How do you make this game less boring

How do you make this game less boring

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qRsqAmuxjNk
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/sLxyG2lgWpIXQC3n-2SUqQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

play as the uninstall wizard

man, im with you. i never got the hype for this game. i dont think the open world gameplay meshed well with the linear storytelling and i really didnt enjoy the features that were hyped like 'as you clear out monsters, slowly people move in' when in reality it's like a fucking saints row 4 beacon where you kill some aliens and your homies move in after a short cutscene, it's literally that, and yet that feature was hyped to hell and back in the leadup to the game's release

You get good taste in games.

You don't, just enjoy the pretty pictures and deal with it. Honestly my biggest complain is the story, like does anyone think it's actually good? Are the writers self-aware?

try playing it?

you get a brain

Who fucking cares, we're all gonna die anyways

You install the mod that turns it into Skyrim

Should've never fell for the "content makes up for shitty gameplay" meme. Your loss buddy.

this is a pretty fair way of summing up witcher's problems in my opinion, lots of content, but none of that content is really cohesive or makes up for the ultimately very unfun gameplay

from what

If the story and setting isn't gripping you I don't know what to tell you. Most of the enemy fights aren't very well done compared to previous games. Hearts of Stone had some good fights. Only getting to Blood and Wine now.

I like the story. I think some arcs like the Bloody Baron are top notch while others like Novigrad are super boring, but generally I think it's a really well done story. If "monster killing ubermensch in fantasy Medieval Poland" isn't your thing then it's definitely not your kind of game.

altefour

I only played the original game without the DLC and I don't think the writing was anything special.

Except a few very good storylines, Any generic fantasy RPG could come up with this.

Also the quality of the story kept falling and falling. The game completely fell apart after Kaer Morhen.Then it got worse

>New Vegas 2010
>Skyrim 2011
holy fuck there was only a year in between? Jesus Christ that must have been the longest year of my life
I played New Vegas to death before Skyrim was even announced

>b-but muh user reviews!

Witcher eternally BTFO

Witcher 3 was definately a good game with lots of content, and you can see all of that was handcrafted quests and locations, no randomly generated stuff.

However I have to agree after playing Witcher 2 it seems the took out everything that made the series stand out and threw it away to make a more generic AAA storyline.

Not saying your wrong, just letting you know someone out there enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the elven prophecy shit, but I liked the world, the characters, the locations, the flavor. I think if they reeled in the scope a bit it would've been much better. They should've cut about half of it and focused that effort into the other half. It's true that any generic fantasy RPG could have done a lot of what they did, but I just haven't seen such a cohesive vision for a world come to life. And the setting was just beautiful. Kaer Morhen especially. The way they expanded it, made it prettier, but still kept the overall layout from the first game was an awesome touch.

Even if they got a 100 they would have only beaten Skyrim by 4 points. Maybe Skyrim really was an amazing game.

If the writers in charge of the story and the gameplay designers in charge of filling the world with monsters and loot , were as good as the world designers and enviroment aritsts this would be 10/10

However all I see when I replay this game is a depressing missed opportunity. The dev team in charge of the world did amazing work but the other developers failed to pull their weight

Witcher would be amazing with a shit 100 ton of mods

I got the DRM free version

You fell for the pole shilling memes

Except the developers never released the mod tools they promised to release.

Yet somehow Bethesda is the bad guy here, and CDPR are the good guys

The bloody baron was cool, the rest of them, especially the main storyline, was not that great.

I guess I just don't see it as a "depressing missed opportunity". The game turned out really, really good. I wish they'd done some things differently, but do I regret playing it? Hell no. Waste of time? Yes, but that's how I feel after playing any video game.

Bethesda can't make a high quality game to save their life.

Their entire business model is to make subpar games and let the community fix it.

The lead writers of Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 weren't working on this game.

Instead the lead writer of Witcher 3 was credited as

>Additional Dialogue

In Witcher 1

and

>Gameplay design

In Witcher 2.

use the first person mode mod

Oh shut the fuck up.

Skyrim sold the vast majority of it's copies on console, where there were no mods. Bethesda didn't really have to release modding tools on PC where only a small minority of the playerbase would enjoy them. But they took the effort and they did resulting in the biggest moding community in any game ever.

CDPR lied they would do it but didn't. Resulting in a game that's ripe for moding with barely any mods at all

The Witcher 1 was good but 2 plays like shit on my PC & I can't really finish a playthrough. Thinking about just skipping to 3 to play on PS4. Is this a bad idea?

