youtube.com/watch?v=_HmH5FK-R8Y
youtu.be/W08NrImj8SE
youtube.com/watch?v=t67L5cAoa7E
youtube.com/watch?v=Ql_tjtuimWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what game?

Double Dash

Is that from double dash?
It wasn't great but It was better than all of the SNES/GBA tracks.

I remember it being fun as fuck to drift through.

wrong picture, OP

>i can't drift between the pirahna plants because i'm bad at games: the post

Its the Mario Kart 8 version

>i cant drift, the post

FUCK DK PASS
THIS IS THE ONLY TRACK IN MARIO KART I ACTUALLY FUCKING DESPISE

Rainbow Road 64 is overrated as fuck. They almost finally fixed it with the MK8 remake but decided to make it only 1 lap instead of 2.

It's not that bad. Not even the worst track in any of the games it's featured in.

i think that spot goes to mushroom gorge

>Fucking bouncy mushrooms make you lose all control of your car
>Youre at the mercy of the mushrooms bouncing you to the proper spot
>Almost always never land and you fall off course
This map can suck my ass

Moo Moo farm is the most boring ass shit and it can suck my fucking cock

Definetly and without doubt, fuck this level so much. REEEE

Sherbet Land is the worst hands down. Almost all the turns outside of the cave are too fucking sharp.

Moonview Highway is a fucking clusterfuck. Bone Dry Dunes also has some really tight turns, especially right at the very end.

I'm still thankful MK8 forced you to pick from a random pool of tracks compared to MKWii's Eternal Mushroom Gorge:Guest Starring Rainbow Road.

yeah DK pass is pretty bad

The DK Jungle course in MK8 is pretty unfun, too.

Wasn't one of these inspired by Coco Park? Thought I read that somewhere.

Personally, the only thing I didn't like about Yoshi Circuit is that shortcut in the beginning. I know people would purposely hang back just to get a mushroom/golden mushroom to boost through that part.

what do you think his islands smell like haha

Literally my favorite map.
My Second favorite is Mansion of Madness

Hell yeah.
Once you get the hang of chain drifting, the entire game becomes a cakewalk. This track is especially fun to drift.

>ITT bad drivers and worse opinions

Mushroom Gorge is fun as fuck, get out of here

GOAT map coming through.
Literally drifting the entire time. Initial D: The Circuit

Samefagging. Mario Kart Wii is second best Mario Kart, only because Double Dash is Double Dash.

That track is fine in MK8. The worst track is Baby Park. Or the Wii version of Wario Stadium.

>People that never found the hidden item box that gave red shells, mushrooms, and stars even when in first place.

I've gotten in 3 accidents irl where I should have died and I owe it all to practice in Mario Kart and Halo 3

>worst map
>not GBA Rainbow Road

The fact that it's next up for a remake in Mario Kart 9 fills me with despair

MK7 was pretty bad in this regard too. Especially before the Maka Wuhu glitch was patched out. And even after that, it was still nothing but Ranibow Road and SNES Rainbow Road every other race.

>Mario Kart Wii is second best Mario Kart
its the absolute worst Mario Kart. A major reason being 12 racers on levels made for 8 racers. Plus bumping into anything brings you to a stop, the worst RNG in the series, unbalanced racers, worst level selection, laggy online and more. Mario Kart 8 improved on literally everything. Including taking the levels that were too small in MKWii and making them big enough for 12 racers.

wew

DEJA VU

I knew about that, also some snow parts don't slow you down. but I hate the music, and overall dislike the track layout.

The accidents or the fact that you survived?

Don't worry, user, they'll jazz it up completely and bring it up to modern standards. Just look at what they did with Cheese Land and Ribbon Road. They'll probably remove Bowser's flying castle though.

And GBA Rainbow Road's music is underrated as fuck, too. Looking forward to hearing a remix with live instruments.

youtube.com/watch?v=_HmH5FK-R8Y

I HAVE BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

All you had to do was drive straight down the middle and bounce at the apex of each mushroom at high speed.

The only real danger was somebody bumping you off course with a physical collision or item.

Actually, I wasn't too happy with Ribbon Road. The track is fun, but I think they changed it too much aesthetically.

That's why you play a large character and Offroader

But the babies are the best in MKWii. As long as you get into first place, no one can ever touch you. Yet another thing broken about MKWii.

What game had the best tracks and why was it DS?

I guess they did take a lot of liberties with Ribbon Road, but as far as revamping a Rainbow Road stage, I can't really see how they'd change the aesthetic too drastically much. The worst I can think of would be making it another space station like MK8's RR, but it would probably get something closer to MK64 RR's treatment, and that was aces (aside from it being a segmented course; shit's way too short, it should have been 2 laps or something.)

I completely agree about N64 RR being perfect in MK8 except for the lap thing. I should probably be more optimistic.

>have wait until MK11 for RR DS
>have to wait MK12 for glorious HD RR Wii
Fuck

Wario's Goldmine would like to talk to you after class about this.

Wario's Goldmine is fucking atrocious. Yoshi's Island is great and you're a collossal faggot..

I think you mean Baby Park

>City Escape not in Excellent tier
Fuck you guy.

This is correct

>wario's gold mine and dragon driftway anywhere but trash

They're the best until 9th place Bowser comes along with a gold mushroom.

Question, is King Boo the worst character? He seems heavier than the rest, and in the worst way possible.
He's a ghost for Christ's sake

Rainbow Road Wii was fucking amazing, my man. In terms of its difficulty, fun level, and music, it's probably overall my favorite one. Sure RR 64 is nostalgic and iconic, but going back to play it, it's really uneventful and too long for its own good.

>Mushroom gore

Should I buy mk8 right now

i actually like this one

I'm taking back what I said about MKWii being second best.

DS was the shit

This for sure

Can't believe it's part of the Mushroom Cup

yes

I just hope it isn't turned into one big lap like they did N64 RR.

fucking casuals

Sunshine Airport is my favorite map in Mario Kart history. I don't even know why I love it so much, it just feels great to play on.

>track called Mushroom Gorge is part of Mushroom Cup
Seems obvious to me

Yes but you'll also need the DLC or it's poorfag city with barely any races online for you. This ain't Smash where the dlc is completely optional.

I don't know, the GBA Mario Kart was kinda shit. I'm sure they will update them proper in future installments, but that was the least fun game by far. Well other than MKWii's infuriating fucking 150cc mode.

Why would they? RR 64 is the only one that was ever fucknormously huge to the point where it was pretty much required to shorten the race. Most other courses throughout the years have been pretty average in length.

I'm waiting for them to bring back Wario Colosseum still, and I really hope that one doesn't become a segmented stage too.

The desert tracks are all worse. Fuck both of them, especially the one before Bowser's Castle.

MK8, MKDS, and MKWii had the best tracks in the series.
>Waluigi Pinball
>Coconut Mall
>Choco Mountain
>Moo Moo Farms
>Grumble Volcano
>Maple Treeway
I'm fucking pissed that MK7 took away Coconut Mall and Maple Treeway from MK8. Imagine seeing beautiful HD Maple Treeway. My fucking God.

just pirate it you fag

GBA Mario Kart's problem was the fucking coin requirements.

If they weren't there, I wouldn't hate it so fucking much. When some GBA tracks started showing up in Double Dash and future games, I was ecstatic.

WHERE MY SEWER SPEEDWAY NIGGAS AT??

Literally the best drift track

figure-8 circuit was best for snaking

>tfw Wario Colosseum was literally the ideal track to bring back in MK8
Some at Ninty HQ needs to be slapped.

>MKds, Wii, 7, and 8 were all good
I hope 9 continues the trend.

Space Station Rainbow Road is far and away the best one, though. Both in terms of lay out and aesthetics. Not to mention music.

In terms of Rainbow Roads:
MK8 > MKDD = MKDS > MK Wii > MK7 > Super > Super Circuit > 64

Sounds like someone can't hop over the grass between the piranha plants

>MK64 RR in MK8
OH MY GOD YE--
>it's trash
>also no Battle arenas

Most fitting pic I have - there's no image that can express my rage.

>Maple Treeway in HD with a glorious setting sun in the background
I'm in tears.

they were all good at the time of their release
even GBA and 64

No one liked this track.

I'm pissed that almost all of MK7's original stages were garbage, but all of its retro stages were god tier.

>MK7 used up Coconut Mall, Maple Treeway AND Koopa Cape, three of the best Wii stages besides DK Summit and Daisy Circuit
>Used up Koopa Troopa Beach, Kalamari Desert, Airship Fortress, Daisy Cruiser
>Used up Waluigi Pinball IN THE ONE GAME WALUIGI WASN'T EVEN IN

>We could have had so many of these in HD but they're trapped forever in 240p until enough time passes to where Nintendo feels comfortable bringing them back (like how GCN Yoshi Circuit's last appearance was in MKDS 11 years ago)

This is like the worst fucking list I have ever seen

No, this is the worst track. Who even likes it?

It's good, but you need a couple of tier drops.

