youtube.com/watch?v=pWTSK5waNs8
youtube.com/watch?v=YPZtRmx1Dyk
youtube.com/watch?v=L-H19AfjQlM
youtube.com/watch?v=YVTR8lTnnx8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ga8KbMcUfm8
youtube.com/watch?v=mvsMn05WtaI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5JZn1xPkNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope they let obsidian make another fallout because everything they create is a festering turd.

Fallout 4 was the first Bethesda game I dropped after a few hours and never went back to

Thank god for piracy

"Skyrim took years for my to compose and it was constructed very carefully."
>entire soundtrack is part TES theme rehash, part drums, and part HUH HUH HWAH
>dungeon ambience is the same generic "ruins music" that every game ever has stolen from Indiana Jones

Soule did good work in Morrowind and Oblivion, but it's obviously all gone to his head. He sounds like a spoiled child, and judging from how you could only get the soundtrack off of his own personal website (not sure if that changed ever) it's clear he's completely full of himself.

wait but isnt that ost just morrowind music

I finished it and i hated how they swapped the classic fallout feel and atmosphere and world with their wacky so fun 50's in the future

i just don't understand the retardation of this company, worst thing is they keep swallowing franchises like a black hole and shit them out as turds

>and judging from how you could only get the soundtrack off of his own personal website
iTunes has it.
It's completely different from Morrowind music.

Just because it's more atmospheric, while still retaining the thematicism and romanticism Soule is well known for, doesn't make it bad.

This. Dunno why everyone praises skyrim's soundtrack so much.
For me, there was nothing meorable aside from like 3 tracks and the main theme (especially the cover from the dragonborn DLC trailer, which i never saw a full version of)

I reckon they're alright, their games might not be the deepest but they're hardly bad for what they are.
They also publish some neato stuff like new Wolfenstein and Doom.

They had something going with FO3 and Skyrim but they showed that they have no creativiy with FO4. Instead of expanding their gameplay in many games, they keep finding ways to make it even more simple than it already was

They are the kings of just putting things into their games for the sole purpose of making the player go "WOW LOOK AT THAT!" in their first playthrough

There is no depth to their games, if you find a gameplay gimmick interesting then you will probably be dissapointed because their games' novelty runs out pretty fucking quick

>Instead of expanding their gameplay
Now hold it right there son, Fallout 4's combat was on a completely different level from 3/NV.
Better in just about every single way.

I don't know what this thread is about, but Jeremy Soule is actually a pretty good vidya composer. I mean, he's no David Wise, but it seems like most of the big names are Japs so he's one of the better Western composers.

I have lost faith in the fallout series, 4 felt like three steps back from NV and two steps back from 3.

Skyrim was dumbed down but fun, the next TES will probably be shit but maybe not since it is their baby.

Yeah I mean in terms of Western game composition, he's one of like a handful of good ones.

Oh shut up, I liked your music 16 years ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=9y96Y2JE5F8

but it's really the same thing over and over again.

Jesper Kyd is way better.

>better in every single way
>my automatic submachine gun does as much damage in a full magazine as this silenced peashooter can in 1 shot
>get rid of different types of ammo, have to repeadetly shoot enemies in the head, watch the blood leak out but only 5% of their HP is gone
>stop making unique weapons and just use the shitty Skyrim legendary weapon system

Sorry user. FO4's combat may be more fluid, but thats it, it is nothing but a repetitive clickfest interrupted by the occasional Super Mutant carrying a nuke

Morrowind had the best soundtrack by far

I think there's a lot of potential in their games, but they screw it up either due to incompetence or laziness.

I think they're terrible at what they do. They go to painstaking lengths to create immersive worlds with lots to do, but make interacting with it the most tedious and clunky thing possible.

You mean Oblivion.

I literally only know or pretend to care because of people around me that won't shut up about their games.

Kyd is fucking untalented shite for manbabies who think Hans Zimmer is a great film composer.
Nah Oblivion's was the best composed music.

They produce sandboxes that facilitate a massive community of modders.

For that, I am thankful.

Their games without mods are shit, though.

Yeah whatever fag, Soule has never ever done anything that comes close to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=9yIwPovQKxQ

youtube.com/watch?v=eZvhREeVTYo

Meh, in my opinion the combat actually feeling like a firefight trumps all those majorly.

No, you just prefer manbaby electronic music over actually well written music.

I love the style of their games. They make literally the perfect games to use mods and have a great experience. I finished modding my Skyrim today. Still need a good enb.

People say Bethesda is lazy which is kind of true but not many developers out there make such large-scale exploration games.

Skyrim soundtrack just isn't memorable like Oblivion's

The modding community is the reason why Bethesda can afford to be fucking lazy with their games

They optimized FO4 better than they could

An alright company who just want to survive in the big world of gaming and don't want to let go of their mainstream popularity.