Dang, Witcher 2 is a really good game. Definitely worth playing trough to end.

I guess you could skip to 3, then come back for W2 in the future when you have better hardware.

Hmmm... well I can just get a RX 480 as an early xmas present to myself

Yeah I'm glad they released mod tools, and it's nice to be able to customise your game as you like it, very few games let you do that.

But the more and more I look through the Nexus, the more and more I release how bad Skyrim actually is, how much of it needs fixing.

A game shouldn't be graded on it's mods. it should be graded on it's vanilla release (including patches). Skyrim is a horrible game. The reason it sold so well on consoles is because it was casual as fuck, and it was bay's first cRPG . I can't think of a single aspect of Skyrim that excels.

Like you said, Witcher 3 is ripe for modding, and CDPR haven't done anything with it. It such a shame. I remember they releases tools for Witcher 2, which nothing really came from it. Maybe they give us tools later on, who knows?

Not that guy but I'm not sure Witcher 2 is worth buying a graphic card for ,especially if you're only buying it for that.

The game is really short, maybe 25 hours if you do everything, however due to the branching path , chapter 2 and 3 are different depending if you go with Roche or Iorveth so it's 50 hours for all the content

Witcher 2 is a fantastic game, the best of the series.
2 > 3 > 1 in my opinion.
The story is miles above W3. Some people don't like the combat, but I found it fun. I've finished it like 6 times now, and each playthrough was enjoyable.
Definitely give it a play through, I bought a second graphics card to play it on ultra, and it was worth it. I supersampled and everything, the game is very pretty.

1>2>3 , that's my personal opinion

I agree that the writing in TW2 is by far the best.

TW1 was also well written, but they retreated the books a bit too much, even though the original characters were all pretty great.

However Witcher 1 had this uniqe atmospehere and soundtrack that I don't think CDPR will be able to recreate or top it ever. That's why is my favorite.

Witcher 3 has the most content, and the open world is really big and detailed, but It's my least favorite because the writing quality dropped so hard and that ending was really unworthy of the books or the previous games

you can't

play an actually good game

1 is an awesome, honestly I think 3 and 1 are equal to me, it's just that I haven't played 1 in so long. I have played it 3 or 4 times though, and I loved playing it every time.

The main thing about 1 was the combat for me (surprise surprise). I didn't hate it, but I didn't find it very engaging. The RPG aspects though were ahead of 2 and 3, and it balanced the gameplay out.

The soundtrack and atmosphere in each of the games were incredible; I couldn't put a ranking on it honestly.

Like you said though, 3's writing took a nosedive. Whether that drops it below 1, i think I need to playthrough again to find out.

Remember years ago in TW2 threads where people were linking MrBtongue videos about how mature and unorthodox in video games Witcher series was?

youtube.com/watch?v=qRsqAmuxjNk

Remember when TW3 threw all of that out the window to be as generic as possible

So who was the actual evil in the village of Witcher 1, the Witch or the villagers.
I saved the Witch

>How do you make this game less boring
put a loaded gun next to you as you play. you die in the game, shoot yourself

>great atmosphere
>shit-tons of well written books in game
>combat was bad but didn't get in the way
>OP as fuck Alchemy, but it encourages experimentation and exploration
>enchanting was okay I guess, but the recharge system was shit
>interesting locations to explore
>shit dungeons
>magic was clunky but fun
>being able to roleplay
>multiple playstyles and builds, allowing for replayability

Skyrim wasn't perfect, but it's a fun experience. Some aspects are complete shit, but sans the bugs the bad parts rarely got in the way of fun.

The Witcher 3 came out 4 years afterwards, and is one of the few games that I've refunded. Terrible controls, the combat tries too hard to be like Dark Souls except it forgets to imitate the fun and fluidity that DS has, Geralt is a boring grumbly voiced Mary Sue, quests are glorified fetchquests, the writing sucked, etcetera.

Skyrim is guilty of bad writing and fetch quests too, but the base game provides a fun experience. The fact that TW3 - which had the advantage of new hardware and a shiny modern game engine - came out 4 years after Skyrim was released and managed to miss the mark completely amazes me.

>you lived long enough to see Cred Forums turn around and start praising Skyrim
>over fucking The Witcher 3 of all things too

She deserves to be lynched for other shit you find out about later.

