Is this the MMO we've all been waiting for?

Is this the MMO we've all been waiting for?

literally who

Give me the name of it so I can tell you in five minutes

"New World", just announced by Amazon. Not a lot of info on it yet tho they've been snagging mmo devs from other companies for a bit now.
From the announcement thingee, it's a sandbox mmo set in 17th century north america. I'd imagine it would involve city/town building, maybe territory control, crafting, ganking, etc, but that's all speculation based on them calling it "sandbox".
It could be but way too early to get super hyped, we will probably learn a lot more about it soonish as I'd imagine it's been worked on secretly for a little while. A lot of old SWG fags and UO fags have been waiting for a big budget sandbox mmo for long time and since Amazon wants to make a big splash I'm hopeful - but who fucking knows.
The idea or at least their initial pitch sounds like a lot of fun. i think a lot of people hear about what they want to do and immediately think of Ark or Rust when really it could be a lot more than that.

>it's a sandbox mmo set in 17th century north america

sounds ripe for sjw bullshit

Will there be flying? Because 3d mmos are worthless without the complete freedom of 3d movement.

Holy fuck that sounds awesome.

its the 1600s so u do the math bubby

>Focused on emergent gameplay and rich social features – including deep Twitch integration with broadcaster-led events, achievements, and rewards
No.

doubt it

>it's another "Amazon interns try to hype up their shitty twitchbait games" thread

>Twitch integration with broadcaster-led events, achievements, and rewards

I think this is still one selling point for a lot of people who wouldn't play this mmorpg otherwise.

Assuming it lets me kill Aztecs as a conquistador and burn down their villages I'll be happy

Dis nigga gets it but really I just want to wear those sick ass poofy striped pants and that neat shovel helmet

>subscription is free with Amazon Prime
Would you?

I mean yeah if they kept giving me free prime then why not.

Sandbox gives me the feeling of Ark/Rust, but with more players per server. So its going to be unoptimized trash unless they severely limit basebuilding.

Since you're probably on their marketing team could you pass on to the devs to add the mechanic of having other players as slaves.

Do this and you got a sale

>A DayZ clone with Twitch integration
Can't wait OP it's going to be amazing.
just kidding you fucking retard.

>not wanting to be a stealth Iroquois savage who hunts and murders/scalps bitch ass colonists who are streaming, corpse camping them until they are so assblasted they won't even get on stream when Mohican694u is online

>implying the streamers won't want to play as the TOTALLY WACKY INJUNS LETS GO SCALP SOME B*TCHES XD
they'd never take the noble colonist route

Not necessarily. We don't know how the pvp will work yet or the base building - or really anything. I think we should imagine it more like UO or Wurm, or Galaxies. Or at least that's how I'm picturing it, I could be wrong and it's just an unoptimized gankbox like you are saying.

Guys, my main is a Negro Slave (Fugitive spec) 15 and I'm having trouble grinding because I make auto-alerts pop up on White players' HUDs.

wat do?

wait until nightfall and stop spamming the smile emote

>set in 17th century north america

nah

were waiting for the one set in a cyberpunk world

>literally no images showing gameplay, no info other than the same promises we always get "sandbox pvp emergent gameplay make your own story you can do anything !"

>"Is this what we've been waiting for?"

Literally people reacting to an announcement poster

Hardly a bunch of empty promises when all they do is outline the very basics of the game

We already had Neocron

newer! better

sounds a bit like EVE online with fantasy past instead of scifi future

>land in the new world
>burn the ships