Games that make you feel smart

Games that make you feel smart

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qcwJkQehqQI
youtube.com/watch?v=e0dZnWkzv2U
youtube.com/watch?v=0pCS44qrJkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You just wanted to post your weeaboo dolly with a party hat

Puzzle games usually make me feel stupid.
When it finally clicks I just say "well no fucking shit, I should have realized that all along"

>tfw had to google most of the answers

camera angle

Elevator

999 desu

youtube.com/watch?v=qcwJkQehqQI

>CURE W

MEAT

KYOKO IS CUTE

C
U
T
E

BONE THE MEAT ON

But she solved everything for you.

What's going on here? Didn't bother watching it since I figured it would piss me off.

I would watch it for closure

SpaceChem. but it's really just an outlet for autism.

long story short

its shit

Those were some good memes. Good times.

>tfw not enough Seiko

Play ace attorney/ghost trick/zero escape.
Then playing Danganronpa will make you feel like the developer designed the puzzles for retards.

Ghost Trick > Zero Escape > Dangan Ronpa > Ace Attorney

Ace Attorney is stupid fun and Dangan Ronpa is stupid fun but Dangan Ronpa is better at being stupid

meat the bone on

Really gets my nogging going..

You made the right choice.

This is your despair tonight.

>mfw 11037

>That part in 1-3 where Yamada talks before he dies yet the game expects you to not know how his "corpse" moved
>During the trial all the characters deny the possibility that Yamada faked his death in the infirmary even though he fucking talked after that happened

fuck that, spacechem makes me feel like a retard

I've completed Zach's other games Inifnifactory and TIS-100 both 100%, but I was never even able to get to the ending of SpaceChem

>tfw such a tremendous idiot that it didn't even remotely occur to me to just look at 11037 upside down

How to improve Dangan Ronpa:

1) Make every single statement contradictable so that it isn't obvious which ones may be contradictions
2) Make it so that EVERY piece of available evidence is usable as a bullet.

Why didn't they do this?

3) Remove the fucking stupid minigames

>you can check the fridge and it tells you there are blood packs in there
>tfw you figure it out

>You know why.
This one will never age and never not be funny. There was absolutely no reason for Munakata to stab Juzo at all, and it was supposed to be taken as a serious scene.
Fucking amazingly bad writing

The minigames are fun as fuck, fuck you

Basically Kohacka made an anime that made Junko an EVEN WORSE CHARACTER than she was at the end of DR2, basically made all the SDR2 DINDUNUFFINS, revived ALL OF THEM because BOREDMAN is just that talented, retroactively made it so SDR2 was all a plot by BOREDMAN to see if Hope could beat Despair because he watched the actual real life Chiaki who actually existed get wrecked by Junko who rigged her death to the point where it makes even less sense that she'd have left ANYTHING to chance in DR1.

So in other words, make it like Ace Attorney?

Sounds about right.

That should be true on the hardest Logic Difficulty

This should be true on the easiest Action Difficulty.

What the fuck is the point of the difficulty settings if they don't do this?

Too hard

Only remove hangman's gambit.

>Game is about mystery solving
>HERE HAVE THIS BADLY EXPLAINED REFLEX TEST BULLSHIT YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW PLAY ON THE FIRST TIME

I think I gained a few I.Q. points by beating Resident Evil. Its puzzles are top tier.

I'm just pissed that the rhythm minigame was off beat by such a wide margin.

>no doujin of Chihiro being raped by Celes in the storage room
Defend this

It was? I thought I was just fucking awful at it.

It was off beat but also very lenient. I got through just fine by basically mashing.

Despite both series being 90% filler, kohacka still managed to retroactively ruin the games

It also has some weird stutter issue on PC

I literally had no idea how to do it right. Luckily I just went beserker mode everytime and insta won.

bioshock infinite

>YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW PLAY ON THE FIRST TIME
How about YOU READ THE FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS YOU ARE GIVEN BEFORE THE MINIGAME YOU RETARDED PIECE OF SHIT. I BET YOU ARE ONE OF THE FAGGOTS THAT THOUGHT P.T.A PLAYED LIKE M.T.B

hah that's pretty much it for me, i don't have much time for real puzzles. or shit like point'n'click where the logic just seems totally random. of course i should combine the horseshoe with the candle whilst at the gates to make a wax key! go fuck yourself!

what ends up making me feel smart in games, as a dense non-puzzley type, is in actual fact usually not real puzzles but simply good game design that made you feel like you figured out the correct thing whilst making it almost impossible to miss anyway; see Zelda and Souls games, you pretty much piece everything together intuitively and the dungeons feed you items just as you need them and the backtracks for opening new doors flows in presentation to make it "feel right" when you're on the right path.

zelda for example is often kind of manipulative in this respect, the puzzles are hardly puzzles, but it works and pleases adults and kids alike.

