Would this game have found more success if it were on PS3?

Would this game have found more success if it were on PS3?

It would still be mediocre, so no.

Maybe in jap land.

You telling me mediocre games don't find success?

Most people were only playing JRPGs to get to the non-JRPG content (moe blob VN segments and such) that gen, so I doubt it.

Probably would be as appreciated as some much as those Vesperia games or w/e.

Close to Nier, but not as cult.

Only if it was called Final Fantasy 13

>literally the best 7th gen jrpg
>mediocre

We just talking consoles, or does the DS count?

of course

It was the last real final fantasy after IX

Rest in pepperonis franchise.

Well, it would've come out when PS3 was literally a no games machine, so that probably would've helped its sales since all those people were waiting for something to play. Plus the whole thing with Japs having a hateboner for waito piggu Xbox didn't help it any.

However, it's plausible that the only reason it exists in the first place was Microsoft's exclusivity deal, like Bayonetta 2. MS were desperate to make up ground in Japan back then - they signed tons of exclusives, like Blue Dragon, Idolm@ster, Guilty Gear 2, even those two weird Naruto games made by Ubisoft. It could be the case that the game was only on the table in the first place because Microsoft were footing the bill.

Is it worth picking up a 360 for 80 bucks or whatever it is now just for this? Its the only game on 360 that stayed exclusive that I ever had any interest in and I could never convince myself paying 100+ dollars for one game was a good idea.

It just got backwards compability for xbox one

Maybe.
But jrpgs where dead when it came out in the west, so it might have been a small Japanese market. That exclusive 360 tales game made more money when it came in Japan on the ps3.

Yes it would have.

Two reasons:
1. The 360 was NOT for niche Japanese games. All the casuals playing Forza and Halo 3 had no interest in a JRPG that doesn't have "final fantasy" in its name. Yet for some reason Jap devs dumped a bunch of exclusives on the 360.

2. 360 sales in Japan are garbage. Not only were they putting a JRPG on a system that the japanese didn't want, but they put the game on a system that had literally a lifetime of 20,000 units sold in Japan.

The game should have been Wii exclusive to be honest.

bump

Still begging for games ten years later

>DS
>RPGs

What was there besides TWEWY and Spirit Tracks?

how does a game with a shitty story and bad characters get this much praise

>Zelda game is an RPG

Not to mention there's tons of RPGs for DS you fucktard

don't post anymore

>It was the last real final fantasy after IX
I enjoyed this game because it had IX's AP system

heh...baited, kiddo

Radiant Historia
Strange Journey
Rune Factory 3
and a truck load of remakes.

Nope. The price point of the PS3 was fucking terrible that early. It would probably have been seen as a big risk after critics pan it as mediocre by hironobu standards. I don't think it even makes it west.

It's backwards compatible for the Xbone now, just happened recently.

Total shot out of nowhere, but it's a pleasant surprise.