This board is too cynical. name the last game you played, something you liked about it...

this board is too cynical. name the last game you played, something you liked about it, and something you didnt like about it

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Cred
youtube.com/watch?v=3HO9rswe6-U
youtu.be/33DzFr3NwnI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>rainbow six siege
>tacticool gameplay
>I fucking suck at it

Crusader Kings II.
It has a lot of fun fucking around, especially with mods.
Relying on your allies for anything is an exercise in frustration.

TF2
Medic is fun as shit
Too many idiots

>D44M
>Best Singleplayer for an FPS for quite a while
>Multiplayer sucks/dead

>Cred Forums
>playing games

Overwatch
I like the gameplay and the personality of the characters.
I dislike the commumity surrounding team composition.

Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm
Good: Having a good team leader that leads your team to victory through banzai charge
Bad: the game crashing every map and moving up and down like an idiot because the game can't decide if your prone or crouched

Overwatch is the only game I've played all year. Had a falling out with vidya a few years back but I'm having fun with this.

Road hog is OP

Civ 5

It's fun for awhile

Not enough pieces to change gameplay drastically.

>XCOM (or UFO Defense if u a pleb)
>Lots of strategy and depth
>Night missions blow

Kirby: Planet Robobot
God Tier OST
Too short

Atelier Rorona Plus.

>Love the time management system
>Not the best girl in the series.

SMT4A
Mudo and hama dealing normal damage now is good.
Why would they let any of your partners take up your press turns?

>Kingdom Hearts
>combat is really fun
>camera sucks

Pokémon Platinum
+ Great music
- Lacks polish

CS:GO
>Run around one shotting people with the AK-47 in some deathmatch
>Get called faggot by this one guy I kept killing which starts a chain reaction of people on the mic telling him to shut up and then it becomes a political debate involving Hitler...

MGSV
Liked: the story, the characters, enjoyed being able to upgrade and customize my own equipment, and catchy soundtrack to name a few
Dislike: open world is tedious to traverse and a lot of the missions and gameplay is filler. But the story missions were entertaining along with some of the non repeating side missions

Bayonetta 1
>I like the variety of weapons you have to unlock and how fast paced the combat is
>Trying to beat the 4th Jeanne fight on hard difficulty with the Gaze of Despair is fucking bullshit

Insert your choice here:

I wanna ____ Dawn!

End Roll
Cool story and decent cast of characters with unique abilities.
Ending fell flat and last couple of plot points conflict with story

I'm playing Dark Souls 2 right now.

It's WAY more fun than I was expecting.

Except I suck at it, and had to clear Heide's Tower with half health.. took hours.

>The Crew Wild Run
>Big-ass open ended map with lots of great runs to drive, best UI I've seen for tuning ever
>Limited car selection and some horrible rubberbanding in places
Two things I know, but it's solid.

Grid
>I like that it was $2 and it's a pretty good racing game for that price.
>The ability to reset your mistakes makes it pretty lame but then again I'm not playing it on the hardest difficulty.

Subnautica

Good: A survival game that actually makes surviving satisfying and a struggle for a decent portion of the game
Bad: Devs abandoned coop/multiplayer

Destiny

The grinding gets really stupid when you hit 340 light as some genius decided that blue engrams cap at 340 so you have to pray you get purple ones or just do heroics all the time, you also hit a wall at 365 cause nothing will but the raid, exotic engrams or faction packages drop shit above your light level.

Bungie realizes their expansion is content light so they pad it out like a motherfucker.

>EDF 4.1 New Despair
>+ awesome time killer and mood booster through huge explosions and mecha
>- quickly gets boring and repetitive

>Smash + Grab
Kind of feels like a multiplayer version of The Warriors game
Balance is a little wonky at the moment

ME3

Good: Tali and the Citadel DLC
Bad: everything else?

Forza Horizon 3.

It was fun.

It was a bit stuttery.

Is Forza Horizon 2 worth buying? I enjoyed the first one and I'm craving a racing game.

Mafia 1
Good missions and shooty fun
Like fucking 2 hours of driving missions at the start of the game

I haven't played 2. 3 is my first ever Forza game so I can't help you with 2 there buddy ol pal.

>Fire Emblem 8
>The story is generic but good, and the characters grew on me
>Pretty easy, especially nearer to the end not that bad since OP units make my dick hard

I'd post the last game I played, but I'm almost done and don't want some asshole to spoil me.

So, yeah. Second-last game was

>Rocksmith 2014
>Good: I can definitely see that my playing is improving
>Bad: Lack of accuracy when hitting notes, don't know if it's because my guitars keep going out of tune, my playing sucks or what

>Cocoron
>I liked the character creation gimmick and that it was actually challenging
>I didn't like that my friends wanted to stop playing it

FFXIV

Music and aesthetics are great and only continue to get better

ARR story is pretty bland

>Mass Effect 2
>More interesting things to do, can romance Tali
>The writing is awful, relationships building feels very forced, and it feels very dumbed down compared to 1.

>NFS:Most Wanted
>FAST
>cops are also fast

>Digimon Cyber Sleuth
I'm having fun getting a little nostalgia off the few digimon I remember, and it's a decent turn based game with some fucking great music.
The endgame (on hard) is an absolute fucking mess of being one shotted and bosses getting 10+ turns, meaning if you don't min/max you get absolutely shit shattered.

sm4sh
I'm good at it
3DS exclusive maps

...befriend?

Corpse Party: Blood Drive
It made the fucking joke game canon, the absolute madmen.
The gameplay/plot makes it the worst Vita game I have ever bought to date, I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

>Resident Evil 5
>Everything except Sheva's AI
>Sheva's AI

I liked it.

I only ever played it coop though.

Persona 4G.

I'm in love with this game, and I love the characters, relaxed setting and combats fun yet simple.

But I hate having so many things to do, Do I raise a social link? Do I train muh stats? Will I get gimped out of options if I don't? What deadline do I have for this task and this social link?

Street Fighter V
I really enjoy Vega and Urien
There's no way to message your opponent to thank them after a match on the PC version

Ace Attorney 6
Good: The dev team finally took advantage of 3D environments and character models by using dynamic camera angles and it's fucking wonderful.
Bad: I cannot change text speed.

Generally, don't worry about it. You have more than enough time to do everything you want. Only deadlines in the game are dungeons and requests.

>Paper Mario
>Fun RPG
>Easy levels

I miss Cred Forums memes sometimes

>Mario Kart 7
Good
>Coming from DS, there's tons of quality of life improvements like all the extra boost opportunities, and generally being more forgiving than DS and Wii if you get fucked over early
Bad
>it's still bullshit for any racer to have a sooper sekret starting countdown boost mechanic, and I don't know why rosalina and metal mario are characters at all. Plus tanooki leaf is the most useless item ever

>tfw one of the few people who loved AA5 even after the honeymoon period
>everyone is raving about 6 and I don't want to buy it since I'm unemployed
maybe I'll get to play it when Cred Forums hates it, clearly not going to change my mind

Wonderful 101
A wonderful game once you get the drawing down.
Gamepad sections breaks up the action and only there to justify a second screen.

>Persona 5
>Morgana
>Too much talking

>Magical Drop 2
>Amazingly addictive
>Too much play results in heart palpitations

>Monster Hunter Generations
Fantastic game, the Hunter arts are great.

Slowest opening ever. So many fetch quests.

I just grind for a bit, finish any new dungeons within the 1-2 days they pop up.

I pretty much do whatever when it comes to free time, (except for work; not as good a way to make money as simply grinding and selling dungeon loot.)

Also, Ayane best girl

>Undertale
+Great music (aside from some shitty loops)
+Likeable characters
+Simple, but very fun combat
-Visually pretty stale most of the time
-Humor is pretty hit or miss

BlazBlue Central Fiction

>good
Gameplay improvement all across the board.

>bad
Fuck Nine.

I dunno I've just got to Kanji's bit and I'm fond of Chie and that TOTALLY A BOY character thats turned up.

Because short-haired girls are my weakness.

Clustertruck.

I like how fast paced and arcadey it is. Just pop right in and off you go.

I dislike the wonky physics. I've had cases where you spawn and immediately die, or all the trucks spawned off kilter and they all explode from the very start, and a whole slew of similar issues.

Plus a lot of the abilities seem useless or super situational. All you really need is slow time and double jump. I prefer grappling hook more, but double jump almost seems like it should be a standard thing you can do rather than a seperately activity consider how integral it seems to the game.

Just Cause 3
>dat wingsuit
>Capital city is underwhelming after Panau city

WHY IS THERE A FUCKING PARTY HAT ON MY SCREEN

WHAT THE FUCK

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

It's full of creative details that modern games never touch. Menu animations, things moving around in the background or out-of-bounds, context-sensitive animations.

Quite a few long rooms with nothing but the same enemy over and over. Not as bad as the original Metroid, but close.

