>2016
>MSRP: 60.00 USD
>Microshills will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Panasonic-K-KJ17MCA4BA-Individual-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSMJU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475289248&sr=8-2&keywords=eneloop
ds4windows.com/
amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Controller-Cable-Windows/dp/B00O65I2VY/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1475291791&sr=1-2&keywords=wired xbox one controller
amazon.com/Playstation-2000mAH-Replacement-Battery-Controller-4/dp/B00JFQ045Q
amazon.com/Battery-Packs-Lithium-3-7v-2000mAh/dp/B0137ITW46/
amazon.com/Battery-Packs-Lithium-3-7v-2000mAh/dp/B0137ITW46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475294022&sr=8-1&keywords=2000 mah battery
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Microsoft had 2 chances to get this right with the "Elite" controller
>MSRP: $150.00
>And still fucked up, those greedy kikes

They put the extra work in to allow you to change batteries at runtime, instead of depending on charging or keeping a cable connected.

What you should be asking, is why Sony is so fucking cheap.

My rechargeable batteries last like 24 hours of use (ps4 controller barely 4 hours). A built in battery eventually will get shit and you have to buy a new controller. When my AA ones degrade, I can buy new ones for like $10.

>Rechargeable batteries cost extra, for both models
>MSRP: 25.00 USD

>PS3 Controllers had built in battery
>Xbone controllers still need AA Batteries
"BUY OUR PLUG AND PLAY PACK FOR $25!!"

yeah no...

I prefer using rechargeable AA. batteries over rechargeable packs any day.

What's the problem? Too poor for batteries?

It's a design choice, not a flaw. You can buy user replaceable battery packs if you want.

Unlike the PS4 controller. The average end user will simply buy a new controller rather than open it up and install a new 3rd party battery.

>barely 4 hours
Dont know what aftermarket ps4 controller you're using

mine lasts 8-10 on a full charge

>Not wanting replaceable batteries

It's like you want to just throw away your controllers.

This used to piss me off until I started to just keep the controller plugged in when I don't have batteries.

On the contrary, when my PS4 controller runs out of charge, I'm dickstrapped to the console while it powers up.

>MSRP: 47.00 USD
>Includes Rechargable Battery
>And is better in almost every way, save for PC drivers ;_;

>using propreitary shit instead of just buying regular fucking rechargeables for cheap

>spending $60 for muh wireless
>not just buying the wired controller for $42 and never needing to worry about batteries

AA batteries are ubiquitous and easy to replace.

They are far better than a proprietary battery that isn't designed to be removed.

20 years from now, you'll still be able to buy AA batteries for a low price. You will not be able to buy a proprietary battery in 20 years for a low price, especially one that still works.

>tfw having to swap your only 2xAA batteries between 360 and xbone controllers
>tfw never buying play&charge kits again because it stopped working all of a sudden on 360 after about a year

Do fixed wired xbone controllers even exist?

I will never fucking understand how an internal unreplaceable battery is supposed to be better than having the goddamn choice. I've had my play sessions cut short every fucking time with PS controllers but with Xbox i just pop a couple of AA's in and i'm good to go.

>hello from seattle
into the trash

Deoends on use. Touchpad use seems to drain the battery more.

>made in china
>double a batteries still
>hello seattle

amazon.com/Panasonic-K-KJ17MCA4BA-Individual-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSMJU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475289248&sr=8-2&keywords=eneloop

Here's a decades worth of batteries you faggots.

I use these same rechargeables with my Steam Controller. They work great :)

ds4windows.com/

scptoolkit

I have both and prefer the batteries actually. When my PS4 controller starts to die I literally just turn the fucking thing off and let it charge the controller.

When my Xbox controller starts dying I just replace the battery and keep going. I bought a 48 pack of AA's last year and still have plenty left.

>sonyggers seriously think their batteries aren't the exact same as regular oned

Anyone else fully charge the AA batteries and still get 3 out of 4 bars on the battery icon? I don't think Microsoft recommend using rechargeables.

but why?

>I don't think Microsoft recommend using rechargeables
Of course they don't. They want you to buy their goy-ware.

This. I have one of those 10 minute AA chargers which charges four at a time. I charge four and use two and when they get low or die I swap them for the charged other set of two and then charge four more in 10 minutes.

It's better than relying on a proprietary jewish built-in rechargeable battery that will lose its charge after three years. Especially considering the PS4 controller only lasts three hours on one charge when new.

wah? they allow you to use a third party battery of your choice and you whine like a little bitch?

get some Eneloops and they will last longer than DS4 "superior battery".

>being so retarded you can't open a controller and replace the rechargeable battery

>proprietary battery
I use this on my dualshock 4.

>Made in China
>Redmond, WA
>Hello from Seattle
Ok.

>internal unreplaceable battery
But that's wrong.