She wasn't to blame for the Beast though.

I saved her, learned what she was, and regretted it later. She does seem to have changed if you meet her Lakeside later.

Skyrim is not a bad game

Witcher 3 is not a bad game

Yes Skyrim does certain things better

Turn 21 then try again

Skyrim did have lots of lore behind it, the only interesting location was Blackreach, and the multiple builds is fun, even though the skills system was rubbish.

You claim Witcher 3 had terrible combat, but it was a hell of a lot better than the floaty shit that Skyrim had.

Not to mention it looked like crap, even for a game of 2011, thanks to the engine, and the guild quests were all written poorly.

I disagree with you, but I suppose it's just a matter of taste.

Cred Forums is a contrarian shitshow
Just like the news in 1984, it's gonna change it's tune every time just because

skyrim does nothing better. W3 is superior in every possible way

And man, this game is easily in my top 3. Everything about this game is fun for me. Yes the human combat was a little repetitive but every fighting game is like that. The monsters were fun to prep for and fight, the story was interesting as shit and the dialogue was good, and there are so many side missions that I never found myself playing as a chore.

Pro tip, heart of stone is one of the best dlc's to ever exist. Blood and wine is more of fan service but still very fun and opens a whole new area to explore.

Do you mean because she is actually part of the Coram Agh Tera?

The quality of the game depends on two things. Your PC and your IQ. This game is really demanding for your technical and your human processor and is therefore not for anyone.

Just play COD and make PEW PEW PEW.

Just get an Xbox

Don't do the copypasted sidequests all at once.
That's the receipt for boredom.
Play the main storyline for a while, then do some side quests, punch people to advance your boxing quest, play some gwent.
Repeat till finish.

>if you don't like filler bullshit that covers the map you're too stupid or you own toaster
Cred Forumstards everyone

>skyrim does nothing better. W3 is superior in every possible way

Skyrim was fun it got people wasting hundreds of hours exploring dungeons and finding interestin loot. In TW3 all dungeons sucked, the high unbeatable random level enemies everywhere ruined the exploration, and if you do nohting but explore the world without doing the quests it makes you want to blow your brains out

No, Skyrim devs have way more experience in making an open world and it shows

Witcher 3 open world design was more to my taste than Skyrim, but bethesda did a better job of making the open world more fun to explore

The writers stated that they weren't satisfied with the way the Hunt characters turned out. Other than that they were mostly okay with it.

I agree with them.

>Skyrim
>interestin loot

The world in skyrim is dead, in the witcher you have a vibrant world and at least had some emotional connection with some characters and the story, unlike the generic skyrim shit (city in skyrim = 5 houses 10 people wtf)

>exploring dungeons and finding interesting loot
All the dungeons were copypaste with draugur and some fucking claw that unlocked a damn easy ass puzzle.

As for the high level enemies, you run away if you aren't strong enough.

I might be able to accept that skyrim has a more fun world to explore but only for the first few hours. W3 has fucking hotspots all over the place, with treasure, monster nests and gang hideouts. It definitely stays interesting longer in W3.

>M-muh baron
It's literally every daytime-tv wife-beater drama with poorly fitting witcher nonsense. Like how fucking contrived is that gibberkin bullshit?
>Conveniently we have an aborted fetus
>That conveniently was burried in a way that makes it a monster
>Which we can conveniently purify into a guardian spirit
>Which conveniently helps us find the people we're looking for
>Oh but somehow it only goes part of the way for... reasons...

People got the DRM free version of Witcher on either disc or GOG. I got the disc. I also got Skyrim on disc but that was just added to my steam library.

>dungeons
Have you ever played a real RPG? I would never go as far to call anything in Skyrim a dungeon, apart from the literal prison dungeons.

>Waaaah Cred Forums is contrarian
>How dare you use arguments to prove a shit game is shit, y-you're just contrarians!
Every fucking time.

Yea, if your IQ is anywhere above 100 you'll notice how this game is written for toddlers, the gameplay is barebones repetitive garbage and nothing in the game will challenge you in any capacity but patience.

>fun to explore

Just because you found fun getting distracted every 5 minutes by a dragon doesn't mean the world was anything special.

Funny how you can say the same shit about Witcher 3 and all the random ass monster camps that are ultimately completely worthless wastes of time.

Yup.