>Dead Rising: OTR
>Killing Zambies, Killin psychos, saving chicks
>These FUCKING HUMANS AND THEIR GAY ASS FIREARMS

Mad Max Fury Road
>Taking out the convoys was always challenging and fun
>Gameplay got stale after like 3 hours

hownew.ru

REMOVE NEWFAG

Max Payne 3
shooting people in slow motion while flying straight at them
unskippable cutscenes and slow walking sections

encyclopediadramatica.se/Cred Forums_fgt_hat_day

guess I learn something new every day

This is honestly one of my guilty pleasures and none of my friends like playing it with me

>Project Diva Future Tone
>massive tracklist. 60fps. Plays good.
>50% of the tracks are pretty boring and generic.

You can smell the new from here.

Quadrilateral Cowboy

I like the simple and fun mechanics
I didn't like how they weren't used to their full extent

>Have a friend who started with 3
>loan him my copies of 2 and 1.
>Tell him how much better they are
>a month later tells me 2 was amazing but he couldn't finish 1 because the inventory was bad

I don't understand casual taste in vidya. Yes the inventory was bad but everything else in 1 is better than the sequels. It is in my top 5

downwell
it's fun and i like playing it
THOSE FUCKING GHOSTS

Mount and Blade Warband, modded.

I like being able to take part in big battles.

In my savegame, nobody's at war with each other, so I have nothing to do.
also none of the cool hats fit my modded hair

Borderlands
Love the tight game play, but hate all the dick and fart jokes. Moreso in the second game, but the controls are awesome throughout the series.

One of the least threatening enemies in the game. Stomp 'em.

Crypt of the NecroDancer.

Charming game that randomizes the dungeon each time so it doesn't feel repetitive. Lots of cool items and nifty soundtrack.

It's insanely difficult; I spent like two weeks just getting through zone 2 and it keeps spawning the one miniboss I'm terrible against (dragons). I've had to play it in spurts because I just get mad at it when I keep dying.

Red dragons will fuck you up.

Try luring dragons into vertical hallways, so you can freely attack them while constantly moving back.

like are you for real right now?
you really need to lurk before you post

Dawn of War DC with the official patch

>Aesthetically pleasing, perfect artstyle for a 40k game
>AI is dumb

Space Mummies a best.

>Overwatch
This weeks brawl is the most fun I've had since release.
Competitive is still shit.

>thank

Beyond Two Souls
Reminds of that game Geist where you control a ghost and posses people.

Some of the QTE sequences are stupid. Other than that, it's just your average movie game.

Call of duty Black ops 3

Pros are its easy, stress free, Hit marker noise is orgasmic.

Cons are all the wall running and vertical nature makes shooting things really hard.

Don't get me started on plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 either. Now thats a great game.

Total war: warhammer

Pros: nice little time sink. Battles are fun, multiplayer is ok.

Con: the dlc prices are outrageous, and the fact that they only have maybe a third of the races in it means if you want your favorite army, it will be months/years and will cost as much as the base game.

youtube.com/watch?v=3HO9rswe6-U

I hate it when I have a set against a guy with really good fundamentals or who destroys me honestly and I can't let them know that I'm grateful for the game and they did well. Especially when you encounter a great Dhalsim or Vega

>League of legends

+ My friend plays it which makes it bearable.
-After season 3 the game turned to shit because Riot focuses on esports rather then making a good game.

GTA V

Good - Really solid in single player, open world is actually done well. Voice acting and motion capture make it worth watching cutscenes.

Bad - Online can be really frustrating due to ranks keeping things locked and being generally unoptimized. (Why can't I just look through a list of lobbies searching for players?)

Neutral - not enough songs on the radio for my tastes. Although microtransactions are optional, they seem pushed really often. The addition of armored cars trivialized the difficultly of a lot of missions.

Dofus 1.29
> Is really fun and nostalgia-filled
> Grindy as fuck

> tfw no pandawa gf to get drunk with

Lethal League
The superb aesthetics and soundtrack.
The small playerbase.

Metroid Prime 2

Just started playing it, so far I find it less enjoyable than Prime , I wonder if it picks up later on

>Dankest Dungeon
>ow my ass
>ow my ass

>payday 2
>have fun with it with my friends
>we play way too late at night and I hate it

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on the GBA.
>puzzles and fighting is good
>no save point until 30 minutes into the game

Dark Souls 3
I love the souls formula of exploring and finding out shit with as few cutscenes as possible
I hate how much it sucks off DaS1

>master of magic
+been playing for decades. It's an old comfortable friend.
-jesus christ the bugs.

>League of Legends

Fiddlesticks
Everything else about the game.

Megaman X4

I liked how fast paced and challenging it was
though some parts I had to cheese because they were bullshit like the last phase of the final boss
Also I felt that sometimes the game would eat my inputs and not jump at certain times

But I still enjoyed my experience overall

bloodborne
dodging instead of rolling
no pictures for the places you can warp to

>Siege
>Gameplay is fun as shit
>the qt Brazilian isnt real

mountain blade war bonds with chancellor's calradia

its a sandbox game with actual shit to do and a general goal

the game can fuck you over at the worst times with random bandit/enemy lord movements that are sometimes unavoidable because your speed is too low to run

Spongebob Revenge of the Flying Dutchman

Fun Banjo Kazooie-esque collect a thon.

Complete lack of polish.

>name the last game you played,
WoW (vanilla)
>something you liked about it
It spontaneously generates SO MANY extremely intense moments. Whether it's an unexpected add interrupting your fight at a bad time, not knowing whether a high level enemy just saw you, or even just trying to clear a dungeon before the inevitable respawns happen, there's always something to keep you on edge when you're out leveling.
>something you didnt like about it
the fucking horde are full of griefing faggots. When I hit 60 I swear I'm going back to Stonetalon and I'm going to make someone else miserable as revenge.

deus ex mankind divided
ghosting feels good
the DLC being not integrated is fucking dumb

warcraft 3 the frozen throne
i liked the story
i didn't like a lot of kael'thas' dialogue or phoned in voice acting

Nuclear Throne
Best shoot em up since Metal Slug 3
Levels are too small

It's weird that I have played the original so many times and still haven't gotten all the way through tft

League of Legends

The splash arts

The fucking community

Megaman X

Good controls.

Some sub-weapons feel kinda pointless.

Final Fantasy X HD on Steam.
I like pretty much everything about it, can't really choose.
The only thing i dislike about the game is the Mi'hen Highroad/Mushroom Rock section. Such a bore.

>name the last game you played
Xenoblade Chronicles X
>something you liked about it
the exploration, armor designs, mech designs, enemy designs, the premise of BLADE, and the OST.
>something you didnt like about it
the storytelling and everything to do with its online play and interaction. This game is a perfect example of Nintendo not knowing what the fuck the Internet is.

I played TF2
I liked that everyone was trying
I didn't like that my friend was rude to one of the other players.

LISA
The story
The gameplay

You should, the Undead campaign is pretty exceptional.

fallout 1
>really engaging world and characters
>random encounters with a dozen+ enemies can be tedious

Arkham Knight

Liked:

>Combat
>Characters

Didn't like:

>Repetitive missions
>No unique boss fights
>How many parts of the game depended on the batmobile

7/10

>Dragon Quest Builders demo
>Full of Dragon Quest charm
>Not coming out for two more weeks

eu4
I like how the colour for provinces in the high development map mod is green once they reach 30 development
I don't like how the corruption system keeps me from disregarding diplomatic tech, thus robbing me from having a lot of green provinces

Factorio

>Pretty cool in every way, loving it

>Production tab doesn't have sufficient information

>Payday 2
The soundtrack and weapons are god-like, mods make it much better

It's mind-numbungly repetitive and offers no real challenge than OHKO Cloakers and millions of enemies on screen at once.

Bioshock
>gameplay and story are damn near perfect
>pacing feels inconsistent

Va-11 Hall-A

+Mixing drinks to a synth heavy soundtrack and shooting the shit with customers

-Dorthy

Overwatch
Pharah very fun to play
Enemy team always has zen + mcree

TERA
lolis
art style is nice pleasing
combat is fun

in 6 months its probably gonna die ;_;

Dark Souls
Almost everything
I'm halfway done and I don't want to finish, but I should.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out Modern Warfare 1-3 still have active communities.
Sometimes I get put into a modded lobby with Domination, but other than that everyone just plays TDM.

Who is that sperm wyrm?

Terraria

Absolutely, positively, 100% COMFY

I have extreme trouble deciding just how exactly to make my communal dwelling. Also short range weapons like swords are way too risky to use against bosses.

Divinity Dragon Commander.

I really liked the political/cyoa side of it on your command ship. While a few of the choices felt forced, I appreciated how you were able to shape your empire to fit your beliefs. The voice acting and music was also pretty good.

It's hard to quantify, but the game didn't really feel finished, especially on the story side of things. For example, one of your potential brides seems to have a lot more content in her route than the others, as best as I can tell. I also think they completely wrote off one of the princesses entirely, since you have five races to deal with, but only get to choose from 4 princesses. Also, the enemies in the second chapter are extremely important to the story, but have seem to have no impact on the game itself beyond the introduction of the chapter.