In essecse their new games have been boring and basic as an RPG open world game can get, but it was effective in raking in the money.

They cannot be blamed for pursuing money, but it does suck that they don't appeal to the hardcore pen and paper type RPGers like they used to.

I love the Elder Scrolls games. They are great/easy to mod and there's so much content in the original games as well.

I feel like they could jazz it up a bit combat wise. I guess we will see where the new games take us.

honestly i fucking love bethesda, they have single handedly re-kindled my love for gaming i have put more hours into the entire Elderscrolls series from 3 and on than any other game series i have ever played besides the StarFox franchise

>Besides the Starfox franchise.

You'd better be referring to 64, the SNES game, and if not you'd better atleast be referring to Assault.

Skyrim had a great soundtrack.

Don't just look at the main theme and shit post, the ambience themes throughout the game is extremely immersing and well thought out

>mfw I've been replaying Skyrim recently with updated and new mods
>I just replaced all of Skyrim's music with that fantasy music replacer
>don't miss it in the slightest

Now if he made shit like this

youtube.com/watch?v=pWTSK5waNs8

I'd keep it.

Back to Cred Forums with all the pretentious hipsters

cancer. the dlc shit we have today can be traced back to them. then they tried pulling this paid mod garbage that will pop up again in the future. they are also lazy as shit by using the same old garbage engine for all these years

>Hans Zimmer isn't a great film composer
>that interstellar soundtrack

wew, found the organic contrarian

>pretentious hipsters
Hello teenager!

>MUH OPEN WORLD

Why do Shitthesda fanboys pretend bethesda makes good games? There are tons of open world sandboxes out there that look much better.

Why waste your time on bethesda crap when Assasins Creed, GTA , Witcher exists, the surperior open world sanboxes?

>I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG CENTURY

Interstellar is incredibly mediocre, a chord progression and an attempt to homage Strauss' Also Sprach Zarathustra but lacking any personality or creativity in approach.

I'm going to suck your dick for posting that exact track as an example for good err boreal forest music.

What are you even posting right now
What does this have to do with the fact that Jeremy Soule has a better grasp on composing music than Jesper Kyd

As long as Bethesda doesn't try to kill and buy Obsidian again

Hans Zimmer IS an objectively great filmscore composer, the difference is that he takes virtually every job he's offered and no one, no matter what medium they study, no artist, no matter how great, is going to create their best work every time. The more you produce the more shit you'll produce, but sometimes you get gold. Hans Zimmer produces a fuckton of soundtricks, his discography is absolutely massive, but I wouldn't say any of them are really "bad" he just produces a lot of really average shit. But when you look at his best works, they're really, really fucking good.

Mods, Bethesda games have a huge modding community supporting their games, they add shit people want to see changed or added

Seriously go play an unmodded Bethesda game and tell me how quickly you become bored of it

>starfox assault
heres to (You)

He reuses shit constantly

But most mods are just graphical upgrades. Assasins Creed Unity, Gta 5, Witcher 3 already looks fantastic.

You're just an autistic faggot who has to rag on "generally appraised" music because 1) contrarianism tickles your pickle and 2) fedora tier grasp on musical theory

And the autism warps your emotional range

Interstellar's use of sound and silence was 10/10
The only thing better than the soundtrack in the film is the soundtrack in a clear night sky in the middle of fucking nowhere at high sea with nothing up there by the stars
>I've experienced this

Literally the high point of that adventure

neckass

Bet you gon' bitch about his soundtrack on Dunkirk too

Sing a single theme by him.
Not a harmony progression.
A theme.

>Seriously go play an unmodded Bethesda game and tell me how quickly you become bored of it

I wouldn't really count on that, people have played Skyrim for literally several hundreds of hours on consoles on a single character.

>I don't know anything about music, and actively hate anyone who does.
Wow, you're pathetic. Stick to videogames.

>Kyd is fucking untalented shite for manbabies who think Hans Zimmer is a great film composer.

Still doesn't contradict his statement of him being way better.

You know he wrote the fucking lion king soundtrack, right?

Besides of what i've said a lot of people prefer to play as "Unnamed chosen one" rather than Giralt, Ezio, Michael or whoever, gives them more room to roleplay and customize themselves

Even if Witcher is an RPG you lose some of its substance if can't play as anything else other than the guy on the cover

He's better to people without taste.
There's no correct answer, just one preferred by people who, you know, listen to music avidly.
You know there isn't a single notable theme on that soundtrack written by him?

>music is hard science and anything treading outside my finely defined autism backed imaginary lines is bad
Wow, you're pathetic. Stick to finger painting.

>the circle of life
>not a recognizable theme

I mean you certainly have demonstrated you know nothing about music. Unless you can prove otherwise?

only Cred Forums has more underage than Cred Forums

Or just that the correct answer is that they both suck. Oblivion lacked anything as memorable as Daggerfall.