>Down to boring/shit tier
Bone Dry Dunes
Music Park
Dragon Driftway

>Down to Adequate
Neo Bowser City
Yoshi Circuit
Dolphin Shoals (FUCK THAT LAST PART OF THE TRACK WITH A RAKE)
>Down to Good Tier
N64 Rainbow Road
SNES Rainbow Road

Yeah the coins were a pain in the ass too. I remember the GBA version having a bunch of tracks too. And yeah the updated tracks are nice but it's really the only Kart I can't go back to play.

I'm still recovering from Amiibo festival.

me

Man I love Vice City!

Wario Colosseum was great. What they need to do is switch up the length of the courses in each cup, so you have 1 long course, 1 short course, and 2 medium courses. That way you could have non neutered N64 Rainbow Road, but it'd be in a cup with a short course, like Donut Plains 3

No one likes it but they don't hate it either. It's literally just there.

Water Park belongs in boring tier
N64 Royal Raceway belongs in god tier
Also how is Ice Ice Outpost just "adequate"? That one is a very fun drifting track from what I remember

MK7 worst game in the series, all agreed?

also
>Dolphin Shoals
>Great
seriously? one of the worst tracks in the game alongside GCN Dry Dry Desert

P L E B

>Used up Waluigi Pinball IN THE ONE GAME WALUIGI WASN'T EVEN IN
I still wonder who was the retard behind this.

No battle arenas was inconsequential when the rest of the game was perfection.

Would've been nice to have them, but it doesn't really bother me. Battle was only good in 64 and DD anyways.

>N64 Rainbow Road at the top
Absolutely fucking not

They butchered that track beyond recognition, everything that made it cool is gone

cherrypicking.png

Here's mine.

>God tier
MKWii RR
>High tier
MKDS RR, MK7 RR, MK:DD RR
>Dated but sentimental tier
MK64 RR, SMK RR
>Good tier
MK8 RR
>Oh shit nigger what the fuck are you doing tier
MK:SC RR

I think it's neat what they tried with MK8's, but I've always been a bigger fan of the "magical"-feeling Rainbow Roads. And MK8's doesn't really have much meat to it, it's just a tight 8-shaped turn, then flying into a space station that copies the Toad Factory conveyor belts, then flying onto a forked road for pretty much the rest of the course. Otherwise, it's still pretty visually stunning, and I like how lore-wise it ties in with the whole MKTV satellite thing.

Shit, why did MK8 suddenly put so much attention to detail into lore and world-building? For a MK game, that is.

I think all the hate from Dolphin Shoals comes from buttmad heavies

That includes me. Fuck that map.

fuck I didn't even notice that

only fun part of that track is seeing how tightly you can corner on some of the long turns. other than that it's such a bore and the music sucks

Kirby's Rainbow Curse and Triforce Heroes were good, though. So was STEAM, after they patched out the horrendous waiting times.

>used up
What?

Is there some sort of rule that a stage can't show up in a future game after one time or something?

Its the worst for using GOAT tracks that would've looked fan-fucking-tastic in MK8. If I forget MK8 exist then the worst game is forever MKAdvance

git gud

actually the music is the only part of it they didn't ruin

Bike user detected.

I still think MK8's is the best, purely because it has a significant shortcut that isn't completely broken (like in 64), and it has a lot of really fucky turns with no guardrails. It's the most fun to play as max speed Wario, riching critical speeds.

I was actually in the top 5 times for the stage back in mid 2014.

>But the babies are the best in MKWii
Literal best is Funky Kong.

So many fucking casuals in this thread. Are you the casual fucks that demanded snaking be removed because you cant drift??

Mushroom gorge of all things. You should kys if you dont catch speed off the mushrooms.

I retroactively started hating it because of MK8. Not to mention it gave us some of the worst tracks in MK8 that could've been filled with beautiful shit like Maple Treeway, or Toad City.

youtu.be/W08NrImj8SE

It's an unspoken rule that a retro track used isn't allowed to reappear in the next MK of course Yoshi Circuit broke this rule when it appeared in MK8 despite being used in MKDS. Guess being DLC bypasses it.

Yes. It has the worst music as well. Not a single memorable or catchy track, and then you got completely off the wall and dissonant garbage like this too:

youtube.com/watch?v=t67L5cAoa7E

There has been zero overlap in terms of returning stages in MK games up until 8, which brought Yoshi Circuit and SNES Rainbow Road back as DLC. It's always been like an unspoken rule that they try to bring back stages only if they haven't been brought back before.

If they're ever gonna re-recycle stages, it's gonna be ones that haven't reared their heads in a very long time, like Frappe Snowland PLEASE because they've already run out of N64 stages to pick from, except for Wario Stadium.

Funky Kong is only good for WRs, when items come into play it's unpredictable.

Donut Plains 3 and Sweet Sweet Canyon are great. Ice Ice Outpost and Sherbet Land are the worst.

I have only 2 complaints with MK8

1. The lack of a good Battle Mode
2. The game doesn't end after the 2nd to last place crosses the finish line, letting salty 12th placers hold people hostage

>learning that you can hop off a few of the turns that don't have guardrails and just land on a later section of the track
>all my friends were too chicken-shit to try it, so I always had an advantage

>Not a single memorable or catchy track
But that's objectively wrong because it stole Waluigi Pinball, Coconut Mall, and Maple Treeway

Realtalk though Double Dash's Rainbow road was the most boring map in the game.

>nostalgia track, F-Zero anything and Wario anything praised as the best
It's as Cred Forums as this gets.

HAHAHA OH MY GOD KID
G I T
U
D

Sherbet Land is great. Fuck Donut Plains 3.

t. Heavy user

I could never truly hate MK7. Its alot funner to bully people because it doesn't have the same item balance as 8.

The middle of the Mushroom Cup always has to have those boring bland stages that ease the player into the mechanics. It usually takes until 1-4 for the stage design to pick up a bit.

I think MK8 managed to avert that, though. Water Park and Sweet Sweet Canyon are pretty based for babby levels.

needs deus ex and jojo

I like it but I think that's just because of having played it so fucking much with friends who didn't have a copy of Mario Kart DS.

Wario is always the best character in Mario Kart. Always.

Though I do like switching to Waluigi, Rosalina, DK, Link, and Villager. Sometimes.

Yeah, but it could've been cool if they let some shortcuts/setbacks work. It should be like MK8 and MK64 where you can skip parts of the track by jumping

>2. The game doesn't end after the 2nd to last place crosses the finish line, letting salty 12th placers hold people hostage
What? I remember the game ending after a bit even if the last person didn't get to the end.

Give it an HD paint job in MK10 and it'll be pretty to look at.

Wario is only cool in his own games. He's try hard "chill" or "bro" tier fagbait in spinoffs.

But that's not Rainbow Road

It's so true I just vomited a little in my mouth.

No. I race with my brother and sister all the time. Sometimes my sister gets salty about losing, and will just drive around until one of us gets up to slap her.

>Villager
MAH BOY

I am weirdly good at this track, no idea why. We played a ton of Mario Kart Wii in college and I was only slightly above average on my floor, but I always got first place here and Rainbow Road.

The worst track is Banshee Boardwalk

>Wario courses
>not the best courses

I default to gold kart Wario every time I play, but I'll play everybody.

Yeah, nah, fuck off. Wario is only bad in Smash Brothers and Wario Ware. Le funny fart man needs to die.

Are you all playing offline? I could have sworn online was "Fuck you, you lost"

>all these turboplebs whining about MK7
Embarrassing, it's so fun to play online.

casual detected

ive always had this pet theory that DK pass is based on suzuka (which automatically makes it the GOAT mario kart track)

what u guys think?

I did like bikes in MKWii, but I was never competitive in that game. That said, I like the stage because it has great music, a great layout, and doing tricks off the ramps was fun, especially in the figure-8 part before the cannon launch. It's also sufficiently difficult and fun to master.

What is the best track and why is it Toad's Turnpike Mirror Mode?

I still have fun bullying people online. I miss bullying Cred Forums. Those were fun weekends.

If so that's a shit representation of Suzuka
If you want real racing stick to GT or forza
by the way, how is forza horizons 3? i don't have an xbone and my pc is garbage

Real talk, the worst tracks in Mario Kart, as a franchise, are:
>Banshee Boardwalk
>Dry Dry Desert
>Figure 8 Circuit
>Music Park
>Vanilla Lake 1 and 2
>Donut Plains 2 and 3
>Boo Lake
>Desert Hills
>Bone Dry Dunes
>Peach Gardens
>Dry Dry Ruins
>Rosalina's Ice World

Every game is an offender.

Yeah, we play couch co-op. My little sister pulls that shit after like 10 races, since she's usually 2nd - 4th.

And the thing is to bully right the fuck back, it's fun, like a little clash. MK7 is great.

i'm still fucking pissed that they didn't let you battle on a wii u

>Music Park
You need a swift kick to the nuts

Learn to drift.

