Her new game comes out in two months! Could have been this week though

Her new game comes out in two months! Could have been this week though.

Other urls found in this thread:

spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/shantaehalfgenieherodemo/sheet/67775/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Muh waifu game

Will Shantae softvore Risky after taking her clothes off, swirling her tongue all over Risky's bare body?

>no update this month despite the game basically being finished
>but here's a new 3DS theme :^)

>>but here's a new 3DS theme
did it actually come out yet? I checked the Mega and didn't see it there.

drake-posters are as bad as the bronys

Yes. You could probably just make it yourself since it's only the swimsuit clear image w/ Twitch and Vinegar added (and Propeller Town as the background music).

The only thing you'd be missing is Shantae's giggle, which seems to be new/lifted from HGH.

They're polishing it up good.

It's going to be amazing. I'd rather they take their time on a game i'll love for the rest of my life than rush it out unfinished to meet some arbitrary release date.

Based Shants

>Shantae's giggle

worth the price by itself

>Playing Nutendo games

>>"NX wirr be worf it, firthy gaijin, u wont mor mario in the orimpics games? you know you rove it. YOU NO ASK ABOUT NX, YOU WAIT... Firthy pig.. YOU HAVE WAIFU GAME NAO!"

Waifu-fapbait: the mediocre 90's platformer.

You called?

As long as they stay away from the 8-bit enemy respawning and shit, it'll be fun.

why is there a birthday hat

I'm playing it on PC though.

I can't be the only one happy with this current era? side scrolling mascot platformers are making a huge comeback and the only misstep so far has been MN9. Freedom Planet 2 is shaping up to be better than the first, Sonic Mania looks incredible, still more Shovel Knight content coming, Gunvolt 2 just came out and was great, Monster Boy is getting 3 new, distinct games, albeit one as a remake, and Shantae is a few months off.

Oh please, like this underage infested board has any goddamned room to talk with Bioshock Infinite, Touhou, Neptunia, Overwatch, Senran Kagura, DOA, and all the other shit I'm forgetting.

birthday, user.

Fuck off newfag

it's not my birthday yet

where do you think you are

>giant Shantae

More. My Dick demands it

how about a mermaid giantess instead

we aren't going to learn anything about this weird as shit first chapter until the game comes out, are we

I'm happy that way. Pirate's Curse was great going in not expecting shit like Bronson, the afterlife dungeon, and the shenanigans with Sky and Barracuda Joe.

Played one of the others and it was fairly mediocre.

I'd say it needs all the "polish" it can get.

But to be fair being a genie who attacks with their hair is just kind of a lame premise to begin with, they did well enough making anything playable with a concept like that.

Fair enough.

However, the delay fatigue is definitely setting in. Another update or two before release would be nice.

>People look at HGH and only see a waifu game

What the fuck? Have you guys seen the trailer? This is like Rayman Origins, a truly good-ass looking 2D platformer with great graphics, smooth controls, solid platforming and tons of other shit to do.

Don't get me wrong, there are those waifufags, but the anticipation for this game is intense for a good fucking reason.

That's a big fish

I wouldn't say that Rayman Origins had nice controls, the startup and cooldown on every single action was ridiculous. It was like controlling a wet towel, sloppy as hell.

Sold mostly on art style.

It's going to be spectacular, guaranteed.

I haven't seen much of HGH but I have played Pirate's Curse and found it to be one of the dullest platformers I've ever played. Dull level design with too much backtracking.

I mean. It's a video game

I want to calm down a giant angry mermaid.

I know, but a sweet premise can carry a mediocre videogame and a lame premise really holds one back.

better luck next year then, champ.

I have no doubt that it'll be better than rough edges GBC, short RR, and awkward SatPC.

Eh, I liken it to a fast blue hedgehog speeding through shit, and italian plumber jumping on stuff, and a pink blob eating and copying abilities. Just a kinda out there concept used to build fundamental gameplay around.

>awkward SatPC

Elaborate

The audience here isn't retarded children who will buy anything with bright sounds and colours, it's adults who buy things with their dick.

Where's the numbers behind this?

Maybe saturated?

The premise isn't that she hits stuff with her hair, but rather that she could transform and shit by dancing. The hair whip came later in development.

The concept was fairly novel when the game was originally being pitched in the 90s. Nowadays, not so much, so now they try to give each game in the series its own spin on the formula instead.

Basically, it did its best to be a modern platformer. People that bitch about the backtracking did not use the Pirate Flares, so ignore them.

But between the enemy respawning and placements, the convoluted maps WITH fetchquests, the last area being sheer trial and error, and the easy as fuck final boss, the game still has that 'dated' feel and I can very well assure you at this point that it has to do with the design directors and staff.

>convoluted

how

everything was pretty straight forward

Should Wayforward keel over and just turn its IP's into H-games instead?

Is whipping with a ponytail really that lame to begin with? Do you question attacking enemies with Yoshi's tongue? Is Inhaling enemies as Kirby lame? What's so wacky about a ponytail compared to stuff like that?

