>"I guess this is one of those scripted losses"
>party gets wiped
>"Game Over"

Fuck y'all for telling me Strange Journey was good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zeTRX9wt5Wg
mediafire.com/file/bja0b1xc3of3451/PasswordGeneratorAnalyzer04.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it's any consolation you're literally at the exact spot where the game falls apart and goes downhill

It's an easy boss and you're shit though

>I'm bad at the game
>Therefore the game is bad
I'm assuming this is your first SMT. You don't grind on SMT. You fuse demons and exploit weaknesses. What i usually do is i save and go for a test fight. If what i have is enough to beat the boss, then i do it. If not, i reset, load, and get the proper equipment and demons. If i don't have them i go and search for them.

That's how you git gud at SMT. It's not that hard. You just gotta play the game.

I wouldn't say it goes downhill, but the entire tone shifts. Instead of cautious hope of escape, most of the crew starts to despair as they realize just how small of a player they are in the war between law and chaos. I think it was pretty great to watch how the crew handled that.

That said, I wish there was a bad end where you did successfully escape early and roll right into NG+. I know leaving would mean that Chaos would likely win and swallow the earth since demons were already showing up in towns around the world and law's leader was still in a thousand pieces, but still.

To be fair, unless you're completing your compendium, you're not going to know exactly which demons you need off the top of your head. It took me a while to find close leveled demons with the resistances I needed for a few fights just because SJ was my first game in the series.

Also took me some time to get out of the Pokemon mindset that you don't get a team of favorites and keep them forever unless you're already at endgame.

^ you need this OP. SMT is not the kind of game where you can only use the same team of demons throughout the entire game. You need to adapt your team to fit the needs of the given part of the game. It also means that you need to fiddle around with fusions to the point where it might take 30 min to an hour of trying to find just ONE good demon that you might use until maybe the next boss, even then it might work because the enemies change up on and off again.

did you try hitting it with fire (lol

>Also took me some time to get out of the Pokemon mindset that you don't get a team of favorites and keep them forever unless you're already at endgame.
But muh Pascal
Muh Pixie

Only demon that I always keep around is Alice, even then, I fuse her later with better skills and level.

SMT punishes you for keeping demons for too long, the xp curve can hit ridiculous numbers.

>just because SJ was my first game in the series.
Maybe that was your problem. I started with 1.

You forgot Daisoujou. Then again he can carry you through a good 60% of SMT 3

>SMT punishes you for keeping demons for too long, the xp curve can hit ridiculous numbers.
This is why I always do a NG+ run of any SMT game fusing my favourite to be the most powerful it can be.
Usually this is Pixie (Persona 3, Devil Summoner 2, and of course Nocturne being my most proud).
Persona 4 original let me make a decent Izanagi, didn't bother with Golden because I hate handheld games.
I'm hoping in P5 I can make a really good starting persona.

Demons aren't your friend user.

They are tools.

Tools can be novelty as well user

Fuck you.

Tools... or nice trophies.
It's not like I'm in love with pixie or anything.

I thought I had the hang of the game so far, using fusions and exploiting weaknesses and shit. I was actually having a good time too, but this sector has just been a drag overall. The teleport maze and poison floors were ridiculous, and this boss just ended up being the cherry on the shit sundae.

So I decided to be a bitch and look up walkthroughs for that particular fight. Turns out the only viable strat for whoroborous involves using buffs and wailing on her with team attacks. Gonna git me a demon with luster candy and come back with a clear head

Trust me, if you're having this much trouble then you won't be able to beat the neutral or law final boss.

You should give DDS or IV a run and come back. The final bosses/dungeon will be an absolute nightmare for you. Seriously it makes this snake look like a bitch. SJ is noticeably more difficult than most SMT games.

>>"I guess this is one of those scripted losses"
Is it EVER one of those?

