Why do we think they'll get better?

They attack fan games.
They create versions of games nobody wants.
They destroy and homogenize every franchise they touch, and the ones they can't they just abandon.
They treat any success as a means to treat their consumer base like children.
They can't adapt to any modern technology.
They react the worst ways to marketing data, and refuse to listen their own consumers with a level of disconnect that would make a lobby-bought politician blush.
And their staples haven't been good since two console generations ago.

And yet, they're the sacred cow. They're the golden idol we all have to pretend can turn this around. Well I don't want it to turn around. I don't care if they become the new Sega, Nintendo needs to fail for all the crap they've pulled, and I frankly think it'll happen soon.

This is the middle of a console generation and we're hearing about a new hybrid but still have no information beyond speculation and hearsay. They're soft-resetting on Gen 8, with something that will place all their bets on an ever shrinking but relatively more-popular handheld market fusion. And that's all they got. Nostalgia string-tugging didn't work for the 3DS, phone games were a flash in the pan, consumer confidence is down, and the biggest news is taking down the only Nintendo-style games people have been genuinely excited for all year.

It's just, enough. Sony sucks. PC sucks. Microsoft REALLY sucks. But Nintendo? I'm sorry, but no nostalgia is going to make me feel bad for a company with this much animosity for enjoyable experiences and adaptation. Nintendo is a dying beast, and I won't mourn its passing.

Sorry if that's 'console war instigation', but fuck. Nintendo as we knew it is gone, and it's not coming back. It's time to accept it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-12-21-japans-console-market-lost-in-transition
metro.co.uk/2015/05/22/console-sales-hit-all-time-low-in-japan-5209893/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-R00BIyyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>we

>$0.01 have been deposited to your account.

This. The majority of sheeple will still support them no matter what.

Because muh nintendo

Nintendo has done a lot of fucked up things lately, but they're also a company that, sometimes through sheer luck, can practically do the impossible. Look at the Wii, look at the initial reaction to Pokemon Go (which is still reeling in some parts of the world).

I never count them out, even when it seems like they're constantly screwing up.

A new console is also a potential for a bit of a reset when it comes to tactics and brand imagery. I remember during the start of the 7th gen, Sony were the big bad guys, trying to fuck over people with their 600 dollar console. Come the 8, Microsoft were the guys wanting to put a spy camera in everyone's living room.

Still, if Nintendo doesn't start marketing the NX soon, I don't know how well it could possibly do.

>initial reaction to Pokémon Go

Lol. Still a huge success, fag. Cred Forums just pretends as if it isn't.

You guys are going to have a nasty surprise come next financial meeting where Nintendo reveals just how much they made off of it.

Nobody plays it anymore.

And sure. It was a financial success. Far more successful than their console and handheld markets. They know where the money is at now, and when the NX fails, Nintendo will shift their focus to the mobile games "platform".

You shouldn't rejoice about Pokemon Go being a financial success. It only gives them more incentive to quit traditional style games.

>nobody plays it anymore

Lol.

They don't. Is just nostalgia faggots who refuse to grow up

Nintendo hasn't changed at all. They've always been hit or miss.

They changed A LOT in the 90's, and that's why they went popular.

You could have saved time on your OP by saying "I don't like Nintendo games anymore, so I can't see myself buying the NX" That's basically what you said, some half lie facts, your opinion about their games, some true fan complaints, lots of generalizations, and thinking absolute loyalty to video game companies exist, when it does not. There is no person that buys every Nintendo game released, just like there is no person that buys every game on the Sony console either. If you have to name something people may be loyal to, its the assumption that there is a chance the company will make games that they might want. And even then, its just a assumption. And it dies once you realize you just lost interest in their IPs. Its fine, I understand that. I lost interest in Mario Kart back when the 64 version came out. I hated it, and quit it for good. I only recently got back into it with Mario Kart 8. While its fun, and I like it, I won't be buying another one till Mario Kart 12 probably. There's nothing wrong with taking a break once and a while if you are feeling franchise fatigue.

Shut up pretendo nerd, you aren't a real Nintendo fan so your opinion doesn't count for shit.

>They attack fan games.
who the fucks cares?

If there is one thing Nintendo does, for better or worse, its avoid following the typical business choices. But it hurts them, as well as helping them.

They refuse to have paid online, but it makes their online service rather bad.
They always strive to have one of the cheapest consoles on market, but it always lacks a lot in power and graphics.
They released mobile games that were a success, which makes people think they will be going mobile soon, but they state that its only to gain funds to be used towards their real games.
They made a mobile Mario, which made people think they were giving up all their IPs to mobile, but then stated it was just to get them to buy the console and handheld Mario games.

If fans can make what Nintendon't, then I care

Nintendo is just really out of touch and think things that worked in the 80's will work today, alienating anyone outside of their own

So basically they're the republicans of the gaming industry

It doesn't hurt to have some sort of faith.

