What is Cred Forums's honest opinion of this game

Planning on trying out Apocalypse but I wanna know if playing IV is absolutely necessary. Is it a Cred Forums approved game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's the Dark Souls of Persona

Apocalypse is a direct sequel.

You'll probably want to play it.

I'm about 20+ hours on my first play-through right now.

Bosses can be absolute bullshit and wipe your whole team in one move. You have to pray for the RNG to be in your favor.

Tokyo is a pain in the ass to navigate while you get encounters every 2 steps.

All that aside, I'm having fun with it.

I'd play it if you actually care about the story in the new one.

It's not like it's dated, it came out 2 fucking years ago. Just play it, and I'd argue most SMT is Cred Forums approoved.

Honestly?

Near perfect blend of Old SMT with New SMT. Manages to be engaging without feigning deepness like the Persona series. Manages to have a lot of customisation without putting arbitrary barriers on the players progression like Nocturne. Manages to break from of the bland dungeon gameplay of the core series by making the world the dungeons.

My only major gripe with it is that it hides some of the most enjoyable demons/boss battles behind 79p microtransactions.

>bitching about bosses
Spotted the idiot who doesn't demon fuse. Minotaur and Medusa are the worst ones, honestly. The rest of the game is pretty good.

Get the Fundraise App, get Shibaboo or demons with Bind skills, and never EVER run out of money ever again.
Put all your points into Magic and Agility and go full walking magic nuke, or Dexterity and Luck and go 100% /k/-approved commando.
Strength is useless as a stat in IV, since it only affects regular attacks, while Dex affects both Physical and Gun skills. This is fixed in IVA, though.
Flynn is also the smuggest SMT protagonist.
So yeah, play it.

>Is it a Cred Forums approved game?
ask reddit

>100% /k/-approved commando.
Game lured me in to a false sense of security. There are so few bosses that nullify gun that when you reach one, you're absolutely FUCKED and have to rethink your entire approach. Really tripped me up like 5 times.

I do demon fuse but maybe my skill inheriting choices weren't great. This is my first SMT after all.

I had the most trouble with Xi Wangmu. Every time Megaton Press was used my guys were donezo. It didn't help that the intro to the boss was long as hell to get by just to start the fight over.

I'm Cred Forums as fuck but this game is shit.

Pretty overrated. Basically The Force Awakens of the SMT series

>Minotaur and Medusa are the worst ones
Nah.

Asura with that FUCK HEAD Nozomi smirking the fuck out of the boss every turn

Problem, homeslice?

You really don't have to play it. It takes place in an alternate path of the first game's neutral route. You're really not missing much.

>not having Pierce
Fair enough of a complaint I'll give you that, but those battles are fun in their own way, right?

>first SMT
What ending did you get first? Also emulate Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, trust me on this. They are hands-down the best SMT games by far. Or play Soul Hackers for the best demon negotiation and 80s Cyberpunk atmosphere out the ass.
Sukukaja is somewhat useless in IV. better to use Rakukaja and Tarukaja as buffs until you get Luster Candy and Debilitate.

The gameplay is bad and the new demons designs are mediocre and clash with Kaneko's I also wasn't a fan of the human designs but the music is good and Tokyo is fun to navigate/exlore. Overall worst SMT but still okay.

>Hey
>Hey g-guys
>GUYS LISTEN
>You know how
>GUYS LISTEN
>You see how the last time I shot him I made him smirk?
>Well
>What if that was a one off?
>I've got a REAL good feeling about this shot!

>What ending did you get first?

I'm still playing it now so it isn't complete. But a lot of my choices have been siding with Jonathon if that means anything.

My Flynn is more supporty and has Sukukaja so maybe I'll take that out the next chance I get.

Worst boss?
>Luster Candy
Just triple Megidolaon my shit up.

Post build and stats.

>Worst boss?
Asura.

Really good.

I was burnt out on JRPGs for a while and this made me get back into them

Are you me?

youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik

>Demon xylophones are playing while Beezlebub fucks your shit up

its pretty fucking fun to be honest
its only "bad" because it has some bullshit bosses and its not the best SMT game

I don't know what it is but I like the music a whole fucking lot

Right now I need to rescue VIPs in Shinjuku.