Toads Turnpike is one of the worst city stages in any Mario Kart, only better than Neo Bowser City

That being said, racing stages are among the best stages in the series. I'd only put Ice stages above them.

I didn't like MK7 much but it led to some fun times, let me tell you what.

Mario Kart Wii is the epitome of Mario Kart

All 64 and 3DS tracks are pretty much pure unfiltered garbage.

You can't say confident in the belief that Kalimari Desert or Daisy Hills aren't some of the worst tracks in Mario Kart history.

Eat a dick. I should not be having to slow my turn as a heavy outside of 200cc.

Music Park can seriously go fuck off. Lightweight faggots need to neck themselves unless it's Toad/Toadette/Shyguy, then you're alright

Bite me, you whiny faggot.

Daisy Hills at least looks nice. Better than 3/4ths of the other tracks in MK7.

Most of this list is pretty respectable, but

>Dry Dry Ruins

Fuck you.

snes rainbow road is goat. It was the trolliest fucking level in the game

>tfw sm4sh perma-killed Cred Forums's mario kart community

I havent touched mario kart in a while, are these all tracks from just 8 that were added in DLC's or is this list across various games?

>gba mario circuit
>boring
please

>ever needing to slow down
>EVER

LEARN TO DRIFT YOU CASUAL

Maybe I was a little harsh on it. I do like the filling sand. It's just that I have an irrational hateboner for all desert stages because every single other desert stage in the series is hot garbage.

Eat shit, little squit. Moray Towers and the factory are the worst stages in Splatoon. Blackbelly Skatepark, Saltspray Rig, and the biodome are GOAT

t. lunar

t. luigi

GONNA GET YOU

LIKE A SPACE BOY

>needing to slow down as heavy

DRIFT MORE YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

Smash and Mario Kart share a significant part of their player base. Kinda like Metroid and F-Zero and Star Fox, or Kirby and Paper Mario.

>Rig in GOAT

You have redeemed yourself. Carry on.

N64 RR goes to adequate tier because it's only one lap.

this course makes me happy in a way I can't explain

>because every single other desert stage in the series is hot garbage.

That's true, but Ruins is the single exception in my opinion. Fun as fuck stage to play, great music (and pretty much the only good desert song in the whole series, I might add.)

youtube.com/watch?v=Ql_tjtuimWc

Getting a full drift will land you straight into a shit pit. You have to mash b to stop yourself from careening off the edge. And god forbid that one smarmy cunt place a banana right where all of the heaviest heavies HAVE TO drift.

Seriously, Mario Kart peaked with the first one.

>That back side of Yoshi's head.

Why the fuck even bother? The only way to efficiently get through that shit is just plow straight through it.

In terms of gameplay mechanics, yes, but the courses get samey after an hour of play and only 2 players is a bummer

What a rude thing to say

We're talking Music Park, right? I don't know which part you're referring to, you mean the piano keys? What Kart/Bike setup are you using?

Nintendo games have given me an irrational hatred of desert stages. And that sucks, because I live in a desert.

Though Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Xenoblade Chronicles X proved that not all desert stages are sadistic garbage, I'm still apprehensive after SMB3, NSMB series, Kirby 64, Metroid Prime 2, F-Zero, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, and Star Fox.

>tfw these tricks don't work as well in Mario Kart 8

user is rude! RUDE!

Kill, fuck, marry

>first weekend of 200cc
>everyone falling off at the s-turn

I want a whole lot more single run tracks like Wario Mountain and F-Zero. But I also want them to create stages which can be played fully backwards and not just flipped mirror mode. Obviously both can't be done.

Only the heaviest, speediest fuckers in the game. That tracks' existence is why I started playing Villager a shit ton. He's just fast enough, with the right parts, to rival Wario, but he can also survive the piano parts and the parts after the music notes.

I hope by factory you don't mean Walleye Warehouse, that shit is fun as hell. Everything else is pretty accurate, though.

fuck you
kill yourself
marry your mom

>mfw I have to scroll this far down to find the correct answer

There will never be a track worse than Wario's Gold Mine. It is the worst of every single track in the history of Mario Kart. Why is this not everyone's first response?

I'd only fuck Daisy if she was flat and had breast envy. Otherwise it'd be Peach.

And then Marry Rosalina.

>King K didn't make it into Smash
I'M STILL FUCKING MAD FUCK BAYOSHITTA NOBODY PLAYED HER GARBAGE GAMES

MARIO KART MAKER

WHEN

In my opinion, it's just a shame that desert levels are always so boring. They never spice them up, it's almost always the same Egyptian bullshit.

It was cool how Kirby 64 at least had that purple-ass laboratory in the desert though.

Yeah, no, fuck Walleye Warehouse. I'm S-rank and have played over 300 rounds, and I have not ONCE seen an even match on that shit stage. It's always a stomp for either team. Like, not even a forgivable 40-60% stomp, or a last minute push with the Rain Maker, but a fucking 20 - 80% stomp.

It's easily the worst of the original 5 stages.

All the tracks in Mario Kart 8.

Why, so she can be envious of your manboobs in bed?

This, really. The "don't move" and "just hold forward" maps from Mario Maker were the most fun I've had in a Nintendo game in years.

Because the turns are great, those 2 huge drops are fun as shit, and the shortcut is actually a longcut, so I get a giggle whenever I see retards like you, who don't know the map, take it and get a worse time by like 4 - 5 seconds.

>someone was this fanny flustered over Rosa
This is either some vintage butthurt from the Nintendo's Lightning era or just a pooper peeved Daisyfat.

>The "don't move" and "just hold forward" maps from Mario Maker were the most fun I've had in a Nintendo game in years.

You and I have very differing opinions about what we consider "fun"

Auto scrolls are beyond a waste of time

No, she's only sexy if she has envy problems. She'd be jealous though, in like 6 - 7 months. My pecs are starting too look SUPERIOR as fuck since I started lifting. My abs are starting to get more defined, too.

>and the shortcut is actually a longcut

Not the person you're replying to, but is it? Shit, I've been bamboozled this whole time.

Max heavy here. I drive Morton in the yellow car with slicks. Beat all cups, on 200cc, getting first every time, without having fallen off once. Every track has a way, even in 200cc to take the turn without slowing down or falling off. Git gud, scrub.

it's just banter, man.
You've never been in the mario kart miiverse?

Yoshi falls is just alright.

It's like that guy that you would never invite to hang out or have a personal relationship with, but who you'd be fucking pissed on behalf of if someone ever did something bad to him.

Well, K. Rool was just about the worst choice for a DK character anyway. All the other villains are better.

Jesus fuck that is a lot of tracks, I forgot how many of them there were.

>My pecs are starting too look SUPERIOR as fuck since I started lifting. My abs are starting to get more defined, too.

I voted for her, stay mad

Yes I'm aware the results were nothing shy of bullshit but I dont care

_Best track

Also why the fuck did DK randomly get assigned the snowy mountain stage for two Mario Karts in a row?

Good. Fuck that ugly ass croc. I'm glad he's out.

And I want Ridley to be in more Smash games. As a boss. Smash needs more bosses than just Master Hand and Crazy Hand, and Ridley is perfect as one.

Yeah I can't tell you where you're going wrong though. I use Dong exclusively, and while he's only a hair lighter than Wario I have his speed maxed out with Gold Kart frame and Slick Tires, I can't ever recall Music Park requiring me to slow down at any point.

Dolphin Shoals is a different story, that really sharp bend to the left right before you complete a lap is murder on me. I can usually make it fine if I point my nose down in the air and land RIGHT on the edge to get my traction back, but it's a close shave and eats a lot of my speed.

>>Most fitting pic I have
>console wars
>cherrypicked games
>metacritic

I didn't ask for your life story, I was just ribbing you, mate.

Congrats if you're actually improving your body, though. I mean it, that shit takes dedication.

Probably because the idea of Bowser's kingdom containing some awesome, rainy city rather than just being LAVA AND BRIMSTONE CASTLES is really cool.

Fuck/marry Daisy, kill the other two.

Yes. The side path actually lowers your time by quite a bit. It's only helpful if you have a LOT of acceleration. You need to have near max acceleration for it to be good, though, and that requires you play someone faggoty, like Lemmy or Baby Daisy.

I'm just bantering as well, I don't even play Rosalina

Honestly no, the only Miiverses I really use are Splatoon and XCX.

No surprise considering it was introduced in the worst 3-D Mario Kart.

I decided enough was enough, and started lifting a year ago. Fixed my diet (and by fixed, I mean added in whey), started lifting, and I went from being able to 2 army pushups to being able to hit 80 in 5 minutes.

>Cloud Top
>Excellent

Stopped reading there

Foreshadowing.

You forgot Platinum and Dank Souls

>(You)

The DLC added 50% more tracks. There's quite a bit of them.

Cloud Top is fantastic, go fuck yourself

>mount wario in god tier
Correct. Now merge Good, Adequate and Boring tier. They're all fine.

Posterior Periled lightweight detected. Pick a real character and go with the flow.

Might as well try in this thread.

