Resident Evil Thread

>Post your favorites
>Discuss the series
>What you do/don't like about specific titles
>Why you're hyped for or hate the idea of RE7
>Which spinoffs are worth playing
>Best girl
>What we can expect from Vendetta

Pic related, my two favorite Resi titles. I'm sort of a Chris guy I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j1-zO0UX604
youtu.be/g5lkah6o6I0
youtu.be/B_pi376qR4I
youtu.be/SyVVrm3vHoE
youtu.be/RgS_la-zKss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My man, Chris is probably my fav because he actually treats non main characters like actual people.

I'm cautious about RE7, I really did love the campy nature of RE games. I suppose distancing it from the rest of the franchise is one way to set up a proper horror atmosphere.

I like the first three games and REmake and that's pretty much it. Code Veronica is okay too, I guess, I haven't played it a long time though. I couldn't really get into 4, 5, or 6 and I have no real interest in 7. Secondary games like Revelations, Survivor, and Operation Raccoon City were also games I had no interest in really, Outbreak was really the only one I thought was sort of compelling.

6 is my favourite followed by 3 then 4 then 1

I wish Capcom made a full RE Mercenaries + Raid Mode game online with up to 4 people.

I would cum.

(Also Rebecca is best)

>Which spinoffs are worth playing huh?

Try Resident Evil: Dead aim OP, it gets a bad rap but is short, ambient and can really be spooky as fuck on a dark ship out at sea with nothing but the night wind, groaning boat steel and top-tier zombie moans in the distant.

It also has some of the very best unusual, ambient music, best save theme and possibly one of the best intros ever made. Please take a look and listen:

youtu.be/j1-zO0UX604 [Open]

youtu.be/g5lkah6o6I0 [Open]

youtu.be/B_pi376qR4I [Open]

You wont be disappoint

Bruce McGivern is one of the best MCs.

He's unabashedly a dumb ass.

>I don't get all these puzzles and science and lab shit but I WILL shoot everyone in the face and blow up this boat

He makes Chris look smart.

Will Rebecca still be best when anons realise she is not a teenager any more?

Always best girl

i love the part where we connelly post.

I like you

Don't take this too far, lads. Still a good old-fashioned RE thread here, I'd like discussion to continue.

I love six for it's movement options. I prolly don't need to be playing survival horror in such case but man, I love 5 and 6. Many people are gonna bitch about not getting the title that they want with VII but I got two full games getting to enjoy what I wanted so for those legitimately hyped: hope you like what you get.

I'm probably going to skip this until a clearer scope of the story is revealed. I don't like doing lp's so I am probably gonna read abit about what happens and if it looks like it might be fun to experience with my own eyes i'll probably buy it later on down the line. I got nothing to be excited about as it stands however.

You mean when she ends up being hotter as an older woman? Yezzir.

How expensive will Leon's next jacket be, do you think my landlady will care that my rent is late after I explain and show her the jacket

That made me chuckle for some reason.

Rebecca is worst girl
Nameless hanger on that followed Leon in re6>Rebecca, that's how shit tier she is

What happens, guise, if, guise...

what happens if in Spain, the los illuminados, while breeding las plagas in the locals, umbrella used the T-Virus for its intended purpose (introduce a horrifyingly contaigous disease that causes the sick to activley and agressivly attack and therfore replicate its disease amongst its own) on them?

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE LAS PLAGAS ARE ATTACKED BY T-VIRUS RNA?

Las plagas are living organisms after all that require sustinance, the correct invironment and protection.
As a living thing, it can have its DNA rewritten by an agressive T-Virus.

So, WADDYA think?

I might actually enjoy 5 or 6 if I played them co-op

Connelly posting has spread user. Its taking hold. Look ehat I found in a random drawthread on Thursday:

You still haven't explained to me why you keep posting this dumb cunt in every single RE thread.

Nice try, but RE0 proved how important Rebecca is to saving the day.