>Pirate Flares

The islands themselves have plenty of shallow backtracking, stupid shit like presenting two lengthy routes for the player to explore only to reveal that one of them is a dead end until you go down the other one to get an item. It's a lazy and superficial attempt at trying to make the level design less linear, and WayForward's lack of finesse in doing so just leads to frustration in the player's part.

Assuming that this game is purely marketed to adults (it isn't), why can't adults buy into ponytail hairwhipping and magical animal transformations? I'll let you in on a well-kept secret of adulthood: Adults don't need to impress anybody with the content of their games.

I love Shantae

I love Risky

See
Thank you for the explanation I don't have.

>shallow backtracking
I'm sorry, but I enjoyed exploring the islands, and having new abilities every time I returned was incentive enough to "backtrack." This is a pseudo-metroid game, so using abilities to uncover new areas is pretty expected.

Would you just prefer 100% linear level design? That would render the metroid-like ability discovering pretty pointless.

So underrated. She needs more love in these threads.

1. That's not convolution. If anything, that's the opposite.
2. There's only one point in the game where you're given 2 routes where one leads to a dead end, and even then, you're still shown a sarcophagus location which is important for a sidequest that happens shortly after.

You're absolutely delusional.

The sky area, the underworld, the spider dungeon, hell, traversing the key portions of the water area and the Whateverdrome with the lava, it is factually so.

We need a Skye biting her lip and a happy Rotty of this.

Or more preferably, Skye biting Risky's "lip" and a "happy" Rotty, and Shantae also taking advantage of Risky's situation.

but where are the mermaids?
Step up senpai

I'll give you Saliva Island's puzzle, but Propeller Town ends with you getting an item and the items you can't get don't lead you into any fake outs. Cackle Tower and Omulette Du Suffering are dungeons so a couple of areas that are inaccessible without items are to be expected, and none of which require much backtracking.

Fine. Shantae will have to sit this one out because the mermaids have her.

>Walk into Scuttle Town and see this
>Wat do?

Funny how that perfectly describes Super Metroid

>tfw shantae tulpa coming along nicely
Soon I'll have my own shantae gf.

Great, now I want to see Shantae in the Urushihara's artstyle with a massive bush.

You just said what we're talking about.

You say it's passable.
It's not. It's not logical for artificial constructs NOR enjoyable (thankfully, it looks like HGH is following the Tan Line Island/RR/DuckTales Remastered stage layouts).

Offer to help her stand up, looking puzzled.

I stop by and ask her if Risky is nearby and if she can point me to her general direction, apologizing for disrupting her yoga lessons.

Mermaid factoried Sky and Rotty or bust

>Wanting to see Urushihara Jungle Bush.

too bad

you're getting Bolo

is that official?
please tell me it is

I don't normally like giantess, but these large soft breasts are nice. Face is nice, too.

Looks kinda rough for official?

They're placeholder sprites from the last demo.

spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/shantaehalfgenieherodemo/sheet/67775/

neato

Why is she so adorable?

Oh it's like a codpiece or something

no one knows for certain

I want a tied up Risky.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

So is Shantae popular in Japan?

Nips only play phone games.

It's got enough.
Could always use more though.

>Should Wayforward keel over and just turn its IP's into H-games instead?
There's no market for smut like that in Western countries.

A couple artists have latched onto her, so she didn't go unnoticed at least.

>It features a woman so it's a waifu game
I bet you think playing as a male characters makes you gay as well. Kys.

yeah, for all the hip shaking she does im surprised she never learns a shooting peach style attack...

Will Shantae finally get her big break?

If it's niche, there is.

But that's just not WayForward's style.

I invested as much.

But I'm not seeing the gigantic marketing push nor the mass appeal, so...

I mean, I get it. I've always gotten it. But the public will not, period. Have not.

I'd buy a daki of this

Go to bed Bolo.

Rather than have my dick stomped on by her, I want to romance Risky sensually.

well, there hasn't been any "flavor of the year" games so far in 2016

HLD came and went
We all know what happened with MN9
>No Man's Sky
Gunvolt 2 just came out and while it's fine, I don't see it catching on.

The odds are in Shantae's favor. I doubt the game will be terrible, and the general populace wants to see a KS/indie game not shoot itself in the foot this year. Plus, all the offbeat chapter scenarios give it that "meme" edge.

Hopefully it does well so we can get the other characters faster.

>mfw I backed this year's ago and don't even remember what I got it for and how I can get it.

e-mail WF's support

I got enough for the artbook.
I'm praying there's some semi-lewds hidden in there.

When it comes to platformers we have finally gotten over the retarded forced 3D shit that has plagued us since the fifth gen of consoles.

Thats some good stuff, because 2D platformers are just better.
Many other genres suffer though.

Describe Shantae's personality please.

I just might, I still haven't even bothered trying getting into my backer account or whatever

It's Cred Forums; people judge games and fanbases based on what the threads look like all the goddamn time. If they see someone posting fanart of a female character then they assume (possibly project) that the person only plays the game because of the character.

A nice caramel tone

Rave in the Grave when?