Help me Cred Forums

>got paid
>bored as fuck
>want a new game
>can't decide

Is Overwatch still worth buying/playing if I missed the launch rush? Is Hitman really that good? As great as it sounds, is Doom worth it just for a relatively short singleplayer?

It's never too late to start playing Overwatch, all you missed out on were some exclusive summer cosmetics which were mostly ugly.

Overwatch is fun but it definitely gets old. DOOm is ultra fun but the last few levels are so excruciatingly difficult that some people just stop playing. Haven't played any Hitman games since the shit storm that was Absolution.

hitmantm is good. i would just wait to buy once the season is over though which is soon

Don't but Overwatch. Play Paladins instead!

Yeah I'm mostly leaning toward the first 2, just wondering out of which I'll get the most bang for my buck.

That sounds alright, its still very active and looks stable for the near future?

Doom is the only noteworthy game out of the 3.

Buy yourself a hacked PS3

OW is the good choice if you want something to play on and off in the long haul. It will always be there, and always be active, so even after your initial burnout, you can go back if you cant think of anything to play.

DOOM is really good as well, probably the best FPS campaign in years. Havent played Hitman but I hear good things despite its episodic nature.

>Overwatch
Cash Shop game

>Doom
Denuvo game

>Hitman
Online Denuvo game

All three games are bad, but Doom has at least a decent framerate for its graphics

Overwatch is pretty fun imo but you gotta decide for yourself if you like that kind of game.

D44M is a rent only game, since you can beat it in about 2 days if you go at it on a weekend. That being said, it's still super fun

Hitman is fun as shit and I love it as a longtime fan of the series. It really goes back to the core gameplay.

Those are my opinions, OP. Hopefully you they help you a bit. I'd personally buy Overwatch since you can always go back to it and it's good to just jump in and play for 30 minutes. I would definitely advise against DOOM though unless you're a huge fan, I don't consider it worth the price

>its still very active and looks stable for the near future?
It's a blizzard game...

Overwatch if you have friends

Doom if you don't

Ignore Hitman

This is pretty on point Overwatch gets kinda old fairly quickly, Doom is incredible, but I never had any issues with the difficulty. It's a really fun ride for the single player, and it even has some replayability if you want to find all secrets and beat higher difficulties, but the multiplayer is pretty bland and forgettable. I put around 12h on the singleplayer and a couple on the MP, and I don't regret it. Hitman looks good, but I'm personally waiting for the season to finish, which is supposedly by the end of the year, so I'd wait and pick up a complete package.

As a team based game, is overwatch much worse as a lone player though? I always find with games like that its so much better with friends (which I don't have)

Thanks mate. This is more or less what I suspected, I just wanted some confirmation from people who've played both. I really want to play Doom but I do want something I can keep coming back to during this desert of good new games.

SC2 didn't take that long to die out to all but elite autism

See above question, does it make a huge difference to be solo?

Doom is goty

>but the last few levels are so excruciatingly difficult that some people just stop playing.
I played on the hardest difficulty and found it so fucking easy all the time that it was boring and almost dropped it but ended up playing through the entire thing cause it actually got to normal difficulty despite being on the hardest.
Those charge enemies are total bullshit though, they take like 9 rockets to kill on that difficulty.

>its still very active and looks stable for the near future?
There are still tons of people playing, and Blizzard dripfeeds content every month or so. If you have friends to play with, it's a great game, but if you're playing alone I'd go with Doom.

>SC2 didn't take that long to die out to all but elite autism
sc2 is hard to play
overwatch is casual

As someone who's only played Overwatch I have to recommend you get Hitman.

>Doom has at least a decent framerate for its graphics
do you really want screenshots to prove you wrong ?

I'm not great at fps games I'll admit, was playing on the second hardest difficulty. Had trouble with the last few levels the charging enemies are really fucking annoying I agree but I kept getting one shot by those green slime spitting ones and time I was distracted.

Decently active. I can usually get a match in under a minute for comp, and even under two minutes during what I'm guessing is the super dead hours of early morning
I'm terrible at the game and stuck in the lower ranks, so for all I know the upper crust might have a smaller playerbase

Soloqueue can be a grind, but the SR system for competitive is fucked up so it's easier to go in not giving a shit about rank. Competitive can have salty babies, but quickplay is super chill in comparison

I'm enjoying it, for what it's worth, but I can see how it can get old fast if you aren't as into it as I am
Only forty dollars though, so I'd say it's worth the price

Overwatch is a fun FPS but no singleplayer
D44M is a fun FPS but shit multiplayer.

Depends what you like man. Overwatch is cheaper so you could use the extra $20 to buy something else.

Scrrenshots are not some end all be all. DOOM looks great in motion.