She wasn't expanded too much to actually see her being part of them, which is weird, maybe to follow the theme of no matter what you do there is no good or bad just lesser evil.

Do any of you cucks actually enjoy video games?

>the high unbeatable random level enemies everywhere ruined the exploration,

The fuck? If you combined git gud and alchemy, there wasn't much you couldn't beat even up to 15 levels behind.

Just use a controller, Jesus Christ. The mouse and keyboard controls were atrocious I'll admit but it clearly wasn't designed for that.

Yes, every single day, stop with the random ass bullshit excuses, Witcher 3 is garbage by any comparative metric, the story is Twilight tier rubbish, the gameplay is terribly dated and just all-round awful, the missions are repetitive shlock and nearly every activity in the game is completely worthless. Worst of all the game fails to provide any semblance of challenge even on the highest difficulty, neither intellectually, logistically, reactively or otherwise, it's just fucking garbage.

Fuck off, the game is literally coded so that you do one damage per hit on enemies more than 5 levels above you, you could cheese some of them because setting shit on fire was broken, but as soon as the enemy is immune to that shit you just couldn't damage them at all.

let me guess, you took one look at the Velen map and pissed yourself.

because fighting damage sponges is the definiton of fun

no, it definitely isnt.

Tell me user, what activities on the Velen map are actually worthwhile? What percentage of the map are those activities? Protip: Nothing is worth doing except gathering the Witcher gear, the drops and loot from everything else and even the alchemy shit you can get is totally worthless

She's a Priestess so she would've been doing the human sacrifice and ritualistic cannibalism.

It's actually one of the things I like about the franchise, if you wander around and pay attention to the lore that's in books or conversation you get a lot more out of it.

Skyrim's books are interesting but they just don't connect as well with me when I play. Stuff like the Thalmor wanting to end the world so they can go back to being primordial spirits and shit should have been front and centre in the plot rather than something you could piece together by reading a bunch of books and knowing obscure lore from other games. I think the Witcher stuff was just better integrated.

Says who? you? many people seemed to enjoy it.

Answer the question then if you think otherwise faggot, 'people think otherwise' is an argument only mentally deficient retards would think to use.

No it's not.

You're meant to use your Signs and Alchemy, especially on higher difficulties. If you're too retarded to do that then you're going to be in for a real rough time.

Besides, Skyrim is one of the worst offenders going for bullshit scaled damage sponges.

>No, it's not
Yea, it really is, but you've clearly never bothered to explore and fight much higher level enemies. No, decoctions, oils, bombs and potions don't make a difference. The only thing that works is shit like fire damage because that's level independent damage.

>S-skyrim did it too!
Okay? How does this make it any fucking better? Actually back the fuck up, how fucking old are you to still even be making statements like this user? I was taught before the age of twelve that this kind of bullshit is retarded, how the fuck have you not learned this?

sorry if you're so miserable you couldn't enjoy a single activity on the map, but nobody else seemed to share that opinion.

No. We are all getting older, losing everyone we care about, and succumbing to the inevitable creeping death of depression. Our lives are joyless.

Stop projecting and answer the fucking question user.

>Witcherfags
>Ever having actual arguments
Why do I even bother? All you'll do is try some other random evasive bullshit because when it comes down to it, witcherfags have no arguments with which to defend their game.

>Yea, it really is, but you've clearly never bothered to explore and fight much higher level enemies.

Bitch, I took out a Leshen on Death March that had 15 levels on me, without Igni. Literally all you have to do is learn to dodge, position, and use Quen/Yrden properly.

If you can do DMC on Dante Must Die you can sleepwalk through overlevelled enemies.

>How does this make it any fucking better?

Skyrim is an actual example of what you're whining about. Witcher 3 is not.

oh fucking please nigger, as if anything i say isnt going to just get shitposted. you are on a mission to hate the game. i hope you find peace someday.

it looks prettier though.

Probably by not being underage

Define worthwhile.
There's good quests scattered all around Velen in the smaller villages, like randomly finding Letho, the werewolf, greedy god and so on. There's also the quests in Crow's perch, the Nilfgaardian army camp, Fyke Isle etc. And while you're low level, it's still a decent place to randomly explore in the more "empty" parts of the maps to clear abandoned villages for xp and find loot.
But it is least favorite map since a lot of the map, especially the south/western part where there isn't much incentive to go explore since there's not much else main quest related nearby.

""""worthwhile"""" is his own personal definition he just made up that you can never satisfy.