Is there anyone that can even remotely control our girl kirigiri?

that shit was fucking easy
and I was on mean mode

The mind hack bullshit is funny as well. Its funny how after the ZTD fiasco Kodaka decided to go all in on the same plot device and basically based all of DR3 around it.

>M.T.B
tap to the beat
>P.T.A
hold the button and release

there is though.

literally noticed that like 10 seconds after first seeing it, kinda sucked because I knew who the culprit was the entire investigation

Naegi

There was absolutely no reason to have NG codes at all. None. The only reason was to add some tension and to "kill" Kirigiri.
Only Mitarai's was worth a shit and he'd be too pussy to use it anyway until the very end after Naegi's hope speech.

Yeah didn't now what I was doing, randomly hit buttons, went berserk mode and won everytime.

but only when I play people worse than me

youtube.com/watch?v=e0dZnWkzv2U

there actually is
have you even tried to look?

Yeah the NG codes were mostly retarded as fuck as well. Koichi's was especially bad since it was just a cheap way to set up a "heroic sacrifice" scenario. Tengan's NG code was the only one that made sense if you assume he was planning to make Munakata angry from the start, but why would he do that if he also wanted Mitarai to survive?

In SDR2 I just held the button and got perfect all the time.

I thought it was too easy but maybe I was playing it wrong.

Naegi-kun, It seems my panties are wet.

>playing with some fuck
>take a piece of theirs
>immediately go off asking if they can take their move back
>no
>they spend 15 minutes going let me take it back
>spend 15 minutes laughing at their dumb ass

I know that feel. got to the eighth planet and haven't touched the game since. out-autism'd.

people went full retarded even though the game clearly states it doesn't work like the previous rhythm minigame. it even makes fun of it, and it gives you new instructions.

That's an idea I saw somewhere:
>Add some questions you can ask to different characters during debates, but unlike AA press; you have always the same set of questions and every one can potentially add a new statement, as long the character is able to answer it.

Yeah, the instructions say just to hold it and then press the shoot button to get rid of statements right?

you are triggering me.
you just hold and release
HOLD AND RELEASE. the shoot button is the same as the lock button.

there's a reload button but that appears later

>retroactively ruin the games
You can call it shit all you like, but anyone who believes the above statement has fucking brain damage.

The problem with DR is pretty much what said.
I know that's pretty much Ace Attorney, but why make it easier than it already is? Highlighting contradictions and having limited truth bullets was stupid

>DINDUNUFFINS
How the hell does this matter if they feel guilty about what they did and want to atone? This complaint is no longer even relevant.

>Striaght traps
Disgusting

I don't know why, I mean, it's not a particularly hard game at all. I guess I just feel smart when I detain someone.

Is this canon?

Nigga, it's been nearly a year since I've played.

You expect me to remember the controls to a mini game that shows up 6 times?

And I confused reload with shoot.

There's only supposed to be one contradiction per debate. If everything was highlighted you would have tons of irrelevant things being highlightetd that would still be contradictons, but not the right answer.

>There will never be a sequel

>Yfw Mikan casually mentions retconning Kirigiri's death
Honestly at that point I half-expected the Chiaki on the boat to be real

Kerbal Space Program

CALLESE!

youtube.com/watch?v=0pCS44qrJkY

Or just do like AA and remove the highlighting altogether.
AA cross-examinations also generally only have 1 contradiction, but you can present every evidence at every statement, only the right combination will advance the game of course.

Also AA x DR when?

>Hold and release
WHAT

It's not retconning if she was never dead. She wasn't intended to be dead and the writers changed their minds, either. She was always alive.

Does Hajime have AI Chiaki as a fucking tulpa now?

