Should I get a pc or a laptop? I'm fucken done with consoles

Should I get a pc or a laptop? I'm fucken done with consoles.

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Build a desktop PC

logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/

build a pc, or get a laptop if you travel alot or something

A PS4 Pro

>even considering a gaming laptop

Just get a PC like the rest of normal people.

Why are you even considering a laptop. List any possible advantage.

Do you just travel a lot or something?

Get a gaymen $2000 laptop. Everyone here has gaymen laptops.

You're going to get a lot of shit for considering a laptop, but a laptop definitely. Are you in the UK? I have a link for an MSI laptop with a killer spec:

i7 6700HQ quad core
16gb ddr4 ram
128gb ssd+1tb HDD
Geforce GTX 960m + 2gb gddr5

For £649. Runs absolutely everything I've been throwing at it including doom and GTA v on ultra at 60fps, the Witcher 3 on high at 30fps.

Yeah, no. A 960 doesn't do this

It does, doing it right now m8o.
Infact doom actually runs at 80fps, it's just hard locked to 30 with vsync on

*60, my bad

Get a PC. If you move a lot just get one of those smaller cases

hey, I thin I remember you from couple days ago!
so, u got the machine?

Yeah man I posted about it when I ordered it! I got it yesterday yeah.
It's funny reading the comments in that thread I got skeptical that it would run anything but this spec is literally incredible, it's running everything I put on it beautifully. Enjoying some dark souls 3 as we speak!

getting a laptop for gayming is the dumbest thing you'd do in your life

Posting in a thread dissuading someone from getting a gaming laptop because of your misguided opinions is the dumbest thing you could do in your life

I can feel the regret in your posts kid

just sell the laptop before the value dips and quit playing runescape

If by 'done with consoles' you mean you no longer want to play decent video games, get a laptop.

Otherwise get a desktop PC for all the reasons previously stated in this thread.

And I can feel the salt in yours.
Playing the Witcher 3 on my lap laying on the sofa with a dualshock 3 feels good bro

I'm interested in this user. Link please.

lol just get a console BRO

What gaem is that in the screenshot

a 960m and a 128gb SSD is trash don't fall for his bullshit

he bought a laptop because he wasn't willing to learn to build a PC

I don't care, I have a desktop already. But I travel a lot and I could use a decent laptop.

Why ask for advice if you allready know what you want you insecure faglord

Don't fall for this guy's bullshit assumptions either OP.

>960m
lmao

I'm not asking for advice, I'm asking for a link since that laptop for 650£ seems like a very reasonable price and I can't be arsed to look for it myself.

You're forgetting the price user.
This thread is cancer, why so much faggotry?

How does it feel having a fucking heat plant on your lap, burned your dick yet?

>fucken
get an iphone

PC

You don't wanna look ridiculous with a fat ass gaymen laptop at school, work or on a airplane or whatever the fuck you are, you will not gonna play those video games on the go.

>Witcher 3 on high at 30fps
>£649
You could've built a desktop for £500 that would run it at 100fps on ultra. You cucked yourself for the sake of convenience.

DO NOT listen to these faggots. Get a laptop. otherwise you could end up like pic related. I'm gonna build a desktop soon but it's gonna be a slow process so i don't get like "tfw you fell for the gtx meme" or some pleb shit like that. PC gaming is borderline sadism and turns a lot of people into assholes.

>a desktop for £500 that would run it at 100fps on ultra
nice fucking try

Recently made the transition to P.C. I like it but all the comments saying PS4 no GAEMS is bullshit.
Only good games on P.C already played on console

No user, I'm looking at the gpu and I see a laptop version of an old barely midrange card
And if we really want to go into the price
>Witcher 3 on high at 30fps.
>£649
>for the convenience of sometimes being able to play on the couch without having to hook up the pc to the tv

Far Cry 4

Get a laptop PC. It's the best of both worlds.

Build a desktop
its fun and gaming laptops are not even remotely worth it.

>You could've built a desktop for £500 that would run it at 100fps on ultra.

Don't tell lies user. I'm all for desktops but I hate how blatantly people lie to defend their points on this matter. You simply can't build a decent pc for £500, you just can't. £500 will buy you the cpu and gpu at best, that's it.

The trick is to not care what other people think, nor it it bother you. You research what's decent and get it; so what if it turns out to be a few % worse than something else, you can enjoy your videogames anyway.

That's not the real convenience of a laptop though. Some people (like me) move around a lot and stay for some time (weeks) in places other than their home. It's nice to have a somewhat decent laptop on which you can scratch the itch, you can just take it with you set it up anywhere.