No the game does completely go to shit. The level design from sector 5 onwards is atrocious. The story goes off the deep end with Gore coming back to life and Jimenez going full retard (man I hate demons! ...hey I kinda like this demon...I'm going to become a demon!). Mem Aleph is a trash final boss that punishes players for fielding three demons of the same alignment, something that is encouraged for the entire game up until that point. The backtracking is awful, and the rest of the exploration is filled with stupid meme shit like that teleporter that only activates on the full moon

You going have a lot of fun with mem aleph.

People always try play SMT games like pokemon, Long as you keep buffing/debuffing and fusion properly the game don't get that much hard.

Band Aiding weakness is a must some times.

What about that level 70-something angel from smt 4 apocalypse?

Or the horde before you even become a godslayer?

>stupid meme shit
I don't think you know what meme even fucking means

And Jimmez was forced to fuse with the demon to save himself and the demon, he really liked that little guy. He only became "bad" because he thought that the demons are not always bad

And I see nothing wrong with gore being possessed before dying

There's really nothing wrong with ouroborus, you can make a good team and win pretty reliably. It's the final boss (neutral/law) that's total bullshit; she's impossible without grinding a lot of levels (you'll be in the low 60s when you reach her and, most of her attacks one-shot you after she clears buffs plus she has one move that is an unavoidable OHKO and can be used on the main character for an instant game over) or using password demons.

That one was obvious though, wasn't it? It's a level 70 dude in the beginning of the game.
I meant in the sense of people thinking that a regular boss with no particular build-up would be a scripted loss. It's almost always obvious that you're not supposed to win.

Not him, but that teleporter is pretty retarded. I have no idea how anyone is suppose to figure that out without using a guide

Well, SJ is pretty made by Entire EO staff on top of using EO engine.

I broke down and passworded a bunch of reflect all demons in my first play-through and she killed herself in an auto battle.

>I guess this is one of those scripted losses
it actually is. You just need to survive.

I had a lot of Humunculus stocked up so her insta-kill thing wasn't really a big deal.
I think I beat her at level 65~ the only big grind I had to do was getting the dragon sword from Mot search so at least one person could do constant damage.

The teleporter stuff is nothing, it's just a bit of trial and error. If you remember where each teleporter goes it won't take long at all. As for the pitfall/hidden door stuff, once you do a bit of exploring you can surmise where the correct path must be based on the map.

>she's impossible without grinding a lot of levels
youtube.com/watch?v=zeTRX9wt5Wg

>you'll be in the low 60s when you reach her
what the fuck? I was low 80's when I got to her. Do sidequests motherfucker.

>Palomides
>Gades
>Lavos
>Seath
>Victor and Victoria (and Airy)
>half the bosses in Xenoblade
I mean yea, it's pretty common

>using password demons
Wow yea you sure showed him. Fuck you're retarded

I found it pretty discouraging that the walkthrough for this boss basically amounts to "Welp, here are the passwords for some OP demons". As if a regular player can't just tweak their party a bit and come out fine

Mem Aleph is literally fuse demons with ref some element, and get some heal.

Only thing annoying is the insta kill.

Only password I used was for Demonee-ho because you couldn't get him any other way. Amaterasu and Lakshmi ended up more helpful than he was since he could do a couple of hits before running out of MP.
70% of the damage Amaterasu dealt was repeled Fire.

I have a save file at level 63, fully decked out with the most awesome demons available barring password demons. I can't win. My MC risks death any time he does anything other than defend because he gets OHKOd if she clears buffs and uses any elemental attack. Maybe I got unlucky with random stats, I have the fimbul vest equipped and it's still not enough to take a hit.

>I had a lot of Humunculus stocked up so her insta-kill thing wasn't really a big deal.
I'm not talking about the light/dark instant death attacks. In her second for she has an attack, I think it's called "MA," that OHKOs you and is completely unavoidable. You can survive it once with the dragon ring but that's it.

What sort of strategy did you do with your demons? What growth type did you MC have? Next time I play SJ I need to plan out my final party right from the start to have a marginally better chance of survival.

you can fuse those skills into a demon, granted most of the repels are on endgame demons. The point was that you don't have to grind a lot of levels.