Mordheim
Beautiful lovecraftian setting, nice rpg elemets
Clunky luck based bullshit

Luftrausers

It's really fun to play for 10-15 minutes

I've never even seen a fucking blimp. Fuck this is hard

>Dead Rising
>fucking around the mall
>the survivors ai

Medieval ii total war: stainless steel mod + changes to unit.descr

Playing as hungary and loving the variety of enemies to fight; byzantines, poles, italians, germans, russians and turks

FUCK THE POPE. Asshole excommunicated me and then reconciled only to declare war the next turn.

>Eternal Crusade

>The sounds are nice

>The devs don't know how to make games

>Touhou 8
>Tag teams!
>Reimu boss fight makes me want to die

You're friends a shit

>DQ7
>the small stories are pretty nice and the class system is cool, being able to become a monster is great
>all that fucking backtracking holy shit

>Hotline Miami 2
>It's a decent length game, and the hardmode is actually GOOD (not just "more enemies"- the enemy placement is actually intelligent and designed to stop you from gaming the level the way you did the first time you played it). And you can't lock onto enemies, so you have to git gud
>at one point, it makes you play as a gimmicky pair of characters (swan twins) which suck dick

Frozen Throne

Massive nostalgia trip even if I never really played the campaign as a kid. Feels great to play. Visually, it's timeless.

I don't like the Naga aesthetic and I can't micro efficiently enough to make use of multiple spellcasters. I haven't really found a way to even macro efficiently, actually, so I'm causing myself weird pacing. But that's not the game's fault.

Federation Force
Fun multiplayer coop
Not very good solo

>clustertruck
>grappling hook and fast paced gameplay
>campaign is really short, beat it in about 6 hours
time to wait on some custom levels I guess

Gotta Protectors
It's cute as fuck and the DLC soundtrack kicks ass.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Sometimes I get good.
Fuck airplanes.

>red dead redemption
>everything
>nothing

If you change the text speed to Skip you can press the b button to load the entire box up at once, instead of waiting for the text crawl.

>Aria of Sorrow
>Soul system is fun
>Needing to grind out souls for the true ending, not so much

Star ocean 5:

I enjoy the waifus and the general RPG/tales feel, but I feel like the combat s a little too slow. The animations feel sluggsh, even though the game itself looks great.
Combat just seems to be spamming battle skills, and short/long range doesnt seem to matter, especially since you only get two skill slots for each.

Ace Attorney 6 : Spirit of Justice
I liked that it had a stronger overall theme of inheritance compared to the previous games Dark Age of Law
I didn't like that the DLC felt kinda rushed even though it had a lot of potential in its ideas

Splinter Cell Blacklist
+ good enemy variety
+ Fun missions
+non lethal is an option again

-No Ironside
-Story feels like a crime show, with it's cast of dudes.

Witcher 3
Good: awesome story, great characters
Bad: lackluster "treasure hunt" quests (except for witcher gear), randomized loot system sucks ass
Neutral: Mediocre combat, not offensively bad but nothing to write home about either.
Still game of the year all years because muh setting and story. It's definitely not for everyone and you're welcome to disagree with me.

what's the good part?

Pretty accurate.

Yeah the soul system is both the best and worst part of that game.

Has lots of really cool abilities.

But some are really useless, and they're all pretty hard to get unless you intentionally grind.

Still, its my favorite Castlevania, I even put it above SotN.

Redout
>fun arcade racing
>the controls show up with 360 controls no matter what.

>Steam world dig fistful of dirt
>like how you can just zone out and mine
>I don't like the surprise long falls into enemies killing me

Project Diva F 2nd
luka
30FPS

Lightning Returns.

Most likely the best battle system in series history. Quite an amazing soundtrack as well.

The story is jumbled fucking fanfiction shit near the level of Kingdom Hearts.

>Paladins
>Buck
>those retarded hitboxes

Fallout 4

>Like
Properly modded its quite immersive. Very nice to just wander around doing whatever you want for a few hours. Doing the quests tends to bog down the experience of just being a scavver with a nice setup.

>Dislike
Any time I have to interact with NPCs, especially companions. The dialogue is generally shit, even more so as the male protag.
Also managing settlements with the janky as fuck commands and build menu. I never can build how I want because it ends up looking like shit no matter how I do it because clipping everywhere so I just throw some beds in a prefab hut in a corner for the retard brigade growing my food and call it a day.

Destiny.

The awesome lore they put onto a website instead of in the game, the smooth gunplay, the good music, and the fantastic art, armor and creature designs.

The fact they put the actually good story onto a fucking website, then handed off the story of the latest expansion to the bundlefuck that ruined Halo by writing Halo 4, also the absolute DOGSHIT pvp, and the unnecessary grinding.

Rocksmith 2014
Riff repeater is a godsend to just replay segments over and over at any speed and difficulty.

The general guitar detection's a bit iffy though.

How is that shit for actually learning/practicing? I'm "meh" but don't practice enough.

>Fallout 4
>I liked the gunplay and some of the companions.
>I hated everything else.

SMT4
The demon art, atmosphere, and soundtrack are excellent.
Smirk is a poorly executed mechanic.

For that, generally good, it's what it was developed for after all.

Absolutely great for learning specific songs, right now I'm just learning to play foo fighter songs. But there's a lot of stuff on the pc version you can put into the game with mods.

I can't really speak for it teaching fundamentals though, but that's mostly because I'm bad at consistently practicing that. The guitarcade features a lot of minigames that are supposed to get you to learn Scales, Chords, fret positions ect. And if there's something left out of that then there's also basic tutorials that cover a lot of other things like palm mutes and harmonics.

>require level 365 in the new raid to even do damage
>remove omnigul farming while making all blues only encrypted engrams that cap at 340
How the fuck did they expect people to do this legit? Maybe one in every 300 engrams is a ghost shell, and you need to keep getting more to raise your light.

Finally played Last of Us.
It was actually really good, loved the combat, in particular, in the heat of the moment and having an enemy about to start shooting and you pick up a nearby brick and whip it at him then start wailing on him with a piece of wood. Bad thing is there wasnt alot of it, most of the time youre just kindof walking around looking for things to pick up and I completed it in one sitting on hard. I would say its way overrated, but its definitely not a bad game, how the fuck does it have so many awards, it didnt feel particularly special to me, if I had just played it without the background behind it I wouldve enjoyed it but probably forgotten it exists some time later.

Funny, I don't usually listen to mainstream buzz on games but hearing Cred Forums completely crap on this game ended up making me enjoy it a lot more then I normally would.

Tomb Raider 1996
I like the animations, feels like a 3D cinematic platformer
In the other hand the controls are some of the worst shit I've ever seen and Laura turns as slow as is humanly possible, everything involving combat is shit too.
I'm not liking it much so far, why were this game so famous? I think a lot of stuff from 1996 and before I'd play over this.
I'll keep playing though so I can bitch more later or perhaps git gud and enjoy it.

Gravity Rush Remastered
Pretty much everything is great
Feels very easy so far though

If you run heroic strikes, the non-engram drops you get are guaranteed better than what you've got. Like 1-2 light better, and you only get a couple per strike, so it takes fucking forever.

You could also be a fucking pro and go flawless in ToO and instantly jump like eight levels.

>Dragon's Dogma

Pros:
>Decent character customization
>Collecting and upgrading armor/weapons is fun
>Quests are interesting
>Cassardis is comfy
>Gran Soren is comfy
>Entertaining story with bittersweet endings
>Neat monsters to kill
>Dialogue is decent at times
>Minmaxing not required to have fun and git gud

Cons:
>Repetitive
>Repetitive
>Walking everywhere until you get a port crystal network going
>Short game
>Monsters lack variation
>Even BBI gets easy at higher levels (pic related)
>Dialogue is terrible at times
>Minmaxing requires playing as any class but the class that you want to play
>Repetitive

Maybe I just have a heart of coal, I liked what I played but it didnt leave much of a lasting impression. Feels like it was all moving way too fast to develop the characters properly so I can care more about them.
>Joel has a puncture wound
>suddenly cut to months later and hes healing while Ellie does everything
I know it was a bait and switch that Joel was dead but when you keep doing time skips like that its hard to stay with the characters. Couldve had more foreshadowing to David too. Couldve had Ellie and Joel pass through the brothers settlement they would eventually stay and show what they were leaving, were simply told that its a good place but dont experience it.

TLDR the game moves too fast and I wanted more.

I remeber my first time through. At the time I had a few years off from vidya, so I was utter trash. Didnt even know how to lock on to enemy characters

I just started the second case of Spirit of Justice, I'm very happy they brought back examining in all locations, and was glad to see Ema return.

No real complaints so far. I kind of wish I was still playing as Phoenix, but I like Apollo well enough.

