Which SMT 3DS games are worth playing?

Which SMT 3DS games are worth playing?

Bump for interest

Hearsay, but my buddy whose played every US released SMT game says that 4 is great, and soul hackers sucks

I would say all of them except for Persona Q.
Devil Survivor 1 &2 are tactical RPGs more in the style of something like FF:T
The other 3 are first person dungeon crawlers, although Soul Hackers definitely feels a bit antiquated compared to the other 2.

I have all of them except for PQ and theyve all been great

all of them but if you have to pick 1 go with Devil Survivor

Overclocked, IV/IV Apocalypse, Soul Hackers

all of them except Q.

I'm sure you already knew this.

DS:O > SMT4:A > DS2:RB > SMT4 > DS:SH >>> PQ
They're all worth playing, though. Also, keep in mind that SMT4:A is a sequel to SMT4. Persona Q is shitgarbage, only touch it if you really want playable Persona 3/4 fanfiction.

All but Persona Q. Maybe also skip Soul Hackers. Try to get Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the old DS.
My personal ranking is SMTIV > (Strange Journey if you count it) > SMTIV Apocalypse = Devil Survivor > Devil Survivor II > Soul Hackers > Persona Q

Persona Q is in no way an SMT game.

very interested that you say 4>A when at least everyone seems in agreement that the gameplay is improved is story rly that bad (fucking not out in eu yet jesus)

>Devil survivor
>Not IV

>IV and Apocalypse
>first person dungeon crawlers

How's SMT4A?

I'm thinking of getting it. But conflicted between it and AA6

Definitely not PQ.

>IV
It's bad. Smirk is fucking busted, the stat and balance changes were dumb, the guest demon art looks ugly as fuck, the writing is literally SMT I tier, guest party member AI is fucking retarded, the map is quite literally useless due to its design, and it's got a shaky difficulty curve that makes the game a bloody joke for the final stretch.
>IV Apocalypse
It's good. Mostly fixed smirk, much better difficulty curve, drastically improved demon art, and improved on IV's flaws in general. The writing kinda leans into the Devil Survivor 2 style a bit too hard for most mainline purists but personally I thought it was mostly inoffensive or fine.
>DeSu Overclocked
Good game. Strong story, solid SRPG gameplay with demon fusion, and generally quite enjoyable. Lots of content.
>DeSu 2 Record Breaker
See above, but with the caveat that the writing feels a good bit more shounen that seinen in comparison - which causes tonal disonance with more serious scenes at times. Also, some of the neutral bossfights are real fucking bullshit.
>Persona Q
It's a mediocre Etrian Odyssey clone. If you're the kind of person who loved P3/4 but got assflustered about how caricatured the cast were in the Arena games, avoid it like the plague. If you don't mind or outright enjoy really fucking dumb but fun writing and fanservice, go for it.
>Soul Hackers
Better than IV, and just as well written as DeSu 1. Certain elements have aged poorly despite it being a remake but honestly if you could play and enjoy the likes of SMT II or SJ then it shouldn't be a dealbreaker. Pretty decent overall.

Persona Q is more an Etrian game than anything. Don't listen to the people calling it shit though. If you like Persona and have enjoyed the gameplay Etrian Odyssey games provide, you'd enjoy it.

All of them are good

DeSu2>IVA>IV>DeSu>SH>PQ

You said it yourself, the gameplay is indeed improved but the story isn't as good as IV vanilla in my personal opinion.
And since IV is still enjoyable despite its gameplay faults it gets #1 spot for me.

Pretty fucking fantastic so far for me
Id go for it if you enjoyed Iv at all

DS2:RB > DS:O, although the general consenus on Cred Forums seems to say otherwise. They're both excellent anyway if you like tactical RPGs.

DeSu1 tends to get ranked higher because the story is more in-line with other SMT games tonally and the fanbase is extremely picky about that kind of shit.

bait

I'm on my 2nd playthrough of both DeSu's,storywise 1 is vastly superior however 2 has better gameplay
So far DeSu 1 is my fav between them

how

DeSu2 is pretty fucking mediocre outside the gameplay

Have you ever played an SMT game

Yes, and it certainly isn't better than IVA or DeSuO.