I just want more fun games to play.

>I just want more fun games
You mean the "fun games" that Nintendo shuts down because of muh itellekshual propertee

They said the same with DLC. They said they won't be killing the GBA support when DS came out. They said Wii U would be for casuals and hardcore gamers.

They lied. And they will on this one it this makes you buy another Amiibo for the next Mario run

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-12-21-japans-console-market-lost-in-transition

The overall market for games in Japan is on track to have doubled in size between 2005 and 2015, and the country still accounts for something like one fifth of the global spend on games - with the Japanese market somewhere slightly north of $10 billion being a sizeable chunk of the global market, which is somewhere in the mid-$50 billions range (source: Kadokawa/Famitsu).

"Japan's games market has doubled in size in ten years" is a fantastic headline, but it disguises a great deal of complexity in those figures. There's actually some truth to what the doom-mongers claim; sales of video game hardware and software have been on a slow decline since 2007, and despite the reasonable success of the PS4 (which recently topped two million units sold in Japan), all the figures for the year to date suggest that 2015 saw revenues from these "traditional" game sectors drop again. Making up the difference, and then some, is revenue from mobile games and from online game services - with mobile now being by far the biggest revenue sector for games in Japan

Nigga, I just wanna see dozens of APOLOGIZE threads when the NX is revealed.

All the excitement about mobile does somewhat drive home the fact that the traditional console market in Japan is in a slow decline, but that's not to say that consoles aren't still big business here - especially if your name happens to be Nintendo. It's sometimes a little difficult, sitting in Tokyo, to appreciate the extent to which Nintendo's fortunes are considered troubled elsewhere in the world, because while the firm has never quite recaptured the magic of the peak days of the Wii and DS, it's still very much the dominant game company in Japan. Almost every best-selling game in Japan is a 3DS title, and the full-year top ten will almost certainly feature eight or nine 3DS games. As for home consoles, although the PS4 outsells the Wii U on a week-to-week basis, Nintendo's worst-selling home console still has a larger installed base than Sony's juggernaut here - which probably explains why Wii U exclusive Splatoon has sold better than any PS4 game in Japan this year.

One of the major things that still supports the console industry in Japan - and which may explain, to some degree, Nintendo's dominance of that industry - is the enormous popularity of franchises aimed at children, like Yo-kai Watch. Perhaps due to concerns over online content or a simple question of cost, it's still far more common to see young children sporting 3DS consoles than it is to see them with smartphones, and that's played perfectly into the hands of Level 5's enormous franchise, whose latest instalment, Yo-kai Watch Busters, is set to be the top-selling game of 2015 in Japan (and last year's chart-topper Yo-kai Watch 2 Shinuchi sold enough additional copies this year to keep it firmly in the top ten, too).

A joke about Republicans feels very 00s.

Yeah it'll be a huge success user.

I can't wait.

This isn't to say that adults aren't playing lots of games too; there's still a huge market for nostalgia in Japan that's being tapped effectively by the likes of the Dragon Quest franchise, while at the time of writing, the number two game in the annual best-selling chart is Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, which I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably isn't the latest craze among 12-year-old boys.

Coming back briefly to nostalgia, it's truly hard to overestimate just what a powerful factor this is in the Japanese videogame market. Online RPGs have made big inroads in Japan in recent years, but the two most popular games in the market are both nostalgia-fests - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is laden with homages and references to the series' past, more commonly dipping into the NES and SNES eras than the PlayStation era with which western gamers might be more familiar, while Dragon Quest X is even more heavily shrouded in the trappings of its venerable franchise. Even on the mobile front, it's hard to escape the nostalgia - games like Puzzle & Dragons boost their sales markedly when they do collaborations with other games or manga series which are often two or three decades old, while the likes of GranBlue Fantasy or Final Fantasy Record Keeper constantly hark back to the conventions and style of RPGs from the early 1990s.

I give you the DLC thing. However:
1. The GBA CONTINUED to get games after the DS came out. The GBA stopped getting games FIVE YEARS after the DS came out. So yes, they did not lie here, the GBA continued to get games long after the DS first came out. Its still bad wording though. They would have lied if they said "We will continue to support the GBA, even though the DS is coming."

2. They were right, at first. The Wii U got Wii Party U, and Wii Fit U, while it also got Pikmin 3, and Tropical Freeze. However, they quickly dropped the Wii shoveware once they realized that those people had left them. Also, just to clarify, when Nintendo says "hardcore gamers", they mean "hardcore Nintendo fans that have stayed on for a long time."

Amiibo has ran its course. The fad died.
Everyone just seems to see everything different that Nintendo does as always leading to a slippery slope. But I can't blame them, the Wii's success caused this. It seems that companies either do their best when they are failing, or their worse when they are succeeding, and its a cycle I am tired of and wished it would stop.