I like, love and subscribe when Niggers buy a game and they dont like it, truly truly love this abstract feel by seeing them shitposting all over Cred Forums.

their money is never coming back, tho, gg.

>As if anything I say isn't going to just get shitposted
You mean like you've been doing? Get the fuck out of here you hypocrite bastard.

>there are people who don't like the Witcher 3

I struggle to think what games they actually think are "good".

You'd know all about making shit up, wouldn't you faggot?

>Define worthwhile
You can do that yourself, argue for it too.

Do you find discovering interesting scenery worthwhile? Fair enough, won't argue against that, W3 has great visuals (and little else in my mind) but the majority of things you find is objectively worthless, the monster nests are fucking nothing, the camps are really just nothing, the loot is garbage, literally and figuratively.

Why the fuck is it witcherfags struggle so much to argue for why their game is good beside asinine tripe like 'I had fun' or similar bullshit, and when pressed they become ridiculously defensive and start spouting bullshit about bovines.

>Witcherfag struggles to think
What a shock.

it's just counter culture

pretty everyone outside of here agrees its one of the best games in the past 10 years

in ten years time it'll be remembered as the ocarina of its time

Because "i hate it" isnt a criticism homie. One day i hope you can realize that.

DELETE THIS

>pretty everyone outside of here agrees its one of the best games in the past 10 years

What the fuck is wrong with you people

>You can do that yourself,
Yeah, no kidding, but I asked you since you're the one criticizing it, and then it's nice to know what you actually expect for reference.
And I just gave you several examples to decent content spread out over the map, while acknowledging it's one of the weaker maps of the game, and yet you're still spouting the same drivel with no real arguments of your own. Eh, suppose you're just trying to bait me so w/e, it's too early in the day for this shit.

This.

It was in to love the series before Witcher 3 became a massive success.

Now it's all NORMIES REEE and BUT YOU CAN MOD SKYRIM.

Is it perfect? No. There are still flaws. The hunts do get a bit repetitive, and there are like four quests where you hunt some flavour of wraith.

It still absolutely crushes the competition so far and sets a really high bar for everything that follows.

Fucking underrated.

I can't even begin to express how retarded you are.

The game literally puts a buff on high level enemies and marks them with a red skill, the game is fucking telling you to go away and come back later.

That you can break the game that bad so you can kill these with ease,let alone enemies at the same level as you speaks that the game is unbalanced piece of shit, not that you are any good

by not being retarded
alternatively acquire some taste

>It still absolutely crushes the competition so far

In what way? I can't think of anything it does better than the rest of the AAA studios

Can someone make me a tldr about what happens in the last chapter of the first game of the witcher?
I coudlnt' get myself to finish it.

You don't. Open world is almost always boring.

no

Or people will just eat up whatever generic tolkien rubbish comes along. Case in point - Elder scrolls series, game of thrones, witcher series, pillars of eternity, divinity series, the banner saga et-fucking-cetera

I like some stuff. Velen arc and Hearts of Stone were great to me, that's exactly the kind of fantasy that I like to see. Relatively small scale, but very personal feeling.
Skellige and Blood & Wine were alright. Both were tremendously helped by settings, and I'd rate Skellige higher but it kinda felt like main story arc there fell apart near the end. Skellige did have great side missions and Contracts, though.
Novigrad kinda sucked, which is a shame since there's so much that could be done with huge fantasy city. Just feels like there wasn't enough going on.

>wah wah wah I can't beat high-level enemies, the balance is shit
>wah wah wah someone who understands the system and has developed a modicum of skill can, the balance is shit

Make up your god damn mind.

If I'd screwed up *anywhere* in that fight the Leshen would have one-shotted me.

I didn't fuck up though.

Nothing of interest.

Geralt travels to the end of the world and kills the last, best hope for humanity. The end.

>pretty everyone outside of here agrees its one of the best games in the past 10 years

You bitcherfags should leave your hugboxes

The game is unbalanced. It loses any sense of challenge once you craft any of the Witcher armors. Using alchemy breaks the difficulty too. They didn't take anything into account

Who is this everyone..?

Personally I'm fine with levels not scaling. Though I would've really liked it if the gear wasn't locked by level, being able to risk go into monster cave that's 15 levels overs yours to get some very good gear would've been great.
But as it is, there's no reason going into areas or doing missions that are over recommended level. The game does sort of discourage exploration, in that way.

