Do you think Halo 6 won't feel like CoD?

Do you think Halo 6 won't feel like CoD?

Halo 5 didn't, so if 343 actually takes what they did right with 5 and build on it, it won't.

>5 didn't

Yes it did, you ads in that game and zoom decreases bullet spread. I think they should do the opposite, build upon good Halo; BTB, not arena focused, no sprint, ads, bullet spread decrease when zooming.

>caring about halo after 4 and 5

>ever playing poor mans UT

But what if 6's good.

Lmao Halo 1-3 destroy unreal.

Zoom decreased spread in plenty of halo games before 5 as well though. Smart scope in 5 is identical to the zoom that's always been in past halo games in every way other then the visuals.

I'm convinced half the people bitching about how Halo feels like CoD now never even played the original halo games. 5 feels close to traditional halo then 3, ODST, reach, and 4 did by fucking miles

It doesn't matter if the zoom is reskinned to look like ADS, it matters how it plays. And it plays like halo

Also, to address sprint, since people are going to bitch "b-but sprint is gameplay and not just visual":

That's true, but sprint in 5 is fine. They fixed the issues the mechanic had in 4.

Is it a feature the older halo games didn't have? Yeah. Is that an inherently bad thing? No. Does it fundamentrally make the gameplay less halo esque or closer to CoD? not really.

5's MP is good

COD doesnt even feel like COD anymore.

Blops 3 and now IW are doing the dumb mobashootershit where your character has a special ability and certain perks only those characters can use. Titanfall 2 follows this as well, as I suspect all shooters will by 2018-2019, which is the release window of Halo 6.

I fully expect Halo 6 to follow suite because 343 have proven again and again they only follow, never lead. Halo 6 will be class/character-based, wall running, press-Q-to-awesome, bastardization of the series because thats whats popular and what sells. Which is absolutely hilarious considers if Halo 6 ends up remaining an arena shooter without sprint, it will be the ONLY classic arena shooter on the market, making it unique for once in the franchises life.

It ain't a reskin. It's an ADS mechanic. Yes sprint does make Halo more like CoD, and it does affect gameplay. Countless times people have sprinted away right before dying to avoid it.

Nice point. Apparently even if it will make it unique as fuck, they won't do it because they want to stay "safe". All the while ruining Halo.

>forgetting about quake champions
>forgetting about the new unreal tournament

Halo has to abandon its shooter roots if it wants to be unique.

>It ain't a reskin. It's an ADS mechanic.

No, it's not.

ADS:
>Required in order for weapons to shoot accurately past 5 feet
>slows down your movement speed when active
>another player cannot knock you out of it

Zoom:
>Isn't required for weapons to be accurate, merely increases your level of zoom or increases accuracy further
>Doesn't affect your movement speed
>getting damaged knocks you out of it

Halo 5 has the latter, not the former.

>Countless times people have sprinted away right before dying to avoid it.
Git gud then. WHen you sptint in 5, your shields stop recharging for a full 10 seconds or so. If you can't manage to get the kill still then you deserved to lose the kill and even if sprint wasn't in the game he probably would have been able to get away from you.

Halo 5 is currently the only arena shooter on the market now, no? There's UT4 but that's not really "on the market"

Quake champions is hero/class based, it's not an arena shooter

Champions is a mobashooter, UT4 is still a long ways from release.

It's been feeling like CoD since Reach

I don't get this sentiment.

Loadouts in Reach are nothing like loadouts in CoD. I get the arguement that having uneven starts is inherently unhalo, but it's not really like CoD.

>Quake champions is hero/class based

You are fucking kidding me.

ADS: Aiming Down Sights. You do that in Halo 5. It is in the game. It doesn't matter how it is, left trigger HOLD to aim, just like cod. No I won't get gud for a shit game. I'm naturally good at 3 cause it isn't cheap shit to play. Nice excuse though.

343 isn't capable of making a good halo game.

Agreed, they're cop outs.

>it doesn't matter that it's literally 100% functionally identical to zoom that halo has always had, it matters how it looks aesthetically

Please go kill yourself. Also, there's a controller option that puts it on R3 like every other halo game too, but I bet you are so retarded you never even bothered to check.

> I'm naturally good at 3
No surprise, because Halo 3 is casual as shit.