They really need to stop dumbing down their games and removing features only to replace them with nothing at all.

Also, as someone who enjoys both Jeremy Soule and Skyrim - Skyrim's soundtrack is utterly unremarkable. I can't remember a single memorable track, and that's after sinking hundreds of hours into it.

Why the fuck would anyone want to sit through a Skyrim concert? Oh wait,

>London

Shit taste as usual, bonglanders.

This is a joke right?

>Roleplay
>Bethesda games

>my automatic submachine gun does as much damage in a full magazine as this silenced peashooter can in 1 shot
because you dont invest in automatic perk. Automatic's dpses are far higher and stun enemies more frequent. If a high level melee appear around the corner you, no amount of sniper fire can save you

>get rid of different types of ammo, have to repeadetly shoot enemies in the head, watch the blood leak out but only 5% of their HP is gone

again, because you dont use the damage type they are weak again, dont use good weapons and dont invest in combat perks. as well as neglecting drugs... like in all previous fallouts

>stop making unique weapons and just use the shitty Skyrim legendary weapon system

Skyrim randomly enchant items but you can recreate it with the exception of some unique quest rewards. You cant recreate legendaries in fo4. And the fo4 legendaries you can buy are much more useful than skyrim, f3 or nv.
The lack of unique models are fucking lazy though. The pacifist perks and the syringe are a lot of fun to fuck around with.
All in all it all come down to number crunching and bug fixing if you want to fix fo4 combat. While nv and fo3 must be fixed from scratch.

this

>Unless you can prove otherwise?
Yeah lmoa like I prove to /an/ that I know about animals by posting my biology major certificate or how I know politics by showing my party membership card lmoa fuck off you autist where do you think you are, linkedin?

The simple fact that I appreciate Interstellar's soundtrack and that you don't is enough of a demonstration, even if just in comparative terms to >(you)

Isn't Daggerfall the procedurally generated one that would eventually get too big to run properly if you played it long enough?

It really doesn't. Fantano and Death Grips brought a shitload of teens to Cred Forums.

anyway, Secret of Evermore was Soule's best video game soundtrack

Got their fame with mods, each game will be less moddable. Let's pray TES VI is not like Fallout 4.

Soule's true masterpiece is Guild Wars 1. That game was comfy as hell on its own but with Soule's music it will forever be the pinnacle of perfection and nostalgia to me.

Skyrim had fantastic soundtrack. Why people call it bad? It is so peaceful.

youtube.com/watch?v=YPZtRmx1Dyk

I used to love them but the drop in quality between skyrim and Fallout 4 is just astounding.. It's literally just becoming, "Lets make them a ugly sandbox with ghouls and shit." Immersion and lore have been trashed, NPC quality is shit. Mods cant even save FO4 its fucked. I have literally 0 fucks to give about any future bethesda titles.

>pixel titties
>titanic game world (filled with nothing) and thousands of towns (that all look the same)
>those fucking dungeons

It was quite memorable indeed, just mostly not in a good way.

Asscreed has nice art. But the playground is extremely inorganic and shallow. Enemies variety can be counted on one hand. Bosses are a bunch of cutscene with puzzle mixed in between. "Gameplay" consist of linear powerup and push the right button in the right time, even oblivion parry timing is more strict and the enemies dont fuck around. Same for gta, nice looks and sounds, fun story, shit gameplay loop with no variety. To add more salt, both games dont want to be modded.
Witcher? 1 and 2 aint even open world. 3 has no gameplay variety. All builds boil down to sword&roll, especially bosses, you cant beat them anyway but. Shit gameplay loop but more engaging than diablo atleast.

Only open world game that have captured my attention more is divinity:OS. And calling it an open world is a stretch.

I can't think of anything in Oblivion I liked as much as youtube.com/watch?v=L-H19AfjQlM besides the Pirates of the Caribbean sounding main theme.

I mean yeah Oblivion has some good ambience tracks but it all blends in together, I mean they could have at least had different tracks play for Oblivion gates other than the dungeons track.

Yeah that's the one.

I mean it did take him years to compose all that stuff for Morrowind he then blatantly reused for Skyrim, so he's not TECHNICALLY wrong.

>Being this delusional

>Music has to be melodic and memorable to be good.

Nursery rhymes confirmed as best music of all time.

Look, a fully moveable, zoomable, rotatable real-time 3d dungeon map sounds extremely useful on paper, and hadn't been done by then. It took the industry Daggerfall to find out that maps actually are really nice in just plain old 2d.

Seeing as the soundtrack for Interstellar was widely praised and liked I'd say Zimmer knows a bit about music.