I used to think it was just bad, but then I see post after post of people masturbating to it.

I guess people just like good graphics and voice acting over everything else. Or they prefer 'freedom' even if it's mostly doing mundane things.

Engine, loading, and graphics optimisation are better than any releases in the same time frame.

Rewards you for skill and prep instead of just saying "lol, guess you should be playing a stealth archer then."

Writing for certain parts (Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine especially) is better than the main plot of other similar open-world RPGs.

Voice acting is way better than other fully voiced offerings.

Turns out the attack on Kaer Morhen from the start of the game was orchestrated by Jacques de Aldersberg, Grand Master of the Order of the Flaming Rose. He turns out to be a Source like Ciri, who has used his Elder Blood powers to time travel and seen the White Frost kill the world. He thinks he can use the Witcher mutagens to create super-killers that can protect humanity from the ravages of the White Frost and come out on the other side.

You fight de Aldersburg in his projection of Vizima thousands of years in the future while he tries to convince you to side with him. As you're about to finish him with your steel sword, he uses magic to knock it away. He thinks he's gotten away until Geralt draws his silver sword then he starts blubbering that the silver is for monsters. Geralt gives him a "gee fucking duh" look and kills him. As he does, a medallion slips out from the neckline of the breastplate de Aldersburg is wearing.

It's the same one you gave Alvin to help him control his powers.

Go play Hearts of Stone nigger

>This is my opinion
>This proves it's shit
You are a dumb gay baby.

from death

>Engine, loading, and graphics optimisation are better than any releases in the same time frame.

Hahaha, what the fuck. GTA IV looks better, loads faster, has better animations.

>Rewards you for skill and prep

Ahahaha

Have interesting game mechanics. The traversal and the combat sucks fucking dick.

No mods to make fix the atrocious gameplay, so you can't.

Holy shit you are so russian i read your post in it.

All Witchers must be played in polish. I pity you. You are losing that specific mood.

Oh, gear scaling and levelled loot was legitimate bullshit. There were times I'd gank something 10 levels above me, be like "Fuck yeah!" and then loot a weapon five levels below me from the corpse. Like what the fuck, if I'd done that at the recommended level I'd have an item 15 levels below me.

>They didn't take anything into account
>Source: I didn't play the game

It rewards you for learning how the system works, preparing for fights, and timing parries/dodges/rolls.

And if you can beat anything more than about 5 levels above you it's because you prepared appropriately and fought with skill.

If enemies were just HP bloated to invincibility and got autokills you'd be bitching about fake difficulty instead.

If you wanted to complain about the repetitive nature of some monster hunts then I'd agree with you. The game is not flawless, but things you're whining about are total non-factors.

>It rewards you for learning how the system works, preparing for fights, and timing parries/dodges/rolls.

How does it reward you? Monsters higher level than you don't give you any more xp. Loot you take from them , you can't wear.

Stop eating shit you dumb fanboy. It does not reward you in any way for killing higher level monsters, because it turns them all into damage sponges and tell you to go away and come back when you're their level

It doesn't reward you for crafting witcher armor or alchemy potions becuase the game turns into a boring easy snorefest even on highest difficulty with these two

shit, that's a good finale

>he thinks this looks better than Witcher 3

What are you high on right now and how do I avoid it? I think it's caused brain damage.

>How does it reward you?

With the feeling of satisfaction that you killed something you weren't supposed to be able to.

>Monsters higher level than you don't give you any more xp.

Monster XP in general is not that great, you get most of it from completing quests. Another indication you don't know what you're talking about.

>Loot you take from them , you can't wear.

Loot you get from monsters tends to be things you've levelled past. It's almost exclusively diagrams you have to wait to forge.

>It doesn't reward you for crafting witcher armor or alchemy potions becuase the game turns into a boring easy snorefest even on highest difficulty with these two

"I played it on Just The Story using the god mode console command so I feel qualified to comment."

Nope. Objectively, factually wrong in every way.

Not one of those games besides maybe TES are tolkien-esque lmfao you tool.

For any witcher 1 lore fags, what power did berengar's amulet have?

i agree with you op. open world fucked it up. everytime i try to play it my autism forces me to completely clear the map and go to every single question mark and i end up doing same shit all the time and then stop playing. i only played through entire game ONCE and i had to force myself to rush the main quest or i would get distracted by repetitive bullshit and quit.
first game was much better adventure game because it was held tightly together, you had choices and stuff but overall you were on track. second game was also good thanks to replayability and great plot. fuck w3 and sandbox shit.

wut?