Can anyone tell me why MKWii devolved into Funky Kong spam every online race? I never really got into that particular game's online so I still don't know.

>someone faggoty, like Lemmy

I will cut you.

Ever escape the antlion trap by drifting into it?

Come at me, cunt sniffer. Roy's my only boy besides Morton

Music is about as bad as the track, it's boring, has a shitty design with stupid jumps, that whole lightning bolt segment is shit

Well, you're not wrong.

meeming at the time m8, nothin mor. HE was it its height.

He had the best combination of speed and handling on the flame runner. Daisy was the second best combo, which was why you saw her a lot too.

We play differently, then, because I've seen a lot more close calls on that stage than I have stomps.

He had the best stats in the entire game. It's kinda like Wario/Morton in MK8. Daisy and Funky were the best in Wii, along with Mario on a bike.

>Music Park

found the casual.

>Music is about as bad as the track
Correct, which is to say both are god tier.

>Lightning part
>Shit
Go fuck yourself.

Bowser's Castle > Rainbow Road = Cloudtop Cruise > shit > Dry Bone Dunes.

I don't want to come at you, all the Koopalings are god tier except Larry and Wendy, they're boring as fuck.

Man, MK8 does a bang-up job with its retro stage remixes, but why do they remove the cool shit like this? I miss this guy.

Wendy's got DSL. Lemmy is a straight up faggot but the alright kind of faggot, like Lara Nara/Lara Mara/the cat lesbians.

Roy and Morton are just the coolest fuckers around, though. Ludwig is the hipster choice. Larry and Iggy are too boring. They're all better than Bowser Jr. though.

I hate that they removed the mushroom at the beginning of the track, it made time trials really fun

>hating Music Park
>hating Banshee Boardwalk
>hating Peach motherfucking Gardens

It's like you actively hate fun.

I'd agree that playing the lightning part is pretty boring. There's a big stretch of no item boxes between the final cloud and the end of the lightning part, the lightning's easy to predict once you know the timing, and nothing ever really happens in it. It would be a lot better of a segment if it wasn't just a long left turn.

MK7's physics made bullying both easy and fun as fuck. Slowing down for a bit to fuck with someone wouldn't likely cost you the whole race like in MK8.

MK8 is still better overall though

I used to like them when I was a faggot-ass lightweight user, but ever since I've switched to the bro-tier heavy weights, I've hated them with a passion.

>No battle arenas was inconsequential when the rest of the game was perfection.

NO FUCKING FIELD OF VIEW
HIT IN MIDAIR
FUCKING FIREHOPPING
THAT SHIT ROSTER
AMIIBO CRAP
MORE FUCKING PARTS
AND THEIR IMBALANCE
NOT TO MENTION THE ANNOYANCE OF THE TRACKS FOR BATTLE

There is NO goddamned amount of saxophone, excellent graphics, or turning radius that will make that game higher than an 8.

Whaaaat? I love this map! All the bouncing is great fodder for tricks. And watching people careen into the goombas at the end is a treat.

Lemmy's just a dumb little kid that likes to have fun. I think some manual said that Lemmy would rather join the circus than help Bowser conquer the Mushroom Kingdom. He always felt the least evil out of the Koopalings to me so I thought he was neat.

And I don't see how Iggy is boring. Maybe so before NSMB, but his redesign actually makes him seem like a crazy lunatic and I love it.

I have no idea what you are talking about, can you please use correct sentences

real worst track coming through

>no field of view
what
>firehopping
what
>shit roster
subjective
>amiibo crap
overreaction
>more fucking parts and their imbalance
what
>not to mention the annoyance of the tracks for battle
what

>bro-tier heavy weights
Ahhh, a WARIO LE FAT JEW BIGGEST BRO EVER dickrider.

>FOV
Was fine
>Hit in midair
Possible in other games
>Firehopping
This is good, what are you complaining about? Finally gives heavies the edge they need.
>Roster
GOAT roster. The inclusion of lame recolors like the Metal characters doesn't take away from the rest of the cast, since you can just avoid playing as them.
>Amiibo
Is that bad? I like Amiibos, and they give a neat little bonus to the Miis. I'll never use the Miis anyways, but it's nice.
>Imbalance
MK has always been imbalanced. It's more balanced than ever, with the inclusion of the Super Horn and fixing bananas and shells.

>want to get back into MK7 online
>remember snes rainbow road and mushroom gorge
>lose all motivation

That's some high grade bitching about almost nothing.

Roy has always been the least evil, though. Plus, Wendy is just a brat with great, big DSL.

Iggy's also been "crazy". I just wasn't impressed with him, ever. Especially not since SMW was my first Mario game.

Mad lightweight nigger detected. You're not a real man unless you maximize your speed.

>NO FUCKING FIELD OF VIEW
Compared to what?
>HIT IN MIDAIR
What even are you talking about? Red shells following into the air?
>FUCKING FIREHOPPING
Versus snaking?
>THAT SHIT ROSTER
Let me guess, you're a Double Dash fag.
>AMIIBO CRAP
Literally did nothing, what could you possibly complain about?
>MORE FUCKING PARTS
This is strictly a good thing, isn't it?
>AND THEIR IMBALANCE
There hasn't been a single balanced game in the franchise yet.
>NOT TO MENTION THE ANNOYANCE OF THE TRACKS FOR BATTLE
Why would you ever subject yourself to 8's battle mode. It's a legit complaint but for real just don't play it, Battle hasn't been good since like 64

I'd really like to see a stage like this executed in 3D, though. Imagine how good a MK8 track with a fucking day/night cycle would look.

DD had a good battle mode because the game modes were fantastic. Plus, it had the pipe plaza and Luigi's Mansion.

The only thing I can guess he's referring to about the FOV is how MK8's split-screen 2-player is vertically oriented rather than horizontal.

>doesn't refute
>just gets mad
kek, nail on the head. Wario bandwagoners are as bad as Captain Falcon smashfags.

Protip I play all weight classes because I play meme Miis ;D

>You countered my shitpost with a shitpost rather than a well thought out argument, so I win :^)
Not even that guy, but you're a retard.

THIS

>Drifting does jackshit here you're forced to go straight most of the time
>That narrow as fuck straight with piranha plants
>Bumps that will fuck up your momentum
>Too item reliant despite having few item boxes

>Bob-Omb Blast will never return

Imagine if we could have Bob-Omb Blast on N64 Block Fort. I'd be in heaven.

I honestly don't remember much about DD's battle mode, just that none of the stages were nearly as good as Block Fort and so I didn't play it much compared to DS.

Because there's nothing wrong with playing Wario. All the best people play as Wario/DK/Waluigi/Link/Rosalina/Funky Kong.

Well, maybe not Funky Kong because of the min/maxing in MKWii.

>I-I'm totally not that guy, y-you're just shitposting!
>*waiting eagerly with paint open to edit out (you)s*
;)

It had its own block fort. And Pipe Plaza was the best battle stage in the series, outside of the water city in Wii.

>tfw poppin nigga through the pipe portals

>psychoanalyzing people based off of what character they pick

Jesus, what a faggot.

>Because there's nothing wrong with playing Wario. All the best people play as Wario/DK/Waluigi/Link/Rosalina/Funky Kong.
And then bitch about how stages are unfair to them and the game should cater to HeavyBros exclusively.

Boy, where have I seen that behavior before?

I bet you play Pink Falcon.

That shit was stupid. I just wanted to play Wario because he's completely inoffensive. Plus, I liked every single Wario Land, from SML2 and 3 through Shake It, as well as Wario World.

Is it just me or did MKWii's battle mode seriously underwhelm? Maybe I just never "got" it, but I never really liked how Balloon Battle was altered from "3 hits and you're out" to whatever time-based shenanigans they turned it into in that game.

Funky Stadium was pretty sweet though.

But Cred Forums's right about kids who pick Yoshi.

I play as mario

Stages shouldn't downright punish you for choosing certain characters. That's what makes Music Park so shit. The point of being a heavy is that you have less options, not no options.

I want to see a track that loops in itself multiple times for maximum chaos.
Think of like, N64 Block Fort, without the forts so you only have the ground in it's square-with-a-cross-inside formation, and the racers just need to reach a corner, then the center crossroads for a lap.
But in practice, it's probably just going to be people finding which corner is the best, and then picking that corner over and over again.

STOP
S - T - O - P

My nigga

>play koopa troopa, roy, and lemmy
This is all too real and I don't like it.
Fucking hell, it even got the lanky part down.

Yoshi Valley is almost that. And you're exactly right, people just take the optimal path every time, invalidating about 50+% of the course.

There's also Baby Park if you want chaos. It's not a knotted maze, but you just do the same tiny loop 7 times, so you're that much more liable to get fucked by banana peels, stray shells, and bullet bills and stars alike.

Too accurate please stop

I don't even particularly like Rosalina, I just don't understand the supreme hate for here from retards like the "Lightning"fags and Daisyfags.

The only time I used her was in SM3DW, and that's because I got tired of Toad after winning like 50 straight stages with my siblings.

