I felt sorry for the murderer

I felt sorry for the murderer.

It was a weak as fucking breakdown but it was still a bit sad.
Also funnily I felt worse for the case 4 killer than the DLC killer, despite the latter having a much stronger motive than the former.

If only the faggot listened to his wife instead of going on assumptions
Still better than case fourth.

Cases where you feel sorry for the murderer or at least understand why it ended that way (and wish it could have ended any other way) are the best ones. This is something AJ and DD were severely lacking (other than 5-DLC) and what SoJ brought back in spades. It's also why JFA is an underrated game.

>Larry wants to get married but he's Larry
>Edgeworth explicitly states he wants to remain single forever
>Phoenix says he hasn't thought about marriage yet
>Maya's only concern when talking about marriage is the food at the reception
>Athena's is catching the bride's bouquet because she's ultra-competitive and not because of what it means
I don't remember Ema saying anything. Is it possible for her to be the only person who doesn't want to stay a cake for life?

I get that Edgeworth is really the only one who can keep up with Nick anymore, but why is the Chief Prosecutor always doing actual cases? He's supposed to be managing all the other prosecutors.

How do I play the DLC cases with a cia?

He's not, he took this case because the family the defendant was marrying into is extremely influential and powerful and since they tried to sweep everything under the rug and no prosecutor was willing to take the case and go against them, Edgeworth got pissed off and took it upon himself to prosecute it.

>No prosecutor

Bullshit. What about Klavier and Blackquill? They're not cowards like the other prosecutors.

Someone post the picture of Simon telling Athena it's fucking sake, not rice wine

Don't think too hard about that, user. It was a handwave to justify Edgeworth being the prosecutor since they wanted the case to be a reunion of the first trilogy cast. You should see the silly reason why Maya is the assistant.

I just assumed they were busy with other cases at the time.

I suppose.

I wonder what a normal trial is like in Japanifornia. One with just a normal run-of-the-mill attorney and prosecutor. No geniuses or prodigies or turnabout terrors or super tell-reading or crazy bullshit.

You have to find a big guy

>buy dual destinies, seems cool
>new case 1 gimmick, that heart reading thing
>whynot.jpg
>case 2 reintroduces the bracer gimmick too

Ah fuck are they going to bring back every magic knob for each case? Does case 5 do something retarded like combine all of them together? Pls no

The only ones we really know of are how the big blowoff cases from 20 years ago or whatever all "originally" went before Phoenix and Co. took a Turnabout Shit on them, like Hammond's shitty insanity defense of Yogi.

Life must be an endless series of disappointments ever since he became chief prosecutor.
>In charge of every single prosecutor in Japanifornia
>Only two of them are any competent lawyers or decent human beings

Yes and yes. The magatama is also in.

Then AA6 keeps all of those, introduces a new main mechanic and reintroduces luminol search and fingerprinting.

The dlc cia has been out for weeks now

>they wanted the case to be a reunion of the first trilogy cast

Shame they were wasted on what was a pretty low tier case

They're all in but other than the Mood Matrix in 5 they're used sporadically. Blackquill will tell Apollo to fuck off with Perceive.

I'm glad you only use mood matrix only 3 times in SoJ. I don't like it. Perceive is shit too.

After being exposed to Datz for so long I forgot that Larry was just kind of a stupid selfish asshole in comparison.

Datz is an asshole but one everyone loves because he wants to change the world for the better.

Fug, well what did I expect really

Thanks lads

Datz is amusing. Larry is just pathetic.

I couldn't have been the only one who thought Datz was Larry at first

The excuse for having Edgeworth prosecute was weak. So was Maya's involvement.

The case was okay. I'm not sure if the time travel story deserved to have Confess the Truth 2016 playing, though.

Trucy is just abusing Athena because she misses Apollo so much, right?

>Perceive is shit too.

I wouldn't mind it so much if I could fucking skip through the sections of text instead of waiting half an hour just to get back to the relevant part that makes their finger twitch.

Boy, the DLC sure made me realize how much better the Phoenix Wright world is going to be without this party pooping cunt around

Post yfw Nick is a Jerk Face!

Why the fuck is Cred Forums's taste in AA's cases always so fucking bad? This case was one of the best we've seen since the original trilogy

u wot?
DLC is easily the weakest case in the game.

Why? It actually has proper pacing by splitting the case into two days, actual humor, and actually interesting twists and motives

The time travelling thing went absolutely nowhere, every plot point was incredibly obvious from the start (especially the murder), and the murder itself was pretty retarded.

It was just an excuse for some fanservice.

Did you know the twitch still happens when you pause? All you have to do is pause during each section and search the character.

>The time travelling thing went absolutely nowhere, every plot point was incredibly obvious from the start (especially the murder), and the murder itself was pretty retarded.

What? The shit about Sorin's Memory was the second best twist in the game

No that's the second case.

>Mr. Reus's wild ride
>being worse than Turnabout Every Person's Animation Takes 20 Years

How does anyone have tastes this bad?

The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright > Nick is a Jerk Face

A case is not good because of your stupid memes.

Big words for someone with meme tastes

Both were bad cases. Also, Dual Destinies was the better game overall.

>and what SoJ brought back in spades
The fuck are you talking about, retard?

Metal Jesus was a complete faggot.
Mr Reus was an asshole
6-3's culprit reason for murder was fucking retarded.
Atishon is a bastard and Ga'ran is a bitch.

The only sympathetic culprit is Geiru.

Am I the only one who really didn't like The Grand Turnabout?

>present balloon

>Turnabout Revolution that high

Everything in Spirit of Justice is subpar.