Literally the same as me

Tf2
High skill ceiling/heaps of content
Matchmaking is buggy

Fallout 4.
I like just wandering around on survival mode.
Cons : anything involving some sort of bethesda writing

STALKER : Call of Chernobyl

>love the atmosphere + cutthroat game mechanics

>custom mod with no real plot or missions...no direction/incentive

Fallout 1.5

It's challenging and is the best Fallout content since New Vegas' DLC. I love the different ways you can solve quests, as well as the new weapons.

It doesn't use as many new assets as Fallout 2 did, and so far there's more skills that are outright useless than there were in Fallout 2. Still a very fun game. One I suspect I will play through again and again when I finish it just like I did with 1 and 2.

Tales of Symphonia

Like the story and most the characters. Gameplay is still fun co-op.

Don't like how flat the game feels so often if it's not a dramatic plot point. And a lot of the high ougi/mystic arte have counter-productive requirements.

XCOM: EW
Killing xeno scum/comfy turn based strategy
Length of some missions is exhausting

>using flashbacks
They're entirely optional

Grim Dawn
>pros
>combat is impactful and satisfying
>the dual class system is better than ever, many possibilities
>the notes and lore entries are interesting to read

>cons
>runs on an ancient engine that can't handle large groups of enemies, so every time there's 20+ or so on the screen the frame rate drops significantly
>the sound mixing seems weirdly off balance

New Vegas
Pro: one of the best games I've played. Easily the best example of worldbuilding in a game
Con: Cut content, Gamebryo faces.

>Killing Floor
>gunplay is awesome, there are some really nice maps for co-op zed eradication action
>mostly dead

Stardew Valley
Like planning shit and having it work as intended, hate bullshit RNG messing up my plans.

fingerbang

Should I get sniper elite 3 or rebel galaxy?
Sniper is dirt cheap but the space sim looks interesting too.

Dragon Quest VII.
I like how the game plays and all the stories you find.
I don't like how menus are slow.

>Witcher 2
> Positive: I like how the combat forces you to engage with all the game's mechanics. I often don't bother setting traps in games, but Witcher 2 won't let you just be the guy who casts fireball and hack n slashes his way through the game.

>Negatives: Geralt feels too cool for me to playing as him. Dandelion's voice acting sticks out really badly too, when he was introduced I expected a *record scratch* " yep thats me, dandelion, you're probably wondering how I ended up here..." thing.
-The weight limit was fucking terrible and slowed the game down way too much, so I modded it off and now the game is a hundred times better.

Doom 2016
>combat is fast paced, brutal and most importantly very fun
>it's incredibly easy on normal and even on hard you have a lot of survivability once you've got the combat mechanics down

>path of exile
>massive build variety and the game itself is pretty fun
>most of the builds suck anyways unless you either have a shitload of currency to blow or get lucky

>Fallout New Vegas
>I can roleplay as a handsome swashbuckling cowboy
>I messed up installing mods and I can't be bothered trying to fix it

you can just pirate both of them, don't be a retard

>doom 2016
>fun

yeah fighting a max of 10 enemies at a time is fucking fun, jesus could you get any more casual? pic related is almost 20 years old now and this 1 single ROOM out of this single LEVEL in an entire fucking megawad has more enemies than the ENTIRETY of D44M

D44M is utter shit.

Hey I'm playing it right now.

Protip you can make any build work if you're gud enuf.

Bonus for me is the same, but my one complaint would probably have to be the complete incompetence the devs have in improving performance.

Thanks for the input friend. OG Doom probably is pretty great, but I still had a ton of fun with Doom 2016.

>not complaining about how jewish the economy is
>oh you want this 6L shavronne's which is a keystone of your build? lol 1000 exalted orbs which takes the average player over a year of playing 8 hours a day to get :^)

>getting bent out of shape because someone found something that you don't like fun

Where do you think we are?

>cops don't get affected driving through road spikes
>your car does

The one fucking thing that bothers me.

>literally "NOO STOP HAVING FUN"
get out

Some Doom fans have this incurable disease, unfortunately.

Don't criticize any Doom levels for being bad either, or you'll never hear the end of it.

Newfag is new

Nigger the eco is great if you know what you're doing. Making 1 ex per hour isn't too hard. Shavs are only like 8 ex tops anyways.

You can do most builds on low budget or high dollar. For example, right now I'm running red maps in my 25-30 ex warchief totems build, but a build could be made for less than 1/10 the price and still clear that content almost as easily.

>Kirby Planet Robobot
>Robo-Cutter is so cool
>Only way to get Smash ability outside of secrets is with Amiibo

>6 linked shavronne's
>8 ex tops
lmao no, the shittiest possible shav's with absolutely no links whatsoever was 500ex when i quit 6 or 7 months ago. the economy is absolutely fuckin retarded.

> Mount and blade warband (deus vult mod)
>Super badass and fun
>I suck dick at it

Half Life 2

>great set pieces and pacing

>not enough good weapons

Oh, economy has changed a whole lot since then. Shavs is legit 8 ex in temporary leagues, a lot less in Standard. Kaom's is like 2 ex. Mjolner is 30c at most. Basically the devs quadrupled top tier unique drop rates. Only two uniques are still consistently a few dozen exalt, Headhunter and the newly-added and extremely rare Skyforth boots.

>EYE
>boy this sure seems like it could hypothetically be fun if I knew what the fuck was even happening at any given time
>boy this sure seems like it could hypothetically be fun if I knew what the fuck was even was happening at any given time

Street Fighter 5

>relatively easy to pick up
>I still suck dick because my only experience with fighting games is beating up the CPU on a couple of arcade cabinets as a kid

you had one job

what about the problem of nerfed items (i think they call them Legacy)

perfect legacy kaom's was, not even shitting you, FIVE THOUSAND EX when i quit. there were some other legacy items i wanted that were also beyond absurd on the pricing, when their non legacy versions weren't even 1ex.

i want to be happy about the price reductions, but i know that since the devs bumped up the drop rates of rares that just means they are going to be fucking everywhere, everyone's going to have them, and you can't be a special snowflake with the ultra rare, powerful items that enable builds 99.9% of the playerbase can't use because they don't have those items.

i guess i just hate path of exile now even though they tried to fix one of my my main complaints with the game.

Breath of Fire I
Pros: Deis makes me happy
Cons: Repeated NPC dialogue, I don't remember Dragon Quest 1 having this problem

Blade & soul

> love the character creation, the art, and the gameplay

> hate my fucking shit laptop ssd who's already full so I need to buy an external harddrive if i want to play

'Twas good for the hour I was on it

i get it

Dragon Quest 7

Extremely fun class system once you unlock it.

But holy hell does unlocking it take a long time, after a rather brutal dungeon, and you kinda want to punch whoever came up with the Hybrid Skills hidden system.

>EYE
>MY LEGS ARE OK
>"You've killed a good and caring daddy."

Actually if you're playing the 3ds version, Hybrid skills were removed from the game. Said attacks were just allocated to various job classes.

>'Twas
Thou art a faggot moste foule

Thank christ

Istaria
You can play as a dragon in an online world
It's fucking dead
Still fun though

Battlefleet Gothic Armada

+Wide variety of viable tactics but just saying fuckit and ramming them works too
-One race campaign only

Dragon's Dogma
Basically everything about the game was fantastic for me.
I don't like how Warrior can never get under light equipload past level 11. I also don't like how I have no ranged attacks and have to rely on dumb pawn ai to knock down fliers.

Legacy Kaom's is about 250-270ex. Not gonna go up. That's really as expensive as legacies get. Aside from alt-art items, I think that legacy Kaom is actually the most expensive item in the game.

>group of generic bandits that feel like they're meant to be a skillgate
>they're actually just ridiculously overleveled and fans of the game tell you to just run past them

Particle Fleet: Emergence.

I love the dynamic territory control gameplay even since Creeper World (when it was a flash game). Ship design is a really nice touch.

The campaign is too easy. Default fleet setup is boring.

If you're talking about the ones outside Witchwood yeah I get where you're coming from, but I also like the feeling I get when I realize that oh shit, I really should not be in this place at my current level. Same thing happened when I went to the dlc at level 10 and managed to get to Barroch before I hauled ass outta there.
Can Death be killed with Maker's Finger, anyways?

Came here to post the same exact thing.

>I also like the feeling I get when I realize that oh shit, I really should not be in this place at my current level
Yeah that's the feeling I got, so I thought I'd continue the story and come back except surprise surprise, the quest permanently fails if you do that. Terrible design.

FFXIV
Some fun primals
Too grindy and tries to slow down the pace so fucking much it's annoying

Star Conflict was fun. it didnt cost me anything, graphics look great and i play it almost daily after work now.
Oh yeah and L4d2 + Hatsune Miku rhythm games are actually pretty neat too if you got 40 minutes to spare in a day

PATHOLOGIC:
>I like how the autumn leaves look more like skin flakes, I feel like im walking around a dying human being up at the microscopic level as this town is dying of plague
>I don't like the use of photographs for character portraits, I would have preferred cool stylized illustrations

destiny
>I like it right now because I just got two exotics from legendary engrams and got a bunch of dope Osiris gear
>but I'm usually furious with it because RNGesus sucks and the grind is insane

>Can Death be killed with Maker's Finger, anyways?
It deals 1 bar of damage to Death and against a variety of special bosses.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
It's a great game with a fresh aesthetic and fun
It's not very new-user friendly.