It's a real shame that no one ever tried to make a game similiar to them, because I feel like almost every fucking studio in the world could do a better job at it.
Sadly though they seem to have found the perfect formula for making the most amount of money while also putting in the least amount of effort.
Fallout 4 follows the Skyrim formula to a fucking tee. It's ridiculous. Their next game is going to be like Skyrim and the next game after that.

I would think anyone, especially Obsidian would be wary of having Zenimax as a publisher

>Assasins Creed, GTA
kill yourself
>Witcher
This is a completely different experience from any of the Elder Scrolls games.

To be honest I think that's the sole secret behind Bethesda's popularity. There's a shitload of people who write better character or plots, who make better quests or RPG-systems, who create combat systems that are miles ahead of any of TES games. There are tons of games that have better art direction, that just straight up look and sound better, that are much more polished and all-around more well-crafted, but NONE, absolutely none of them can evoke the same feeling as TES does.

I don't know what's that about TES, first person perspective, the kind of unique controls, the ability to pick up whatever you want and bring to your house to decorate, the ability to talk to absolutely anyone, the feeling of """freedom""" (as in go wherever you want, sadly you're pretty much set in stone in terms of writing) or what else, I have no idea. But it's pretty much a fact that the overly saturated market of the open world RPGs just can't provide you with a game that can compete with TES on its own field

Mods will fix it

When the XL engine is released

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
FAGGOT SHIT FUUUCK

Everybody shits on Skyrim because it's the new cool thing to do.

That being said, there are quite alot of things the game falls short in. The war, dragons, and the game pacing is mostly where the faults are. Nothing happens without you. You have to initiate everything. There's no consequence for waiting an entire year in the game. The dragons don't destroy Tamriel. Nothing. The war never gets finished unless you pick a side. And when you finally do something, there's almost no consequences for anything you do. I think you get a piece of dialogue or something about the war ending.

>But

In the sheer amount of shit to do, I can't say I'm dissapointed. I'm on my like 3rd playthrough, and I'm still finding new stuff to do, and quests I never found, and shit like that. I never bought Hearthfire when I was a consolebabby. So now I've gotten to build a house. I found at least 12 quests I've never seen before this playthrough.

Skyrim has its faults, but it's nowhere near as bad as everybody says.

Now, on to Fallout 4.

The name fits it, because I had about 4 moments of enjoyment the whole time. It's like they took the absolute worst parts of skyrim, and the absolute worst parts of Fallout 3, and smashed them together, used Todd Howard's diarrhea as a sauce, and then served it with a side of voiced protagonist, and radiant quests. I KNEW it was going to be bad the EXACT SECOND they announced "settlements"

>Have you ever wanted to run your own settlement like Canterbury Commons? :DD
>No not re-
>Now you can! :DDD
>Fuck
>Also a phone game that is actually better than the main game itself!
>Wew boy.

When I play an open world game, I want to explore what the developers have made for me. Not make my own.

I quit playing before the DLC came out, but FarHarboring was literally a fucking Point lookout reskin. Nuka-World had a chance to be interesting, but of course anything that could be fun or interesting in Bethesda Fallout games is usually just raiders.

Hey Todd

What delusion? Everybody said the same about asscreed or gta. They worth one play through top. That's why one muse be cranked out as fast as humanly possible with drm and another must go online. Meanwhile Todd can make whatever he feels like and give not one shit about piracy.

Some of the laziest AAA devs out there, because they've realized that they don't have to make good games as long as they dump lots of money into advertising. That's why their games are so glitchy and bloated with half-baked features; they're made to be advertised, not actually played.
They get away with it because no matter how unfinished and poorly written their RPGs are, their audience will just keep eating that shit up and telling themselves that mods will fix it.

>literally shit all over skyrim/oblivion/morrowind
>"haha you said something good about the series, you must be Todd XD"

See, you're playing the "infinite amount of stuff to do" card, but Skyrim falls short in ALL of its aspects compared to its predecessors.

If you have a "stuff to do" boner, Daggerfall is better.

>It's a real shame that no one ever tried to make a game similiar to them,

I get what you mean. While there are lots of great open world rpg's out there, there are no complete "rip-offs" that use the first person view and the complete character customization that Bethesda games have. Kinda weird seeing as they're such huge sellers.

Maybe it's because the huge investment that'd be required to make something like that and investors being wary of completely new IP's of that size.

>In the sheer amount of shit to do, I can't say I'm dissapointed.
Well, it's not hard to make a lot of content when it's all shit. Content is just money and time.

You really are the lowest form if imbecile there is, and Cred Forums is full of your type. You also sound underage but it wouldn't surprise me if you weren't.

>finding new stuff to do

like going into a tomb filled with Draugr, right?

They really need to get their shit together. All the cutting of content in TES is really making the games hard to enjoy since mods can only do so much, and they really need to get their writers back because the last few games feel like they were hastily written by unpaid interns.