I generally agree with you, but just look at Breath of the Wild. Look at what Nintendo does, and what they can still do, when they actually TRY. They've been throwing out mostly rehashes for the last two or three console generations, but when they actually throw themselves into an idea, magical things can happen.

The problem is that they've spent way too much time focusing on the wrong things. Instead of changing up the formula of their games, they keep the games the same and tack gimmicks onto the interface. When you take away the stupid Wii U gamepad, or the Wii remote, or the 3D, or the touch screen, how many Zelda games over the last 15 years have been the same old shit?

Something does have to give, though. We're at a point where Nintendo can't skate by on their legacy anymore. They need to adapt or die.

metro.co.uk/2015/05/22/console-sales-hit-all-time-low-in-japan-5209893/

It’s been obvious for years now that Japan is falling out of love with traditional gaming. Home console sales have been in the doldrums for years and portable sales have also fallen considerably from the previous generation. But now things have reached a new low.

For the week ending March 17, just 235,000 console games were sold in Japan. The number one game was new release Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster on PlayStation 4, which sold just 15,913 copies.

A few years ago 100,000 would’ve been seen as a minimum expectation for any number one game, especially in its debut, but that’s now become a rarity. By the time you get down to just number 10, with Dying Light, the game sold a pitiful 3,252 copies.

Makes me wonder why Nintendo seems to really put so much emphasis on appealing to their Japanese market than western, if numbers there are overall declining.

I'm not going to hold my breath (of the wild), Zelda keeps finding new ways to disappoint.

Anyway, I don't agree with "adapting." Modern video game trends piss me off more often than not. The problem to me isn't that Nintendo hasn't changed, it's that they've become way worse. The games keep getting dumbed down in stupid ways and they've lost what little they've had in terms of diversity in their IP. You look at modern Paper Mario or turning Chibi Robo and Pikmin into bland sidescrollers and wonder what the hell happened. Why were all these once-creative series turned into the most generic forgettable titles ever?

I think I've pretty much hated every single decision Nintendo as a company has made in the last couple of years, or maybe going back to the Wii era. Nintendo has a couple of teams that are without exaggeration the best at making video games, but everything about yhe way theu run their business is frustrating. Not slimy and repulsive like Sony, not desperate like Microsoft, just incompetent and irritating. To the point where I just don't want to support them.

Look mom i posted again

>middle of a console generation
10 years isn't the standard for a generation m8, PS1 was released in 1996, PS2 in 2000, PS3 in 2006, PS4 in 2014, with PS3s 7 years having been the longest lifetime of a console

Wii U has been out now since 2012, it's been 4 years, and it will have been 5 by the time it releases

>nintendo is a dying beast
>dying
nintendo had the money to run at a deficite for the next 35+ years, past tense because Pokemon Go made them a shitton of money

I however do agree on the fact that their behaviour towards fans has been quite disconnected, if not vile.

I'll give them another chance with the NX, but if they fuck up this time, the next console they'll release afterwards I'll buy at a pawn shop, if at all.

This. I rather see them die or go as a third party than keep with this pain

>Amiibo has ran its course
Let hope that is the case

ps1 was released in 1994, my bad

>nintendo had the money to run at a deficite for the next 35+ years
public company don't work this away

>go as a third party than keep with this pain
so you're fine with nintendo going mobile only?

>Pokemon Go made them a shitton of money

That's not true. Even though Pokemon Go was somehow a succes they weren't shure if they could make good profit with the free-play model

nes 85-91 super nes 91-96 n64 96=01 gc 01=06 wii 06=12 wiiu 12-17 five years was the life of nintendo console with the exception of the nes and wii

and only 10% of the profits of go are to nintendo

>and Pikmin into bland sidescrollers and wonder what the hell happened

That's a spin off game. Pikmin 4 proper is still a separate game from that.

The single fact alone that they don't charge an annual fee of $60 just to unlock their system automatically places them above the competition.
At this rate they'll probably start charging the same way for Steam or Windows wholesale. Or both.

>Pokemon Go made them a shitton of money
>A free to play game made by the collaboration of Niantic and Game Freak, a company which they do not own a majority stake in, made Nintendo a shitton of money
Yeah no it didn't

>wuz

Now, just how many Amiibos you own?
How many NES games have you bought at full price? But I guess is okay as lo}ng as it is Nintendo, right?

Doesnt mean it isnt a bland sidescroller

Don't try to hide from the truth user.

>amiibo buying faggots will defend nintendo

its almost hard to believe

it doesn't mean that they turned Pikmin into a bland sidescroller. They didn't turn Pokemon into a fighting game after Pokken. They won't turn Pikmin into a bland sidescroller after Pikmin 3DS.