Mario Kart needs an item customization option like Smash.

>tfw straight edge
>but play DK in every game he's in

I just like DK, fuck off

>Luigi, Daisy, Larry

Pretty close

Like Yoshi, always have. Not gay though.

>Mained Toad from childhood because he had the blue kart, and his description doesn't fit me

Haha, nice try fag-

>Always loved Shy Guys because of Chapter 4 in Paper Mario, and his description is nearly perfect for me

Fuck.

Well, there goes the thread.

Fucking horoscopes.

>MK8 Baby Park
>good
It's fucking garbage and took out all the fun the original had, which was the only reason why people wanted it back.

It's not bad on DD

>play as koopa troopa
>mfw this is accurate

>no updated version with femvillager

Guess I'll never know haha

>this Nintendrone shilling

Fuck this board, and fuck you.

>Defend one game
>Get called a Nintendrone

I also defend SM3DW, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Smash 4, and Pikmin 3. Stay mad.

>This is good, what are you complaining about? Finally gives heavies the edge they need.

I, too, like playing a class with 0 downsides. Also Upper middle+ has been the meta since DD. Lights haven't been good since 64.

yeah, haha

i mean, who actually wants to know what those people are like. haha

heyo friendo

fuck daisy
marry rosalina
kill peach

>2016
>posting your mom jokes

I know right? What a silly convoluted little image haha.

It's literally the same shit what are you whining about?

fuck peach, marry daisy, kill rosalina
this is the only correct choice

>toad is my waifu

Lights were literally far and away the BEST characters in the franchise, in DS. Like, it doesn't even come close. Even if there was just a straight track with one firehoppable area for the heavies, they still wouldn't be as good there as the lightweights were in DS.

Plus, heavies DO have a downside. If they get hit, they have to spend another 20 seconds building up to max speed. That's enough of a downside. That's literally all they need as a downside, because it's such a crippling problem.

Could have been worse. He could have posted this.

I got a ban last time I posted that image. Good luck, friend.

This
Dong is eternal

Fuck Peach, marry Rosa, kill Daisy.

>Dangly Shlong Boy

I like the updated Baby Park but it's not quite the same. Part of the frantic insanity of the original is that items could be thrown and go over the middle part, which made for all sorts of shenanigans. As far as I remember the MK8 version doesn't allow that.

>tfw Vincent Van Gogh is 200% Monkey Bitch

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want no trabble. I deleted it, so please spare me, mods.

>thrown items can't go across the middle
whats the fucking point then

Erect Ogre Nigger

No, the real reason why MK8's isn't as good is because there is no giga-shells, giga-bananas, or chain chomps.

N64 Rainbow Road should not be that high, it's extremely boring and fucking huge.

It's aight, senpai. Thread derailing is a bannable offense now. Posting those rolling charts is now banned, unless it's rolling for something relating to the game, like rolling an Isaac run.

It makes bouncing shells the fucking Devil. Seriously, fuck triple green shells.

Not all of the middle is blocked off, just a good 60% of it.

I remember the hubbub over 200cc Baby Park. It was hilarious for all of like, three rounds, but it got old pretty fast. I always get annoyed whenever it shows up in the online roulette, because it ALWAYS fucking shows up in the online roulette, and it's so easy to get your shit slapped in with nothing you can do about it, and your skill at Mario Kart matters even less than it normally does.

GBA had 20 original tracks, and you could unlock the 20 tracks from the original Mart Kart. I didn't like it because I was too used to MK64 being 3D to go back to 2D (I can't get into the original either for that reason) but I admire the amount of content.

Man, this game would've been perfect if released today.

>remake Royal Raceway
>remove the SM64 castle ground section

If you were afraid of people stalling online by going there just bar the area in online matches and let us go there offline.

>Skill at Mario Kart

Lmao it takes like a hour max to learn how to drive and drift the game is decided by how bad RNG fucks you over

>That one stupid fucking shortcut that required a ridiculously perfect angle when falling off the map to get otherwise you fell into the water and got reset
why

>Having a random option always felt out of place to me in a Mario Kart game, so its presence smack in the middle of Super Circuit's roster always felt suspicious to me
>Fell for internet lies saying that beating the game 100% would unlock Waluigi and have him replace that random option

Fuck you, internet.

How come Mario Kart games don't have rad as fuck 100% completion title screens like this, 64, and DS anymore? Starting with Wii, they're just character renders on solid white backgrounds. It's so sterile-feeling.

You're wrong, items don't go across the middle.

>Lights were literally far and away the BEST characters in the franchise, in DS
Also wrong, out of the top karts, only dry bones' kart was not a middle+. Character choice, iirc, only decided the weight of your kart, it did not change speed or acceleration. This is why shit like Bowser on Poltergust 4000 was god tier.
>If they get hit
>If
And that's why your argument is invalid. You are implying that you will hit them. Here's a fun fact, items are based on distance from 1st. If 1st place is far enough, the game will keep giving you mushrooms. The mushrooms do not give you enough distance to catch up to a firehopping Heavy unless you are also a firehopping Heavy.
>they have to spend another 20 seconds building up to max speed.
And this proves to me that you do not, infact, play the game you are trying to defend.

haha

Fuck you, Yoshi Circuit is the goddamn shit.

I'm not sure if it's the worst but I don't think I've ever enjoyed this track.

This track is okay.

I actually kinda agree with this. Grumble Volcano sucks though.

>matters even less than it normally does.

Please read the rest of the sentence before you (You) me.

Delfino Airport's little corner cut right before launching off the landing strip is terrible for this too. At least it always is for me. Seems like such a crap shoot as to whether I'll land it or not that I don't even bother trying with it anymore.

>IF
RED SHELLS YOU TRIPLE NIGGER

It's literally impossible to not get hit, unless items are turned off.

Marry Rosalina im tall i want a wife i can hug without a steeping stool

Fuck Peach meh

Kill Daisy no one would notice or care

>Tfw I will never get to play as R.O.B. in a mario kart game ever again

;_;

Our boy needs some love, right?

>Not just picking her up.
Faggot

Holding a girl is the best feeling ever. I love picking up my little sister and carrying her around. Plus, you get to show off your muscles. Most girls I know like strong men.

Yes, keep proving you don't play the game/are shit at it.

First off, the map can block those. If you're smart, you take paths that have obstacles if you don't have an item to block it yourself. Second off, you apparently can't read, the game will LITERALLY give you nothing but speed boosts if the player is too far ahead. Third, you can easily block red shells with items.

The only thing that can actually stop you is a blue shell followed by multiple red shells, which would stop ANYONE unless it's a heavy that got stopped right before a speed boost, in which case you go instantly to top speed and firehop to gain distance again.

Fuck you guys, now I feel the urge to play Double Dash again. I hope playing on a keyboard won't be too hard. But if it is, I can play on console no problem, I'm just lazy.

They need to bring back Dry Bones and King Boo first. Still mad as fuck that metal recolors and babies took precedence over my undead niggas.

Koopalings are fine though, on account that they're not actually recolors or clones, as much as people will whine about them because they're basically a package deal.

>The map can block those
Not very likely. It's highly dependent on the stage, and usually puts you in harms way/slows you down.

>the game will LITERALLY give you nothing but speed boosts if the player is too far ahead
Not true. I've gotten several triple reds in 2nd place. Hell, triple reds in 3rd are more than enough to send you back to 4th - 5th place.

>With items
Not fucking likely. You can still get fucked if you have to take a turn, since it'll straight up ram you. Plus, 1st place almost always gets EXCLUSIVELY coins. A green shell/banana are like a 1/10 chance, and a super horn is like a 1/50 chance.

Metals are just recolors that probably took 2 days to make, and were last-second things. Kinda like Dark Pit in Smash 4.

>They need to bring back [...] King Boo first
Yes, all I want back is King Boo.

I miss King Boo.

>Dry bones and king boo
>more deserving of a spot than R.O.B.

Fr*ck the h*ck outta here with that tall tale...

honestly I'd main boo if R.O.B. wasn't back

>tfw today I got to pick up a little kid and put her in the cart seat for her grandma

Made me kinda happy, got to feel like a cool big bro or something. Sorry for not being on topic to the thread.

I miss Dry Bone's DS clacking sounds, before he got that weird Toad-esque squawking voice in Wii. He was my nigga in DS and I didn't even play competitively or online in that game, I just took a liking to him and then discovered the overpoweredness of snaking around in the Dry Bomber later on my own.

Fuck it, may as well ask here.

Nintendo Kart when, bros?

I don't think it'd be as good as Mario Kart. There are several Nintendo characters not meant for racing. Samus, Olimar, and Pokemon specifically.

If Nintendo were smart they'd realize that would absolutely make the NX fly off of shelves.

And it seems like that's what the DLC seemed to be, almost more of an experiment.

Plus there are only so many places to make Mario tracks out of.