I adore TES mostly because of the setting and lore, but each installation feels like they are wasting more and more of it. And the more "advanced" the games become, the harder it will be for people like Trainwiz and other dedicated modders to fix it. Skyrim is so hard to enjoy even with 200 mods. Ive only done 1.5 playthroughs of the game. Meanwhile Morrowind is sitting at over 2000 hours and I still feel the urge to go back and play.

>money and time
>write the same rng algorithm we made 20 years ago using a 2d engine worse than wolfenstein 3d engine. Then hire the same voice actors to say 3 more generic lines.

>because it's the new cool thing to do.
I mean, not only it's a retard phrase, but shitting on skyrim is definitely not a "new cool" thing to do seeing as it's been out for 5 fucking years.
Honestly I don't want to read all your post, but if you say that Skyrim > Fallout 4 then you're absolutely right. The problem is, any actually compelling RPG > Skyrim.

hey man, i fucking hate skyrim, and even i know there is more to the game than radiant quests.
dont be stupid when arguing about what you hate because that makes your arguments look stupid

>because I feel like almost every fucking studio in the world could do a better job at it.
There's been some that aped the single player, open world RPG thing, Gothic and Kingdoms of Amulur(?). They fell into the trap of having boring, grindy side quests though. Interesting which way Bethesda's quests are going, you'd think they'd have learnt from seeing their competitors fail.

What is so fucking good about morrowind, seriously? I was thinking of maybe trying it out but each time i see gameplay it looks like utter dogshit.

>tfw have been putting out Witcher 1 for like 5 years because couldn't stand the shitty combat
>force myself to finally do that a couple of weeks ago
>a few days after it's one of my favourite games ever
JUST DO IT

They are large-scale because they are empty as fuck or have more than 50% of the map rehashed ie Skyrim having more Draugr Dungeons than anything else, i can't remember any good Dungeon or Quest that didn't involved killing Draugrs, the Dungeons with the Dwarven machinnery were cool but bland and scarce but huge (which didn't make it any favors), and the only good looking dungeon i remember is the one with all the mushrooms and big open underground cave.

Point is their games cost as little time, effort and money as possible.

Gothic 1 came out a year before Morrowind and Gothic 2 in the same year as Morrowind. These games didn't try to copy Elder Scrolls and are actually really fucking different from them.

And Kingdom of Amalur is fucking third person and has as such already failed as being in any way similiar to the elder scrolls games.

The problem is 99% of all stuff to do is mmo tier fetch/kill quests

For me the interesting, alien world is the main reason.

You know those boring fetch quests everyone hates in RPGs? Well they're in Morrowind, but you don't mind because just looking around and exploring is the real draw to the game. Similarly the combat is ass, no matter how much you understand it, but the enemy designs are cool and encountering them is just a part of exploring.

Basically it depends on how much shit you can stomach for the world building.

I've put a little over 100 hours into it because Cred Forums said it was good, and I want them all back. Don't make the same mistake I did.
The combat is bland, getting anywhere is tedious as fuck because you move at old-man-with-a-walker speeds, the sidequests are all either bland or poorly written,and I don't think I met a single character in those entire hundred hours that was even remotely memorable.

>The name fits it, because I had about 4 moments of enjoyment the whole time.

>There's been some that aped the single player, open world RPG thing

Clearly wasn't a direct comparison.

>They are large-scale because they are empty as fuck

Skyrim was absolute ass gameplay wise but Fallout 4 at least took some steps forward. I'm hopeful.

>Play Skyrim for hours, the combat themes recycle to a point i want to evade combat alltogether to don't listen this youtube.com/watch?v=YVTR8lTnnx8

Is this even Soule's first concert? I feel like this is more of a Bethesda PR thing than anything. That said, he is a cool dude and I'm glad he can hear his stuff live in front of an audience.
>you could only get the soundtrack off of his own personal website (not sure if that changed ever) it's clear he's completely full of himself.
And dunegeon siege and his other works. He has been doing it for forever, it's not an ego thing, it's a "you seriously never get the chance to easily get soundtracks, here you go'.
Soule is into eurobeat and the jpop scene, he understands
>MY WEEB GAME I'LL NEVER HEAR IT'S BEAUTIFUL MUSZAC
So he has your back.

He also wasn't the only one to work on the Skyrim OST, his wife helped too IIRC.
>Says Oblivion is okay when it's just Morrowind 2.0, but that some how makes Skyrim bad
>Implying you've listened to Soule's work at all, because it's pretty much just variants of the Morrowind/Oblivion soundtracks errytime
Still comfy familia

Fields of Ard Skellig was a better Skyrim track than any Skyrim tracks.