>third party rechargeable AAs last dozens of hours in bone controller
>when they drain, take them out and out fresh ones in, controller still wireless
>after they hit cycle limit, put new ones in

I'll let you do the comparison yourself, pony. Enjoy cracking that thing apart to do some end user servicing that no doubt voids your warranty, or buying another pad. The DS4 is a turd. Everyone knows it. You'll be lucky the thing keeps a healthy charge cycle for a month. After that? Enjoy tethering to the console every two hours.

amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Controller-Cable-Windows/dp/B00O65I2VY/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1475291791&sr=1-2&keywords=wired xbox one controller

I'd like to get an xboner controller for my PC, however my 360 controller is still going strong.

My question is: how good is the D-pad. This is important

I know people are going to really disagree with me but I really don't like the xbone d-pad. It feels too stiff and clicky. But overall the controller is better than the 360 version.

d-pad is fucking fantastic, it's the reason I got a 1 controller to use instead of suing my old 360 one

it's super clicky

>fixed wire

It's more responsive, meaning it's clicky and not mushy.

And it's actually shaped like a d-pad now and not a fucking dinner plate.

The only thing they fucked up is not letting you charge your AA rechargeables without taking them out of the controller.

If it had that, it would be perfect.

Xbox One
>rechargable batteries die
>buy new batteries

PS4
>rechargable battery dies
>buy whole new controller

Sonyggers will defend this.

It's still half the price of a wireless model with a "charge'n'play" kit that you just end up leaving on the wire anyway.

If you want true fixed wire, then you're talking either higher price or shit 3rd party quality. But for $42 that's pretty much a wired controller.

But that's the few things Microsoft does right. Replaceable and standard batteries.

The Xbox 360 controllers would easily be GOAT if its dpad wasn't shit. I'd get an Xbone controller but I imagine that a DS3 controller will still be superior for whenever I want to emulate a game that needs a dpad.

First edition is too stiff and clicky. it's been changed twice. the newer one has a better feel while still being "stiff" producing a pretty good dpad.

It still amazes me that we can't get d-pads on the level of fucking sega genesis and shit more than 20 years ago. I cannot understand why.

the original xbone dpad was clearly ment to be a 4 directional selector for menus more than anything, the changes they've made make it a LOT better for emulation etc.

Only if you are a retard that can't use a screw driver.

>And is better in almost every way
But not the ones that actually matter like: Build quality, layout, input response time.

Oh but you have a touchpad and lightbar that do nothing except drain the already shit battery life? That's neat.

Works fine on PC, just isn't supported by most games. DS4 fixes that.

No I wont

.not understanding that a common and replaceable battery format is much better than a propitiatory mess that competitors such as Sony™((ソニー株式会社)

Not to mention Double A's carry much more charge than rechargeable formats try again Sony marketer

>constantly be told I'm funny and charismatic
>have no problem talking to people
>make out with some girls at parties and at bars
>some girls even start contact with me
>however
>now 27, close to 28
>virgin
>never had a gf

how the fuck do I deal with this shit? I have a job, friends, living situation. I live in a huge American city. How the fuck do I meet women? I've had shit luck on Tinder and online sites. Thanks for any help.

I bought the version that comes with a wire for 34 bucks for PC use.

im just using my original boner controller over usb on my pc works great

batteries>>>>>rechargeable packs

Underrated post. I don't see why Xbone controller using AA is an issue, you can just pick up a rechargeable kit that is universal, works on shit not just Xbone for less than $10 what are you poor?

Also if your PS4 controller battery dies what are you gonna do, open up and buy a overpriced $30 battery anyway?

>out of college
>meeting women
You're basically fucked, but the good news is everyone in your age bracket is equally fucked, and therefore desperate.

>voids the warranty
>You need to buy a new DS4 to get the replacement battery anyway

Am I being trolled?

>a propitiatory mess
It's just a 3.7v battery with a 2 pin connector...

>Some complicated in house mess
>not proprietary

You were already found out Mr Marketer how much is Andrew House paying you?

Dude, if the battery is failing you that warranty was gone years ago. You can find replacement batteries easily, from cheap Chinese shit to better generic stuff.

or you can go to the store and buy some AAs with zero difficulty and not have to order chinese shit that will burst into flames and have that left in your home

AAs are superior, period

Rechargeable AA are superior. Doesn't change the fact that you can replace dualshock batteries easily as long as you are not retarded.

>hvae to order shit online from some chinese seller
>hope it works
>hope it doesn't burst into flames
vs
>go to the store and buy some AAs

sorry but you aren't winning this argument. AAs are blanket superior. period. the end.

not to mention do you kids even realize that AAs last like a fucking year in a controller?

You're a dumbass

oh please, not everyone is as nerdy as you. so much trouble when I just want to play games

My argument is not which one is better so there's no point to your post. Here's your reply though.

