Fire Emblem

It's Friday, so it's time for a Fire Emblem thread.
What is your favorite
>Game
>Weapon from said game
>Unit
>Map
>Difficulty

>Game
Sacred Stones
>Weapon
Ragnell
>Unit
Either Hector, FeMorgan, or Lyn
>Map
Paralogue 12 from Awakening
>Difficulty
Lunatic all the way

>Game
Path of Radiance
>Weapon
Alondite
>Unit
Stefan
>Map
Couldnt tell
>Difficulty
Normal is comfy

>Game
Awakening since it was my first one
>Weapon
Goetia or Book of Naga, flashy spells are cool
>Unit
Take a guess
>Map
The Plegia Castle "escape" map was pretty neat
>Difficulty
Hard mode is the best balance

Sacred Stones
I don't really care about FE weapons
Joshua, with Sigurd and Ike tied for second.
The one where you fight Caellach and Valder in Ephraim's route
Hard.

Sacred Stones

Siegmund

Cormag, Joshua and Duessel

The one where you take your castle back from a traitor shagging his undead waifu on your dead dad's bed.

Hard / lunatic on newer games

Birthright a boring
Conquest a retarded fun
Revelations gave me aneurysm.

>Game
Fire emblem (7)
>Weapon
Sol Katti
>Unit
Lyn
>Map
26x Night of Farewells
>Difficulty
Hard

>Game
Fates
>Weapon
Waterwheel
>Unit
Xander
>Map
Conquest 11
>Dificulty
Hard

What you said about fates basically sums it up. I didn't know it was possible to some how fuck up that much with the story and characters. It somehow made Awakening's story look like a fucking masterpiece. And it doesn't help that Corrin is the fucking worst lord and character of his own game, and of the entire Fire Emblem series.

>Game
Fire emblem (7)
>Weapon
Killing Edge
>Unit
Joshua or Lonqu
>Map
Dont remember
>Difficulty
Normal

Corrin makes fucking Micaiah look good.

At least she has some snark. Corrin is so dull and boring I don't know why anyone would follow them.

They should have made Xander and Ryoma the respective main characters of their games. It would have made far more sense.

>Game
From a story standpoint, Sacred Stones. From a gameplay one, Conquest.
>Weapon
Ragnell
>Unit
FeMorgan
>Map
Fuck if i know, too many of them
>Difficulty
Hard

>Game
PoR, since it's the only one I've actually completed so far (I really need to start on 7 again and maybe do a new PoR playthrough so I can experience the downs brigade first hand)
>Weapon from said game
Don't particularly have a favorite weapon
>Unit
The Hunger
>Map
None in particular
>Difficulty
Indifferent, so long as it doesn't mess with basic game mechanics like PD's chopping out the weapon triangle

While Birthright is just boring, Revelations is straight up retarded and Conquest's story is just dumb, i'll forever defend that despite all of these flaws Conquest still has the best gameplay out of any Fire Emblem game so far.

>always get bashed for like sacred stones
>"hurr u liek de ez one"
>this thread is flooded by 8-fags
I-is this an elaborate troll?

>Sacred Stones
>Ivaldi / Reginleif / Shamsir
>Cormag / Natasha / Neimi
>scorched sand & last hope
>easy

Remember when you thought FExSMT was going to be good?

>implying it isn't

We get that you hate everything related to idols and are mad that Nintendo "betrayed" you but it's still a good game.

>Implying it is

Its an ultra weeb even more casual Persona 4 that has nothing to do with either SMT and barely anything to do with Fire Emblem.

Now fuck off back to /feg/

>dumb casualized persona gameplay with pants-on-head retarded everything else
>guys you only hate it because of censorship lol

I don't know shit about FE other than there are way too many Japanese swordsmen in Smash 4.

I just started playing the first FE a few nights ago. It's actually pretty neat and I wish I actually played these games as they came out.

I plan on playing Path of Radiance next via Dolphin. Does that fuck up the timeline?