In what way is the new Paper Mario generic?
I'm not saying that the changes were a good decision, but it certainly was not due to an overarching sense of homogenising everything.
It was actually to differentiate it from the Mario and Luigi RPG's.

I own like 5 amiibos. It's really not that much. It's like a drop in the water in comparison to my non-amiibo figurine collection.
And NES games? I can only assume you're talking about the eShop, but the only NES games I have bought have been physical copies.

Either way I can choose to make these purchases and still get the full deal out of my systems since I don't own Xboxes or a PS4. Since my PC and other consoles aren't held hostage behind paywalls.
I'd much, much rather buy one or two figurines a year than pay money just to re-enable online play functionality on my console.

That's just, like, your opinion man.

Holy fuck they're still bitching about shutting down fan games

>Nintendo is a dying beast, and I won't mourn its passing
You have made a scenario in your head that fits your personal preferences.

Nintendo make good games, we want more good games so we will still purchase Nintendo products.

I'm sorry this triggers you.

Sony weren't 'bad guys', they were never perceived as being a big evil EA style tyrant for the PS3's pricepoint.

The PS3 flopped because it was expensive, the marketing behind it was some of the worst in the history of the industry, and most importantly it had NO GAEMS.

PS3 was less the big evil guy and more a huge laughing stock that was a joke until 2010, and even then that took Microsoft fucking up and losing their stranglehold on the hardcore console market, if Microsoft didn't give up in late 2009 the PS3 never would have turned around in sales.

>NES games
>full price

What? NES games usually go for $5 or less on the virtual console.

And since when were amiibos required for anything of substance?

They will literally defend anything.

Some actually don't think Star Fox Zero was garbage. Imagine being that deluded.

fuck off underaged

>And since when were amiibos required for anything of substance?

According to Cred Forums, all DLC is evil even if it's just cosmetic. Look at how much people hate Valve for it. You can't have a doubel standard and say that someone "did it right". By its nature it cannot be done right.

>Facebook is free so Zuckerberg must be living in poverty

Moron; study business.

>In what way is the new Paper Mario generic?

No new characters. 99% of characters are different colored toads. All of the enemies are traditional bread and butter mario enemies.

And fuck that final boss.

did you play it?

>They attack fan games.
It's illegal
>They create versions of games nobody wants.
Such as?
>They treat any success as a means to treat their consumer base like children.
No.
>They can't adapt to any modern technology.
No.
>They react the worst ways to marketing data, and refuse to listen their own consumers with a level of disconnect that would make a lobby-bought politician blush.
Still create the best games.
>And their staples haven't been good since two console generations ago.
No. You guys are delusional as hell.

>mfw Cred Forums told me that Nintendo would never succumb to modern cancerous trends
>a few weeks later Metroid: Federation Force is announced, which involves taking a singleplayer game, forcing multiplayer into it, and not even scaling the SP down for one person to play it, thereby making it esports trash that focused on online gamer scores and leaderboards and achievements, instead of actually making a good game
>"Nintendo still cares"

I'd rather support EA at this point. At least they're upfront about ripping me off.

>it's illegal to make fan games of Nintendo properties, but it's okay to pirate PC and PS4 and Xbox games because I don't want to follow the law involving them
Thanks for your input.

That's also illegal.

>Some actually don't think Star Fox Zero was garbage. Imagine being that deluded.

Nintendo literally sent a special message to their shareholders saying they did not expect to profit much from Pokemon Go.
Fuck off with your armchair "business" knowledge

>No

What a cop out, try again.

Overall post quality: 3.6/10

>which involves taking a singleplayer game, forcing multiplayer into it

Is Mario main franchise all over again.

Nintendo IS Japanese EA.

...do you not understand who the double standard is pointed at?

Here user, you shiny Metroid Prime 4 in 4K VR 144Hz Non-linear isolationist game, now talk about how great Nintendo is

>holy shit hes still defending nintendo
>he must be the last one left

who are you quoting?

One game, even one great game, would not be a change of behavior or direction made.

>Nintendo: Doomed since 1983 the post

They'll be fine in terms of money, not quality.

Their games are garbage.

>Their games are garbage

>uses a console shooter without KBM as an example

>what are motion controls

>KBM
>Good for shooters at all

My sides leave orbit at such a stupid comment you fucking idiot.

>motion controls ever being even near comparable to a KBM, which has been the industry standard for 20 years

Doomed as to stop making consoles and focus on mobile garbage and toys, and you seem to fine with it. This is the future you choose, now keep with the denial.

Y'know, Nintendo has made 2 games that has pissed off their fanbase and everyone is making this big deal out of "They're destroying their franchises!" and "Spitting in their fanbase's face".

Like seriously, 2 fucking games?

>EA
>Upfront about ripping you off

Pick one and only one.