Berengar is an original character for the games it's not mentioned in the books.

As for the amulet, it's a standard Witcher amulet it shakes when monsters are around

>enjoying video games

fpbp

Berengar's is just a normal Witcher's amulet.

If you meant Alvin's, it's made from dimeritium and dampens his powers so he doesn't lose control and, eg, flatten Vizima or teleport himself five thousand years into the future. He's at least as powerful as Ciri, maybe more.

Doesn;t really work very well though.

Shitty opinions.Same as its always been

>Witcher 3 is garbage by any comparative metric
Prove it

It's not some messiah of gaming, but it sure as hell is the best modern open world game out there, if you compare quantity and quality.
Sure, the combat is not the best, but unless you're an action game veteran, it does it's job, since the main focus is the rpg stuff and worldbuilding.
The low fantasy world is interesting to most because we only get AAA high fantasy, and it's one of those "Finish the fight" things where people wanna see how Geralt ends up.
It might be just above average on most features, but atleast it's not like MGSV where it's great in one section and bottom tier in another.

it's the best game of all time anons, sorry but this is truth

your opinions are shit.
1 and 2 are just adventures of a witcher
you feel geralt in heart in 3. you ARE geralt in 3.

>Remember when TW3 threw all of that out the window to be as generic as possible
nope, Cred Forums just hating what become popular. that's all.

>People comparing Witcher 3 and Skyrim.
>Hey guys remember Dark Souls vs Skyrim, oh so now Skyrim vs Witcher 3 is cool xDD
I played all three of them and i still on don't understand why cant you fags enjoy all three of them.

Do people really make a huge argument about the red line? I almost never used it, and when I had to, I wasn't really that bothered about it.
Make a meme about the combat or downscale, thats more relevant I think

This is the most retarded statement in this thread

No, it really isn't. Nothing in MrBtongue's video stands for Witcher 3

if witcher 3 didn't bcome so popular, Cred Forums would still continue sucking cdprojekt's dick.
now they are praising skyrim over witcher 3. holy shit.

Witcher 3 really pissed me off.

They bring back Letho and he does fucking nothing in the game.

He says in the second game, you will never see me again. What a perfect ending for the character. But no they have to bring him back and ruin him.

Worse yet, they don't bring back Iorveth or the Scoia'tel. Two fucking games you're dealing with these fucks and now suddenly they're irrelevant, they don't get a mention.

They did absolutely nothing with Roche. Oh he's teaching Ves lessons about self control. Go fuck yourself.

It's painfully clear the games had differnet writers. Witcher 3 was poop

looool dude did you know you change that in the generated history.
Also
>He didn't import hes save.
You deserved it.

What are you even talking about?

>you feel geralt in heart in 3. you ARE geralt in 3

Shut the fuck up

Not every game's story can rely on conspiracy theories to carry the story

You need to stop whining.

most annoying fanbase thread

your mom is a conspiracy theory

Was the master of the order/alvin right in what he did?

Is there a fat virgin angrier than this one?
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/sLxyG2lgWpIXQC3n-2SUqQ/

>Maybe Skyrim really was an amazing game.
No, it's just it has mods.

>Bethesda didn't really have to release modding tools on PC where only a small minority of the playerbase would enjoy them.
Skyrim sold 10 million copies on Steam.

How about we compare it with the current Bethesda?

>submitted 3 minutes ago
How did you find this post only 3 minutes after it was posted?
Do you spend your time lurking the TW3 subreddit?

lel

The main story is pretty bad. The setting and characters are more interesting. But the plot itself is shit. Le Wild Hunt! Le Epic Mary Sue Girl! However, the plot in the expansions are great, especially Hearts of Stone.

The Witcher 3 is a fantastic game when you play it for the first time, blind. It literally does everything perfectly and in a mature way for an rpg. The story is deep and interesting, the quests are good, the characters are great, the graphics are mind-blowing, the great soundtrack, etc.

The game lacks replayability. I can do multiple playthroughs of Souls games and Elder Scrolls games. But Witcher 3? I just can't without getting bored from locked cutscenes and the same monotonous bad gameplay. The game heavily focuses on the story, plot and characters.

It is a great first time experience but not everlasting.