>implying every gun used to have zoom
>implying looking down your sight is the same as zoom

>>implying every gun used to have zoom
They have since 2
Zoom in 5 is the same as every other Halo game, and automatic weapons arent absolute shit partially because of it

>implying every gun used to have zoom

That's not a core part of what makes zoom zoom. In CE, the magnum had zoom. In 2, it didn't. then in ODST, they added it back.

Did Zoom cease to be zoom in halo 2? No, because what guns have it isn't fucking important, what's important is how it works in terms of gameplay when you enter it.

>implying looking down your sight is the same as zoom
That doesn't matter, that's only visual. It has no impact on the actual gameplay.

Also, plenty of guns in 5 still have the classic scope visuals.

>They have since 2
>implying assault rifle has zoom

heh

They've already fucked 4 and 5. I don't see 6 being any different.

ADS makes it feel like CoD instead of Halo. That's all there is to it.

>mfw console shooters are literally special olympics
>it's difficult to play because of inferior controls
>it's fair because everyone shares the same handicap

If you play Halo 5 the same way you play CoD, you'll get demolished. If you aren't hip firing 95% of the same, you're playing the game wrong.

user there was no assault rifle in 2

>people unironically defend post odst halo games

It's pretty sad really. When your console has literally only 1 exclusive game people have no choice but to vapidly defend it, regardless of all its glaring flaws.

Can't blame you, how could you defend something you didn't play?

Only about 5 or so guns actually have aiming down the sights

BR, Pistol, carbine, plasma caster, are the only ones I can think of right now

The rest are either classic instant zoom or a slight zoom with holographic HUD appearing around the reticle

>since 2
l2read

since 2 implies the change was made in the second game

perhaps you should learn to read, user

>console
It's been on PC for over a month.

That said, anyone who cares about console wars is dumb as fuck and should not be allowed to post anywhere in the internet

Right. Next you're gonna tell me that 'halo 5 has the best multiplayer since halo 2'. I swear to god all you mindless halo drones are like those dolls with the string on the back, and then you pull the string and it spouts one of the same 4 lines over and over again.

halo 5 was a mistake in virtually every regard. in fact, after comparing it with halo 4 and destiny, it should be pretty clear to most people that halo is becoming increasingly obsolete. halo is suffering a massive identity crisis and 343 has absolutely no idea how to make it stand on its own two feet.

bungie demonstrated the inevitability of blending all aspects of halo into a single, seamless persistent mmorpg with everything we loved or needed from halo, plus anything we could want or imagine from online rpgs. there really is no reason to make a conventional halo game anymore: the better ones already exist. destiny, as flawed as it is, represents the magnum opus of bungie's endless, twenty year journey to achieve the perfect quake game.

halo is irrelevant.

>halo 5 has the best multiplayer since halo 2'
But thats true

>Halo 5 didn't

>destiny
>magnum opus of anything
lamao

>since 2 implies the change was made in the second game
No, it means every game since 2 in the context of "Every gun has zoom since 2", which is false even in the context of just Halo 2 since the handgun lacks a zoom in Halo 2.

>it's not ads, it's zoom

PCtroll here. I'm not really defending Halo, but I see the appeal of zoom over ADS. Zooming is literally the act of decreasing the field of view. ADS further decreases the FOV with no real benefit for gameplay.

Play Halo 5, you'll see it's zoom.

I play competitive and I've yet to ever see Smart-Scope (a.k.a zoom) and sprint being used out of the very few situations in which it gives you an strategic advantage.

I've played games in Halo 5 in which I barely used zoom or directly didn't use it in the entire game (except for DMR, BR...), same about srpint, maps are actually designed in a way that 9 out of every 10 trick jumps to move quicker don't need srpint

In fact, no map really needs sprint, but it gives lots of depth to the gameplay

The real problems Halo 5 had were:
>Brian Reed as lead writer
>Lack of content at launch
>Worst UI ever made
>No random weapon option in customs

Have I mentioned that I fucking hate Brian Reed?

>Have I mentioned that I fucking hate Brian Reed?
Don't be mean, he tried his best.

>perfect quake game.

You are forced to have an ar primary, or a revolver as the only other choice

Quake my ass

Gaylo needed to stop at 3. At the most ODST.

Reach was a mistake. Wars was kinda cool but ultimately a mistake. 4 was shit. 5 is shit.