There is a boss that is resistant to bullet but I guess it's optional.

Level up Luck/Agi and replace Dia, Maragion and Posumudi for something useful you madman.

I keep one slot for whatever element I need for any bosses I'm at. Maragion is just there for that and is free to change.

Dia can definitely be replaced at this point.

Posumudi gets a lot of use because poison/sick is a constant.

>Lv35
>20 Agility
>31 Luck

user pls

Haven't you bought any elemental bullets yet? Posumudi is a skill you can put in any demon, a buff/debuff would be a lot more useful.

Hah is it really that bad? In the beginning I was all like "I'm going to balance Dx, Ag, and Lu." But then that stopped quickly.

I'm using bazooka weapons so I bought sick bullet with it. When I was stuck at Xi Wangmu I bought force bullets and that helped me a lot. I have about 35k right now. Should I just buy each element bullet?

Its fine. You can get butt fucked by RNG a lot in the beginning but eventually you'll be able to survive it and steamroll everything

Sure, they level up with Dex and you've got a shit ton of that. Might want to get a single hitting, stronger gun for bosses though.

Finished it about 5 min ago and about to play Apocalypse.

It's a pretty good game but not without its flaws, the amount of backtracking (although it is something to be expected in this series) and having to fight trash demons every 10 seconds gets annoying after a while.

I thought it was pretty damn good. Sometimes wonky difficulty curve but never bothered me to any noticable degree.

Why exactly do people say STR is useless? Is it the sort of deal that the equipped weapon is a far more significant factor?
Anyway, pretty early on in the game myself, in the woods in Flynn's home town. Only thing thats really bugging me is all my fusions seem to result in downgrades. I remember looking up how it worked in Persona 3 and if this is the same I guess it could just be bad timing, but its happening so often. And more annoying is I've had a possible level 35 fusion from really early on sitting up there teasing me.

4 is better than Apocalypse. I'm about 20 hours into Apocalypse and people are trolling on it being better. Not only is it piss poor easy, the story is uneventful thus far since everything is already established, tons of recycled areas, worst music, and in many cases, fucking repeat boss fights. Its like SMT4 all over again but this time with minor improvements that make everything easier.

I legit have no idea why people are praising it, its the most accessible title yet on top of being really mediocre.

>150 Dex
Nice. Put some more points into Luck or Agi, your choice.

>Dia
>Maragion
>Posumudi
R E M O V E

Get and keep Fang Breaker from some demon (Tarunda debuff too good), get Damascus Claw from Hairy Jack, Blight from Macabre, get Binding Claw from Bai-Suzhen.
Skills you should go for next are Berserker God, Nihil Claw, Purple Smoke, Madness Nails, Grand Tack, and Stun Needles (instead of Binding Claw).

Rare as fuck late-game skills, including DLC ones, are Occult Flash, Star Tarantella (DLC), Riot Gun (other than the Fiend Chemtrail, can be gotten from Vishnu), Heaven's Bow, Deadly Fury (DLC), Hades Blast, Kannuki-Throw (DLC), and Stigmata Strike (DLC).
Demon Fusion Lite has an exploit where you can get certain demon-exclusive skills onto other demons, and this way Whisper them to yourself. I suggest you look it up if you truly want to break the fucking game and make it your bitch.

STR is useless because it only affects REGULAR ATTACKS, NOT PHYSICAL SKILLS
Physical and Gun are both tied to Dex in IV.
>Downgrades
Look up how to use Elements, that should help you a bunch.

In SMT4 only, DEX dictates power for all physical skills. It gives you more power than STR all around in terms of raw damage, like twice as much.

In apocalypse, it was nerfed.

pay attention to what you're fusing, if you slap all your shit together for a level 6 pixie of course it's gonna be a downgrade

I really should stop putting Dex at this point. I'm hardly seeing differences.

I do have Fang Breaker from Oni so I'll get that. I don't have any of the DLC so I'll make do without.

Thanks