>Not very likely. It's highly dependent on the stage, and usually puts you in harms way/slows you down.
Still a possibility.
>Not true. I've gotten several triple reds in 2nd place. Hell, triple reds in 3rd are more than enough to send you back to 4th - 5th place.
Depends on distance, if the distance isn't far enough, you can get good shit. Otherwise it highly favors mushrooms and stars. Also keep in mind that only 2nd place can hit 1st with red shells, and this also implies that other players don't hit your shells or you. 1st place only has competition with 2nd and whoever gets a blue shell, everyone else but last is fighting against multiple people.
>Not fucking likely. You can still get fucked if you have to take a turn, since it'll straight up ram you. Plus, 1st place almost always gets EXCLUSIVELY coins. A green shell/banana are like a 1/10 chance, and a super horn is like a 1/50 chance.
Nope, that's just you not knowing how to avoid coins. There's a very easy way to not get coins and it simply involve waiting to end the roulette at specific times. Spamming it right away, for example, has an extremely high chance to give coins, whereas waiting about .5-1 second after you can instantly end it does not. I haven't played in a while so I don't remember exact timing, but that was a thing and very much achievable and something I abused when I played.

>There are several Nintendo characters not meant for racing. Samus, Olimar, and Pokemon specifically.
This has to be the stupidest reasoning you could have come up with.

Hopefully in Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 3 + 4 when they add Kirby and Samus.

A guy can dream.

I remember unlocking him and having no idea what the fuck he even was, but I liked using him. That kart that looked like giant R.O.B. legs was fucking hilarious. I'd like to see him back someday, but I don't think he's a priority.

Picking people up is the best feeling, especially if they know you're going to do it and don't struggle.

They'll probably go back to old clackity bones if he ever comes back. Spoiler: Mario Kart 9 will have Para Dry Bones, but not Dry Bones

>Samus
Fuck you, I really want to play as Samus in a kart racer.

>yfw her kart is a miniature Gun Ship
>yfw choice between Samus and ZSS as character

Congrats for showing you know nothing about how items work in Mario Kart 8.
>Only 2nd place can contest first
Not true. 3rd place can aim past 2nd place.

All Nintendo relevant characters are already in Mario Kart, except for CFalc. Why create a spinoff of a spinoff when Link and Villager can be brought back.

>There are several Nintendo characters not meant for racing

You could say the same thing for fighting and yet Smash has a very unique roster. You wouldn't think that Villager or Wii Fit belongs in a fighting game, but they are in smash with no problem.

Not Kirby

>Why create a spinoff of a spinoff
You're going in the wrong direction, this isn't a further spinoff, it's the evolution of Mario Kart.

>Plus there are only so many places to make Mario tracks out of.

I like how MK8 has thoroughly smashed this expectation by introducing a water park, candy world, airport, dance club, alpine ski slope/dam, space station, and subway. And probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment. They can do so much more if they put their minds to it.

Kirby wouldn't work, because every kart needs wheels.

Kirby had his own racing game series. Putting him in MK would be like admitting Air Ride series is dead.

Warp Star based kart, done.

You're right, MK8 has some really solid new and original tracks, but at the same time... wouldn't you enjoy going through some real well known places of other popular locations turned in to race tracks?

Air Ride is dead, user. Dead

I'm not happy about it, either

>Congrats for showing you know nothing about how items work in Mario Kart 8.
More like you're too shit to consistently be in 1st and learn how to not get coins.
>Not true. 3rd place can aim past 2nd place.
Only if they are close enough or you take a different route, which is very situational considering taking said alternate route would lose ground on 2nd.

>top is games pulled from 2001 to 2010 across 4 systems

>wouldn't you enjoy going through some real well known places of other popular locations turned in to race tracks?
I forgot to explicitly mention popular locations "in other games", but it was implied.

Tracks like Hyrule Castle, Animal Crossing and Excitebike are tons of fun to play on for a reason.

It wouldn't work. Imagine Bowser on the thing. He's going to look retarded.

But if they made it so it was an actual car with a Warp Star exterior? Fine by me.

>wouldn't you enjoy going through some real well known places of other popular locations turned in to race tracks?

Sure, but not if they all get the Smash treatment.

>Iconic grass level
>Iconic grass level
>Iconic grass level
>Iconic forest level
>Iconic grass level
>Iconic lava level for Samus
>Iconic grass level
>Iconic grassy town level
>Iconic grassy beach level

Also thanks for reminding me of the anal devastation I suffered from the Rosalina reveal trailer. I will never recover.

You just have to be far enough away from 2nd place to launch it so it doesn't home in on them.

Besides, I just checked, there's no actual method of determining what item you get. That was a bullshit myth. Plus the mushrooms-only myth with debunked, too. That's not how the gap works in 8, only in 7.

Soccer Guy would have nothing to do with development.

Zelda has never had an iconic grassy level. Donkey Kong only gets forest levels, true, but that's what's most recognizable from his series.

Kirby only has one "grass" stage, and that's Dreamland from 3DS, technically, since it takes place in the first level of the GB game, which was a grass level. But it's more like a Game System level, like the Gamecube level from Double Dash.

Metroid in general needs more levels.

In DS, you could slap Bowser in Toad's little midget mushroom kart, no problem. At least in recent MK games, they actually scale the size of the karts to their respective riders. Bowser in a warp star-based kart would work fine.

You can put Bowser in a Biddybuggy, characters looking retarded is no issue.

>there are people who dislike Bone Dry Dunes
What's the matter, did you forget to bring some handling/drift?

If King Dedede's fat ass can ride the Warpstar Bowser sure as hell can.

>Pirate
>Wii U
They haven't gotten there yet.

Skyloft is kind of one, and if MK8 is anything to go by, a Nintendo Kart game would make theme-park versions of the most iconic representations of a franchise, which is what Hyrule Circuit basically is: a castle in a meadow. A theoretical Kirby stage would almost definitely be inspired by Green Greens, when it could be something like pic related instead.

Yes we have

I loved Bone Dry Ruins. It was one of those maps that really made me feel as if it was an 'endgame' track that expected you to know how to play well.

>Dragon's Lair NES.png

Not bad, user.

Cute babies.

I wonder what their diapers smell like, haha

Thanks, it was one of those things that just hit me immediately

Attention: MKWii bikefags
In-Drifting or Out-Drifting?

Skyloft was unique. I don't know if you can call floating islands a grass level.

Going through all of the stages in the game, the only Grass areas are:
>Duck Hunt (but this is literally the only thing you could make a stage in the game for)
>Gaur Plain (but it's more of a Mountain level)
>Super Mario Maker
>Dream Land 64
>Balloon Fight (kinda. Besides, like Duck Hunt, it's the only thing you could've turned into a stage)
>Dream Land (Huge stretch here, considering it's a Game Boy stage)
>Golden Plains
>Paper Mario (for one section)
>Spirit Train (if you count the grassland that the train is on)
>Distant Planet
>Green Hill Zone
>Yoshi's Island
>Garden of Hope
>Mario Circuit (if you count the grassy field that the road that the karts race on is on)
>Woolly World (kinda)
>Onett (if you don't count it as a city level)
>Yoshi's Island

This is stretching it incredibly. Realistically, there are about 5 - 6 legit grass stages between 3DS and Wii U. Samus does need a non-lava stage, though. Frigate Orpheon is her best stage for a reason.

I haven't played fucking MK8 with Cred Forums in months. Is this still a thing?

>MFW 200cc

>Air Ride
>Series
>Air Ride
>Not dead
It hurts

There are several Nintendo characters not meant for fighting and yet Smash exists.

No, /mk8g/ died and so did those threads.

Even without the parentheses ones, that's still pretty sizable. And even if Smash can get away with similar looking landscapes (which it really can for the most part, I'm mostly nitpicking, I have to admit), I think it's more important for a kart racer to have a ton of diverse locations. So it would disappoint me if a Nintendo Kart did ever happen, and the stages are just things like Hyrule Field, Kanto Route 1, Green Greens, Impact Site, Norfair, etc. Instead of the most obvious picks, I'd love to see stuff like Zora's Domain, Hoenn Route 113, Access Ark, Valley of Repose, Chozo Ruins, etc., know what I mean?

We barely even play regular MK8 anymore. I'd love to do teams some time if enough people gave a shit though.

Music was complete shit, though, still not as bad as Rainbow Station in 8.

64/DD/7/8 64-style RR music will always be the best.

I'm not the guy you're responding to, but said this earlier in the thread - Sakurai wouldn't be developing the theoretical Nintendo Kart.

A lot (and I mean a lot) of those decisions were Sakurai's. If there's a team that knows how to explore worlds and make interesting levels it's clearly the team behind Mario Kart.

>/vg/

user, please.

Really? I may not have played but I see those weekend threads every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday without fail.

So, you just want EVERY Rainbow Road song ever to throw in that second verse of 64's song? Not that I think those are bad songs, but I don't see why anything besides those is automatically shit. Wii's was pretty amazing for throwing in a snippet of Good Egg Galaxy.

So...bad opinions to be ignored, then

I know its /vg/ but they filled up most of the races

>I may not have played but I see those weekend threads every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday without fail
They do happen, and usually get 12/12 at least once. They just die after like 40 posts because everyone who plays is too lazy to post in it.