>implying that mouse and keyboard are the industry standard in an industry that's defined by consoles

It's more along the lines of "they haven't made a single worthwhile title in 5+ years". Everything has either been average, played it too safe, or just wasn't that interesting.

>stop making consoles and focus on mobile garbage and toys
Oh look, it's the "Nintendo will go mobile only even though no other big gaming company has" mindset again

>defined by consoles

You mean consoles that need to be replaced less than a few years after being revealed? Which was supposed to be the strongpoint they had over PCs?

>What is Splatoon

Out of curiosity, which 2 games?

Logically moving the mouse is one motion at a constant speed. Meanwhile, Splatoon turning can be done at one of two speeds. Mainly with the stick, or the stick combined with motion control turning in the same direction. Just that alone speaks volumes of the differences between the two, simply because motion control gives more options. Or are you going to defend less options?

But don't PCs also need to have their pieces replaced every few years too?

>Amiibos
Are you for real?
Amiibos are sold for like $12 at full price. So you can buy five of them for the equivalent of one year subscription of Xbox Live or PS+.

And you really need to look at the long term.
5 years of subscription adds up to a good $300.
7.5 years of a whole $450
And 10 years amounts to fucking $600. Just to be able to play fucking online. It's more expensive than the console itself for crying out loud.
And don't even get me started on what fees like this does to deter having multiple systems. Being the idort has never been more expensive, and it's only getting worse. Just fuck off, fucking paid online apologist.

Federation Force and Color Splash

Its three actually. No, I don't care if you could get used to the different controls, that game was pure bullshit, and I say this as a long time fan of that franchise.

>every few years
Not that guy. But good gaming PCs last much longer than a typical console cycle.

>Amiibo Festival
>Mario Tennis Open
>Paper Mario Sticker Star
>Paper Mario Color Splash
>Federation Force
>Chibi Robo:Zip Lash
>Star Fox Zero
>Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

That alot of trash family

MS is getting better recently after ditching the Kinect.

Only problem is they don't fund enough exclusives

Console shooter. by definition it's not good, because you need a KBM to utilize the genre to its fullest.

>Logically moving the mouse is one motion at a constant speed
I'm gonna stop you right there. Have you ever even tweaked mouse sensitivity settings, or utilized them in tandem with the keyboard and several hundred binds?

That was a myth. If you didn't care too much about the highest edge graphics, a strict gaming computer would last you a minimum of 5-10 years, and STILL get better performance than modern consoles. Along with that, they have backwards compatibility with 90% of all consoles, and their own library of games.

I'm sure their shareholders find viable making consoles that sell less on each generation. It's clear their main interest is not videogames anymore considering they now try to expand their business into mor profitabler markets like toys, mobile garbage and even theme parks.

>Star Fox Zero
>trash

I agree with everything else though

Non-bias Nintendo fan here. You can make a case for Mario Tennis, unless its been watered down to such a point that it is Mario Party 10 tier. Which would be terrible if that's true, cause Mario Tennis are typically rather fun games. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire also don't count, cause those are just remakes.

Everything else you listed however, is in fact, trash. Horrible, unredeemable trash. Also, add that Pikmin 2D 3DS game to the list as well.

>Amiibo Festival
I'll give you that one, but reminder that another AC game came out around same time on the 3DS
>Mario Tennis Open
No one was upset about this
>Paper Mario Sticker Star
>Paper Mario Color Splash
I'll give you these two as well
>Federation Force
And this one
>Chibi Robo:Zip Lash
No one was upset about this because no one cares about Chibi-Robo, hell you probably didn't even care and just wanted to pad out your list
>Star Fox Zero
The game that tried to pander to Star Fox fans and was only shitty due to motion controls? Yeah right
>Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
lmao

>The skunk collection

This is a symbol of why hate Nintendo so fucking much.

They will let absolutely unplayable garbage, with their "Officially licensed by Nintendo" seal on it, come out on their console.

But a high quality heart and soul fan project...
SATANIC BASTARDS CEASE AND DESIST NOW

They are so fucking disgusting not only as a corporation, but as a group of human beings.

Absolutely abhorrent behavior that no one, let alone a multinational company, should be allowed to get away with.

Fuck Nintendo. I sincerely hope they go under within my lifetime. They are traitors to the industry, and video games as a whole.

>Console shooter. by definition it's not good, because you need a KBM to utilize the genre to its fullest.
t. PCuck

>no one was upset about mario tennis
Did you miss the threads or even play the game?

Tell that to all the other gaming companies

>kangz

If fans can make a game why not make it original

I saw more people upset about Ultra Smash then Open, and that game was barebones as fuck

I've never really understood this either. If you're going to put hours into replicating a video game, why not just make it your own at a certain point?