Monster Hunter Generations
Hunting arts and styles are stupid (in a positive way)
They nerfed the fuck out of Alatreon

>Didnt upgrade this gen
>Try the demo on PS4
>controller simply cannot into the speed of this game
I told myself I wouldnt upgrade this gen no matter what, but the new Doom seemed like it would be incredibly fun. I dont play shooters but this seemed like it would change my mind on the genre.

so fuck off to tumblr or reddit

Overwatch
>fun for a quick game
>extended sessions make me hate the entire community

The road to level 10 cyberlegs is paved with broken femurs.

Sorry, mean for

Destiny rise of iron
Combat feels decent and going through a new raid without any spoilers is magical.

I forgot the flaw. The story is nothing special and I wouldn't recommend the game to anyone who didn't already have friends playing it.

The Talos Principle: Road To Gehenna on PC
>It's fun and engaging, there's a decent amount of challenge, enough to keep me interested. It also runs and looks nice.
>I'm returning to play the DLC and I've forgotten some of the tricks I used to know. I was stuck on the most recent level I did for a couple of minutes because I forgot you could place boxes on top of enemies.

Before that I was playing the new Ratchet and Clank game on PS4.
>I love the gameplay, or what I've played so far
>Voice acting for the female roles are kinda shit and they've changed quite a few story elements for a remake.

I love the game but I suck at it too :(

>Board relevant OP that spawns conversation
vs
>hostile shitposting
Why don't you leave instead?

Meant for

What in the hell are you talking about? I wasn't being hostile, I listed what I liked and don't like about the game.

oh, my bad

My bad, quoted the wrong person.

>Haydee
>good puzzles
>shit camera

Fire Emblem 4
Azel a cute
The large map size makes the game harder than necessary.

Overwatch

>like the balance
>fucking hate the matchmaking

Saints Row 4
Seems like every mission is just a minigame and gets pretty grating. Good mindless fun otherwise.

That camera is 100% ass, man

>mfw dealing with Haydee camera

BF4

Things i like
#1 It's BF4

Things i dislike
#1 Other players

IMO, I felt all 3 games were so-so at best, but 2 was the only one I really want to replay. Suicide mission is one of the best twists I've ever seen. Otherwise, ME1 is garbage that is overhyped by lorefags, and ME2/3 are generic FPS games with waifu shit stuffed in (ME3 also had one of the worst endings in any piece of media ever).

Street Fighter V
>I could write a book about the things I like about SFV, but I'll just stick with "Crush Counter system is just as great in SF as in Virtua Fighter 5"
>I could write a book about the things I dislike about SFV, but I'll just stick with "Walkspeed is too slow, moves have shitty hitboxes"

Overall, it's the best SF game since Alpha, and is underrated as fuck. People hate it because it doesn't play like SF, but I'm ok with that, because it feels like Virtua Fighter 2 pretending to be a Street Fighter game.

>Total War Medieval 2
>Pretty good game
>I suck at RTSs

>TFW you cant spin a recliner..

>Battlefield 4
>Love the way tanks and LAVs handle in every aspect more than in any other battlefield game.
>Too many fire and forget rockets with automatic lock on to your vehicle like MBT LAW for infantry and STAFF for tanks.

What's there not to like, the influx of 5$ players made farming so easy in almost any server it's unreal.

> Crypt of the Necrodancer
> Pick your own soundtrack AND have it do things to the gameplay!
> That moment of "Oh Shi---" when you find the song does NOT work for that level.

I have like 800 hours on PS4 and like 300 on PC I'm so burnt out on this game its not even remotely funny yet I just can't get enough..

The LAW is barely even annoying, with its weak ass damage and no mobility killing potential, if someone comes at me with a LAW it's not ever a problem to kill them by the time they get their second rocket off, let alone their third

This, once you use counter measures its like 6 shots to kill with a law.

The issue isn't single LAW users, it's when you get swarmed by 4 of them at once.
Unlike RPGs/SMAWs you can't dodge them, which makes them very annoying to play against.

Dark Souls 3

Level design is amazing and it probably has some of the best level design I've ever seen in a videogame.

Combat is too focused on stunlocking due to the lack of functional poise, enemies having infinite stamina, enemy placement sucks sometimes with the game spamming tough enemies at you and some bosses have combos that lock you in the combo and doesn't give you the chance to dodge.

You should never even put yourself in the position to be swarmed by infantry in the first place, and as soon you hear that first target lock you need to be back pedaling and finding the target already, cmon bro

>AWs you can't do
I'f you run into 4 law users at the same time then you just have to accept it. If im running medic and I have to hide from every tank I see so be it but that's just the game.

I love to use the LAV on the motel map and sit by spawn while elevated shooting people at the roof.

>Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Gameplay was fun, the puzzles were neat (especially involving the spear or the bombs) and it was nice being rewarded for not taking damage along with combat in general being pretty entertaining. The weapons were fun to use even if the minigun was broken.

Puzzles were a lot of trial and error with the error being dying and starting over. The combat was rather easy, but also annoying in that the upgrades (especially the relics) made you stupidly powerful, but a lot of the enemies had dumb ways to barely clip you later on (not to mention big dudes in small spaces). Bosses were easy, the final boss especially got eaten by the minigun with an active power shot/scatter shot relic. Speaking of the boss, I couldn't tell you his name, let alone his purpose.

All in all, it was pretty alright. Solid 6/10.

Weaken enemy with your missile units
Flank niggas
Charge with your cavalry
Never charge into spears for obvious reasons

Overwatch
Fun to play with friends
Needs more content

DO NOT BUY UNITY ENGINE GAMES, THEY ARE ALL GARBAGE. NAME ONE, PASS IT ON.

Eve of Destruction - REDUX

I bought this piece of shit and got my refund. All i wanted to do is kill azns in rice fields and its nothing like this reviewing asshole claims.

Deus Ex.

Completed it for the first time, previously hadn't played it since around 2001.

I can't think of anything I disliked about it. It was as good as I remembered.

Yeah, I know how to drive vehicles thanks. But sometimes in certain maps it's impossible to avoid being surrounded and swarmed like that.
That's the 3 deaths I had on for example.

Like on Dawnbreaker sometimes if you push up to the enemie's gimmie to force an all cap you can get surprised by a group of engineers shooting LAWs at you very quickly and there isn't much you can do abotut those. I have no issue dodging RPGs.

Propaganda is another map that is prone to doing that, certain pushes up to C and E can get you killed if suddenly a lot of engineers spawn out of nowhere, even with smoke+double reps you can't outlive that sometimes.

I just noticed that with the sales there's a lot more people ruing LAW instead of RPG/SMAW and that annoyed me quite a bit because I'm very used to dodging RPGs and Tank shells all day, but not being able to dodge the tickle damage LAWs that stop my auto reps and force me to back off a lot from places I can't get a good shot on the engineers is very annoying.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

I really like the speed and movement. Like the first game really. Also the collectables are scattered in a way where you don't really have to stop your momentum to get them.

I hate how the game tries to lock you in rooms full of enemies to force you into combat. I didn't have to fight anyone in 1 apart from the other runner.

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online

Pros:
Free
Fast paced
Headshots instakill and reward aiming
Everyone is so bad I can get 5+KD every round

Cons:
Bad netcode
Very grindy after level 10
Most maps are annoying to play on

You see that's your problem, a vehicles job is fire support, not "try and tank the objective and get rocket spammed and rushed by c4 weilding recons and supports" support.

>6/10
ITS GARBAGE.

A 6/10 is like a 8,5/10 in the IGN scale.

>Bloodlines
Atmosphere is top tier
It's still a buggy mess no matter how many patches it gets.

Wuppo
The artstyle.
I cant think of anything, I guess I wish it was harder?

mount and blade
swords
graphics and optimization

I actually liked Battlefield 1 because people were using artillery as artillery more frequently than any other modern Battlefield game

The Godfather
I love the city control mechanics, conquering rival storages and palaces and corrupting shop owners
I don't know what's my least liked aspect of the game. I guess the cars are kinda lifeless, the models (there's like 5) are very simple looking and you can't even see people driving, but in some ways it adds to the atmosphere

It's a great mafia simulator if nothing else. Never played Mafia, but Mafia 2 is really barebones compared to Godfather, despite being more modern

Is the game unplayable if you're left-handed? I can barely hold a pencil right in my right hand

Not really, armor isn't supposed to just play arty role, if you want to win games you have to push up to objectives with your infantry.
A tank or LAV is supposed to rotate around the points to ensure cap on them.