The world is actually unique and interesting for once and makes at least some sense, all the loot is handplaced so you actually feel like searching for things makes sense, and when you play as a mage you can completely break the system and become a human god that goes around killing other human gods

In fairness that's not the music being bad, just that there isn't more of it.

>Gothic quests
>boring in comparison with clearing Ghouls/Draughrs

Gothic had pretty much GTASA tier variety in quests.

And there is nothing interesting with exception of the glowing sea, the guy who operated a meat factory and the museum of witches which was only about a Death-Claw.
You can make a big world and fill it with map markers and enemies but it will still be empty if you don't add anything else to do, want an example of missed oportunity? where you meet cait at the colliseum, you can't bet or do anything with it, it just dies after you rescue Cait from there.

Give me ONE good reason to boot up any Shitthesda game after completing this.

So you can laugh at the writing level of the company.

Fun fact, Jeremy Soule composed that as well.

Bethesda/Zenimax is EA with a different coat of paint and an army of rabid fanboys, who'll excuse their shody work.

The lore is bretty good tbqh

But really, after The Witcher 3, Bethesda HAS to rethink how they do open world games.
Just by comparing The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, you know how much behind Bethesda is currently.

>The World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Soundtrack was composed and arranged by Russell Brower, Derek Duke and Glenn Stafford. It was released together with the collector's edition of the game.

huh

fuck

The first two times were vanilla, I was drawn to the unique world and lore. I wanted to do things differently.in these two playthroughs and experience the content I couldnt do in just one play, unlike Skyrim where you can just do everything even if it doesnt make sense.

After that it was because I learned how to abuse the system and turn myself into an unstoppable god.

After that it was mods, because to this day Morrowind still has the most dedicated modders. I mean fucking Terry Prattchet made Morrowind (and Oblivion I think) mods. And the amount of shit to do in just Trainwiz's mods are unreal.

As for the combat, its old school dice roll-dnd combat, and its not great. But at least after an hour (assuming your not retarded at distributing stats and understanding basic systems) you never miss anymore and it becomes co.pletely bearable. Unlike Oblivion and Skyri. W
where enemy health will skyrocket at some point and it just becomes a game of click til it dies.

Also the magic in Morrowind is a million times better and more diverse.

I doubt they would be able to improve to the level of Witcher 3. Also something tells me CDPR is saving Cyberpunk 2077 to release with Elder Scrolls VI.

The lore is barely in the game though. You can just go to the imperial library site if you want to read cool lore.

>But really, after The Witcher 3, Bethesda HAS to rethink how they do open world games.

Not really. Your comparison exactly sound because those two games focus on different things. Witcher 3 is still a story-heavy RPG that simply uses open world for immersion more than anything else, while Bethesda's games are basically virtual sandboxes for you to fuck around in and maybe get to the story when you feel like it. Their focuses as games are radically different.

I noticed something
>Witcher 1
>Old as fuck
>When it rains people get under cover o enter taberns and homes with the exeption of guards
>Fallout 4
>It's raining and there is people sitting on chairs like any normal day

I like em. For all the shit they get they're the only company out there who take 5 years each to churn out these open world rpgs of which no one is making the same type of. There are many open world games to be sure, but none that go for the elder scrolls formula.

I think Bethesda gave up on the whole grand and pressuring story in favor of an empty overworld sandbox designed to not clash with mods. The whole schtick of Skyrim was that after you killed the first dragon near Solitude you are basically done with the "mandatory" mainline quests introduction and are free to do whatever the fuck you want.

It's actually pitiful how bad their writers are and how much they're still largely coasting on what Kirkbride wrote over a decade ago. I think this really became obvious in Fallout 3 when Obsidian ran circles around them writing-wise when they released New Vegas.

Enderal's been pretty fun to be honest but yeah, I getcha fampire.

the second and third witcher were utter dogshit, only the first one was good

i like it how they even remodeled the characters completely to resemble hollywood people and the writing was equally stupid

I think they are wonderful! Make sure you guys buy the new Fallout DLC! It's da bomb man! Dank memes and pepe and stuff ammirite guys? Buy it ;)

damn those are some huge mods

Bethesda is like the abusive father of the Family. With Fallout being the abused Child, and Obsidian being the divorced mother.

Also Gamebryo is a shitty engine.

My thoughts on bethesda...
They're an alright dev, they don't mind doing what they have envisioned and ignoring everyone else which I respect because most devs are copycats copying copycats at this point, but when it comes down to so many of them end up copying bethesda in the long run, games like mgs5 and farcry 3 wouldn't exist in their current state if it wasn't for skyrim, not that bethesda can be blamed for ubisoft and koijima's shitty copies of the TES formula.
That and they're one of the few devs who still allow full blown modding, which I respect too.

Shame obsidian is a drug addict who can't keep their shit together for a full game, even after bethesda gave them a chance...