5 is phenomenal for co-op.

6 is a fucking mess. It forces black boxes into the corners of the top and bottom half of the screen to try and make some semblance of aspect ratio. They didn't do this in 5, so I have no idea why.

Who knows user, what the fuck does C.I.A or pepe frog posting have to do with vidya?

It has spread to other threads tho.

T-Virus intended purpose wasn't what you described, the original purpose of the (T)yrant Virus was just that, to mass produce the BOWs so that Umbrella could sell them and/or program them to do their own dirty work. But Umbrella sucks at doing things right so the T-Virus was compatible with less than 1% of the general population iirc and the rest became zombies instead.

>RE0 proved how important Billy was to the story
Ftfy

>what the fuck does C.I.A or pepe frog posting have to do with vidya?
Those are usually posted as reaction images if it's not your usual shitpost thread. Anyway I see a black penis in your pic so thank you for giving me a reason to do you know what.

4 and 2, guess I'm a Leon fag.
I actually like all 6 mainline games, I find them all fun to play.

I'm not looking forward to 7 as it is, I started with 2 and to me action has been there since the beginning. They haven't shown any action that looks good to me yet, hopefully it's just hush hush though.

But what about Weskers comments about his reseach on the Ebola Virus they investigated from Zaire?
Because Ebola, while horrific and absolutley devestating, is actually very easy to contain (i.e, it dies outside of the host, dies in sunlight, and requires transmission via fluids, whilst at the same time incapacitating, weakeaning and "killing its host too quickly" to be an effective disease.) it does not make a very good bio wepon.

"What if somone this deseased, could walk around freely, what if they were to activley feel compelled to pass on the desease?"

They had to use Ebola as a vector to create the modern T-virus did they not?

Wut?

I forgot about that. This I have no answer for, except to say that in the early stages the t-virus disease was intended to develop metahuman-like BOWs (similar to tyrant) and Wesker's intention was to have the disease pass itself on virally to those who were compatible with it.

It always struck me that zombies were an unintended effect of the t-virus as evidenced by the Arklay lab being overrun by them and later, the Raccoon City incident.

Fucking love Dead Aim. I feel like the numberless titles are the best in this franchise, and it's a shame hardly anyone knows about this one.

God, phoneposters are dumb. Stop forcing your garbage. That's all.

Why "eat" user?

Shitty RE movies explenation aside, of all the ways Zombies in particular attack, why is it to consume?

Not many other T-Virus mutants are looking to feed. Lickers have never been seen Eating. Hunters do not. Ivy's do not. Tyrants do not.
Why do most base animals most recently imfected want to eat?

Ok user. Have some resi stuff.

>lived to see Resident Evil finally shit the bed once and for all as a retarded Outlast clone

Cv has some cool music user.

youtu.be/SyVVrm3vHoE

who is she again? is she from the dad rock era?

They can never un-make our favorites user. Those belong to all of us now.

No fuck you, I don't want anything from you.
Playing the first chapter of Leon's story in RE6 made me hype for RE2 remake. Birkin turning into a horrible monster again but less pixelated should be fun.

Stop calling it "resi" it makes you sound like a retarded neet faggot.

All the better for co-op. I never play alone. Was pretty feel good teaching a kid the sliding mechanics as he saw me coasting around in the city as my girl Helena.

That's actually one of the reasons I think the T-Virus is flawed. A more advanced virus would be able to transmit itself without harming potential hosts, but instead the T-Virus creates an insatiable hunger that actually leaves some victims incapable of being reanimated. Not only that, but the T-Virus reroutes the functions of its host in such a way that only the bare essential organs and motor functions are able to work, the rest of the host begins to rot and weaken, which also doesn't make it very effective at spreading itself. At least not as effective as it could be, we know all of Raccoon City went down because most people in the RE universe aren't smart enough to get around shamblers.