Nevermind the fact that you get more kills if you stay back and shoot than if you push up to objectives, because when you do you're forced to stay a lot more mobile and dodge shots than you are shooting at others.

I rarely ever get C4d though because I play with a gunner that is always on the lookout and I use thermal optics.

In some maps like Zavod you have to get into the objective area to be able to do anything with your vehicle, however that doesn't mean you need to rush inside the buildings and die like a retard. It's just that if you really want to win games you need to move up to objectives and crush the enemy infantry.

I noticed a trend, the more passive I play the higher the K/D but the more likely I am to lose the match.

For example we won this round simply because I managed to keep massive amounts of pressure on the enemy infantry all game long, it was a constant riff raff and I died more than usual, but I still managed to put
crazy pressure on the enemy team and win. If I had stayed more passive I'd probably only died once, but I'd most certainly have lost the game.

I'll admit, I play much more rush than conquest so I'm probably super biased on the role a vehicle plays during a match. Mostly because you only get one heavy vehicle, so losing it is not an option, especially because sometimes you might not even get them after passing a certain phase of the map, and so you have to play the safe route, because if you lose the vehicle there goes all fire support for the whole team.

In conquest though I guess you're right, playing the riskier option to ensure capture might be smarter, because even losing the vehicle won't be that much of an impact because you have more than one rolling around.

Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl.

What I hate: Story mode and how it holds two classes hostage until completion.
What I love: Everything else.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future (specifically the arcade version)

Liked: Smooth animations, fantastic use of the IP to make it feel unique among other fighters, the Stand mechanic is a lot of fun

Disliked: The characters that were new for Heritage did not have any AI programmed for them, so you can only fight characters that were initially in JoJo's Venture in single player modes, and Petshop is a cunt

Gunvolt 2
It's good fun
The translation

Correct, I play Conquest and honed my skills playing with the best players the game has to offer and I learned that you have to take risks if you want to win.
Yes it's true that I may die sometimes but the amount of pressure a good tank driver can put on a single objective at any point is massive, having your tank roll into an objective is almost guaranteed cap unless either:
All your infantry dies.
An enemy vehicle forces you out of the point and to engage them.
A combination of the two makes you have to pull back from the point to rep and re-engage.

I don't play rush so I don't really know how that works. Rush also makes it easier to stay alive in general though because you're less likely to be shot from the sides/back if you're in a vehicle.
In conquest I've been surprised many times by a stray rocket on my back that disabled me and got me killed. Sometimes it makes me consider if I should switch off the autoloader for reactive armor, but the killing potential of HE+Canister or AP+Canister with autoloader is too good to give up.

Total War Shogun 2

Like: Just about everything that isn't ship combat; both the campaign map management and the field battles are great

Dislike: Ship combat; also, the fact that diplomacy becomes useless after realm divide, essentially just making it a way to get some extra money before shit gets real

Gitaroo Man PSP port
>It's pretty fun
>The voice acting is shit

Drawing the shapes with the stick is waaaaay better anyways so you could always do that.

You should try using the right analog stick to draw, rather than the pad. After a while, it will be faster and more reliable that way. A trick to get the shapes down is to think of them as fighting game inputs.

Elite Dangerous.

Was pretty as hell.

Was boring as hell.

>Not hearing russians shit talking
Ok now i know you are lying

Haydee

>Clearing a series of rooms is an amazing feeling, along with finding new items
>I end up taking an hour trying to clear one series of rooms only to find ammo and shit I don't really need or a dead end.

Forza Horizon 3

The driving feels good. Really, really good.

The map feels small.

Why are so many dark souls gay furries?
This can't just be a coincidence

WoW: Legion
I'm honestly feeling the immersion and magic that I haven't felt since early Wrath and before. And they did a better job keeping players busy, unlike in WOD.

Ok ok, relax dude, lmfao, don't get all high and mighty on me. But yea I prefer rush, simply because I like one general front line, not pockets of fighting all over the map, it's really fun having both teams just tear into each other at once. You should try it sometime, it's definitely got a different type of vehicle game play, but if you're playing on a rush server with big teams watch out, the rocket spam is fucking heavy

Same here man I bought a Python to grind credits faster but then went on vacation that same afternoon, when I came back from my vacation I realized how stupid it was to just buy a bigger ship to grind more and more, so I stopped playing.

Game is pretty and the sound is amazing but fuck me if it isn't boring and it forces you to do the shitty engineers crap to be able to fight and bounty hunt decently.

I'm not high and mighty, I admit I don't like rush because I suck dick at it and can never do well in it.

pokemon blue
you're going to be able to upload these pokemon from the vc game to the bank starting next year and I only have to catch the 3 legendary birds to complete my collection (over 700 fuckers now)
>I'm literally finally on a pokemon adventure with a goal again
Something shit about it... uh...
??? I dunno it kind of plays how it should.
Oh
>HMs fuck you

have you considered that you're addicted to the adrenaline or competition to some extent and are too stressed out / goal oriented to properly enjoy single player/more simple gaming experiences anymore?

Call of Duty MW3

+ A lot of fun class setups to play

- A bit unbalanced
- Lack of depth

Well it is a different play style, but I think you could definitely find some fun with it, especially if you like playing in vehicles since they're such a big force in rush

Rogue Galaxy

The combat system is baller, the visuals res-up really well in pcsx2 and there's a widescreen hack which is awesome. It uses a real time battle system which is unusual for a jrpg but it works really well and I hope FFVIIR strikes the same chord. It's legitimately better than every post-2008 ish jrpg I've played on almost every level which blows my mind.

Too much menu whoring though. Constantly fusing weapons, changing gear, filling in revelation flows and healing up between battles. I would have liked it if the battle system had a "tales of" -like shortcut system so you could bind moves to quickly use in fights instead of having to enter a menu and break up the pace of the real time fighting.

Not him but that is exactly my issue.
I can't even enjoy singleplayer games for more than 30 minutes anymore.

Devil Daggers
Great gameplay, art and sound design.
But it's just that one arena.

I actually really love Rorona as a character. She always tried so hard despite being horrible at everything, and always moved on from every retarded mistake with a goofy smile.

It was nice seeing how many characters in the series come to care about and look up to her as it went on.

Yeah, I tried rush a lot when I was bad at the game and hated it, but now that I'm actually good at it I should give it a second chance.
You convinced me user. Time for some battlefield.

funny, I went the opposite way

For the past 8 or so years I've focused solely on multiplayer games, mostly fps mmo and moba .

Last year I realized mmos are absolute shit compared to single player rpgs, got totally burnt out/fed up with mobas and now all I play are single player games, overwatch and a little bit of destiny.

It made me realize how much of my social life revolved around multiplayer games though. I only have one friend and he moved away earlier this year

Throwing in some other recent games, just because-

Rogue Galaxy

Like: Kisala is a QT, I guess; the sci-fi packaging isn't false advertisement

Dislike: Just about everything else. The characters are boring for the most part, the setting is generic sci-fi fare, the dungeons are filled with recycled rooms, battles basically give you a choice between eating up health potions or MP potions and aren't very fun, etc. I've just been getting reminded of why I dropped it the first time.

Tropico 4

Like: It's a fun, relaxing city management game for the first couple dozen hours

Dislike: Despite missions adding a bit of variety, you're basically just playing the same campaign again and again; after you've gone through it 10+ times, making the same buildings in roughly the same order using the same process so that you have so much money that nothing that the game can throw at you poses any kind of challenge gets old

Hell yea man, have fun. Peace out

>Deadbolt
>Good 2D stealth
>Non-stealth combat is shit, despite there being a system for it

>eating up health or MP potions

Git gud my man. Your AI party members will get domed if you leave them be. Use the party commands to tell them to back off or fight seperately against certain enemies, and if that doesn't work you can use a move like desert wind or wild thing to knock enemies down when they telegraph a big move. If you're using enough abilities to require MP potions you're also doing it wrong.

Dungeon fighter online

i love the amazing 2d brawler gameplay and class design as well as art direction

i hate the character progression. Leveling up is mostly trivialized and you have to waste money farming shitty hell mode and getting literally nothing unless your luck is god tier. Literally maple story tier gachpond except you have to do a dungeon each time

>Overwatch
>great fun, replaced Dota 2 for me with being my "go-to" competitive game
>the community is absolute reddit baby tier trash

>"lol its just a video game why u so mad" some three stack of gooks after picking reinhardt, bastion and mercy on Hanamura defense
>on diamond

U-um, uh...
PlayStation All-Stars
I think being able to customize intros, outros, taunts, and victory music was super neato
Santa Monica nerfing Isaac because??? There was no reason to do so except maybe his infinite Plasma Cutter loop. Now he's Bottom Of the Barrel tier because has NO ap bursts that are practical. While Press Square To Win characters didn't get a single nerf
>mfe admitting all this

New Hitman is fun.
Levels are impressively detailed, graphics look good, it actually feels like a pretty solid game especially after the disaster that was Absolution. There are a lot of ways to kill your targets and the dusguise system is actually working as it supposed to.