Ace Attorney makes me feel smart.
Danganronpa just makes me feel horny.

lewd

>tfw king of the chessboard among friends
>tfw know that one day someone who's actually put some effort into learning it will come along and embarrass you

Why is Despair Girls so fucking bad?

I'm playing it right now. Seems pretty good to me.
But maybe I'm just on a high from all the Miyuki Sawashiro eardrugging this game is giving me. She's so good.

No, I mean as a game. What kind of shooter doesn't let you adjust sensitivity?

It was a fun ride. It wasn't the best story, but it was a really enjoyable show for me. Like, I can see why someone would hate it, but I was entertained the whole way through.

Also the threads on Cred Forums after each episode produced some of my favorite content from this site.

>ass trial class.

jiiii

I sometimes play with one of my friends and he always insist we each get one takeback a game. He is such a faggot.

THE BONE ON MEAT

Gravel Swimsuit > Camera Angle > ON THE BONE MEAT > "A device that carries objects between different floors in the a building"

The reason they did it that way is because most of the people working on the game didn't want to make a game at all, they just wanted to do a vn
The director, kodaka or whoever wanted westerners to play it too so they added in game elements

Well okay, but at this point you just don't make it painfully easy.

>want westerners to play
>still not on steam

DR 1 and SDR 2 are on Steam

What the fuck are you talking about?

Is it the fate of all Spike games to end horribly but create a bunch of memes in the process?

Do you not own steam?

I didn't think this one was that bad, but even if it were true, the memes justify the means.

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who thought kirigiri would be dead for good
>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who thought cure water fags were delusional

Ghost trick is a well made game but nothing about the plot stands out as amazing
Zero Escape leaves a much stronger lasting impression

Because unlike ace attorney you have a fixed time limit, so they need to reduce your potential options

>not reading tutorial text in a game about reading

Remember to thank this nice nurse for reviving your waifu.

Chess, I guess.

And also bullying Saionji. Heck, everyone in front of Saionji would feel smarter, all of a sudden! What's why I want to bully Saionji so much. I want to scold her to tears and throw her into pool. I want to take her gummies and eat them in front of her. Then I'll force-feed her with lemon-flavored gummies, palm after palm. I want to call her a stinky and take her panties so she has to going commando for the rest of the trip. I want to mock her inability to put her kimono by herself, so I'll strip her every once in a while, yelling what one day, she'll be glad to be able to dress up herself. Also, I'll take her kitty hairpins, making her long blonde hair cover her private parts. And when I'll give kimono back to her, I'll make sure to put Mr. Ants in every single pleat and Mr. Crab in her panties.

And when finally she snaps and try to bully me by any means possible, I'll spank her in front of everyone until she'll like it. And when she'll come to me, begging for another spanking, I'll mock her again, then spank her as if my life depends on it, laughing on her moans full of pleasure. Mere seconds before her climax, I'll throw her into pool once again, leaving her in her aroused state.

>how did a nurse spread despair?
Oh she just wields a GIANT FUCKING NEEDLE

>You know why
Was this Dangan Ronpa's "That's a story for another time"?

yes this is meat

I bought it when it was on huge sale, feels good. Can't wait for wintersale, need to pick up more cheap as fuck discount quality games :)

I'm glad each game works great as a standalone title it makes forgetting AE and DR3 possible.

Any game where there are really dumb twists that I can see coming from a mile away and get pissed off at.

So yes, things like Danganronpa and Ace Attorney.

I still like them, it's just that some of the twists are really obvious and annoying to me. Like the identity of the killer in chapter 4 of Danganronpa, for example, seemed obvious from the start.

So did Kirigiri really died?

Did someone order meat?

No

Did Tengan have something against Bandai or something to give him such a shitty fucking NG code? Plus wasn't he supposed to be a moderate member of the FF

Tengan was just a fucking shitter, just like the rest of the FF.

watching danganronpa´s story makes me feel cringe coz its really the most childish fucking thing about high school teens since 13 year old boys really are their target audience

b-but user, they are t-the shsl students!

I don't know, does this look dead to you?

She looks pale like a ghost.

Just turn your brain off, bro

She was always like that
I still think all this ending needed was a few animation errors during it and some color distortion at this moment

>Sena posting

I approve

Assassins' Creed 2.
>them fucking puzzles

steins gate