>>hope it works
>>hope it doesn't burst into flames

you sound someone who's too paranoid to use ebay in the first place. Chinese sellers will suck dick for full stars. If you happen to get something that doesnt work, email them and they'll probably send you a new set free of charge and shipping just to keep that 5/5

WOW so basically i'm just waiting weeks of time, more than once, instead of going to rite-aid which is literally 3 minutes from my house and getting something guaranteed to work, for another 6+ months, for like 8 dollars for a 12 pack.

your argument just keeps getting better.

I just stuck a couple eneloops in mine and called it done with. It charges when it's plugged in and it works like charm when it's not.

or you could drive to a local hobby store and buy a little 2pin battery that everyone uses for helicopter/quadcopters

battery leaks and ruins internals
>b-b-but replacable batterys can leak too
but they are easier to remove and chances are since you are changing batterys every couple months they wont leak anyway

or
hey just a thought
buy from one of their overseas companies

Seriously, are you afraid to meet people from Craigslist too because you think you're gonna get shanked? You sound like you literally never leave your house

>put things that aren't meant for a device in an electronic device

great idea
instead of just using genericized battery forms that are literally meant for this purpose

of course i'm arguing with autistic retards who think ps4 controller compraes to xbone in any way to begin with, so. hard to argue with down syndrome kids.

when have these batteries even been known to just leak? None of my DS3s ever did this

wouldn't recommend it anymore. Latest update has been causing way too many latency issues (through bt). If you plan on using bluetooth, inputmapper works like a dream.

>tfw having to swap your only 2xAA batteries between 360 and xbone controllers

Why do you only have 2? Unless you're a moron, you buy Panasonic kits (avoid if you're Australian) and they come with like 4-10

Not that guy, but why not?

Both the DS4 and the Xbox controller are pretty damn good. Might as well train your hands to use both, it's not rocket science or anything.

>last like a year in a controller
I bet you dont even play video games.

>rc vehicles
>not electronic devices

>if the battery is failing you that warranty was gone years ago
We're talking about DS4 though. Not Xbox controllers.

shouldn't even be an issue either way since they're very accessible and cheap as fuck regardless of how many there are in a set

not meant for the controller you actual dumbshit. it's not the same battery even if you think it is

Much rather use my own AA. I have great rechargeables that last 2 weeks of heavy use

>I bought a 48 pack of AA's last year and still have plenty left.
who the fuck buys non-rechargable batteries nowadays

actually why do those still exist anyways? are they more effective in emergencies or something

amazon.com/Playstation-2000mAH-Replacement-Battery-Controller-4/dp/B00JFQ045Q

amazon.com/Battery-Packs-Lithium-3-7v-2000mAh/dp/B0137ITW46/

literally the exact same thing, one just has a plastic cover to make it look nice

>buy rechargeable batteries
>have USB cable slot to keep it on if i need it when I take them out an charge them
Not seeing the issue

>Joystick material is shit.
>Share button is pointless.
>Battery life is abysmal.
>The reach you have to do to hit the options button.
>Shoulder triggers get mushy quickly.
>Bumpers wabble.
>Textured grip gets nasty.
>Touchpad is underutilized and a gimmick.
>Symmetrical joysticks.
>Speaker. WHY?
>Rumble is weak and controller has no weight.
It belongs with your opinion, in the garbage. The only way to make this controller good is to mod it.

But hey! It's better than the DS3 in every way. Maybe with the DS5, we'll see something truly worth your sycophancy.

>official is $12
>knockoff is $22

you're a fucking moron

You know you can use regular rechargeable batteries right? Not ms official batteries.

Lol the first link in your post has multiple problems

The first is the Chinese fake, the second one is much better.

>there are still idiots out there who think a rechargeable battery pack that becomes total bullshit after a year of moderate use because companies will cheap out on the components is somehow BETTER than being able to change out batteries yourself, including the ability to use low drain batteries like Eneloops

you stupid fucking faggots should stop being such stupid fucking faggots

>total bullshit after a year
I have my dualshock 3 for more than 5 years now it works just fine, the fuck. Funny how I went through several 360 controllers because stick drifting and becoming loose.

>grab any 2 double A batteries like a normal controller and you're good to go
Vs
>open factory sealed controller, buy special battery, change, close the whole thing
MS made the right decision.

>I used my DS3 for Netflix for five years because no gaemz console

congrats

>the system that actually had games caused my controllers to wear out

double congrats

>there are people in this thread who use batteries at all
I dont see the point. Just buy a pad with a cord. Plus its noticeably lighter. Plus the wired is faster and gives me an advantage :^)

well it's no surprise that your ps3 controller is less worn out than an xbox 360

I wouldn't change it for the world. Being able to hot swap batteries whenever you run out of charge is invaluable.

Buy this fucker and thank me later. You just keep two in the charger at any given time.

God damnit. Pic related.