Also, how is Fates? I wanna see some Nohr titties. If it were released on Wii U I would buy it. I don't own a handheld

>Does that fuck up the timeline?
The timelines of FE games are usually in pairs. So you can jump around a bit and not worry. Just play PoR before RD and you're set.
>Also, how is Fates? I wanna see some Nohr titties.
Depending on how much godawful story you can tolerate in exchange for great gameplay, Conquest ranges from abysmal to fantastic.

>really fucking want to play Awakening and Fates
>can't justify buying a 3DS for two games

when is 3DS going to be emulateable

Cool beans. Well I'm excited to see where the fuck Ike and Roy came from. Are there any elite pikemen/spearmen I can recruit? Anything akin to a dragoon?

guys I'm playing through FE4 for the first time, any advice? How do I pair guys/gals together to get non-shit kids? What are some units worth using (beyond Zigludo-sama of course)

>How is Fates

Depends on how you look at it.

Conquest is certainly a step up from Awakening's gameplay but has a horrendous story. I know Fire Emblem has never been big on plot but Conquest is actively insulting to the brain.

Birthright is the least dumb story but Fates is really stupid overall so that's not really an achievement. Gameplay wise it's Awakening with a few fixes. You'll find little challenge playing it if you've played an FE game before.

Don't even bother with Revelations; it's the worst of both worlds with gimmick maps and horribly balanced units. Anyone who isn't a royal isn't worth using.

As for the rest of Fates; terrible characters with the worst lord to date, support dialogue is shit, some great tracks in the OST but a few that can be really ear grating like the S-support theme. It's a solid game but it's got massive issues.

I think im going to regret sniper for kamui conquest... up to chapter 18 and married with selena at the moment.

Just get a used 2ds and home brew that suckedr

You don't want to play either of them.

Only conquest is good because of the gameplay, but the story and characters are fucking horrid.

The 3d is a fucking gimmick anyways, it is so useless on a fucking trpg

Just look up a pairing guide.

I only went with sniper in Conquest so Charlotte could get certain blow.

Now she actually hits things and is extremely powerful.

I wish I did this desu, I fucking hate selena. Bloody useless as a hero or bow knight

>Are there any elite pikemen/spearmen I can recruit? Anything akin to a dragoon?
Depends on the game and what you define an elite pikemen/spearmen as. If you can settle for giant, bulky Generals, every game has those. If you're looking for more agile units that trade armor for mobility, you won't get them every game.
And there's nothing like a Dragoon. You often get Wyvern Riders, if that's a consolation.

It's amazing how the Awakening trio went from god tier units to utter trash in Fates.

Especially Odin. Christ what were they thinking?

Odin is pretty good if you reclass him to Dread fighter but yes he is garbage. I regret leveling him in my first play through

Do you think the Fire Emblem phone game will turn out good?

>Game
Tough, but I'll go for hipster points and lean towards Thracia 776.

>Weapon from said game
PUGI PUGI PUGI

>Unit
Not from Thracia, but Lachesis is pretty cool

>Map
Tough call, but I'll give points to Thracia 776 chapter 5. Partially how it plays, but overall I just like the whole set up of it. Conquest chapter 10 is also pretty rad.

>Difficulty
Hard, decent challenge usually, with Lunatic modes sometimes going into full on "you have to do x or you literally can't win"

no

itll have watered down gameplay and poor microtransaction integration

Where's her nose?
What's wrong with her arms?

>Game
Blazing Sword
>Weapon from said game
Killer Lance
>Unit
Pegasus Knight
>Map
Binding Blade's Frozen River or Silesse from Genealogy of the Holy War
>Difficulty

Snow maps can be maximum comfy
Normal

So what's the consensus on vestaria saga?

Any progress on a translation?

If you're a Tellius cuck, please kys

I'm not asking a lot.

Better then being a nu-FE cuck.

The fact that you think it's dumbed down persona 4 and that it has nothing to do with smt is retarded. Please fix

>Game
FE7

>Weapon
Wolf Beil

>Unit
Canas. I always liked his design

>Map
I don't remember all of them off the top of my head since it's been so long, but I would say the one where it's at night in the mansion

>Difficulty
HHM