No heat issues at all, system reports a max of 58c running the Witcher 3 you fag

>Fat ass gaymen laptop
This isn't 2010 m8

No, no you couldn't. £650 is an amazing price for that spec and you know it, worse specced laptops retail for £1000 plus

This user speaks the truth

Yeah, you're one of the few people for which it makes sense then
The thing is that you or that other guy is suggesting a laptop to the poor OP with no further information, when a tower is usually the more economic and sensible choice

i know. shit can be overwhelming at first. you try and look up guides or ask for advice then all these dickholes come out of the wood work. this has no drivers. i cook bacon on my nvidia. intel is a botnet. laptops are gay lmao etc etc etc etc etc etc

What if I'm going on a vacation or something? Wouldn't a laptop be a good choice?

Do you frequently travel abroad for multiple weeks a pop? If yes then sure, if no then no

i guess. but only smartphone faggots go on vacation to glue themselves on screens. its more like being able to pick your computer up and go to a different room. gaming wherever the fuck you want. living room, kitchen table, etc etc etc.

I see so if I were to build one (leaning towards it) what would you recommend

>At least enough power to run GTA V well

logicalincrements.com is generally a good address to visit

do what says

for a gaming laptop, it doesnt need to be an actual gaming laptop. make sure you have a decent processor and enough vram.

good luck buying parts which cost as much as a console just to play a shit game like over watch

lmao so fucking true
isnt that all what these tendie underages do?
sit in their safe space waiting for pc parts using there mommys credit card?

Eh if you are looking for a laptop to play games on I would actually recommend you look for an actual gaming laptop, they tend to have better methods of cooling than a regular laptop. More fans, more thermal pipes etc. MSI for example have a button you can press that ramps the fans up to past the max auto rpm just incase you feel like things are getting a little warm.

>gaming laptop

>I'm fucken done with consoles.

LOL
O
L

done with console? explain.

You have to go back

If you skimp on the case, power supply, motherboard, hard disks and RAM, you absolutely can build a decent PC for £500. And it will blow any laptop out of the water for gaming purposes. Because even the WORST psu/motherboard etc you can buy for a desktop is better than the third rate chink shit they shove into every "gaymen" laptop. If you buy a high performance laptop you're paying out the ass for garbage parts and not even realizing it. At least on a desktop you can control your budget and decide where to skimp and where to prioritize.

You have to go back

this isnt true anymore. my asus is severely under powered and when i game for a long time my computer is barely lukewarm.

Only get a laptop as a side device for your desktop and if you travel a lot, they are very overpriced.

You can't buy a decent pc for £500. You just can't.

You can buy a piece of junk that runs wow but you can't buy a decent pc that will run recent games.

Yes it is true, Asus don't do gaming laptops. Pick up an MSI or alienware and tell me they aren't lukewarm at most after playing an intensive game

>But user, they look like shit

Look up MSI gl62 6qd, no they don't.

they arent built well then
4 times more powerful, 10 times more expensive and you can make an omelet with it.

Did you read my comment? I'm saying they stay cool and don't overheat faggot

If you travel alot for work or school, then get a laptop. If not desktop.

my bad faggot. i was doing this thing called other things. calm the fuck down. oh and i never said any laptop looks like shit. dont assume shit about what i think or you'll be dead kiddo.

actually, that laptop looks dope. i might not even build a desktop now.

What is your budget user, I have a PC business and I can tell you the best build for your price range. 100% desktop due to price/performance factor. I also host monthly LANs every month.

>I also host monthly LANs every month

That's not a credential you basement dwelling neckbeard

>prebuilt
>laptop
have a (you)

>not building a gaming desktop for the big games such as GTA V, Overwatch, Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and anything resource-heavy
>not buying a £500-£600 laptop for lighter games such as CS:GO, TF2, indieshit and older games when you travel or leave home

PCs are shit, get a mac.

>£500-600 laptop

user my £650 laptop can run all the big games you mentioned, in the case of gta v 1080p, 60fps on very high.

>not iTX

Why not both?

>building a gaming desktop just to play console games

Fallout 4 and Overwatch were designed for PC. Witcher 3 is a compromise but it's still dramatically better on PC. GTA V is the only game "designed" for console.

Bad Goy!!!

Some people host monthly LANs every week.

Yes I have a huge neckbeard and am so antisocial with all those people, we tip our fedoras to you.

Yeah, I do remember you.

I was one of the people recommending the laptop, telling you how my 4yo cheap craptop can still run most games at 720p.

If I had some extra income and need for a portable powerhouse, I´d order such laptop myself.

Glad you´re liking your purchase. Most Cred Forumsirgins bitching and shitposting about "gayming laptops" have literally never touched a modern machine.

>have literally never left their computer desk
fixed

Ah yeah I remember that screencap! Thanks for the recommend man, I'm loving it. Thoroughly blown away by the quality of even cheaper gaming laptops nowadays

My friend just built an i7 6600K desktop with an RX 480 for roughly the same (just going off of exchange rates, but I think PC parts are more expensive in Bongistan on top of that) that shits all over that, minus the SSD (which is too small anyway) and the excessive amount of RAM. Witcher 3 on ultra at 60fps.

