This is probably one of the coolest things I've scene about Civ 6

This is probably one of the coolest things I've scene about Civ 6.

pcgamer.com/how-civilization-6s-music-evolves-through-the-eras/?utm_content=bufferdf09f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HM-2A7D_u0k&t=18m17s
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL83AA8F8892604860
youtu.be/_Kr4Fc54Bws
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thank you for that legitimate post from a legitimate fan who is legitimately excited about this game.

Also it's "seen", for fuck's sake.

Yea, I always fuck up with that one...Dunno why.

This is neat.

Wow. I'm guess I'm going to pre-order Civilization 6 for the PC (with the bonus DLC, wow!) now. Thanks, OP!

That is pretty cool to a degree.

>scene

Music changing as you move through the eras is something I've wanted for a while

youtube.com/watch?v=HM-2A7D_u0k&t=18m17s

I'm curious if all the songs evolve and not just the civ themes.

This is pretty good. Problem I had with CIV 5 was how boring the music gets and how repetitive it can be.

music starting out simple with 1 instrument and evolving into orchestra has been known for a while, the music from other civs you meet also add in

CIV 4 had this iirc

civ 4 had a shifting soundtrack by era but it didn't have "this is the same melody but gets more complex" which is what they're featuring in this game

monty's theme would always be the same tenochtitlan revealed arrangement in IV

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL83AA8F8892604860
Uh yeah it did. I'm correct, you're wrong, kiddo.

but thats one track

Have you listened to it? It starts out simple and gets more complex as era progresses.

the track just goes on

they changed and added so much new shit into the game and still Cred Forumsirgins are mad

Even in 5 the music changed based on the eras

youtu.be/_Kr4Fc54Bws
Here I picked an example for you. You can tell how beginning and end are the same melody but with more shit added in composition

well yeah the song keeps going

This isnt exactly something new though. I like that they've kept up with it

It's not a single track. Starting in 4000bc you only gets to hear first bit of melody repeating and near the end of the game last bit of melody

i played that song and it is four minutes and thirty six seconds long

Civ 5 had leader war/peace themes and cultural era musics. Leader theme didn't change. Start the game as England and you'll hear full orchestra compisition in 4000 BC for example.

Have you been watching the streams?
Honestly it is not "so much new shit".
The only thing I few is really different is that city planning now. But everything else is about the same.

Fucking "CiV was my first Civ" casuals, this isn't something new but simply something the shitty Civ game that CiV was lacked.

Cred Forums quality = kindergarten.

You'll gonna be pedantic about length of the music now? It's a single melody that repeats. The most you'll hear it is as a backdrop during diplomatic interaction with other leaders.

Not them, but Civ IV leader themes were not complete songs. They were like

Thanks for repeating what I just said

>play as koreans, maya or babylon
>they have shit music

It really bothers me. Only western/european nations have good music, like england, poland, brazil and venice.

Indonesia theme is fucking rad though

Who here is gonna main BEST CIV?

TANAKA

AUTO

TANAKA

THAI KIKKU

YAMAZAKI... OUTTO

>main
>in a Civ game

Son...

>he doesnt main a civ
Please go and stay go

Denuvo confirmed? If yes not gonna bother with it

Did they solve the problem where past 1800 A.D. every turn requires 30 minutes and a supercomputer to process the next turn?

>play as koreans
>kpop starts playing

You are a complete moron if you play one Civ in a strategy game that does not depend on muscle memory, competitive gameplay or other factors one would want to "main" a character over others. In Civ, you are supposed to explore all civilizations and try to minmax them in their own way to reach victory conditions.

Give me a reason why would one want to "main" a single civilization other than being completely stupid? The only difference between them are a few buildings/units and abilities, it does not require "maining."

Stop playing on your toaster

>gets triggered
>writes a paragraph
user, OUTTO

I like to play with 16+ civs, by 1800 I need to make half an hour of decisions and I just say fuck it and go play TF2.

Doesn't have anything to with that.

