Does magic exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=938ZxXGICI0
umineko-project.org/en/downloads/
youtube.com/watch?v=QEOy4zEVFoU
umineko-project.org/en/project-info/
youtube.com/watch?v=9lb0xcfFvtA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe, also daily reminder that the Cred Forums waifumafia still hates the ending after all these years.

No, but tranny maids do

BEATROICE

witches don't real

If we compare Umineko to other mystery visual novels like Zero Escape and Danganronpa, then in comparison to Zero Time Dilemma shitty ending and Danganronpa 3 (anime) shitty ending, Umineko was really ok.

Rosa was best girl.

I am her husband.

I watched that anime.
I remember fapping to the witch leading the main guy around on a leash while he was naked.
I remember little else

wow, gay

>tranny character who hates himself for this and consider himself unworthy of love

This should be banned in current year

>anime
What anime? There is NO UMINEKO ANIME.

Kinzo did nothing wrong.

Ah yeah, Umineko

The series that falls flat on its face because it's all about justifying a mastermind whose motives just might be the dumbest in visual novel history

Now, have Ange replace Battler and have Beatrice represent Eva, that's a VN worth reading.

YAMI WO KIRISAKU

oh, look, it's another mystery fag

Anime only fag here, 2nd season when?

Yeah sorry R07 but calling me a Goat isn't going to cure the gaping flaws in your story

>m-muh logic!!!

Yes, only subhuman scum suckers who have abandoned all semblance of rational thought can like Yasu

Anyone with even the slightest amount of sense would realize that Yasu just might be one of the most self centered and petty trannies to ever put on a dress

Taking this thread to shill the slav ps3 to pc port that is full HD and has all the PS3 bonuses

Episode 5 beta in a few weeks it's pretty much finished being alpha tested

iOS version in alpha and they're trying to get devs for android version

Chiru alpha soon so they'll probably open up alpha registration again

If you want to try the beta which is up to episode 4 go to
umineko-project.org/en/downloads/
The 27 digit password that's needed to unlock the archives is

You can't call story flawed only because you expected another And then there were none in animu version.

Then what did i watch? Im pretty sure that witch was in it. It was like "when the seagulls cry" or w/e

I bet you kiss girls, fagit

>Red mysteries are established as truth!
>"N-no but muh feelings though! The truth doesn't matter because muh feelings!"

Fuck that shit. Umineko keeps establishing rules and keeps contradicting itself. And the dialogue is annoying because they always talk in circles for 20 minutes before moving on to the next point. The underwhelming endings and explanations to everything also make the build up seem pretentious in retrospect.

The one thing Umineko was good at was build up. But there's almost no payoff because Ryukishi was trying too hard to be intellectual and he just isn't. He even put a magic ending on there because he's doesn't have the balls to commit to one true ending that will satisfy his readers.

Ange at first looked like she would be a likable character but she just turns out to be a whiny emo bitch who's personality is bland as fuck. Battler was so much cooler and the fact that the story began to focus more on Ange towards the end was really shitty.

>"durr it was just a fantasy, everything was fake, Ange and Battler are alive in the real world though xD1!!"

He didn't even manage to develop every character in the main cast, which he did with Higurashi. Umineko is just a mess.

It's a meme.
When adaptation of visual novel is so bad that people pretend that it never happened.

But there are no contradictions in red truth.
There is also real explanation to every murder in every episode.

>liking Higurashi
Me, as a fellow 200+ IQ person, also appreciates blood spurting nose jokes and delightful slice of life elements that drag on for hours and hours.

It was pretty bad. It was the most ADHD story i ever watched.

Granted i have watch mostly normie anime

>But there are no contradictions in red truth.

No contradictions, but a very dubious premise.

The notion that what amounts to disguises of one individual can count as different people is absurd

And not only is it absurd, as we see later, it's not even consistent. Shannon and Kanon count as different people according to the red text, but Beatrice does not.

the whole point though was that what actually happened didn't matter, it was was solving the who and the why.

Higurashi was at least a lot more honest and entertaining than Umineko.

Umineko was more ambitious, but that doesn't change the fact that it was pseudo-intellectual nonsensical garbage with cop out shitty endings. Also at least Ryukishi developed all the main characters in Higurashi unlike in Umineko. The only thing Umineko did better than Higurashi was the music and I prefer Battler over K.