You could say that the virus itself was meant to be a bioweapon but wouldn't Umbrella have known how non-marketable it is? It's too risky and too hard to contain for anyone to actually use it threateningly without it backfiring.

>people still think the demo is the game despite it being flat out said it's essentially a tech demo

She is from the big beuatiful 80-90s hair that was super popular in Japan, she litirally inspired the designs for Jennifer Simpson from clock tower and Tifa in Final Fantasy VII.

Also what do user?

"Yes" > "no"

got a problem with neets?

Feg u

only joking user, i really hope they do justice to our requests from 2002 for a remake of 2 in "REmakes" image.

>Outlast invented first person
>Outlast invented horror games
>Outlast featured pistols, rifles, flamethrowers

Literally kill yourself you meme spouting autist. Literally. Every one of you "BUHH RESIDENT EVIL IS AN OUTLAST CLONE NOW!!!111" are too fucking retarded and jaded for your own good.

If you remove the plug Jill kills the tub zombie automatically, Chris has to waste rounds but ironically Chris needs the old key in the tub to access the garden outside whereas Jill never has to go into the room, it only has a defense dagger for her.

Can we still write "REmake?

yes

You can write what you want but "resi" looks fucking retarded. I just write RE.

The fact that T-Virus hosts are hardy as fuck, and make for easy transmisson make it extremely effective in doing its biological job (reproducing).

Its the oposite traits that make Ebola such a shit one.
Doctors, Virologits and health officials agree that the worst thing Ebola could do if it mutates, is to become "less deadly". By this they mean, if it adapts by not killing the host as quickly, frequently or in such high numbers, it stands a better chance at reproducing.

Resident Evil Outbreak is the best Resident Evil.
Cindy Lennox is best girl.

Capcom sold their souls to make one final and actual Resident Evil with 4-man COOP, but were never able to emulate this style of play ever again.

>out monouver the bath zombie. Run out the door with the bathtub item, no bullets wasted, no bites. Hehe.
>walk away from bathroom door.
>door burts open, zombie coming, train track music starts playing.

HULLY SHIT!

Outbreak was great but I never played Outbreak 2. Is it more of the same goodness or did it shit the bed?

Outbreak 2 is pretty much everything they couldn't put into Outbreak 1. They added some quality of life stuff like being able to reload without going into the inventory screen, or being able to move while aiming. Stuff like that. there's a private server that you can play with an Emulator up but it requires a japanese PS2 bios and Japanese versions of the game. I've been playing on it for the past couple of days and it is ACE.

Feels so good to relive the moments of my teenage years of Outbreak and be able to play online.

>2003 or 2004.
>PS2 starved of both REmake and Zero.
>we got dead aim i guess.
>new magazine front page, Resident Evil:ONLINE.
>"w-whu?"
>renders look detailed as fuck but there is no real story info yet.
>guy with Black R.P.D riot uniform
>"Leon??"
>girl with ponytail and bangs but blonde
>"C-claire???"

We didnt know shit yet, and i was a kid.

Good speculetive times.

Thanks for the advice, gonna pick it up. I'll go physical though, I own almost all of the RE games in physical format and I'd like to complete that collection. Plus these days I play my PS2 more than almost anything else.

yoko is best girl

What had me completely baffled is that I can play on my Emulator with people who are playing on their physical japanese ps2s. I was losing my shit. If you're curious, the server is called OBSRV. It works for both File 1 and File 2 of Outbreak and has multiple games going on usually at all times of the day.

>Post your favorites
RE2 for the nostalgia and RE4 because it showed that RE can go in a different direction, although I wasn't a fan of 5 and 6, still had fun with them though.

>Discuss the series
Very good as a whole, just wish they made a RE like the TPS ones but slower that was based on exploration instead of stages, something like the RE5 dlc I guess

>What you do/don't like about specific titles
Call me casual or whatever but RE1 is way too hard. I prefer RE2, just wish it was a bit harder.