My 7 year old desktop, thanks to the wonders of upgrading parts, which you can't do, crushes your laptop even more. Witcher 3 on Ultra 1440p 60fps, or 4K 30fps.

Just a proof of tech moving forward at lightning speed.

When I got my current laptop, you could barely get one of those Eee-PCs (anyone even remember those?) toys for the same price (399€) just a year earlier. And this sucker packed a proper i3, 6GB RAM, 64-bit W7, and a dedicated Nvidia card with its own memory; none of that Atom shit, 1GB RAM or "Starter edition" OS.

Some people also fail to realize that temperature management and power consumption usually develops with the tech, meaning a modern machine can stay notably cooler than a similar package from 4 or so years ago.

what comes to this machine, KF2 is so far the most component-grilling game I´ve ran on it, and even that I managed to get down from 105 degrees to mere ~85, average, with a simple clean-up and by applying new thermal paste on CPU & GPU.

not him, but I play on a desktop I built myself years ago, and I consider anything above 1920x1200 a literal meme. Especially something as silly as 4K @ 30fps.

Also, some laptops are very upgradeable. Even CPUs can be swapped in some (rare) occasions.

Your friend just built a pc with a i7 6600K(?) and a rx 480 which combined costs ~550 £ for 650 £?

Whoah he really stretched those last 100 £.

>90c
>80c cpu
KF2 uses almost zero cpu
something is seriously wrong with your blast furnace

LAN parties are awesome although most of our shit is online technically.Playing Halo Online every week now, would play Forge but the 37gb download might discourage new players.

I thought so to for a while, but newer games are starting to cram too much detail into things for 1080p and today's anti-aliasing techniques look like shit compared to the MSAA of yesterday that doesn't work with modern engines.

That being said, I'm with you on 4K 30 being silly. I don't have a 4K monitor, just AMD Virtual Super Resolution, and I generally just play at native resolution locked to 60. 4K 30 is just for admiring the graphics occasionally. It really does make a difference, even without a 4K display.

1440p 144hz seems like a more sensible way to go when buying a monitor than 4K at the moment.

649 £ = $842. It was in the low $800 range. i5 6600K and and reference RX 480 8GB were $210 and $240 respectively.

Guess I was underestimating how much more expensive parts are over there, unless you were looking at i7 6700Ks.

If you need to move around a lot or don't have room for a desk, get a laptop

Overwatch can run on a fucking 750ti you mong.

>tf2
>light
Maybe on the graphics card but most certainly not the CPU

I wasn't sure if you meant i56600k or i76700k so I averaged it out. Honestly a pc with an i56600k and a rx480 for 800$ still seems too cheap. People often forget to factor in the case, monitor, hdd and cables.

I'll bite, how would you go about a 500-600 USD build?

And? We can both play the game, that's all that matters you faggot.

Coming from someone who worked on QA for a laptop repair line, and who undestands some engineering principles associated with both, I strongly advise sticking away from cheaply made systems if you do go laptop.

Anything made by something like ASUS/MSI is basically binned electronics, rarely tested, that are built here sometimes but with parts from China.

Typically like I stated, these bigger companies (dell included) are going to be buying smaller knockoff projects and then calling these their own.

They all do stupid shit for warranty repairs if you ever need one. Like Toshiba, they will offer cheap solutions to any problem of design you experience later.

Honestly those these same problems infect motherboard/graphics card for desktops (asus/evga/msi) because ITS ALL THE SAME FUCKING PLACE and allways the same stupid fuck that has no idea whats going on designing it. I'm talking "We accidently fucked up and included improper grounding for the touchpad so it literally shocks people who use 120v outlets, and sometimes even normal american setups"
"Alright well lets just add a bit of tape instead of something properly constructed and handed out that would actually solve the fucking issue"

The fact that both chips are mere inches away from each other, and share the same heat-pipe and fan?

Anyway, anything below 100*C, preferably below 90, is a-OK for me, and both for Intel´s and Nvidia´s components.

>but newer games are starting to cram too much detail into things for 1080p
Never seen such happen yet. If anything, the textures have gone BACKWARDS in way too many modern titles. The latest title I remember impressing me with its visuals and textures was Talos Principle; everything else´s been tons of filters and stock shaders piled on top of very mediocre base work visuals.

>today's anti-aliasing techniques look like shit compared to the MSAA of yesterday
Use SMAA.
Even 1x I´ve found to do wonders in many games (I use it on STALKER nowadays), almost completely ignoring 2D elements (hud, fonts...), and getting rid of jaggies.

>1440p 144hz seems like a more sensible way to go when buying a monitor than 4K at the moment.
definitely, but I´m not too keen on "upgrading" from 60hz either, seeing how 120-144fps seems to make people allergic to even 60fps performance nowadays. And some of my all time favorite games barely get 30.

And yeah, the prices in Europe are a lot higher. You can pretty much swap the $ -currency symbol with £ or €, and add that 24% VAT on top. Vola - EU prices!