Whenever people say NTR is the intellectual's fetish I think of Yasu because she literally is a giant slut who is fucking ALL THREE OF THE COUSINS HOLY SHIT

blame the editor dying after ep 5. he always reigned in r07s shit.

Shannon and Kanon were part of the story and a different personalities of Yasu, as well as a different people for other characters.

Beatrice was only a fantasy character, same as Ronove and others. She never counted.

Threadly reminder that Umineko is a masterpiece and episode 8 is the best episode.

>Shannon and Kanon were part of the story and a different personalities of Yasu, as well as a different people for other characters.

So was Beatrice

>Beatrice was only a fantasy character, same as Ronove and others. She never counted.

Wrong, every game Yasu dresses up as Beatrice, giving letters to people, murdering them.

I don't see why we count "Fake Meido" and "Fake Manservant" as people, but not "Fake Witch"

>Umineko is a masterpiece

Hey you. Say what actually happened on that island and the motivation behind it. And say what happened during the endings. Yeah even a highschooler can come up with better shit than that.

REEE TRUTH DOESN'T MATTER WITHOUT LOVE IT CAN'T BE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't listen to this seagull, episode 5 is the best.

If you mean stuff like Maria or ep 2 they were accomplices and testimonies should be taken with a grain of salt. Besides she isn't counted as a "human" which is what "X of people" refer to.

post umineko memes

>STILL believing that Yasu was the culprit
She's a red herring.

No one knew Beatrice, aside of Maria, who treated her as a magic character.

The difference with Kanon and Shanon is that everyone knew them as a real characters and Beatrice was only a fantasy, character from a myth.

>If you mean stuff like Maria or ep 2 they were accomplices and testimonies should be taken with a grain of salt. Besides she isn't counted as a "human" which is what "X of people" refer to.

That's my objection, user. "Beatrice" does the same shit Kanon and Shannon does. She talks with people, moves around, plants stakes in corpses, etc. She is "controlled" by a crazy tranny named Yasu

Yet despite being in no way different from Shannon or Kanon, Beatrice gets to count as a "witch."

It's complete horseshit

This would've been at least more amusing than Yasu

You clearly never understood the meta layers.

>I am too stupid to realise anything on myself so the story is bad

Just read manga adaptation, it was created for people like you

>the meta layers
DUDE IT'S A STORY...

ABOUT A STORY!

Yeah shut up I don't care. Featherine is the worst character ever written by a human.

Best witch

Hello, my fellow goat.

>Yasu
>culprit

Rather be a goat than a fucking pleb

no

Can't argue with this

Can you make anything on your own from the story?
Are you one of the people who called the story bullshit because Kanon had energy blade?

Also remember Ep 1 and 2 were written before the incident took place and 3-6 were not written by Yasu.

All we know for 100% fact is Eva at least solved the riddle and avoided the explosion, and Battler escaped by sea and lost his memory. Everything else is irrelevant desu.

pic related

>intro to higurashi gives you boosegumps
Why. Every fucking time.

No, I call the story bullshit for having some fake people be called witches and other fake people be acknowledged by the red text as real people

Because that's what the story is, bullshit.

Smug, self indulgent bullshit too.

Daily reminder that Umineko is the best deconstruction of the murder mystery genre.

OH DESIRE

Yeah and everyone of them died in the first episode and later Battler is alive anyway and there are also two Battlers, one on the island and one who talk with Beatrice.

Wtf I hate Umineko now

youtube.com/watch?v=QEOy4zEVFoU

That's odd, i could have sworn i already read Umineko with the PS3 graphics.

Just repeat to yourself what happened on the island and the motivation. Shit is stupid as fuck and you know it. You were actually impressed by Ryukishi's contrived writing, which was just a bunch of build up to disappointing payoffs? Abandoning logic for "muh feelings". The guy isn't even confident in his own writing skills, that's why he gave 2 endings which are both equally shitty. He realized he can't be intellectual and he wasn't creative enough to give a compelling explanation about the crimes. That's why he had to obnoxiously shove the word "love" into the story to make it sound meaningful, even though it's just masking the retarded core plot.

A lot of characters weren't developed, the motivation was dumb, everything was underwhelming and disappointing. It had its moments but overall I would actually say Higurashi is better. And even that wasn't really anything special.

The ps3 patch isn't full HD it's in 480p it doesn't have the PS3 effects or extras and the picture/music box aren't completely translated and working. The slav version also reworks the translation for the first half because it was pretty bad.