You can beat Mem Aleph very well around level 80, which is what you should arrive her at. I don't know what he was skipping to reach her at low 60s. Common enemies are at around level 70 near the endgame.

You cannot obtain those demons without grinding levels. The sources with reflect skills are only obtained from high level demons. You can't get reflect skills from mutation, either.

SMT3 pixie is different. Thanks 5th Kalpa.

I know, I was just jabbing at the comment that you need to. Well you don't NEED to, actually.
You can even create your own demons if you want to:
mediafire.com/file/bja0b1xc3of3451/PasswordGeneratorAnalyzer04.zip

It's not like cash is hard to find either. You're basically swimming in cash in SJ.

>haha you don't need to grind, you can just cheat instead!

I know that, which is why I specifically stated
>or using password demons.
That password generator is totally rad though, I once used it to make a super team of my favourite demons for the hell of it.

Well don't cheat, just get good. I don't get you
>waah, I don't want to grind
>waah, I don't want to fuse
>waah, I don't want to get good demons

Fine, the game is unbeatable, all those people who legitimately beat her without trouble are just lying.

Not the guy you're arguing with cunt, just letting you know that you're being a pedantic faggot

>you don't NEED to grind! you could just stop playing the game

>Next time I play SJ I need to plan out my final party right from the start to have a marginally better chance of survival.
ehh, you really don't need that.
MC's growth is always random, mine was sanic fast, everything else was balanced, I think.
I got Dragon Sword from the Fafnir side-quest, hits twice everytime, made Doomguy spam that attack button like there was no tomorrow.
For demons, I had Amaterasu, repels her Fire skill, has Invitation (REALLY useful skill, pretty much the MVP here) to revive anyone who gets one-shotted and spams Trisagion when possible.
Lakshmi had Fog Breath to debuff her all the time, but not too much, since it seemed to trigger her clear skill or whatever it was, and heal when needed, not often, believe it or not, reflect all the way baby, and also because if they didn't reflect it, they probably died. Also had Invitation, because fuck you.

3rd slot was saved for however had full MP at the moment who could spam a strong attack, Deemone-hoo, Hanuman, Trumpetteer, Alice, Odin. I think they all could reflect an element or two.

Reflecting is a big deal against her, two demons with Invitation nulls out any funny tricks with MA and keeps your momentum up.

Should mention that her MA never killed me, I think, it was always some strong attack instead, it missed often on me but fucked my buddies instead. I think LUC is the factor here.

Thanks for the explanation, However:
>Amaterasu
Level 79
>Laksmi
Level 73
>Demonee-ho
Level 75 and password only
etc.

Still, your general strategy seems pretty similar to mine. I had a white and red rider with invitation and tried to spam jihad (obtained through manipulating a slime's sources with the app that forces skills to mutate) but that didn't work very well. In retrospect I think jihad isn't worth it, I think it's better to go with fog breath like you did.

Magic defense is based on your own magic stat, right? My MC has a mere 27 points of magic so maybe I was unlucky with stat distribution. The fight would be a lot more manageable if he could reliably take a hit.

>waah, I don't want to grind
>waah, I don't want to fuse
>waah, I don't want to get good demons
I want to fuse and to get good demons. I want to get the best possible team without grinding or using cheats. I don't see what's so complicated about that. All other bosses in the game are beatable with good party composition, mem alph is just not fun.

God dammit. I saw all the cool gear that let's you repel/resist almost everything and got excited. Turns out that shit is only available in NG+, which means to use this against Mem Aleph...you gotta beat Mem Aleph first

yeah, I think I most definetly wasn't on level 65, sorry for the misconception, it's been a while since I finished that game.
I don't know about how MAG affect magic damage, I think VIT is supposed to cover that, but for you to have 27 MAG at level 65 is pretty fucked.

Expect more poison floors and teleport dead ends later in the game. Both are a staple for the SMT series. Plus, buffs are OP as shit. I tend to always have one support demon that has all the buffs, a team heal, and a status cleanse.

You could always go Chaos, beat THAT final boss instead then go back for Mem Aleph on NG+.