On the left is a 10 hour videogame with no replay value, multiplayer, most of it is cutscenes

>on the left is a 10 hour videogame with no replay value, multiplayer, most of it is cutscenes
>cost $60 at launch
>on the right is a 15 hour board game, can be replayed again and again with different rules and difficulties, scenarios or objectives; every time you play it's different. Can be played with 1-6 players without dampening the experience
>cost $20 at launch

Why don't you quit vidya for boardgaems?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-remastered-price-drop-refunds/
youtube.com/watch?v=6Jqjss1fCeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't understand why you have to make a bait thread for this shit. Just make a regular board game thread. It's not like people argue about the topic or whatever. They just talk about board games.

I want to play boardgames but all of my close friends who I used to play vidya with have moved away ;-; We still play vidya, but it makes boardgames kind of hard

Bait as fuck, but I'll take it. Last of Us had multiplayer, videogames are a more visual medium which is worth something to some people, board games are often as expensive as videogames. Risk Legacy was like $50, wasn't it? I dunno, I bought that shit forever ago because I'm not retarded enough to believe hobbies are mutually exclusive

The Last of Us is 15 hours long and has multiplayer.

Also, any board game that uses dice and/or plastic figures is trash.

I have no friends to play Board Games with. :/

I cant pirate board games

I mean, you kinda can

I used to think this too, there is a ton of boardgames out there that can be played by one player.

I would, I love them.
The problem is that a lot of peoples don't so it's a pain in the ass to organize anything.
I bought quite a few boargames but most of them have been used only once or twice.

>1-6 players
>1 player board game

how fucking pathetic

>singe player board games
shit nigga just play zork or something

I mean if its a co-op game you can basically just control other players, it not like it matters

>left game
>various difficulties, mechanics can be turned off to further increase difficulty
>enjoyable multiplayer
>most of it is gameplay, only a few cutscenes which are among the best in the industry
>costs $20 now

>right game
>constantly checking rules if you can do something or not
>even if you save your progress, when people come back it's not the same
>increasing player count dampens the experience, various players have differing taste and want to act out various, often stupid things
>costs $100 now because is becoming rare

What group of people are going to want to play a fifteen hour board game? Do you just leave it alone when you get bored after two hours and pick it back up a week later? I don't get it

is that some motherfucking redwall

>$100 for $2 in paper and ink

Video Game
>Costs $60 at launch with unlimited stock

Tabletop Game
>Costs $400 at launch with limited stock

Which board game was it that told you to rip up cards?

Oh yes.

But I play digital board games like the fantastic Talisman.

Why would I limit myself to only one or the other when I can enjoy both? World isn't binary user.

A videogame that simulates a tabletop RPG without actually having to find people to play with would be GOAT. That's the whole reason I avoid them, the forced social interaction is so annoying.

Pandemic Legacy

>button as a shield
>instead of a needle as a sword, it's an actual fucking sword

>$100 for $2 in paper and ink

Pic related a piece of paper worth nothing, value is just what people agree on

they announced a kickstarter for a second print run, happening on black friday

The effort necessary to make a AAA game compared to a board game is nearly astronomical. Regardless of your opinion of either game.

i still have a fucking Talisman board game box in my closet

the artwork for Talisman's cards was great. the game was eh. At least the artwork got new life in the digital format

now if some faggot would find an old HeroQuest board game and turn it into an epic single player cRPG, I could enjoy that.

TABLE TOP SIM
A
B
L
E

T
O
P

S
I
M

Weeb card games can get really expensive.

If I can pick it up for $100 like in the original Kickstarter I might get it. Doubt it though.

yeah im not expecting that price either, since they know the actual costs now. I am still debating with myself what price will be too high

>be me
>buy card games, board games, rpgs
>read instruction manual/rules
>eventually create some characters
>daydream about adventures I could have with such characters

But I will never play with all of this.
Don't get me wrong, I have friends but they are not interested in those games.
So, I have to rely on videogames.

I don't have the space for all the stuff board games require. Not for storage nor for play.
>Also, any board game that uses dice
As opposed to what? Spinners? Dead serious, I don't know what else you'd hope for.
>and/or plastic figures is trash.
Again, as opposed to what? Cardboard tile pieces?

the best games dont need dice, spinners, figures, nothing

coup, love letter, hanabi, werewolf, etc

Why not both?