Yeah, love does not exist, it's just chemical reaction, amrite? We are so above muh feelings *tips fedora*

>Battler is alive anyway

Seriously FUCK Ryukishi. And Ange was such wasted potential too. I thought she was actually going to be interesting but she's was just a worse version of Battler.

I read umineko vanilla when it came out then i read it with the old ps3 patch
So i guess i have to read Umineko a third time for the slav patch and a fourth time for the Steam release now.

Battler isn't alive. He died when he jumped ship.

How can people not realize this? His body may have survived, but the person called Battler is dead, and died on that island 12 years ago.

No, attempting to mask a retarded core plot with muh love and muh feelings to make it sound meaningful was stupid. The only one tipping a fedora is you since you actually fell for his pseudo-intellectual nonsense.

For as much as "love" gets pushed, we must remember that the culprit is a jealous obsessive psychopath who says Battler's big sin is forgetting a girl he hung with for a day when he was ten

Said obsessive psychopath had literally every opportunity to reach out to Battler, to send a letter, leave the island, etc, but instead begins a relationship with another man, then begins ANOTHER relationship with another woman, and then enacts an insane gambit that doesn't make any sense because she thinks it'll make Battler the head of the family

The irony being that the only one capable of actually soloing the Epitagh is Eva Ushiromiya, and that most people would just group up to solve it anyways.

Higurashi is too anime for me, the first half of every arc makes me cringe

it's way different and more complete than the basic patch which was basically just sprite rips copy pasted
umineko-project.org/en/project-info/ is most of the differences but that list is way outdated

the trailer for chiru shows a lot of the differences

You know, for as much as Umineko defenders say the haters aren't reading or thinking enough, I'm seeing a whole lot of one sentence shitposts from the defenders and lengthy well written criticism from the detractors

It's more like it's a pointless battle to take, because neither side will ever concede.

Perhaps that could be said of all discussions here.

>The irony being that the only one capable of actually soloing the Epitagh is Eva Ushiromiya, and that most people would just group up to solve it anyways.

This was originally the point of the epitagh, Kinzo regretted making Krauss the successor and figured the riddle would be an indirect way for Eva to become Head

Ultimately Eva did become Head, but she had to win the Hunger Games

Because it's like a discussing with people who jumped onto the train and are surprised that it is not flying.

R07 rused people into thinking that his story will be a mystery novel, when if fact it is the reconstruction of the mystery genre.

Debates are never to convince the opponent, but the people observing them.

You can debate the merits all you want, a look at the average scores and downloads shows a lack of interest in the end.

That's your interpretation of it. But it's still Battler, just has brain problems. If I lost my memories it doesn't mean I'm not myself anymore. My body, my name, my past doesn't suddenly change. I'm still me, but with amnesia. Why does talking about this vn irritate me so much

>R07 rused people into thinking that his story will be a mystery novel, when if fact it is the reconstruction of the mystery genre.

Oh this ought to be brilliant, another tvtrope spewing autist who thinks lofty lingo can pass for actual discussion. How is Umineko a "reconstruction" of the mystery genre?

I would like to remind that for all shit that Yasu gets, he was a incest child, who was castrated and raised as a female without him knowing about it, bullied by every other co-worker, hated by other family members and generally he had a pretty shitty life.

Well most of Ushiromiyas were shitty people

Discussing Umineko is annoying because the few fans it has are die hard fans who actually bought the "It's wrong to want to know the truth" line

These people unironically think Yasu is deep instead of a spiteful lunatic

But if you lose your memory completely of who you are, and you get a new personality, would you still be the same old person?
Honestly, that's one of the reasons why I like Umineko. It creates so much discussion and butthurt from both sides.

I don't really care. Yasu's plan was both cruel AND stupid.

Now, if you were to tell me Eva was a complex character I'd agree with you, because she is. But Yasu? Yasu is a dime a dozen lunatic.

I CAN'T HELP BUT LOVE YOU

BUT BELIEVE ME I'LL NEVER TIE YOU DOWN

Discussing Umineko is annoying because the few haters it has are die hard haters who actually were pissed off by the "you are a stupid goat" line.

There people unironically think that Umineko should be a classic mystery novel.

>it created a dialogue
The last bastion of the moron

Nope.
Even if you learn how to shoot an special beam cannon or something, it will eventually be explained by science.

