IT'S MADE OF RUBBER!

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!

YOHOHO IT HAS SHITTY NETCODE.

Pretty active.

Is there any toggle-crouch mods for both of them? That and holding ADS would be great. Those are the only two things (besides the wonky gunplay where I can be bang-on an enemy facing me and both of us firing and missing) that are killing my enjoyment.

>cant shoot c4
You know, because C4 is detonated with an electric impulse.

>suck at the game
>playing medic cause gotta be useful somehow at least
>pick up teammates kit with bauer
>13-0
fucking hell its fucking op

Playing this again feels awful.

I have no idea how i spent so much of my life playing it 10 years ago

>besides the wonky gunplay where I can be bang-on an enemy facing me and both of us firing and missing

Keep an eye on your stamina, only use sprinting to reach cover.
Lower stamina = more spread

Literally the only thing bothering me is the lack of toggle crouch and hold to aim down sights.

Other than that the game is one of the best shooters I've ever played.
The maps are smaller than modenr battlefield titles but the slower pace makes them seem huge and you really do see squads moving as such, something completely absent in modern run-and-gun shooters.

My res looks like shit for some reason and it crashes when I alt tab

This game is utter fucking garbage, and the aesthetic doesn't save it. Gunplay is absolute shit.

You come up to someone and go to knife them. The game won't register it. Or you unload an SMG at someone. If they're more than 5 feet away, you're dead. They will soak in your magically inaccurate fire and you'll die from a burst of assault rifle. Pistols either have fucked up ironsights, or are also subject to totally random bullet veer.

>Hit this up, going to be great like old times on 2142.
>Realize how fucking janky and bad it is, jerky movement, hit detection shit etc.
>Walk away with 4.2 KDR anyway, top the boards.

>Few games later.
>People start coming in with modded giant orange names.
>Obviously aimbotting.
>Going like 47-3 regularly.
>A thing like this doesn't have the money, staff or resources to ban hackers using ancient ass aimbots.

Fun while it lasted. Thanks for the cancer.

the name thing is actually just a bug.

And I really hope they'll get some proper admins soon.

Most of the mods are uptight bitch and jet camper who hate BF2142 and only play BF2

Does/could Punkbuster work? I think I saw most of the servers had the icon crossed out.

>the name thing is actually just a bug.
Nah, there's an old toolkit that lets you mod recoil and so on that does the quickie edit for you to have a funky name.

You can do it without the toolkit though by editing some ini's. It can also be a bug too though.

Be suspicious of anyone with a name like that.

People that actually cheat should be held down and decapitated with a steak knife. And it should be recorded. And we should post it on Twitter.

You can detonate C4 with firearms, dumbass.

Not future C4, shitlord.

>Can't disarm claymores, even through throwing grenades at them
>Friendlies detonate your claymores
I hate this game. I hate this game to insane levels.

Why would I play anyone of these when I just bought BC2 for 5 bucks last week.
BC2 is objectively the best game in the whole fucking series. 2142 is a classic, but I just don't find it fun anymore.

>Why arent you Playing Cred Forums?
I'm too worried I'll suck and be shouted at ;_;

No one cares and no one is observing you, don't be so full of yourself with that fake vulnerability shit.

Literally not a single person is even using chat at all.

How do you reload spawn beacon?

>BC2 is objectively the best game in the whole fucking series.
>objectively
If you say so.

shoot the old one

seriously?

> Ask about Toggle Crouch or Unlocks
> Get flooded with ENEMY SPOTTED spam to where nobody sees it or replies.

That #BattleFeel

> Keep an eye on your stamina, only use sprinting to reach cover.
> Lower stamina = more spread

I mean I guess that could be it, but even standing (or crouching) still without sprinting and seeing someone hits nothing. The sniper is the only way I've gotten some kills and the hit reigster there is wonky. Aim at a head and nothing. IIRC BF2 doesn't have any drop so it's WTF.

Don't play this. Just spare yourselves. I tried to struggle on in the hope that it was just my imagination, but this game is a waste of fucking time. It was never well-coded to begin with, and this currently gets to where it's just fucking miserable.

Don't waste your time or your life trying to fight through the raw bullshit. All it leads to is disappointment.

You just tryhard. I played it few days, and have fun with it. Even with all lagging, awful hit detection, jet fags and so on.

Anyone else getting stuttering while playing 2142? Makes playing it feel bad, which is a real shame because the aesthetic and game modes is something I can really dig.

You mean in the sprint meter? Yeah. Same with BF2. Gameplay wise I haven't noticed it except with a tank in BF2 once and then everything else seemed fine.

did anyone actually join the steam group?

im still in one from years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=n3E10ipXsL4

>wake island 2142
>that intro music
>camping the down titan with a tank

pretty sure they are identical

LOOK UP ENEMY TITAN

I wish all these snipers weren't punishing me for running around like a dumb ass and playing like BF4

Because then I wouldn't actually have to git gud

There is way too much shit going on that no autist will have the time to babysit or even care for you

>when the orbital strike seems to last to forever

Is there a way to make ADS and crouch only activate when held rather than a toggle ability?

Also tips on gitting gud or at least being useful?

Crouch is hold. Which is where some peoples problems come in.

ADS is toggle. That's the one you want to focus on.

Is there a way to make ADS not toggle?

I had more fun in BF1942 than BF2, because your bullets actually go where you're aiming, and you don't have to either stop and stand completely still like a perfect target to be picked off just so you can have decent accuracy, or dolphin dive.

Also, turbo jeeps.

the big D is watching you

>not just playing Project Reality

I'm having a fun time throwing grenades at my team mates and yelling "Fox two!" in local chat.

Thats great but can you say "Enemy Boat Spotted" in the chat and have it mean something?

Checkmate atheist

>Fox two
That's pilot jargon, you dumbass groundie.

2142 is brilliant. The worse thing about it is that it takes a half second to iron sights. But everyone has that, so it's fine.
I was amazed in my first game, me and a group actually moved tactically, and carefully across the map.
Reliving the great days.

No, and you're not alone in wanting that to change (meanwhile I want toggle crouch)

>BAUR-H

2142 is critically flawed. No ability to switch weapons for classes is fucking murder. Because it means classes like engineer are basically crippled save for extreme close range or against vehicles that have no ability to fight back.

And that's the shit that kills the game for me. Because assault rifles are basically makeshift sniper rifles, the game wants everyone to go Assault.

Unfortunately BC2 is also fucking horrible, but for a totally different reason. It's a bloomy pile of glaring nightmares. I hope DICE dies soon.

If you give engineer firepower then you just have Battlefield 3 and 4. If you think everyone playing assault is bad how do you think engineers loadout will be in the hands of competent players? Literally no vehicles ever because of that.

You wanna play or not user ?

I don't want to play Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142 anymore.

lol

yea... this reminded me why i started to hate battlefield...

>If you give engineer firepower then you just have Battlefield 3 and 4
So... conceptually better games, minus the lack of vision of ambition.

>see guy
>crouch, fire slowly
>bullets go all around him
>he turns around and hits me with every shot on full auto

the accuracy in 2142 eludes me

That's BF2 as well.

I wish bc2 wasn't dead

take as much time as possible to aim for the head in short controlled bursts or in semi-auto.
anxiety shots fucked me way too many times when i started playing again a couple days ago.

the servers have a problem also. dethklok has connection issues intentional or not.

>Playing old games online
You'll never be like me if you keep that up, bro, shame on you.