>does it make a huge difference to be solo?
I'd say yes. On launch week I had a ton of fun playing with groups of 3-6 people, but now that everyone got bored of it, I can't play more than a couple alone without getting bored.

Memewatch have low skill ceiling and Hitman contains only 1 level. Doom is your best bet.

All you really had to do to win is equip that "glory kill from a distance" rune. The game instantly becomes a walk in the park, one without sex offenders around every corner.

If you want single-player: Doom.

If you want multiplayer that gets old really fast: Overwatch.

Dunno about Hitman, don't care.

Overwatch is an *alright* game but it has a complete lack of maps to where you play like 2-4 over and over and over due to the shitty matchmaking never giving you a decent rotation.

Doom is a fantastic single-player fps that will keep you coming back again and again, just like original doom games, blood and f.e.a.r.
Hitman is a return to the glorious times of blood money, but is not exactly finished yet. 2 more missions are coming out for the first season and 2 more seasons supposedly are underway.
Overwatch is a blizzard game. Make of it what you will.

Playing ranked solo in OW can be a huge tossup, usually you are paired with a team of 3-4 and another random more often than all randoms but for non ranked its fine for a solo player

I never hit up the runes, probably why I was so bad just didn't find a lot of them.

Pirate doom, buy hitman. If you feel guilty, buy doom when its $20 again.

Skip overwatch.

Doom is absolutely fantastic and a game everyone owes it to themselves to play in my opinion.

How much did you get paid OP?

Alright lads, thank you for all of your feedback.

Given that I'm a lone player on PC, its an old school style (FEAR games were some of my old favourites), its generally received fantastically and its on sale - I'm gonna go with DOOM.

I even have $6.25 in my wallet to use :)

Yeah, that's my main complaint of the game actually, if you don't spent 3 hours looking for secrets at least in one level, you will be fucked.
They should have removed half the secrets that were retarded and just give you the stuff normally on the way.

>NZ
Did you get a backpay on the DOL faggot?

fuck all of them, go for witcher 3

I work 30 hours a week. Its enough to live comfortably while still having my own time and sanity.

Already played through it to death mate

>pirate doom, buy hitman

You are pure cancer holy fucking shit.
At least Doom isn't a half-assed buggy mess.

Dude seriously fuck you. God damn.

>said a nu-gamer about nu-Doom

Good choice, I've played through the campaign 3 times. If you're any decent at shooters I would recommend it on Ultra-violence. The higher difficulty makes the game feel way more fulfilling, and isn't actually that hard.

And now the joy of living here

I played doom and overwatch, get doom, its much better

Could be worse. Try living in America with that kinda speed.

Ah depends which state really, but I do love this country.

I think geographically Oregon would be best for me but the population sounds insufferable. Like a country size Wellington

>30 hours
Flipping burgers or washing cars at intersections?

Office admin and """""""""server maintenance"""""""""

>not having Fiber installed
How does it feel to be country bumpkin in an ass backward nation OP?

And that pays well enough for 30 hour weeks?

We do have fibre here, just not in my new area which is further away from the city.

I should have 50mb VDSL here at least but the head tenant is a fucking retard and I'm not going to pay a severance fee for the pre-existing contract.

$20/h and rent is cheap when split with my gf. Its a lot more than I've lived on in the past

Reminder that John will continue to fuck this country up and import more shit that we don't need. The sooner he leaves the better.
Shieet I get $16/h and pay cheap rent with my cousins, still wouldn't pay 50 dollydoos for DOOM tho. Game is way too short for that price.

I'm just thinking if its really 9 or 10/10 then its worth it for even 12 hours. I think it'll be quite a lot more than that too with me looking around and replaying the game. As far as most forms of entertainment go (movies, bowling, night out, whatever) its very cheap for the hours you get.

YOU'VE GOT MAIL

Doom is fun, but level design gets progressively worse as you play after the 7 level or so. Point of no return are so lame in a game like this.

Also the corridor-arena formula can become old pretty fast, keep that in mind. Gunplay is very, very good and enemy variety is there, but I don't think the game is that well designed below all these components.

Overwatch hasn't really declined over time at all if that's what you're worried about, though it's definitely not a game for everyone. I enjoy it a lot and play it frequently for what it's worth.

>As far as most forms of entertainment go (movies, bowling, night out, whatever) its very cheap for the hours you get.
Your not wrong there example being clubbing? -$300 plus STI, Bowling? fuck that. Movies? the last decent movie I watched was Our Little Sister and that was fucking foreign film, not exactly spoiled for choice. At least videogames are healthy enough to not cause you to bash up your Mrs after one too many codys

Will be tearing through VBs and her arse later don't you worry mate.

Very true though. Aside from hiking, drinking and drugs there really is fuck all to do most of the time.