I always though that story would be better if Yasu briber other people into playing a murder mystery event in order to troll Battler for forgetting promise and also trying to remind him about it.

But the game would by hijacked by Rudolf and Kyrie who would turn it into real murders for the gold and blame everything on Yasu

I wish the anime had gotten better ratings, i mean Umineko is one of the highest rated VNs of all time, and the anime got max 500 viewers on its original release, those numbers are pathetic. It's not like studio deen DIDNT fuck most things up, but bad animes are also the most popular *cough*SAO*cough*AoT*cough*
There's no way anyone will invest in a season 2 unless some richfag produces it as a passion project without any expectation of return on investment

Interested newfag here
What do I need to Download exactly?
Is this the whole game or do I need the game executable?

That's the entire game it's not a patch it's a complete remake in a new engine. They basically reverse engineered the ps3 version. Just follow the instructions on the site and when you download the archives and it asks for the password put in the 27 digit password that's in that post

It asks for a username. Do I just put Beta4 like they have listed on that page?

>who actually bought the "It's wrong to want to know the truth" line
I still don't get this complaint, he gave people a solution anyway, and had the manga say in big bold letters that it was the solution again for those that didn't get it the first time. Concealing the exact reasons why and just presenting someone's interpretation of the two killers was probably one of the best things about the ending, seeing how the only interpretation of the massacre that made it off the island was Eva's, and there's no way she'd really know anything about the true motives of her other family members just because of how disconnected they all were.

At this point Ryukishi's completely given up on that himself, he's throwing around what ifs for a Rose Guns anime now

download and unpack all the resource files into one folder

download and extract the script/extra data into the same folder

download the engine for ONLY your OS this is the executable

yes the website login/password is different than the archive password

Ah, nevermind. That code is for the 7z archive.

Seems to be working. Thanks user

So is the steam release like the first half of a 2 part thing or what? I thought I remember reading that there were like 5 games or something in umineko.

Basically if I buy this, how far am I away from completion once I finish it?

Also does anyone have it cheaper than steam? I'm not against paying the price but I still keep my eye out when I can.

I didn't realize R07 had to pimp his projects out to studios, i always assumed they came to him.
I stopped reading RGD halfway through season 2. Higanbara needs more love imo, the bullying theme gets my dick hard in a metaphorical way

Just download the umitweak patch or The umitweak patch is ps3 ripped sprites+voices and the slav version is a full PS3 port with all the bonuses from that edition but it's not finished.
Both are better than the shitty mangagamer version which doesn't have voices and still has the original backgrounds

Steam has one-eighth of the full thing (around 6 hours of gameplay for the average reader). The download in this thred for the new PS3 patch is one-half. You can find the original release on erogedownload or other anime torrenting sites for the full thing.

You can patch voices and BGs in the steam release fairly easily, btw. But it IS a bit of work. I bought the steam release just to look at the new artwork.

and also to throw my money at anyone willing to make umineko related projects

I want to punch Bern in the face

Just pay full price for it but just know that there's better more feature rich fan projects out there than this professional version.

why can't i just read all of them?

>$25 for 1/8 of the series
I wanted to show support and stuff for bringing stuff like umineko and higurashi state side, but them not being able to get their hands on the optimal version and bring that over kinda bums me out a bit.

Oh man, but those emotes and backgrounds tho.

If you want to read a 200 hour VN 3 times then that's up to you

>Rudolf and Kyrie
Those two suffered bad from the lack of focus, Kyrie especially.
Her motivations when not being the smart person is entirely tied to Rudolf, yet because he pissed her off, that's what gets her to go full retard and start a shootout despite it not even being best for Rudolf in the short term. Going off by the ep7 TP/ep8's manga diary scene.
I always figured the deal with them as murderers(if those two were involved) from ep1 on is that Rudolf pretty much fucks shit up, and she has to play clean up with a smile no matter her feelings. That's pretty much her life, as she abandoned the Sumaderas(likely there was no love lost, but it was all she had beside him). Yet it's outright told poor Rudolf got dragged into a mess by his crazy wife after a crazy maid failed. What gives?

Historically, the later chapters contain the previous chapters for the same price, so if steam continues the trend, you can just wait until all episodes are released and buy the latest one.

I've already read it twice ;w;

Anyway, Umineko from EP1 to 8 is around 64 hours for me. I can usually marathon the entire thing in a week

forgot to quote

so it wouldn't be like how they released higurashi? If that's the case, I'll probably get the first one and then the last one when it's finished or something along those lines.