Changing the sensitivity is still just changing the speed of one thing, not two. Still superior there. As for keyboard, you can do in Splatoon what you could do with keyboard and mouse, except one small difference. You can do the same action with JUST ONE HAND instead of needing both. It's the ultimate evolution of the KBM style. All the ease of the mouse, the ease of the more difficult multi tasking of using both hands, using just one hand, plus being able to fire, jump, and speed swim, all with the other hand. Its superior in every way. The ultimate evolution of the KBM. Imagine having the keyboard combined on the mouse. Being able to do everything just on the mouse itself. THAT is Splatoon's controls in a nutshell.

>Caring about neo-nintendo

Why would you do that to yourself?

This nigga salty as fuck over a fangame

The same thing that keeps you buying their games: Nostalgia.

>I'll give you that one, but reminder that another AC game came out around same time on the 3DS
What.

New Leaf was like three years earlier. Unless you mean the equally bad interior decorator thing.

I'd say almost 40% of this board actively hates Nintendo, so your observation is ill-founded.

I didn't buy Splatoon out of nostalgia.

>t. high standards

Fixed that for you.

>Changing the sensitivity is still just changing the speed of one thing, not two.
So it's confirmed that you've never tweaked the settings of a mouse to allow for multiple speeds, instead of one constant speed. Good to know.

>you can do in Splatoon what you could do with keyboard and mouse, except one small difference. You can do the same action with JUST ONE HAND instead of needing both.

Are you saying you need more than one hand for your keyboard? Please tell me you've used a computer for long enough that you don't need both.

Your arguments just frankly make you sound like you have very little PC experience.

Wah! Why won't Nintendo allow a bunch of low quality knockoffs of Nintendo games to be released? Mother 4 when guys?

Because I still enjoy playing their games. There have made hiccups and ok'd some low bar ideas (I think the only game the I fully regret buying was #FE) but they still have made games that I enjoyed playing despite the general consensus of Cred Forums

Tropical Freeze? Wonderful 101? Pikmin 3? Mario Kart 8? A Link Between Worlds?

>Star Fox Zero
>was only shitty due to the motion controls?
>ONLY

Yeah, no, those ruined the entire game for me, and my favorite Wii U game is Splatoon. When you have to constantly be readjusting the reticule every fucking five seconds, its not you who is bad at the game, its a problem with the games controls itself. They were just too ambitious really. They wanted it to seem cool and neat, and simulate flying the aircraft for real. But it just didn't flow good and ruined the game for me, and from what I hear for a lot of people as well.

>t. biased standards
Re-fixed that for you

>Actually defending the Skunk Collection

Nintendrones are worse than ISIS.

So in other words...it was only shitty due to the motion controls?

>Look guys, it's a cool shooter that reminds you early 2000 cartoons aesthetics!

Yes, you did

>Actually defending the Skunk Collection

I wasn't a fan of them at first but I got used to them after about 30 minutes. Something clicked and then the game was really enjoyable.

What's much worse than the motion controls is the amount of content. It should have been $40 at most.

I'm not going to say that any of those games are bad, but I have alot of grievances with each one.

>Tropical Freeze?
Way too easy. It might seem decent if you compared it to a cinematic game like Uncharted, but for someone who has to have enough APM To fight koreans in Starcraft, Donkey Kong offers not a single challenge, and it's just another bland platformer.

>Wonderful 101?
Too much story, too much cringeworthy voice acting, gameplay is hit or miss, those vehicle segments pissed me off, final boss was disappointing quick time event.

>Pikmin 3?
Same problem as Donkey Kong. No innovation in terms of how the game challenges the player. It tries being "cute" and "comfy" but forgets to be good challenging game in the process.

>Mario Kart 8?
Too much DLC. I refuse to buy a game at full price, only for them to ask more money for content.

>A Link Between Worlds?
A bland re-tread of LTTP, with a story that's painfully obvious and kinda boring to go through. Gameplay once again plays it too safe, and the player is never challenged. You're lucky if you fight more than a few enemies at any given time. Don't want to overwhelm the kids.

Multiple speeds is still just one speed. A choice of different speeds. I am talking two seperate devices causing two seperate degrees of speed. This can be done on KBM in games where you use the arrow keys for one speed, and the mouse for the other, but again, you need a hand for each device to do it.

>Are you saying you need more then one hand for your keyboard?

No, but I am saying you need one hand. Which is where it fails. You DO use one hand for the keyboard, and one hand for the mouse right? Then you failed. Splatoon does all of that with one hand, keyboard and mouse BOTH.

Want to prove me wrong? Post a picture of using the mouse AND the keyboard BOTH with ONE hand. I'm waiting.

Mario Kart's DLC is more like an expansion then dime and nickeling the consumer, but I understand and respect your other points.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-R00BIyyE

This is what you're defending right now.