And I can see it now... 6 will be worse than shit.

it's true, they mentioned it during the E3 reveal

Except I already explained how it's not ADS

It looks like ADS, but as far as gameplay is concerned it's the same zoom halo has always had

and if you only care how it looks, not how it actually impacts gameplay, then you are retarded

>'halo 5 has the best multiplayer since halo 2'.

It does.

If so many people have told you that that you bring it up, maybe, GASP, they have a point and you should try it

Yes, sorry user

Halo 5 is actually good as an areana shooter. It's also much less slow then Halo normally is, it's only barely slower then the new doom

Even Halo 4 had better maps and playlists

Sorry but once you get to SR120+ and grab most of the REQs you want it's hard to shill a game you basically forced yourself to play.

I disagree

Map wise, I think it goes

2>CE>5>3=4>>>>>>>>>Reach

And I LIKE reach, but holy shit it's maps were awful

They just had no idea how to work around the armor abilities, so everything they thought they knew about mapping went out he window

Not by this point in 5's lifecycle. I stopped playing 4 like a month in. I still play 5 to this day. Plus, the action sack gametype is actually amazing these days, way better than 4's. Just wish there was a ricochet gametype.

Also the fact that only 5 or 6 guns actually have the "ADS" view, the rest are just a slight zoom along the normal hipfire perspective or actual classic instant scope zoom

>Sorry but once you get to SR120+ and grab most of the REQs you want it's hard to shill a game you basically forced yourself to play.

Or im playing it because im one of the top 50 in the country, as i've been with every Halo since 3.

But please, spam "hurr its just cod some more" like anybody is going to listen to some not even rank 50 warrant officer bronze rank shittter in terms of how good a Halo game is.

maybe the campaign will be something new, like a small open-world told through vignettes like in odst, but you'd get your squad like in 5, and you can all level up/earn customizations, etc.

That's what 5 should've been on the Guardian planet.

5's are great from a gameplay/balancing perspective but they're a just boring as fuck, not even a single memorable map like Hang em high, Lockout or Guardian.

Halo 6 will be a "Hero" shooter and will be built around the concept of Warzone because 343 is shit

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of class system in Warzone. Arena will most likely remain the same for Halo 6.

>caring about Halo after Reach

Reach was the last good Halo. Best MP in the series and the highest point Bungie could have left the series on. Nostalgiafags will say 3, which is still god tier, but Reach was a natural progression that had the best gameplay, weapons, and forge.

4&5 aren't even Halo, completely irrelevant.

Not who you're arguing with but I'd like you to prove it, because I am too, and have since Halo 2, and likely know you.

Reach&4 Multiplayer moved too far away from even starts gameplay. Reach was still tolerable, 4 was completely garbage.

Halo 5 goes back to this, and makes it much more "halo" than those 2 other multiplayers imo.

>Reach was the last good Halo. Best MP in the series and the highest point Bungie could have left the series on. Nostalgiafags will say 3, which is still god tier, but Reach was a natural progression that had the best gameplay, weapons, and forge.
This is why Reachfags are cancer to the Halo fanbase and 343 should have killed the plague before it grew with that Title Update completely removing default Reach.

>Reach was a natural progression that had the best gameplay, weapons, and forge.
what the fuck am I reading

Don't bother, i'm sure that he, like 99% of the people who bitch about 5, haven't ever played it and just assume it's shit.

I have spent a few hours playing Halo CE MP as my first multiplayer Halo and this game becomes actually fun when you turn off shields. who thought it was a good idea for them to exist in the first place?

Am I the only one who likes all the Halo games?

Even 4 at worst is only like an 8/10 instead of a 9+/10 like the other halo games

I like most Halo games, wasn't a fan of spin off era and while I have my issues with Halo 4 & 5 at least for me, it's better than the Halo spin off era.

I like all of them except for all of halo 4, halo 5's campaign, And those shitty mobile games.

>each species is its own class

I can dig it

I wasn't even thinking about the mobile games when I made the post

I don't love them but I don't think they are bad either. For the 3$ each I payed for them on steam i'd say they were more then worth it

You have to be 18 to post on this board, child. Halo is baby's first FPS.

>ADS is a CoD feature
No you utter ruminant, it's a gun feature

now that's a pretty hefty statement, proofs?

Somebody who was 3 years old when the first halo game came out is 18 by now

>implying the children here started with CE

yes

no

Ah, that's true, I forgot that most of Cred Forums's """"Halo fans"""" are halo 3 babies