EP7's tea party is unreliable for any scene Eva was not actually present in herself, and the manga only really shows them both covered in blood and smiling, their actual reasons for going around and killing everyone are left up in the air.

It's sort of the same point Ryukishi was making by having Yasu fuck up characterizing some of the adults in the two stories she wrote, you can only really know another person so well.

Episode 3 was the highpoint.

idk what's going with the higurashi release, did they include Onikakushi with Watanagashi or are they full kiking it by making you pay for each one individually? Cause if so, they'll probably do the same with umineko. On the other hand, the difference in prices between higurashi and umineko make me think that MAYBE they're charging $25 for a season pass of sorts to get more episodes when they're released.

But Erika wasn't in EP3 and she's the best.

I agree.

3 > 5 > 1 = 2 > 6 >> 4 = 7 teaparty > 8 >>>>>> 7

What scene is that user triggered about?

Literally nobody likes EP7 hue

Looks like it's the best minor twist in video game history.

7 was just so fucking boring. Liked the young Kinzo and Beatrice part and the teaparty was fucking amazing, but goddamn. It took me about 40 hours just to read it through.
I don't mind Will at all though, but my God it was boring.

The very end of EP 3 were Beatrice pulls the carpet on Battler and revealed she was prentending to be all cute and supportive.

yeah from what I can tell with higurashi, you pay like a few bucks a chapter and then after the chapters are out you can buy the arc as a whole and it's just the combined price of all of the chapters. Buying the bundle excludes the chapters you already bought from the price. I think they also started on another arc since chapter 4 isn't in that bundle.

So umineko could be a "testing the waters" type situation and maybe they're seeing how well people respond to that compared to their higurashi releases. Being curious about that alone lets me justify the purchase just to know how it's gonna unfold.

each one is an individual release. they're priced to match that though
the old MG release had chapters 1-4 in a single package, then chapters 5-8 as individual releases.

Christ, episode 3 was so fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=9lb0xcfFvtA

When you think about it, did Ange actually contribute anything to the plot by the end?

I didn't know there were people that DIDNT see that coming. I'm not trying to be edgy, but didn't Virgilia and Beatrice have a whole discussion about the north wind and the sun just before Beatrice started her shenanigans?

Well, she kinda is the primus motor for everything happening after the island.

Ange doesn't even exist

Did Lambadelta even do anything other than in the ending of Ep 8?

She trolled Ange a bit in EP4

Ok so in episode 4 i think ange comes and dies in the meta world and the credits for the episode said she died in 1980's, how did she die in the real world?

By throwing herself off from the skyscraper.

I dont remember the credits saying she died, but assuming what you're saying is correct, probably from jumping off that building

Before reading this, I want you to know that I'm a complete retard.

I always wanted to know more about Umineko but never had the guts to read all the VN.

Is there an anime version ? Is it good ?

Yes there is an anime version, no its not good. But if you watch the anime before reading the VN you won't even notice some of the shittiness.

The anime is seriously the worst piece of shit ever made, not even kidding. Atleast read the manga if you aren't up for the VN.

I liked the anime enough to read the VN, so it's not all bad. I mean if you watch the anime and by the end you're like "wow i really liked these themes" you could check out the VN since its alot more of a time commitment than the anime

What's it with Japanese writers and unsatisfying endings from out of left field?

MEME magic does. Praise KEK and check this 6.

all of these threads

>we will never be able to redtext

DO SOMETHING HIRO

this fucking bot is killing me

I want to FUCK Bern.

But that's Erika

but that's erika

Writers are trying to be the next Evangelion. Multiple Japanese have tried(and failed) to have an ending like that so tons of animes and video games suffered because of this. It's a shame.

You can use this image to reply to anything and you will always get a serious response.

What was up with the part were Ange is about to be killed by Kasumi and her bodyguards but then they die. Did Amakusa decide to ignore orders and snipe them?

Yes

Ange explains the scene in the Trick ending of episode 8 and in the manga version of the scene as well if you're too lazy to read the VN. Amakusa was paid to kill both sides. It benefited Okonogi and the Sumadera's for Ange and Kasumi to die.

daily reminder that magic doesn't exist

You poor nigga without love

why isn't there any good porn for this game? there's one guy who draws stuff but Beatrice's face looks like it belongs to a child with downs

I want some PS3 goat-kun porn so hard