Doesn't affect me, I just use the controller wired at all times.

At least its removable and easily replaceable unlike the DS4 which gets to the point where it needs to always be plugged in. It should come with a rechargeable battery pack though.

Not like it affects me anyway I use a wired 360 controller on my PC and thats it.

Hey there, just passing by.

Unless you're on some MLG esport team, wireless shouldn't be an issue, specially if you're on PC when you can just use a k+m

This. I have a 6 year old 360 controller that I use for wireless pc gaming with an adapter. I use some cheap rechargable batteries that are YEARS old and 2 of them still last me enough to finish a 30-40 hour game. I can't imagine my ps3 controller doing better if I used it daily for years.

using a dongle & bluetooth. use input mapper. shits great

feels really cheap because of that disgusting glossy plastic, otherwise pretty basic controller with little complaints.

probably a bitch to get working on a PC though

>Just buy a pad with a cord.
i like my wired x360 controller for that simplicity, but if the alternative is wireless with easily removable AA batteries which you can also plug in via USB anyways, then why bother with a wired gamepad

honestly the fuck huge length of wire with my wired x360 controller is inconvenient many times because i have a lot of clutter (tiny space in city). I'd just go and buy an Xbone controller now if i actually played games instead of shitposting all day

You'll probably only need to charge or replace the batteries about 4 or 5 times before the RB or LB buttons stop working.
Don't believe me? Go ahead and pick any ransom 1 star review on Amazon and see if that's what they're complaining about.

Sorry, you're not going to notice or improve due to the fraction of a frame in response time. Very much beyond human reaction time.

Does anyone know of some reliable micro usb cables?
I 've had my controller fall while still connected, and it always fucks up the griping pins on the plugs.

This is my setup as well, except for the cheap part I guess. Eneloops are $19 for four AA's plus the the charger but the charger is really nice and the batteries last for fucking ever.

I actually bought the big Power Pack since I needed some AAA's and wanted the extra AA's. I love it.

Would you consider just getting the wireless dongle and some rechargeable AA's? I've heard the Micro USB port on the X1 controller isn't very reliable anyway so it sounds like it's bound to fail eventually.

3 hours? They last at least 24 hours, and recharge in 30 minutes

I Did; SHITS GREAT! make sure to not put your dongle in a usb 3.0 port it fucks with the latency badly. its just that shit falls sometimes while connected fucking up those fucking grips

My dong is in a 3.0 slot and it works fine.

he's overestimating, but the x1 pad actually has battery saving stuff built in, in addition to not having a retarded touchpad and lightbar, if the controller can tell that it's been put down and no one's using it, it'll go into a low power state

Muh nigga

>tfw haven't bought new AA batteries in two years

I just buy bulk boxes of batteries on amazon

I bought the 48 pack back in January, and I still have well over three quarters of it left. These batteries last a very long time for how cheap they are.

You can technically open up the controller but good fucking luck getting a replacement for the battery that isn't a bootleg that's somehow worse.

amazon.com/Battery-Packs-Lithium-3-7v-2000mAh/dp/B0137ITW46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475294022&sr=8-1&keywords=2000 mah battery

Cool, where did you buy that? Online? You have to wait to get that shipped to you? Meanwhile, a person with an Xbox controller can just go to their local convenience store, buy a pack of batteries if they don't have any, and then go back to playing within minutes. Or, if they're smart, they'll have a set of rechargeable AAs ready to go just in case.

>2 days is a lot

12 USD for the 48 pack, i am never falling for the rechargeable meme again

Goddamn, was Nintendo the only one who got it right this gen with the classic pro?

Microsoft still using batteries that drains fast

Sony went full retard with their controller this gen

meanwhile the classic pro last 3-4 whole fucking days of nonstop continuous play.

The only problem is that it wasn't the standard, but goddamn Nintendo knows how to make controllers when they aren't bullshiting.

>PS4 controller lasts 24 hours
>Implying they last more than 6, on a good day
>Yfw

It has like a 50hr battery life was his point

Where the flimflam fuck do I get drivers for the Xbone controller on Win 7 64 bit?
They're all either removed or riddled with bad shit.

I must be doing something wrong.

80 you mean.

Compared to less than 5 minutes, yes.

I thought it'd be a bouffet, but they're all either dating, engaged, in relapse from a relationship, not interested, or they have a fucking kid.
What the fuck is up with some of these women having kids in their early 20's?

>25 cents per battery
These can't be that good if they're that cheap

Just connect a micro USb to your xbone controller and it will work. Doesnt even need batteries, just the connection.
>b-but I wanna play wireless
enjoy your response lag faggot

I still have one for my mouse from back when it was still labelled Sanyo instead of Panasonic. The life has shorten considerably since 2011 (I have to charge every day now), but it still works.

More shit should come with eneloops from the god damn factory IMO.