>Fallout is Bethesda's wife's son

>write an entire functioning fictitious language
>write song lyrics in said language that are both coherent and melodic
>bring actual singers in for the first time in Elder Scrolls history to mime the sound of dozens of singing vikings
>some autist faggot on Cred Forums "yeh dis wuznt evan taht gud anyhow, preity much da saem as earlyer gaems but w/ huh huh hwah"

kys

far cry 3+ is closer to asscreed than tes.

how can someone be this stupid

The only thing far cry 3 took from asscreed was climbing towers, everything else was just skyrim with guns.

All that criticism without any mentiom of theory. What a lovely critique...

They did pretty with New Vegas with the time they had.

Nah, especially considering they were already given a fuckton of assets and a fully functional engine to work with.

Or the robot races you come across that just all attack you. It's like they wanted to do something but just didn't get around to it.

Bethesda as cunts.

>old assets that look like ass
>old engine that is the same shit engine they used in F3
They did a much better game than Fallout 3 from scrap Betheda gave them

Todd needs to fire his old college animator buddy and get proper animators on-board.

>fully functional engine

user?

>old engine that is the same shit engine they used in F3
...And? It's fundamentally exactly the same game user, the only things they added were weapon mods, different types of bullets, and DT, all of which were minor shit at best. And hardcore mode, which is terrible.

It's not that hard to transcribe music. Hipsters don't like writing their work down for the same reason Socrates and Plato didn't.
Obsidian made the worst fallout game I've ever played.

>going on 5 games now
>only obsidian had problems with it
Clearly this is bethesda's fault.

what a salty faggot. the score belongs to bethesda now so they can do whatever they want with it. i'm sure he could contact the organisers and probably get involved with the fans in some way, but he'd rather sit behind a computer screen and cry because nobody really gives a shit about him.

Never understood why people still like Soule.

He was good once but nowadays his music all sounds the same

>he didn't get all achievments for oblivion on xbox 360

Assault is the most clear example in the world of a "half-good" game.

>fully functional engine

Is this bait?

Oh it is.

>4 companion quests
What's the point in even using them?

No you're right, obsidian's inadequacies as programmers are clearly completely bethesda's fault.
That's why all of their games are unfinished, it's bethesda!
Worst part is almost all of their games are made on functional prebuilt engines, a-la kotor.

not him but why is not fully functional?

I don't even remember any of the Skyrim music.

>What is an actual good story for once
>What is making the game an actual RPG instead of a do wathever you want who cares like in F3
Alpha Protocol might be shit gameplay wise but it has one of the more engaging stories i ever played in vidya, much better than anything crafted by Bethesda, and thinking they could make miracles out of garbage makes you dumb, one can polish a turd but can't change the fact that is a turd, just like modders can't change the fact that Fallout 4 and Skyrim have problems within it's core that prevent them from being good no matter how many mods you plast in them.

At this point I just want to see how they can manage to fuck up their newest game even more than the last one

It's kind of impressive at this point

>He thinks new vegas's story is GOOD
Holy shit you're a fucking philistine man, that story was garbage, generic revenge plot for half the game which dies off into an irrelevant faction choice that your character has nothing to do with.
Same piece of shit story as fallout 4 you idiot.
>Alpha Protocol might be shit gameplay wise but it has one of the more engaging stories i ever played in vidya,
That's because you are a scrub and only play shit games that come up cheap on steam.
If you removed alpha protocol's terrible gameplay all you're left with is a telltale visual novel.

>Revenge plot
So you didn't played the game, ok Todd.
And as a fact i pirated Alpha Protocol and then i bought it because i liked it.

To hold extra shit for you if you didnt feel like "cheating" and upping your carry weight via console commands.

>FIND BENNY
Yeah clearly not a generic revenge plot, no it's all about a courier going above and beyond the call of duty to on a suicide mission to retrieve something he has no vested interest in, because that's not substantially worse.
All things considered I gave it the benefit of the doubt when I called it a generic revenge plot, because that would ACTUALLY MAKE SOME FUCKING SENSE.

>You were shot
>You want to know who and why
>It never tells you if it's because you want to kill the person or just know what the fuck happend because it leaves the player the choice.
Clearly forced and generic as Bethesda.

Had some great tracks imo. Kyne's Peace and a few others were great when the aurora appears.
Oblivion has the best soundtrack out of any game imo, but Morrowind has a better main theme.
Jesper Kyd's Ezio's Family and Ice (one from Borderlands) are also great tracks.
RDR also has a good track in terms of the setting but it isn't one you really remember bar far away.