>snaking will never come back
inb4 butthurt casuals

Sakurai's stage choices in Smash are because, to paraphrase him, "World 1-1 of every game is something all people who play them always see, so it's familiar, and I try to be as familiar as possible with the stages". Which is why we always get the first area of the game the stage comes from or a generic stage that resembles something iconic from the game/series, which is why all DK stages are jungles, all Metroid stages are lava caves, all Fire Emblem stages are in castles, both Sonic stages are Zone 1 Act 1, etc. If there's more than one stage for a franchise then Sakurai starts thinking outside the box, though sometimes he doesn't go very far.

Which pisses me the fuck off because there are much better choices for stages and for more variety. Imagine a Fear Factor stage for DK, a stage inside a boss arena for Zelda, the Impact Crater or Sanctuary Fortress for Metroid.

Well that's a bit of a shame. Wish they had done at least one more MK8 DLC pack. It felt like the game's support died too damn fast for something that was so good.

>2016 and four iterations into the series (five if you wanna count 3DS since it has separate stages from Wii U)
>STILL no Bowser's Castle stage

>a stage inside a boss arena for Zelda
This was one of the few nice surprises I got in Sm4sh, getting a tour through the Kalos League.

I agree with everything you said, just fyi - as mentioned above by saying the MK team would be excellent at stage selection for new franchise representation

The fact that Project M managed to have a completely proper and "fitting" Bowser's Castle stage before Sakurai ever put one in is fucking ridiculous

Ahem

The fact that the Wii U didn't get the 3DS stages infuriates me to no end.

move n64 rr, ribbon road, toad turnpike, and bone dry dunes to great tier
move mute city, wild woods,and rainbow road to excellent tier
move hyrule circuit and toad harbor to god tier
move super bell subway, tick-tock clock, dolphin shoals, and dragon driftway to good
move neo bowser city and music park to adequate
put yoshi circuit, shy guy falls, and yoshi valley below boring

Snaking was dumb to be honest. Drift boosting on straights like that shouldn't be a thing.

>Good stage designs are forever trapped in the 3DS version

GIVE ME HD MAGICANT

Had to keep the games separate in terms of content so you buy both, don't'cha know. So sorry about Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer, and keeping Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS together.

Okay, keyboard isn't so bad. I'm having fun. I'm not a Daisy fag, I swear, I just wanted the heart special item.

Okay, I didn't remember about this, but to be fair, that part of the stage is garbage, and the entire thing would have been a lot better if the castle segment had more solid ground. And it should have been the Paper Mario 64 Bowser Castle REEEEEEEEEE

Any three section track is the worst.

I have a Wii U and I have a 3DS (and both versions) - announcing that not only was the 3DS version coming first, but also having exclusive content was the absolute worst move Nintendo could have made.

The cannibalization of sales absolutely was absolutely the final nail in the coffin for the Wii U.

I'm drunk, please pardon me saying "absolutely" twice.

Sakurai is a fucking dumbass. No surprise there. Breaking up the content and dev time between 3DS and Wii U was a terrible decision. They should have focused on making the Wii U version the definitive version and later released a gutted 3DS version if they wanted to.

I get the feeling Trainer and Sheik wouldn't have worked out on Wii U anyways. Switching already took more time in Brawl because it had to load character data. With how long it takes Smash 4 to do fucking anything, switching probably lasted way too long to be reasonable.

Iwata wanted Sakurai to make ONLY a 3DS version of Smash. Sakurai convinced him to make a Wii-U version as well. If we only got one game, it would have been only in the 3DS because the handheld market in Japan is much larger than the console market, which is why the NX is being made as a portable system.

>they could've milked the fuck out of MK8 adding more new tracks and returning retro tracks as well as more Nintendo guest characters and obligatory different color toads
Fuck Nintendo. You could've held my wallet hostage.

user

Fucking saved

>3DS players get based Pac-Maze stage
>Wii U players have to suffer through this clusterfuck of a stage

Damn it feels good to be a poorfag.

Piranha Plant Pipeway sucks in both 7 and in my opinion they actually made it worse in 8.

Also any track in 7 and 8 that has long section where you have to glide is automatically trash, since if you get hit while gliding it's an extra like 3 second penalty and there's nothing you can do to avoid it because you have to go through those gliding sections.

I really fucking hope they either remove hang-gliders from 9 or they make it so that you don't drop to your death if you get hit while gliding.

>I remember it being fun as fuck to drift through.
speaking of fun as fuck to drift

can't think of another track with curves as satisfying, don't remember how this track plays under 200 cc though

The F-Zero and Pac-Man stages are the two that come to mind about being incredibly angry over the Wii U not being the complete version.

Nigga, wut? Smash 4 loads a lot faster than Brawl did because it isn't dual-layered. Switching/transforming would have been no problem for it. The only reason they were removed was the 3DS, just like the Ice Climbers.

Fuck, I would've loved to get playable Ness and a stage where you go through Eageland, shit would've been perfect as a map.

>the worst stage in the game needs to be unlocked by playing the worst mode in the game
Fuck Pac-Land and everything it stands for in Smash 4.

And on this subject, I do agree I'd rather see the 3DS stages come back into whatever next Smash Bros we get. I'd personally prefer everything both versions had, but I know devs can't work miracles here. I just hope we get to see Prism Tower and Arena Ferox again. I like Balloon Fight and Spirit Train too.

I completely forgot about Spirit Tracks - it's been that long since I've even touched my 3DS Sm4sh

>all these babies hating on Ice Ice Outpost
One of the most skill-based tracks in all of MK.

>DK's voice in Double Dash isn't the N64 monkey screeches or Grant Kirkhope, and it's not Scooby Doo yet
>It's literally just the most generic ass gorilla sounding grunts

Man, how weird. It actually makes me miss the Scooby Doo voice.

I'd like Neo Bowser City more without the slippery slidey rain physics though. And yeah, 200cc on that stage is a nightmare. You have to brake and scoot your way slowly around every turn if you don't want to fall into a pit.

>You have to brake and scoot your way slowly around every turn if you don't want to fall into a pit.
So it's basically like Rainbow Road?

Am I the only person who think Super Mario Kart and Super Circuit are a blast? Not saying I don't love DD, DS, or 8.

So far as 3DS stages go, most of them sucked, but I am really sad that I can't play on the Gerudo Valley, Spirit Tracks, Arena Ferox, Tomodachi Life, and Tortimer Island stages. Especially that last one.

Donkey Kong's voice in Double Dash is Grant Kirkhope, his and Diddy's voice are reused from DK64.

It's like Rainbow Road with ice physics.

I like Super Circuit a lot, but I think it's 99% nostalga because it was my first GBA game.

It sounds completely different to me. I know Kirkhope's DK voice and this isn't it.

For me (also nostalgia) it's about mastering and getting gud at drifting everything in that game.

This is what I'd like to see for the next Smash game:

-make ONE new stage for every franchise that's NOT a derivative of an earlier stage
-port in ALL the stages from all four previous games, including the various versions of Battlefield and Final Destination (especially the N64 ones)
-make all of the rooms where you fought the Shadow Clone characters in SSE selectable on one spot, hit X and Y to cycle through them
-make the N64 Smash's Metal Mario stage a playable stage
-bring back individual Break the Targets and Board the Platforms
-bring back Race to the Finish with several different versions, one for each difficulty setting

I gotchu

Never mind, I think it is him. It just sounds, I dunno, off?

>could never get the hang of playing on this stage in MK7
>always sucked at it, dreaded whenever someone chose it online
>much better playing it in the Wii U game
>fucking love playing on it, because it feels like a true test of skill
>also love the way it looks
Shit, idk, man.

Fuck the GBA game.

The coin bullshit to get top ranks in the game made it awful.

It was like Diddy Kong Racing's silver coin challenge except 10 times as many coins against the rubber banding CPUs.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK that noise.

I think any track with a large boost gap automatically gets a big boost up on the bullshitometer.

Confession: I fucking love the coin mechanic.

The coin bullshit made me give up on that game, but at the same time I really want its tracks remade more often

Also the next Mario Kart needs some goddamn Battle Courses

>Ice Ice Outpost
>skill-based
How the fuck is anything on that track skill-based? I can't think of a single difficult section on the track except for maybe hitting the last shortcut ramp and even then, that wasn't hard.

SC is probably the one MK game that I can't really get into. I hate the slippery controls, I hate the track design, the coins don't feel balanced like 7 or 8 and I can't play it without thinking that it's a little dated. At least SMK has the benefit of being the first MK game ever and honestly, it's still pretty fun thanks to its track design and the battle mode. I can't get into SC for shit.

That's a big ass workload, user. Especially considering we're at over 50 characters now which would mean over 100 stages being designed purely for bonus game. That's not even going into all the new stages you're demanding and all the work porting every single other stage from past games. I mean I'd love to see that sort of thing too, but I want to be at least somewhat reasonable.