If you're playing on a large map with a lot of civs you're going to get long turn times by the end no matter what kind of computer you have.

>you are supposed
You arent supposed to do anything if you dont want to
>explore all civilizations
I am not playing as a nigger
>minmax
Opinion discarded

For people who play AI on Deity difficulty in 5 you have to cheese the fuck out of the game and pick an 'optimal' civ like Poland, Babylon , Korea, Shoshone ect. So 'maining' on of those civs to beat the cheating AI is one reason.

In multiplayer playing one Civ can be a way to ensure you don't get fucking stomped by other min-maxers. People play games the way they enjoy them for their own reasons, if you can't realize that seriously seek help.

I want France to put on a strapon and fuck me

Middle eastern themes were awesome.

I think civ 3 already had music that changed with the era.
While I understand it workeds differently here (its the civ's theme, not a generic age theme) I don't think it's that mind blowing.
bretty gud though

now where's my Netherlands

I guess you could say they are nether here nor there

>you are supposed
That's the way the game was designed, you don't have to press "enter" to end the turn either, yet you are supposed to and not just stare the screen.

And minmaxing is essential part of any strategy game, if you play it strategically.

You don't need to "main" any of those Civs to beat high difficulty AI. You just need to play them.

You may like to play some Civ more than others, but in the context of Civ, it just doesn't make sense to talk "maining" when your civ pick is more about choice than skill. The differences between Civs are so non-existent and especially CiV is so easy to understand as a whole.

This looks like the first Civ in years that looks playable without the need of two expansions

Missing world congress

>boot up Civ VI
>play japan
>YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fuck you carlos we wuz relevant swamp jews

I dont have to win if i dont want to i cant just stay an isolationist

Minmaxing is not necessary unless youre autistic

Quit being a retard, you are being autistic and getting triggered over how other people play. Drink bleach and go to bed

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU FUCKING SPIC, MY PEOPLE ARE AN HONOURABLE PEOPLE

>muh baba yetu

Anyone can play however they want, my intention was just to correct someone's vocabulary on Cred Forums. The reason "maining" and "alting" are used is to let others know which character you are best with and which characters you can somewhat play with as well. But in Civ everyone should know how to play everyone. Unless you are a very beginner.

That's all.

The music was still fantastic though.

>that mordern era Amarica theme
Evolving music is my shit.

This guy

>kindergarten
Says the guy arguing about semantics

Why not just link the YouTube video?

>england theme
>slow paced orchestra symphonies

>america theme
>IT AIN'T LEGAL HUNTIN ALLAHGATER DOWN IN THE SWAMP BOI

Not a legitimate excuse. Some people host huge 50-civ games and the turns can take up to 35 minutes each on top-of-the-line hardware, although I guess that's beyond the scope of what Firaxis intended

World Congress was fucking stupid and no one liked the diplomatic victory

World Congress was basically "richest civ trolls the other civs every 30 turns", and diplo victory was the easiest in the game to get if you were that richest civ since you can bribe the other civs to wage war on each other and completely cripple their science/military, guaranteeing you the window needed to get a diplo victory

>richest civ trolls the other civs every 30 turns

But this was fun you fucking retard.

Can I choose my civics again yet

It's extremely consistent, and once you've done it once it'll more or less pan out in exactly the same way in any other game, esp. as moneymaking Civs like Venice

Civ VI's design philosophy is to get rid of sure-fire ways to win and force you to work with what you've got, and the diplo victory is completely incompatible with that

>richest civ trolls the otger civs
this is literally what the un is mate

>It's extremely consistent
So is fucking science victory you mong. What is wrong with consistent victory conditions? Methods to troll other civs is always fucking hilarious to have fun. It is not like World Congress is a factor in multiplayer games.

>World Congress was fucking stupid...

So pretty much real life.

Anybody got a link to the aztec's civ 6 theme?

it's easy win button

If you can game the world congress, you literally already have won the game.

>return to a feature that they already had in a previous game
>"Wow, what a great new feature from Firaxis!"
Have these fags even played Civ 4?