>Also, Dual Destinies was the better game overall.
DD is the only mainline game shittier than SoJ.

t. Blaise Debeste

Thank fucking god the honeymoon period is over and people are realizing how fucking retarded AA6 is. This series has been dead for a long time.

SoJ was weak. The only good case was the the second part of Turnabout Revolution. Other than that, it was meh.

I actually liked the first half. That part was cool.

It's just that the second half didn't really click with me at all. Kinda wish the game ended after taking down Blaise.

Nice way to spell AA4, polly boy.

The second part was to tie everything together and just confront the actual mastermind behind everything.

It was not about a fighting a hard battle like Alba (he lost the moment they realized his identity) but to give a satisfying conclusion to the game.

Nope.

5-1 > 6-1
5-2 > 6-2
5-3 > 6-3
5-4 > 6-4
6-5 > 5-5
5-4+5-5 > 6-5
5-DLC > 6-DLC

Thing is it kind of dragged on and I really didn't give a shit about Simon or his motivations at all. My favorite part was when Debeste showed the results of his tearstained efforts, that was cool. But the thing with Simon and how everything was connected in the most contrived manner possible? Eh.

I'm glad is over and people are now opening up to flaws more instead of sucking the game's dick over and over.

I think it was a good game, just not one of the best (that honor goes to AAI2 and T&T).

Hey look, it's the Zelda cycle but with Ace Attorney. And wrong.

>6-3's culprit reason for murder was fucking retarded.
Had he not done the epic keikaku the wife was gonna be raped in prison or killed by another Keera
there was no winning there.

>Reus cruise
>that low

I think all the cases being connected wonderfully is what makes AAI2 stand out from the other games. You can see the actual planning and consideration in the themes and characters of the story to build a perfect climatic conclusion to Edgeworth's big dilemma.

It's the best AA game by far IMO.

> T&T
Jesus fuck why do people still ignore how pants-on-head retarded that game was?

God, young lawyers these days are really lucky as hell, aren't they?

When Nick just became a lawyer, his mentor died and he was being framed for her death against a guy who basically had control over the entire court. And then, just a year later, he had to take part in a trial despite having amnesia.

Compared to that, Polly and Athena seem to have it easy. At the very least, life doesn't seem to go out of its way to make things as hard on them as possible.

Shiet, I forgot this came out.

Too many games to play, man.

>connected wonderfully
I honestly disagree. It was seriously contrived and a lot of it was seriously implausible and depended entirely on luck. My reaction was mostly just, "Yeah, okay, seriously?"

Lawyers generally have it easier just because the ones we know get to study right under Nick. Apollo and Athena have kind of had shitty lives but at least they have more support in their jobs than Nick did, Nick had Maya and that was about it.

Prosecutors have it much, much harder now. Blackquill had to do everything from prison and Nahyuta had to do everything under Ga'ran's thumb.

IDK, Apollo did lose his mentor and, essentially, his job on his first case. Though it's not quite like Phoenix, I wouldn't say it was all easy

>Compared to that, Polly and Athena seem to have it easy

Yeah, one just got fucked over so hard he lost her mother, both fathers, his mentor and childhood friend while the other had constant PTSDs and opened her mom wide open in an operating machine made by robots that thought was gonna fix her because she was socially stupid and mentally damaged, not to mention she had to study law because she felt guilty about an innocent person getting caught in her own mess.

They totally have it easy.

To be fair, though, it's still a little better than what attorneys get, since prosecutors still get full cooperation from the police. And Khura'in was heavily biased against defense attorneys to begin with.

Blackquill still had the chief prosecutor's full support as well.

Yeah, but I'm just saying, it's not quite as bad as what Nick had to go through. Most of the bad shit that Apollo and Athena experienced happened before they became lawyers.

>opened her mom wide open in an operating machine made by robots that thought was gonna fix her because she was socially stupid and mentally damaged

I did not need to reminded of that. That went too far.

Yeah but that's got nothing to do with their professions.

>everyone at the Prosecutor's Office was too scared to take the case

Blackquill-san brings shame upon his household with such dishonorabru cowardice

Apollo's horns suck the luck out of those around him, causing them to die young but keeping him relatively unscathed.

Do you think Polly or Athena ever accidentally call Nick "Dad"?

>"Let's move on to the verdict even though literally nothing is fucking clear"
> Terribly written witness testimonies with statements like "He got struck twice, by the way."
Is this supposed to be a callback to the original trilogy? Rushed as fuck, barely stooped verdicts and terrible writing for Edgeworth and Ema the moment they step into the courtroom? I thought we moved past the cheap drama.

I haven't finished it yet, but the DLC case looks like a good case with shitty writing. It's a real shame, since its investigation segments seem really spotless.

>Apollo
Dude can't even bring himself to call his adoptive dad, as in the only dad he's ever known "Dad"

>Athena
Maybe, depends on if her dad actually raised her at some point

>I thought we moved past the cheap drama.

This must be your first Ace Attorney game, probably your first case.

Robots don't have dads

I actually do hope that Polly stays out of AA7 for the most part, if only so that we can actually see some father-daughter moments between Nick and Trucy. Not to mention, I also want to see Nick give Athena some attention for once. In AA6, it was always just Polly. It's not fair.

Nah, I enjoyed the rest of SoJ, cause I felt they toned down a little on that - I did play the earlier games, but with time, I just started liking the artificial drama of "let's move onto the verdict even though we know nothing" less and less.

At least SoJ cases took care to make the charges against the defendant still stand and had Nahyuta remind us of that and kept us up-to-date on his understanding of events instead of going "you can't prove the witness so you lose" without addressing the gaping holes already blown in prosecution's case.

That's why I find the return to that traditionally bad writing a little disappointing.

How do you feel about Trucy becoming Athena's Maya?

Too many words in this thread.
Post Leyfa