>coup, love letter, hanabi, werewolf, etc
I don't know any of those.

>10 hour
You haven't finished it have you?
>no replay value
Theres multiplayer you retard.
>most of it is cutscenes
theres 1.5 hours of cutscenes across at 17 hour game.
>cost 60 at launch
it cost 50 at launch.
Everything is wrong about your post.

Cred Forums getting BTFO.
Again.

board games have shitty graphics and using your imagination is gay

Never thought I'd see the day when one of the blights of modern gaming is being defended on this board.

/tg/ always has a thread about board games. You don't have to shitpost on an unrelated board every day if you want to talk about them.

>buttmad Sonygger THIS mad
10 hours really is stretching it, if you're an inept retard with no thumbs you might need 12 hours
>Theres multiplayer you retard.
Shitty multiplayer that is slightly above average for a PS3 game
>theres 1.5 hours of cutscenes across at 17 hour game.
there are 2 hours of cutscenes across a 10 hour game
>it cost 50 at launch.
objectively wrong

that isnt actually paper, its made from a blend of cotton and linen

>10 hours
How the fuck did you make it through TLOU:r in 10 hours? I am genuinly curious.
Either you played it on easy and just walked through it as fast as you could or you are fuckin lying.
>shitty multiplayer that is slightly above average for a ps3 game
You have barely played it i can see. alright then move along with your delusions.
>there are 2 hours of cutscenes across a 10 hour game
Nope you are lying again. Either you tried to speedrun the game on the easiest difficulty and are still lying or you are just lying.
>objectively wrong
gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-remastered-price-drop-refunds/
Look at the game on the left. It says TLOU: Remastered. Yes that game costed $50 at launch.
You are objectively wrong. Stop lying.

because I need people to play with me, and I can't say at 2:30 in the morning "hey I want to play mice mystics" then do it. I can do that with tlou, even it's (great by the way) multiplayer.

For OP's specific example, the game is a collection of 2-3h long scenarii and is meant to be played in multiple session. Game is fun, we played one extension last year and there's one of the most obnoxious boss ever that constantly poped and fuck with us through the missions.
Fucking Glorm.

>most of it is cutscenes

Fuck off. Mice and Mystics is a cliched name and no one wants to play as dirty mice.

Did you try to look for clubs and shit? Where I live we have a place in the city where you pay a little bit and can play board games all you want as well as buy some drinks/snacks. You can just go there and play with people.

Rebuttal : Mice and Mystics is super fun to play

>playing a >1hr boardgame

I've played TLoU two or three times.

I don't have any friends so I have to play video games with strangers online

Can you name a few? I'd love to try some

>Mice Mystics
Eww, hell no. Who wants to play as a bunch of dirty rats?

Can you /tg/ shills fuck off to your fucking board already?

Mice & Mystics (has 1 expansion, 1 standalone sequel), Elder Sign (has 4 expansions), Arkham Horror (has a bajillion expansions), Eldritch Horror (likewise a bajillion expansions), Descent 2e (has 3 or 4 I think expansions), Mansions of Madness 2e. These all have baked in solitaire modes. Here's a few meant for 2+ but still work great at 1: Pandemic (has 3 expansions, some standalone spin-offs), Forbidden Island & Forbidden Desert.

>Kickstarter game
>Needs another kickstarter to make more stock

[Skepticism intensifies]

>every time you play it's different.
Dude, the game has 8 tiles and a static story. One of the biggest issues with Mice and Mystics for me is that the enemy variety is so small that replaying WILL feel the same every time.

>board game designed by an autist furry in his basement
>good

So you like card games and social deduction. That's cool.

>Why don't you quit vidya for boardgaems?
Why not both?
$20-30 gets you almost every board game ever created

>but it makes boardgames kind of hard
I'm pretty sure you can pirate this game and still play online together.
You should really get into this. I thought it was just going to be a ebin table flipping xD game like Goat Simulator, but its actually an insanely good simulation for board games.

I've been playing MtG, Munchkin, Pathfinder, Warhammer and all sorts of shit at least once a week with my buddies for the last year or so thanks to this game,

Its GOAT though.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Jqjss1fCeg

>Mice and Mystics

Honestly from what I've heard it's not that good.

I'm glad that my course mates in uni have a whole bunch of board and table top games. Deck building games are one of my favorite, DC deck building being one of them and star realms as well.

Smash-up is interesting but it takes a little long