Cons: always online

Skyrim, with a shitload of mods. Love wandering around, exploring and admiring the view. Also sniping giant spiders with fireballs.

Metal Gear Solid 2
What I liked:
The first part is phenomenal, on of the best espionage stealth actino games with fun mechanics out there.

What I disliked:
Everything went batshit after an arm possessed oldcelot and raiden as a whole. Couldn't force me to keep playing and will be probably replaying mgs3 instead and peacewalker after that.

I too thought the customization was neato.

The roster was JUST tier though and padded with literally who's. I was surprised and excite that parappa got in though. It actually made me realize that playstation doesn't have very many memorable/iconic characters. I mean I would definitely add the obvious like crash, spyro, cortex, megaman. Beyond that maybe wander, a persona character, fucking tomba? I feel like 80% of people can recognize say pikachu and mario and playstation really doesn't have that going on at all, which made the concept of this game kind of weird to me.

Overwatch.
Fun competitive shooter.
Being trash and on my team isn't a banable offense.

World of Warcraft

I just started like a month ago so I like how much there is to do, but on the other hand it sucks because I am clueless about so much stuff in it

>Dragon Age Origins
+It's probably the last proper RPG made.

-There's not really much I don't like about it, I suppose the party camp could have some sort of storage chest for your stuff. Also you recruit Loghain far too late in the game for him to be of any use.

>Dark Souls III
>probably the only game since DaS that has gotten actual reactions out of me
>co-op makes the game laughably easy

Destiny
>good shoots
>bad grinds

I got NSMBU + NSLU because it was

t. nu-male

Snake was gonna be in it, but they couldn't get hayter.

That's all. Well that and Revengeamce was on the horizon.
>literally who's
I dunno, Kratos, Jak, Gole and E.Coli, Spike, Sweet Tooth, Sir Dan, Toro, Drake, Sly, Parappa, Ratchet and Heihachi are iconic PlayStation figures.

Emmet Graves, Kat, Isaac, fucking ZEUS, Big Daddy, Donte, and nariko and fat fuckin princess are out of the question. Sackboy too I guess?

Brawlhalla
I like how clean and clear everything is
The dodge mechanic is bullshit

>Factorio
>Fucking amazing orgasm tier factory making, beautiful and elegant, meditative and mind melding
>Im playing with no mods because i want achievements, but with no long reach, larger inventory, upgrade planner, or complexity increasing mods like angel's and bob's. So my life is pain.

Battlerite
>nice short arena pvp matches
>I suck at it and I have ladder anxiety

God Eater 2 RB
+ Gameplay is fun, characters are fun too and smashing giant beasts in the face with a giant hammer is the best.
- No predator styles, it's understandable but still annoying.

Witcher 3
>nearly everything
>ciri and her entire storyline is a bit butchered

Ace Attorney 2

>currently doing case 3 and it's alright

>don't like circus environment in general

Dead space
the last boss and the map

>What is sportsmanship

The Binding of Isaac
Very Fun
Bad Code,Dev is a fag,RNG,Rag man

Path of exile.
I finally made a character that feels strong and seems to be lategame viable.
2 of the 4 bosses that guard the bigbad are immune to my characters enabling gimmick.

Severance: blade of darkness
Love the combat overall and you dismember an enemy when you kill them 9 times out of 10
Sometimes the tracking when locked on is absolutely garbage and it's annoying coming to a complete halt midair over an instant death pit because I jumped a foot too early

Damn i love that game. Too bad that playing anything but knight feels like playing an unfinished product.

>SFV
>Cammy is fun, combos are easier, so I can better focus on my playstyle as a whole.
>I don't like how stupid strong grabs are. I wish they'd widen the tech window or something.

>last game played
Yo-kai watch 2: flesh

>something you liked
lots of upgrades from the last one
single player autismo fest
and cute shota monsters

>something you didn't like
catalyst to yo-kai watch 3, which managed to be worse than the first boring game.

Earth Defense Force
It's a pretty simple game; killing bugs and giant robots with friends while leveling an entire city block.
The English dub is pretty terrible.

I'm with this guy. I usually end up finding their psn and messaging them

Still waiting for someone to just flat out rip off the combat. Its so satisfying, imagine if something like Assassins Creed had that combat, a historical game with grafix and that combat would be really nice. I say historical instead of fantasy because fighting anything that wasnt humanoid in this was lame

Halo CE
Custom servers are alot of fun and reminds me of classic shooters
Shields are a fucking terrible mechanic

Rabi-Ribi

Playing through it normally is pretty damn fun

Going for 0% items etc. is annoying

>Dark souls 2
>the pvp is fun when people aren't spamming R1 with longswords
>the game looks like ass

RE6
killing chinks and sliding
not being able to buy and upgrade shit just those shitty *****skill**** points

Fruit Ninja VR
extremely fun, feels pretty good cutting through all that shit like a ninja, pretty exhausting too
gets boring pretty quickly (literally every VR game released to this day)

Overwatch. I don't like all the hackers and retards and how Blizzard just doesn't give a fuck. I like that it burns time pretty fast and easy getting me ever closer to the sweet release of death.

OVERWATCH
I CAN PLAY IT WITH MY NORMIE FRIENDS AND MY SISTER
IT'S NOT FUCKING TITAN

Xenoverse
it good
it could be better

EOU2
most balanced EO i've played yet
DLC is cheap easy mode but i can't stop cheesing

CK2

I like roleplaying and caring for my rulers and their families personally

I dislike that there probably isn't really that much to do. Yeah imagination is the limit in a way but pretty much the only mechanic to be playing towards is blobbing more and more land, and wars are kind of slow since no siege weapons and kind of awkward since the armies are so small. Basically you try to get the AI to attack your whole army with his whole army across a river into a fortified mountain position, and then once you've won you siege shit for 3-4 years and then badabing badaboom you've played the whole game

MM8BDM

Good class variety in the mod I was playing.

Awful balance to the point I was just holding M2 not even aiming and I top scored as Wily every game.

WoW Legion

Good:
Did a mythic 2+ with 850+ geared people and managed to get 3 chests at the end with warforged gear. Felt really nice to pull that off with randoms I didn't even know. Also got a 850 titanforged chest from LFR.

Bad:
World quests are becoming incredibly stale and boring.

Best TPS gameplay to exist. Shame the action stops every 20 seconds.
Every Splinter Cell game seriously needs Ironside as Fisher and Amon Tobin doing the entire soundtrack. Blacklist had a garbage story, and Fisher became younger while Grim grew a bigger ass. Gameplay was only slightly better than Conviction but man did the story take a dump.

Battlefield 2142
+The slower and more deliberate pace
-ADS is a toggle and fucks with my muscle memory

>Warframe
>Love the pacing of everything, never have to spend a dime to get anything in the game
>Hate the lack of variety on enemies

t. 12 year old cancer with a copy of a fighting game

Dead rising 3
>The psychos are pretty cool and I enjoy the car mix up things
>Basically removed time limits, its only for sidequests things and they take ages to count down, also removed escorting and instead gave you bodyguards that you can just summon whenever you want.

I've heard a lot about rubberbanding but I've never really seen it, I've finished some of the story missions in the mountain area with a 40 second lead because the AI cannot into icy roads.

Fuck the retarded car prices though. Why does an RX7 cost 25 times more than a Skyline?

Divinity OS.
Good- bro op.
Bad- fairly uninteresting story.

Previous game was Exanima.
Good- physics combat mostly, but pretty much everything actually.
Bad- no mp yet.

>Betrayal at Krondor (still playing)
>The way Health+stamina works and the camping system
>At different points of the story, members of your party will be replaced by others. I prefer RPGs where your entire party sticks with you from beginning to end.

is there anywhere i can buy this from? looks fun but apparently it was removed from ever yshop for some reason

some user said Divinity OS was the best roleplaying experience available right now. I don't really know much about the game. was that user right, and what's the game like?

Bloodborne

I love the aesthetics, but I find the constant enemy mobs (and even bosses based around enemy mobs) really fucking tedious.

>inb4 git gud
I didn't say hard, I said tedious, I.e. annoying as fuck.

That, rune and die by the sword are some of my all time favourite games.
Good taste user.

Etrian Odyssey IV
>it's fun
>the encounter rate is bullshit

>Soul Calibur V
>Amazing character creator
>mega attacks(triggers?) are a bitch to set off on a controller.

That is a fucking gorgeous picture. Makes me wanna go outside and see nature.

>Ace attorney spirit of justice
>it lives up to it's name

Final Boss: Raw Label
>it's fucking perfect
>no stage 4 for another year or two

MH4u, it's pretty solid gameplay with a nice difficulty curve, the town's only purpose is to provide quests. I'd like some interactivity in town that had nothing to do with items, dosh, or hunts.

>Cube world
>Controls & handling are both very good.
>There's absolutely nothing to do except for grinding to grind faster

Hyper Light Drifter
It's one of the few indie Kickstarter games that was able to live up to the hype. It was very atmospheric, very fun to play. I liked the exploration aspect and the art style.