You should not be allowed to play video games.

This is some cleverly hidden bait

>Saying someone is whining about fangames is the same as defending a shitty indie game
wew lad

see

NINTENDO OFFICIALLY LICENSED THIS ROTTEN GARBAGE

YOU WORTHLESS FUCKING MEMESPOUTER

Found the Commie chink that has no original ideas of his own

>NINTENDO OFFICIALLY LICENSED THIS ROTTEN GARBAGE
And? Microsoft has tons of garbage on their online store

You are a disgusting parasitic cancer on the industry.

Just like Nintendo.

>I am talking two seperate devices causing two seperate degrees of speed, you need two hands for it
>I've never bound two degrees of speed to my left and right click, or left click + roller

If you've never touched a PC, You only had to say.

>Splatoon does all of that with one hand, keyboard and mouse BOTH.
Then why is the gamepad designed to be held with two hands?

Not even the same guy but I agree with him with MK and DLC. I don't like to buy incomplete games. Perhaps if they have made all the new content an expansion and sell it as a whole pack,,,

But the hook isnt the bait. This image makes no sense

>Perhaps if they have made all the new content an expansion and sell it as a whole pack,,,
user...

>It's okay when Nintendo does it.

Pathetic.

>I agree with him with MK and DLC

I don't quite understand why you're singling out Mario Kart for DLC issues.

>Nintendo is the cancer of the industry when they do it

look mom!

Not that guy, I'm the original poster. If Nintendo wants to release DLC, they should do it for free, or just make it cosmetic. I'm sick of people being able to buy characters that give them an edge. Now, I never bought Mario KArt DLC, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they don't affect the game badly, but Smash Brothers is a prime offender of this. I don't care what tier Cloud and Bayonetta are in, nobody should be allowed to gain access to them just because they can spend more money.

what is kirby doing

Not that guy. I never played Wonderful 101, or A Link Between Worlds, so I have no comment on those. However, for the others you are making it really obvious that you never even played those games before. Its like someone entering the thread to say "I didn't like Skyrim. It didn't have the cars that I like to drive, it had bad car choices." Obviously, everyone would be ignoring them, because what they said makes no sense. That's how it is here. Tropical Freeze difficulty changes throughout the game, saying its too easy or too hard is both wrong. Plenty of the fights in Pikmin 3 can actually be challenging. Mario Kart 8 is one of the few rare times where DLC is done right. As in, you don't even need it to experience the full game. Really, you just seem to be stating really bland generic generalizations with no thought behind them.

It's doomed without a doubt

>n shiet

Just to confirm, you hate this practice when every other developer/publisher does it also

>I'm sick of people being able to buy characters that give them an edge
I hope you do realize that most of the characters in Mario Kart play the exact same, right?

>Tropical Freeze difficulty changes throughout the game, saying its too easy or too hard is both wrong. Plenty of the fights in Pikmin 3 can actually be challenging.
This sounds like someone who's never played a PC game, or a twitch shooter, or a competitive RTS, or even a kaizo platformer. You think that's difficult? Come into my world and you'll see true challenge and skill.

>Mario Kart 8 is one of the few rare times where DLC is done right
There is no such thing as "DLC done right". All of it has to be free, or it's a ripoff to me as the paying customer.

>Implying I ever said anything like that
I said your brainless consumer cockhole was the cancef for enabling anti-consumer buisness practices

Say it with me.

IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT!

>complaining about trademarks being enforced

you people need to simply off yourselves

I hope you read the part in my post where I said "I didn't buy any Mario Kart DLC, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here". I'm more pissed at Smash Brothers and getting killed by Ryu and Cloud players online. Being outmatched is one thing, but I can't even practice against them, or learn their moves, because I have to shell out money to get them.

>Just to confirm, you hate this practice when every other developer/publisher does it also
Without a doubt. Look at how Valve has ruined their games with cheap neon cosmetic crap that, even when it doesn't directly affect the game, it ruins optimization by having the game chug at 20 FPS.

>Left
>Right

Ah I see, well said in that regard.

>Then why is the gamepad designed to be held with two hands?

What kind of question is that? That's just how the device was designed. I guess I should explain. The left stick moves the camera, while motion control also moves the camera. The right side has the stick that moves the character, the trigger to swim, the buttons to jump or shoot. EVERYTHING, besides manual camera, is on the RIGHT SIDE of the gamepad. Since motion controls have the camera, you can literally play the entire game with your right hand if you wanted to, the rest is optional.

This generation has really killed my interest in video games. I was having a hard time last gen despite owning all 3 consoles, but with the way video games are going I find it hard to care anymore.

That being said, I still regularly find Nintendo games fun, even if they aren't as good as the generations before. I find what's released on Nintendo consoles qualify the most as actual games that I can have fun with, even if my library is smaller.