RE3 is okay, for some reason I've played it a lot but never finished it.

RE4 is amazing, RE5 is okay, it would be much better without the forced partner, something like Dead space 3.

RE6 is meh, but I still had fun with it.

>Why you're hyped for or hate the idea of RE7
I'm hyped because the series is going in an interesting direction but I'm probably not gonna play it, FPS + horror is 2 much for me, to this day I don't know how I was able to finish Amnesia DD

>Which spinoffs are worth playing
Played a bit of Revelations, looked good but it's stuck on my backlog.

>Best girl
pic related

>What we can expect from Vendetta
Are the 3D movies even worth watching ?

This.
>At a young age think Yoko is the NERD character, like so many quiet foreign students that look at the floor when you walk past them. How dull, dumpy and not pretty.

>Get to 26, realise if i met one of these thicc, intelligent little cutie japanese girls at the bar who are only NINETEEN but dont afraid of any zombie, id want to fug them.

I've grown to like every character in REO as I got older. At first, I was only a Kevinfag, I still play him every time, but I like everyone now.

The way she says "Come here.." makes me DIAMONDS

She still that cute lil biker slut at heart, gawd bless er.

I'm really digging revelations 1. The mooks are vaguely human so each encounter feels more threatening/scary. And then we have Rachel , while she is mostly human she's fast and has that eerie laugh of hers

doesn't change the fact that Resident Evil has jumped the shark in terms of genre.

"George..."

She deffo wanted that doctor cock.

Clair will always be my favorite.

>Claire has become famous for firing the BAZOOKA
>claire b not even her canon route.
>"you lose big guy"
>"hi there"

Who taught a 19 year old to know how to operate that shit? Firing a gun sure, but?

i just cant help but to see this guy

She's a smart girl. She just figured it out.

Right now I'm juggling concepts for a Mercenaries fangame. Maybe even actually make one if I can assemble a team and do some research. I dunno.

Its the eye bags, but she does look like an older version of this, (the mouth shape, the eyes,) compare:

Chris probably, he's ex military and those guys like to show off the stuff they work with

Whatever happened to this guy

mualed by a hunter

didnt make out of raccoon

That's funny, I just saw a facebook ad for his jacket before seeing this thread. It was only ~80 bucks. Not bad for a jacket but I can't imagine it's worth much more than looks.

Who cares?

Of all the throwaway RE characters, i'd rather discuss Billy and/or Sheva over fucking EYYYYYYlos.

Resident evil 6 is my favorite

Let's take a minute to appreciate Marvin Branagh. This motherfucker right here held down the R.P.D when no one else would. Not only did he help Leon and Jill get out of the city, he helped the Outbreak crew along their way too. How can one man be so based, yet so forgotten?

R.I.P Marvin

Needs Jill desu

why didn't he just hide in a safe room away from any danger? not very smart marv

Richard is the truest hero of this series.

>Gets wrekt by snake.
>See Jill going to fight snake.
>Even though badly wounded, comes in mid-fight, racks his Assault Shotgun with one hand like a fucking true Operator and shouts "Time for a little payback!"
>Proceeds to wrek snake.
>Sacrifices his life to save Jills without a moments hesitation.

RIP

>Trapped in Aquaring by Jaws and her two babies.
>Chris enters the room, notices Richard, gets excited to see his comrade still alive, starts walking towards him.
>Richard sees Jaws going for Chris, shouts a warning to him.
>Sacrifices his life to save Chris' without a moments hesitation.
>See his Assault Shotgun on the bottom of the drained Aquaring.

feltbadman

I fried the fuck out of Jaws for Bowman!

Err, Richard.

Here have an upgrade.

He didn't want to sing kumbayah with a couple of boy scouts

youtu.be/RgS_la-zKss
they shouldve got leon instead of literally who for RE7

REmake 2 and 4 are my favorites
and a little love for survivor

2 was too easy, 1 is fucking tough
and 4 was just right