I didn't like that a sizable part of the exploration was randomly running into a wall that was actually a doorway without any indication at all. Travelling was cumbersome because of the few warp areas.
That soccer nigger south of the town can go die.

>Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
>absolutely fucking love the story, characters and crazy ass hijinx that take place during the game.
>battle gameplay and being topdown kill any motovation to replay it due to now being spoiled by the two 3DS installments' gameplay and visuals

battlefield 2142
nostalgia and cool setting
the spam game ridiculous

same for bf2

Turn based combat,
Nice graphics
Lots of fiddly shit to do
Plenty of opportunities for hilarity in quest choices and convoy
Combat can be fairly ruthless and trial/error-y
I'd recommend it if you ever played the old ultima games or if you want a chill as fuck RPG.
Don't expect a mind blowing plot but there are some great sidequests and stuff.
Also you really should play either couch co-op or lan/online with a buddy, the two main characters thing is glorious.

a game of Dota 2

I felt like I made some good decisions

it didn't help even a little

alright, sounds fun. I got a friend who might be into it, I'll check it out. thanks user!

Convos not convoy.

Final Fantasy X
>The clever battle system and use of Agility as a stat
>The lack of character/class identity via the Sphere Grid

Hope you enjoy it!
Sequel is out soon and you can play as a skellington in it!
Have fun!
Ps. Pick the perk that let's you speak to animals - it is amazing.

But it has character classes, unless you grind to hell and back.
Really, the only FFs that had more rigid class systems were FF1 and FF4.

Virginia

It started off good. Then towards the end it went pure mental.

Assetto Corsa
Cool cars to drive with realistic physics
DLC out the ass

And see that's where the issues lie. Yes, it does have class identity, but when you want to do the endgame content: you have to skip over ability nodes to keep the identity. Not saying that is a bad thing because I love the Sphere Grid, but I think it would have been cool if each grid was separate from another.

That's true. It was kind of neat, but FF4's class system was a bit bare-bones. Some were better than others and that's somewhat understandable.

>Planescape: Torment
>I'm interested in the stories, I like talking to all the (very) different NPCs and I feel smart whenever I complete a quest by remembering some dude I met three hours ago
>I know I'm going to have to plumb through a dungeon again sooner or later and the combat is pure trash

AC Syndicate
In fact I'm playing it right now
+The bigger assassination missions are kind of cool
Detective dlc is REALLY cool
WW1 is cool but real short
Almost no modern day bullshit
-It's still Asscreed
Hidden blade reduced to only assassination weapon
Real fucking buggy, especially dlc
Clearly most of the effort went into the main game, which isn't a bad thing, but the dlc "cutscenes" are PS2-tier
Loads for fucking ages on PS4, fast travel is sometimes the slower option

Also I'm going to cheat and put in the last game I played before the last one

MH4U
+It's Monster Hunter
It's a really good Monster Hunter with no swimming bullshit
+/- Seems like most people transferred to Generations
N3DS C-stick is good for Monster Hunter camera but for other games it's probably a shit replacement for a right stick
-It's still stuck on 3DS
It'll always be stuck on a handheld platform because Japan
NX may or may not help depending on what it actually is and if Nintendo keep the deal going

Rock and roll racing (genesis).
>It's rock and roll racing
>Not even close to using the YM2612 potential, losing to the freaking snes on the best thing 2612 generally have an advantage of, that is guitarlike sounds

SMT4A

Liked: Muh Flynn
Disliked: Demon recruiting as usual

And before someone asks, no, I don't know why I keep playing smt

Dead by daylight

+ the idea and gameplay along with the progression

- no variety, forced use the same strategies/builds to be able to do well, playing in a way that isn't advised by the devs and community will get you killed ( literally ingame and also as a person )

I decided to reduce gaming and browsing Cred Forums while picking up more anime&manga series.
Now my overall happiness levels are much improved, its great.

>cynical
fuck off with this shitty buzzword reddit nigger. it's not Cred Forums's fault your taste in games are shit

Deus Ex
>The characters, story and world building are still some of the best within the industry
>The non-lethal weapons are generally trash, and the tranq darts are fucking worthless unless you don't care about stealth that much. I had more fun with lethal runs.

>Silent Hill 3
>Heather Mason
>No sweaterless Heather option like they showed in an official render.

Destiny
+Aesthetically really pretty, good armour design especially
+lore is interesting and well-written in parts
+gunplay is satisfying with unique mechanics, does borderland's random gun generation in a much more effective manner
+really fun with friends, especially the raids

-the grind is awful, better than it used to be but still boring as fuck
-after a few repeats, any of the content becomes a lot less fun especially with a lack of guaranteed progression
-pvp was and is unbalanced, there's always something more bullshit than everything else
-lore isn't actually in the fucking game, have to access it through a smarphone app (absolutely disgraceful considering metroid prime showed you could do a datalog system and have it ingame)
-in terms of story newest expansion is an overall letdown compared to the last one, though considering taken king's scope that's almost to be expected

All in all I love this game but I've got no illusions about its flaws.

Terraria
>Endgame and hardmode challenging but fun, lots of shit to make and explore now with the recent update
>Starting over again is a chore, ore RNG sucks and lmao two ores for every tier

Tree of Savior

Liked: Art design is good, music is fucking great. Gameplay is pretty fun and there are a lot of classes that don't get in RPGs often.

Dislike: Company that runs it is retarded, game is unoptimized to fuck.

MH4U
+ Good sense of challenge, ridiculous lasting value trying to get proficient with multiple weapons and obtaining good gear, rewarding feeling from finishing a tough fight
- Unnecessarily tedious grinding, even more so when getting top-tier relics purely through RNG (so I've heard, only HR 7 right now)

Max Payne 2

Liked the general premise

Didn't like the controls or save system, but those are because I'mnot used to PC controls

xcom

have to think things through, rewarding when it works out

was doing a mission and was going well, then extra aliens dropped in and killed the VIP and me after like half an hour of doing the mission

What does RoI even add?

>Game
State of Anarchy

>Liked
Artstyle, music

>Disliked
The game feels like something I would play on newgrounds back in the day. The game is good, but it's way too short and lackluster to actually be classified as an indie game. They're asking for 99 cents for a game that would be free a couple years ago.

to be fair though i did get it for 3 cents

Resident Evil 4
Still feels great to play after all these years
The Island sucks ass, even with Regenerators

This.
>"excuse me... Sir?"

youtu.be/33DzFr3NwnI

Apart from the usual set of new gear, there's a couple of story missions, new exotic quests, a new Court of Oryx-style arena, a new crucible mode, the raid and a "progress book" filled with loot rewards to keep you interested.

>Game
Phantasy Star Online 2

>Liked
Pretty fun combat and great music

>Disliked
I wish the areas were a little more expansive, but they're not terrible.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Walking around and exploring tons of shit out in the wilderness is fun
The combat is not fun

Forza Horizon 3
liked
>I can fulfill my fantasy of being Takumi because it has a Sprinter Trueno
didn't like
>every single fucking extreme offroad is won by a warthog I mean come on this shit is ridiculous

Pretty sure it was Skyrim and I'm only having fun with it now because I know the console commands for running very fast and jumping very high.

Path of Exile
Amazing character building
Long ass labyrinth which you have to start over if you die because of a 5 second freeze lag.

>bioshock remastered
>atmosphere and gameplay
>forced mouse acceleration, looks worse than the original in some parts

>Rome Total War

>responsive gameplay and decent design/great soundtrack.
>AI is retarded and cavalry is a little OP

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
Sailing is nice when I'm in the mood for it. Shanties sound great. When the combat system behaves you feel incredibly powerful.

The free running system constantly gets me stuck on bits of terrain (small rocks, chests, etc.) And won't let me jump off of them, or generally not letting me move in a direction, despite there clearly being something for me to move to ( being just below the ledge, can't reach up several inches to grab the ledge and pull myself up onto the roof of the building I'm clearly supposed to be on top of)
When the combat system doesn't behave it's a frustrating exercise in pressing the right buttons, only to have the game not register your input.
Not enough stealth in what's supposed to be a Stealth game.
Fuck crocodiles, sharks, and eels.

Pit People Beta.

Sofia is cute! CUTE!

UI is annoying to navigate.

New Vegas.
It's incredibly fun. Especially modded.
It's ugly as fuck.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance:
+ The soundtrack gets you hype as fuck for the fights
- Some of the boss fights (le fucking invincible man) are way too easy and short

Started Need for Speed Most Wanted last night
Love that game
Got to blacklist 10
Using Vic's Supra
Think I'm going to go for the Viper for endgame

dota 1v1 mid vs a friend

liked about it: it's really intense t.bh. first time I did it. also I won.

disliked about it: playing WR and thinking I have a chance at a kill with shackle -> powershot -> ult only to remember that he maxed static link and I'm doing negative damage