Jesus christ, there really is porn of everything on the internet.

Christ, she really does have a fat pair of titties. She's a real qt. Can't even feel jealousy towards her husband, she's a real keeper.

All good tracks. It's like you don't even like pulling insane shortcuts and secret tricks.

Cuddle Peach
Be Rosalina

This. Honestly, for as much as we all want them to fit all that bullshit in there, it'd be best if they focused on the roster, stages, online, gameplay, and reworking the meta.

Remember, each Smash release is absolutely gargantuan. How many games these days are being packed with as much content as Smash games do?

Kill Daisy
Fuck Peach
Marry Rosie

It'd be kinda awkward though, since I'm short and she's so tall but I'd make it work.

>all the new stages

What, 12 or so? That's 3 more than what Smash 64 had. All the rest are just ports, one of the quickest and easiest things to do. The only hard part would be the BtP, BtT, and RttF since they'd all have to be different. But remember this is all on one console, not two games being amde at the same time.

Oh, and bring back ALL the characters that can feasibly make it back, including Melee's missing veterans with some adjustments and Wolf.

Might be that the voice samples are less compressed on the GameCube.

Drift =/= Snaking
snaking its for faggots.

Just the fact that it'll be better than 8 makes NXMK a day 1 purchase

As long as we never have another Smash Tour ever again, I'm good.

I miss individual Break the Target stages a lot, but I understand why they had to go, and I realize that at some point, trying to play through 50+ of them would become more of a chore than a game. Though I would have settled for Brawl-style Break the Targets over Target Smash any fucking day.

ok, so dumb idea, i know i know BUT...

why hasn't nintendo just made mario kart into fucking NINTENDO KART already?

they already added non mario characters via dlc, just do something like smash but with MK formula. maybe like an f-zero gx style racer customization?

>Target Smash
Fuck that noise. Probably the worst game mode in the whole game.

Honestly, I'd settle for a short, 20-25 minute Adventure Mode where you went through stages based on Nintendo properties, like Melee's Adventure Mode but better and more fleshed out, maybe even with a few branching paths here and there.

And an Event Mode too.

Honestly, I'd be good.

I just want a Nintendo Crossover kart game

The roster can be primarily Mario characters.
But I'd fucking be down to play as Kirby.

This

>All the rest are just ports, one of the quickest and easiest things to do.

Not that user, but Sakurai has stated before that returning old stages and characters isn't as simple as porting the data, it has to be rebuilt form the ground up. He didn't just slap the original data for N64 Dreamland into Sm4sh, his team had to completely reconstruct it to be as similar to the original as possible. Maybe the graphics are reusable, but I doubt anything else is.

Gee, it's not like we've been talking about this for the last 100 posts or anything.

The coin mechanic sucks and has brought down the quality of every game that features it, especially 8 which even went so far as to make coins an item.

Adventure Mode 2.0 would be perfect in my opinion. It's all I really want. No more stupid party gimmicks.

We already had this discussion in this very thread.

I should kms regardless to be quite honest with you, relation

It sounds stupid but even if they called it Super Smash Kart or Nintendo Kart it wouldn't sell as well if it didn't have Mario in the title

i don't read threads, i post my ideas in them
fuckers

Just call it Mario Kart Nintendo

Then get the fuck out of here and slit your wrists while you're at it, faggot.

I don't mind having to collect coins all that much, but FUCK them for making coins an item, especially when you have a lead and spend like 2 whole laps waiting to find a simple banana peel to protect yourself but all you get is coins. At least make them stop spawning out of boxes once you have 10 already, fuck.

>Dillon

Well that's somewhat out of place.

>Shulk

I love the guy and I love his game, but just thinking about that is hilarious. Not sure if I think he's a bad idea, or an utterly brilliant one.

I could see it doing well under the Smash title since Smash is already fucking huge and always generates hype and expectations even with the disappointments that come afterward. I agree that Nintendo Kart would be a bland title though.

If they're all different setups like Melee's, it wouldn't be a chore.

Also, bring back Melee's Adventure Mode, but

-all the franchises have a section
-it's 12 sections long, final 2 are always Battlefield and Final Destination
-what franchises' sections are loaded is random each time
-the final battle on FD involves a major villain/enemy from the character you've using's franchise. Examples:

Super Dimentio
Lord Fredrik
Majora's Wrath
Metroid Prime
Naval Piranha
Marx
Andross
Zygarde 100%
Porky Minch
Ashnard
Burrowing Snagret
Rudy the Clown
Hades
King Hippo
Metal Face
Egg Viper
Gamma

>Dry Bowser
what am I

Mario & Nintendo All-Stars Karting

That's pretty much why Super Smash Bros. is called as such, isn't it? To hammer in the relationship to Mario above all other series. Like, imagine if it was The Legend of Smash instead.

That said, a good direction for them to go with the name could be something like Mario & All Stars Racing.

>having to do 12 stages with 50+ characters each
I know we all want bigger better shit, but we gotta draw a line somewhere.

>Rosalina & Shy Guy

DELET THIS

Barafag

More like GDILF barafag

I wanted Dillon playable in Smash so much, same with Saki and Takamaru. Fuck Sakurai in his tight bubble butt.

>can choose between Shulk's normal outfit or his Oil Armor
>driving around as a fit twink in nothing but a pair of trunks

I'd like that.

Slap Mario right on the cover as big as can be, then kids will get it.

Literally just call it Mario Kart: Nintendo All-stars or Mario Kart: Dimensional Shift or something.

Not the worst but... I was expecting a little more...

Music is a 10/10 though.

What if the game stopped keeping high scores and didn't make it obligatory to beat every mode with every character? Just make any unlockables cap out at "beat Adventure Mode with 20 different characters!" or something.

That's the same number as Melee's Adventure Mode, goofus. And all of them had two parts to them.

>Marth driving a car
This would just be strange
Though no stranger than Link driving a car I suppose

She was so cute, mang.

This thread is making me miss MK8, but then again I already sacrificed my 2014 summer/fall to that game so fuck that.

There's still all those character trophies that'd forever taunt me though. Unless everyone's trophy just becomes buyable after you beat the mode enough times, maybe that could alieve the situation. But nah, this is a Sakurai game so of course there will be an obligatory "Beat this with every character on 9.0" because let's make shit hard for the sake of it being hard

All I wanted was Mega Man and Shulk. And man, I STILL can't believe both of them happened. The rest of the newcomers being pretty awesome was just icing on the cake. I literally can't complain about anything, even though I'm a bit sad about some of Brawl's absentees.

Also, as grateful as I am for Shulk being in Smash, the meme bus really did hit him hard, and I just know that if someday they ever made a Smash Kart and he gets in, they'd definitely awkwardly cram in all his catchphrase memes.

Can't you buy character trophies in Sm4sh anyway? I swear I've seen the Alt. trophies that you'd get from playing All Star mode on sale sometimes.

In Wii U, the alt trophies are all bought after clearing Classic. All Star gives you Final Smash trophies. Which reminds me I still need to beat it on Hard with everybody.

Pisses me off that he didn't bring back Wolf despite going out of his way to bring back Dr. Mario, Mewtwo and especially Roy and Lucas, the last one originally cut from the roster then brought back solely for money. Was one of my favorite Brawl characters.

I doubt they'd make Shulk spout his catchphrases during the race, only when he wins/loses. And they keep putting Daisy in despite her becoming a huge meme in Double Dash.

Oh, I see.

I went through the whole "clear everything with everyone" rigmarole on the 3DS version, so when I eventually got the Wii U version, all I did was unlock all the characters and stages and then head straight for online play. I tried out the side modes that were in the game and didn't get much mileage out of them. Smash Tour sucks, and Events are really fucking tedious, but I'll admit, Crazy Orders was pretty damn fun and I should have played more of it.

>I doubt they'd make Shulk spout his catchphrases during the race

They'd figure out a way. Watch 30 seconds of Xenoblade battle footage and tell me the simple act of Shulk tossing a red shell in a kart game wouldn't warrant him spouting an entire one-liner. I love the battle banter in Xenoblade, I really do. I just feel bad that, even though the game has gotten a lot more spotlight in recent years, Shulk is becoming little more than LE FEELING IT SHULK TIME MEME MACHINE.

If he ever does get to appear in another game at all, which seems unlikely because the Xenobade series seems to be pulling a Final Fantasy in that two games will never have the same cast of characters, I'm sure they'll acknowledge "FEELING IT" in some really painful forced way.

If Wolf had been DLC around the time of Star Fox Zero, I would've liked his final smash to be the Wolfen that transforms, it could do that fucking obnoxious dash bolt attack it does when you fight it in Fichina iirc.

>tfw won't be able to officially "What's the matter scared?" taunt to your opponents without character mods

bump

We're past bump limit, dummy.

didn't realize this thread reached the bump limit

whoops

well it was a nice thread anyway

Now that would have been awesome.

=(

It was nice talking to you fucks anyhow.

quick, post scandalous Luka

It was. Thanks for the good time, you bunch of bastards.