No Mans Shill

>Steam Reviews are up from 9%
>Go to the reviews to see whats going on
>This is still allowed in the current year of 2016

Didnt valve recently say they will stop working with companies that do that?

Don't know, they're probably already annoyed by the ASA flagging the videos on the NMS Store Page.

If this was your profession why would you put it in your god damn profile?

Wow. it's literally Correct The Record, but for Steam.

>infinite unknown

>Gee I wonder what will be on this next planet? More hills and robots like every other planet I've been on?

That is a new level of slime

Of course he has fallout games in his library too. Why wouldnt he?

Probably some legal thing or something. That way if he gets called out he can say that if they looked at his profile they would've known. Sort of like giving disclosure I guess, just not on the review.

>119h on FNV
>Only 2 achievements
wut

At least he actually played the game unlike the trolls who just spam Gross Frog and out of context quotes.

idle time

what in the actual fuck does anything on that guy's site even mean
also,
>professional shills
>mfw

They don't even try to come off as authentic. Just a wall of platitudes.

I would invest more if I were Sean.

REAL THREAD

Its actually not allowed. In fact its a violation of federal law. The FTC has been cracking down on this since 2010 when they fined companies for doing this on the Apple Store. If you see shit like this you can actually report it to the FTC tip line and bring attention to it.

>damn this game is so boring I fell into a coma

I know people will willfully ignore this because it's funnier to pretend it's true but that's most certainly not a paid review. Paid reviews like the ones Valve are complaining about are bought in bulk of dozens if not hundreds and obviously not done on an account that traces directly back to a social marketing company. Doing one lonely fake review is so trivially easy it's not worth paying nor charging for.

>leave the game open on the menu so you can say you put over 100 hours into it and that gives your review a lot of credibility

So because this one is poorly done and is easily traceable its somehow alright? People should report this shit. It isn't legal despite what many think.

as you can see, when you review a game, it shows people how many hours you played.
that way it makes your review look more "valid".

But he didn't review Fallout

Reading comprehension. It is most certainly not paid marketing since it does not even reach the minimum requirements of what paid marketing would entail.

chances are he was probably planning to.

So basically it's like witcherthreads on Cred Forums

Please go back to Cred Forums. Nobody takes you inane conspiracy theories seriously here.

Hello Fabio

>a guy whos job is to review games reviews a game
???

It has an explicit endorsement of the product. It absolutely meets the criteria of marketing.

>why is this allowed
Isn't it just the complete opposite of what Cred Forums did with the metacritic user score? Rating it 0 and filling the comment with a bunch of buzzwords, and I bet most people who did that, hadn't played it and just did it becase.
Why was that allowed?

Which violates federal law if he doesn't disclose that he was compensated for the review.

Because they didn't recieve financial compensation for it without disclosing the fact. That's what makes this illegal.

Believe it or not everyone is allowed to have opinions and express them. Even people that work at marketing. Unless there was money changing hands it is not marketing, and I find it incredibly hard to believe someone got paid to leave idlemaster open on a computer for a few days then come back and write a paragraph about a game.

Yea, so it was legally done, but it wasn't really a fair play, would you say?
Especially because the "reviews" were copies of each others filled with buzzwords.

Though, it was hilarious when "counter" reviews came up and Cred Forums cried about how they were copies of each other

I'm not saying that recieving money for a steam review is okay. Not at all. But most NMS threads are filled with hypocrisy

>I find it incredibly hard to believe someone got paid to leave idlemaster open on a computer for a few days then come back and write a paragraph about a game.
Now you're just being naive.