>You want to know who and why
Nobody wants to know who and why user, that's why it's fucking stupid and poorly written.
Everything in the mojave and every fallout game tries to kill you, you don't get an existential crisis every time a fucking raider attacks you.
> it leaves the player the choice
At which point benny disappears regardless and your choice is irrelevant, great, there goes the entire main story. I'd like to point out you can forgive the guy who killed your wife in fo4 too. SUPER DEEP CHOICES!

Wrong thread?

You don't have an existencial crisis because before that you were just a fucking courier, your package was stolen and you were killed without an explanation, god did you played the game?

Sorry lots of people were discussing the games track and I got sidetracked as to what the thread entailed.
As for Bethesda I do like them. However, they need to sort the engine scrap Fallout 4 (sell it off) and stick to what they are good at TES.

>MEMORABILITY IS THE BE-ALL END-ALL MEASURE OF QUALITY IN MUSIC

I really wish this mindset would fucking die

>you were killed without an explanation,
>god did you played the game?
Did you? He killed you for the chip, he has the chip now, there's no personal beef between you two so who gives a fuck what he goes off and does, his motivations aren't your motivations, that's why this game is poorly written, it expects you to give a shit about things no rational person would ever give a shit about. Even watching your wife die in fo4 made more sense than this tripe.
Any sensible human being would just dust themselves off and be glad they're not dead.

>You have a package to deliver to a person for money.
>Someone steals your package
>You either go back with no money (In a post apocalyptic society with raiders) or you go get the package.

Not that user, but this is the mindset for the courier.

As if anybody cares about SHIT music for a SHIT game, nobody remembers a single fucking track from that game that isn't the trailer music "SUCK A DICK, SUCK A DICK, THIS GAME SUCKS FUCKING DICK! EAT A DICK, EAT SOME DICK, THAT'S WHAT SKYRIM FANS DO! I LOOOVE THE COCK, LOVE THE COOOCK SO SO MUCH, LOOVE THE COCK LOVE TH-

Your courier office gets shot up and everyone killed, even if he went to the fullest extent of his power (complaining to your manager) he would have nobody to complain to.
It's not like he's going to send people to hunt you down when he's incapable of getting shit done without you.
Has any fedex employee every sworn to go on a suicide mission for you when your package is missing or late? Because I've never gotten that kind of treatment personally.

Shut the fuck up retard, Skyrim may be a shit game but fuck me if the soundtrack wasn't top fucking tier.

JRPGs wish they could get Soule to compose for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ga8KbMcUfm8

youtube.com/watch?v=mvsMn05WtaI

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5JZn1xPkNI

Why are musicfags so fucking obsessed with 'theory'? If a song sounds good, it's good. Simple as that. Once you start talking about theories and shit I honestly could not be fucked listening to you anymore. The music is forgettable, no matter what your shitty theories tell you.

You are thinking in a normal society.

Money in an apocalyptic society is crucial since it's either that or chems that raiders want from you. A job would probably be the only thing you have. That's why so many NCR soldiers are undertrained and useless. A job means some protection and if you aren't earning money, you are not going to be in job and thrown out to the wild dogs of the wasteland.

Money is worthless in new vegas and you can make metric fucktons of it with no effort, ontop of which house offers you 1000 caps for the chip and 1000 caps for each snowglobes you bring him, so all things considered dropping your shitty courier job and becoming a full-time snowglobe hunter seems like a much better plan than the shitty rational the game gives you to proceed through the main story by going on a suicide mission.

>the circle of life
hans zimmer didn't make that

Nier has a better soundtrack than anything Soule has ever composed.

Literally some weabo shite. just

Why would Japan want Jeremy Soule when they have far better composers like Keiki Kobayashi, Keiichi Okabe, Hitoshi Sakamoto, Yasunori Mitsuda, Kazuki Yanagawa, Daisuke Achiwa, Hayato Asano, and Ken Nakagawa?

I would love to go to a Bloodborne concert

Bullshit is bullshit, i'd rather listen to people who truly care about their craft. Not some fuck with an ear for numbers.

The main theme is honestly the only track that I can recall from memory.

Western devs take the term "background track" a little too literally.

This. The soundtrack was the best part of Skyrim.

As a pretty big musicfag, I really don't give two fucks about theory, but that's because I'm the type who writes by ear.

Not him, but as with other examples of the arts, the whole point behind music is to communicate with the listener, generally for the purpose of enjoyment.

These precious theories of yours either exist as pretentious masturbation (useless) or as a discussion on how to best achieve the aforementioned ends. If you have to join in on the pseudo-intellectual circlejerk in order to appreciate the results of the theory, then you have the former. If you've succeeded in the latter, then someone who doesn't know a single word of music jargon and who's never sat in on a lecture or read a text book will still enjoy the end result to the fullest.

Jeremy Soule is a god, Bethesda is not.

Literal autism. Seek help.

>Cred Forums hates Skyrim so they probably hate its soundtrack
>D... do I fit in yet guys? ;_;