Blood and Wine main story is by far the worst thing to come out of The Witcher books or games

>It literally does everything perfectly and in a mature way for an rpg. The story is deep and interesting

lol

Still better than main game. And the expansion was great even if the plot was literally Twilight.

0/5

instanced world >>> open world. An instenced world allows for a much more story driven game, which leads to a much more immersive game. I don't want to play as a random dude who randomly do things beacause "be the epic hero of your own epic story, forge your own epic path and bla epic bla bla epic" I want to be the fucking Kratos of Sparta, Dante of DMC, Commander Shepard, Marcus Fenix... I want to play a well written story as a badass character, fuck the sandbox shit, fuck the bland open world shit. Give me back story driven games with cool cinematics and badass characters, add multiplayer and that's all.

Story is a secondary element in videogames, and it always shall be.
Videogames are not a storytelling medium.

You are the reason games are so shit these days. Literally kys.

俺からはfallout3はもっともシステムを理解する教科書的なゲームとして作られた商人の一人が俺にそっくりなのはそのせい、ウィッチャー3でも似たのが居る、作家は最低限の物しか与えられないので必要以上の事をすると補充が必要になるそれが他者からの意見などになる、でも友人同士で無いので悪口に近いジョークになる、映画や作品よって求めるものが違う普通は当たり前の事だが、一般人は無能だからそれが解らない

>conveniently posting the recent reviews and not the overall for the sake of your argument

Todd please

Generalshowzer please

Turn off POIs. There, fixed.

Thebull94 please

You can't

unless you REALLY care about generic fantasy storyline packed with hundreds of one off undeveloped characters

Is dying from death being born?

>Quantity
Not even close
>Quality
Maybe better than Dragon Age 2

Its a pretty above average game, that the company hired people to shill it.
I literally called them out for the downgrade and 10 seconds later got a paragraph of legal precedent that what they did was not illegal. Its not great and it has such a huge defense force i cant play the series any more.

Worse 3rd installment of the decade because the community is absolute garbage.

The stupid cult following this game has acquired didn't ruin the game for me.

What did ruin it was the shitty writing and quests especially compared to Witcher 2 and 1.

The main plot is a reason for the rest of the game to happen, experiencing the stories along the way. People who fail to understand this honestly shouldn't judge writing, they know little.

>hating a game because people called you a faggot when you acted like a faggot

Lol

RPGs are a storytelling genre.

Unfortunately Japan never understood gameplay or storytelling in theirs

Witcher 3 did not invent side quest. The fact that it has side quests, doesn't give the right for the main story and main conflicts to be an incoherent mess and shit all over the previous games and the books.

Witcher 1 was structured in a similar way. Each chapter had it's own seperate main story as well as it was packed with side quest some of which spanned for the duration of the entire game.

So was Witcher 2 , only that game was short and light on side quests.

>Witcher 3 did not invent side quest

It's not even about side-quests.

Novels where the plot exists as a reason to be driven by stories preceding its conclusion existed long before video games.

A book that would be enjoyable whether you were missing parts of it or not is a good book.

A book you have to make it to the end for it to finally be enjoyable is a bad book.

I used a combat mod called the witcher enhanced edition, that made it playable.

>i hate the witcher 3 because people like it

lmao

good taste

lmao jk

Where did these memes come from?

If you check out CDPR forums, the most popular threads are waifushit, then next are people shitting on Witcher 3 hack writing

Obviously it's not just one person who has this opinion

>recommends skyrim over tw3

Half the threads on Cred Forums are consistently waifushit and uncoincidentally are also the most popular threads here.

Witcher 3 was so great, it even transcended cultural barriers, getting a 37/40 from the extremely biased Famitsu. You know a game is great when even those racist gooks are even forced to admit it's good. It's just too bad for it that Skyrim got a perfect 40/40. I guess Skyrim really IS a great game.

The game is very good IMO, let down by a less than stellar ending of how much you spoilt your bitchy daughter, writing is slightly so disappointing overall. Lots of content. Rare to see a packed singleplayer game now.

People here are doing what Cred Forumsirgins are known for, extreme contrarianism. By the way, I'm a shill and I got 20 gazillion rupees from Hillary, CEO of CDPR.

2 is the worst in series. I bet you love GoT too, you faggot.

>no likes
>one comment

Yeah, Japan just sucks at integrating gameplay and storytelling and the west is just innately superior at that

kek