I'll be buying an NX anyway because while I'm not crazy about video games like I was maybe 10-15 years ago, I'm still going to want the new version of Mario Kart, Zelda, etc.

I'm hoping the NX works out while at the same time not caring too much because I know what I'm getting. I don't necessarily think Nintendo will get better (and I really don't like a lot of recent decisions they've made in regards to localizing and censoring), but I can't see them getting any worse.

>Without a doubt

Okay. I appreciate seeing some consistency here.

>It's cancer when Nintendo does it

>There is no such thing as "DLC done right". All of it has to be free, or it's a ripoff to me as the paying customer.

This, so much this. Fuck you if you think I should pay for content I supposed to have for free.

>I don't know about MK8's DLC, so let's start talking about Smash Bros's now

I don't, I have no interest in the NX at all after Wii-U.

Even the Vita has more games than it, truly fucking sad and pathetic.

>I'm not old enough to know that expansion packs where once a thing

Okay, now answer me this: does Splatoon let you use any controller that you want? Does it let you freely change the controller without a single restriction? Can I use a KBM to play it? No? Then it's still restricting me.

Furthermore, I can make a myriad of binds and options to play entire games just with one hand. I did it with Cave Story even Beat everything, including Hell Sanctuary, without a mouse or a gamepad.

>Comparing Donkey Kong to Kaizo

>people conned customers out of money for scraps in the past, so it's okay to repeat it now

lolwut

So many adults play Pokemon Go, why do you think its fucking advertised on anyone who has a poke stops' billboard. For people, you know, old enough to drive maybe? (at least 16) Get out of that rock you're under.

>New content is bad because I'm a cheap jew

I just bought a Vita. I'm having difficulty finding these "more games" that aren't bottom of the barrel weeb trash. So far I've found four decent games, one of which (MGS2) isn't even a vita game. Rest are Wipeout (which isn't even as good as the PSP version let alone the PS3 version) Dragon's Crown and Gravity Rush

>one is a free game made with a level editor that can be attained online, has no restrictions, and doesn't shove DRM down your throat (Ilooking at you Mario Maker)
>the other is a 60 dollar cash-in

The former sounds awwwful tempting.

I take weebtrash over fucking rehashed 2D platfomers since that all the Wii-U has sweetie :^)

>buy a full game
>a year later buy an additional half of the original game's worth of content for $12

>This desperation

Oh god, you sound underage as fuck

Because of BotW

Seriously, that's it. It looks fantastic. As someone who's been disappointed with the series since TP, BotW looks like a worthy successor to the Zelda franchise

Also Splatoon was genius, and Sun and Moon are looking like they're putting actual effort into it

>good game releases and is met with critical praise
>they more than triple the content FOR FREE
>yet Nintendo can't be bothered to do the same because of their greed

Sounds to me like you fellas backed the wrong company.

You are basically saying that once a game releases, developers should not be allowed to make more content for the game, unless that content comes for free, correct?
If so, who does this practice hurt the most? The consumer? Or the developer? Who is harmed by this the most?

Not desperation when it facts. :^)

Did I triggered you nintentoddler?

Kaizo isn't a level editor you retard, it's something MADE with a level editor

Also lmao @ calling DKC a cash in

Nintendo had shitty practices going back to the 80's at least. This is nothing new.

I'm not defending them in any way in case some one takes it that way

>They attack fan games.
Empty melodrama. They halt the distribution of fan games because those games violate their IP rights. Boo hoo.
>They create versions of games nobody wants.
They're not sitting in a basement somewhere rubbing their hands together going "how can we disappoint the Metroid fan base?" They obviously think the games will be wanted when they come up with them. Sometimes they get it wrong.
>They destroy and homogenize every franchise they touch, and the ones they can't they just abandon.
It seems like most of their major fanchises aren't destroyed though...
>They treat any success as a means to treat their consumer base like children.
Their target consumer base *is* children.
>They can't adapt to any modern technology.
Their strategy is to keep costs down by not using the latest technology. Like it or dislike it, this is not about can or can't.
>They react the worst ways to marketing data, and refuse to listen their own consumers with a level of disconnect that would make a lobby-bought politician blush.
What marketing data? Show it to me.
They've had some failures where they didn't "listen to their own consumers." But they've also had some massive successes that way. They're going to keep doing what they think is best, not caving to pressure, for better or worse. Personally I'd rather have at least someone trying new things than just another black bluray player that also functions as a gimped gaming PC.

Except PlagueKnight wasn't free. You already paid for him when you bought the game.

>He even posts like he's 12 years old

wewew

Say piipoo next, because you assume I even own a nintendo console shitposter

>Cherrypicking developers
Hoo boy, are you just going to ignore the games where Nintendo has free DLC as well?

>Anime poster pretending to be a nintenyearold

(you)