Black Desert, no contest

He said game, not movie.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

metro 2033 redux, last light
asscreed games, unity and lesser sydicate
ethan carter\
modded watchdogs
modded skyrim

Jesus fuck, if your pic is a screenshot, I'd like to know what kind of setup you'd need to get it to look that polished

add blur

For the era it was created in?

Elder Scrolls Oblivion was the most realistic and gorgeous looking game I had ever seen in my life when it came out.

Mario Galaxy the first had incredible art design.

Dead Rising was the only game I had ever seen with that much going on on screen, it was amazing.

Graphics =/= fidelity.

this is just good hires texpack+some snow mod + good Ssao(enb or reshade)+ x8 msaa+good angle when taking pic.

I bet you can get 30fps with gtx780

wind waker

Ratchet & Clank PS4.
Okami
Battlefront

Prove me wrong, you literally can't.

Garou: Mark of the wolves

I'd say a 1080 could do it, I'm getting the ti version that's coming out in january.

The first Mirror's Edge

Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield 1 hands down

Best graphics probably crysis 3.
If you can't pinpoint 3 instances of TECHOLOGY in a game then the graphics are shit.

The first Mirror's Edge game has the best art style I have seen in a game. Every single frame is gorgeous.

Frostbite makes really nice environments but they are quite small spaces, and almost everything is baked in. I would love to see the environmental destruction in more games. Main visual issue with Frostbite is that the characters normally look shit, but that might just be EA/Dice.

I don't really like how "plastic" it looks in some aspects

The desert one is fine but the forest has so much god damn specularity everything looks like it's plastic, no plant should ever reflect sheer white.

>people posting the most realistic ones instead of ones with unique styles

The Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4

I think Frostbite and Unreal have this issue because their lighting system is more advanced than their materials system. Cryengine doesn't have this problem, especially with physically-based materials rendering.

>thread is about GRAPHICS
>"why aren't you guys talking about art style"
BECAUSE THAT'S NOT GRAPHICS.

>small spaces
>Bf1

I was surprised how well this game worked for my old graphiccard.

It's a well optimized engine, I'm pretty sure crysis 3 runs better than crysis 1 despite potentially looking much better.

>The first Mirror's Edge game has the best art style I have seen in a game. Every single frame is gorgeous.

it's a great example of a game with great artsyle + great graphics (on a technical level), versus many other "good looking" games which just have one or the other

i mean it helps that it's a lot of flat surfaces but the lighting and textures are fucking great and it holds up extremely well for a 2008 title

Most of the textures are very plain, if you're going to praise mirror's edge for it's graphics do it where it matters glass and cloth physics

but those paint strokes man (i guess that counts as bump mapping?)

I have rig in pic on its way, what are the best games to give this thing a good workout?

get the fuck out, if you aren't posting on at LEAST A 2000 pc then you are not allowed to post.

Sorry.

Uncharted 4

Your entire picture looks out of focus, what's up with that?

Not him but while his picture looks out of focus, yours has so much ringing/fringing and lack of depth that it looks like a bunch of paper cutouts.

Fucking people and their sharpening filters, I bet you're why Mankind Divided looks so retarded with it on.

pic unrelated op?

I can't figure out how to turn the sharpen off in this ENB.

something is off with the dof, you are right it is very blurry.

Nowadays it's usually in effect.txt, but it can also be in the SweetFX preset if yours has one or enbeffectprepass.fx

is this oblivion, what enb did you use?

The witness has some timeless graphics

Definitely worth $30

ported to skyrim enb

Thanks, I turned a few 1s into 0s and hopefully it fixes some of that, it's not that bad in motion but it's super obvious in screenshots.

The Witcher 3 by far

I can name 5 games that look better

pic unrelated

>he said not posting anything better

ok you sure got me

Ethan carter, another game that looks better than witcher 3

>all that brown and grey

nope

That doesn't look better than witcher 3 at all user.
Not to mention witcher 3 takes place in gigantic levels, isn't this game just a string of tiny levels?

dont play this but agree it looks fckin beautiful

Unity is a good hallway simulator but it is literally a tech demo packed into an area the size of a single city block.

I can boot up Unreal Engine 4 and do that French Apartment tech demo and call it the best looking game ever but in reality its nothing all that special.

Game size is important for context, like how the Silent Hills hallway looks hyperrealistic but MGSV is one of the worst looking games of this generation.

What? it's a full game with gameplay. interiors are some of the best I've ever seen.

unreal demos are cool but they never are more than walking around

>console
>graphics
i shiggy ur diggy

I could run Skyrim with and ENB and 2k textures at 60fps with a 5870 user...

It's fucking Skyrim, unless you're retarded enough to get the most demanding ENB without using older binaries, everything will run it, no matter how modded.

>unreal demos are cool but they never are more than walking around

That's essentially all AC games are, throw in a couple kill animations and bam, the Unreal tech demo is suddenly a full fledged AC game.

But yes, I agree, the hallways are amazing.

I stand firm that the size of the game and allocation of assets is part of TW3's strength over anything else in the medium.

From Unity, to Ethan Carter, to every map in Battlefront combined, add all of these together and you still don't have a gameworld bigger than even Velen. A game that looks like Ethan Carter that is the size of TW3 just isn't feasible technologically.

>he says as he posts modded skyrim

way to make anything you ever say completely irrelevant

kholat looks pretty good for a horror game

eh unity is a bad game but it still has gameplay and witcher 3 does not come close lighting wise.

I'm pretty sure unity has global illumination which witcher 3 took out. :(

>this game doesn't have good graphics because the map is small

Who fucking cares? lmao

alien: isolation
Quantumbreak

they have some flaws, buy uses some nice technology

First off, I hope you aren't saying AC has better gameplay than TW3; this is just flat out wrong.

Second, Unity doesn't even have time. It has preset lighting which is baked into everything and since time never passes this works.

TW3 light is, unlike AC, dependent upon actual lighting - and this is leagues beyond AC technologically even if the prebaked shit in Unity looks nice.

God damn if Paragon doesnt have the finest graphics for a moba.

wrong,unity has global illumination and no did you not read where I said unity was a bad game???

Friend, you are wrong. 99% of the lighting in ACU is pre-baked.

The only shadows that aren't pre-baked are ones caused by things that move.

This is the very reason why there is no passage of time in ACU despite being an open world game.

back then this was goat ehhhhhh

huh you are right from googling, shame syndicate looks far worse.

Keep in mind MGSV is made to run on PS3 hardware while PT is PS4 only

heres some paragon screenshots

imgur.com/gallery/NjX8C
imgur.com/a/MHBJh
imgur.com/a/AdBTf
imgur.com/a/HlP2u

and the game is fucking free.

and are running at 5k downsampled don't forget.

probably wont run on my box feelsbadman

its still in beta so maybe ull have a new pc when the game is officially out

>Witcher 3
Is this a meme? The screenshots and webms I've seen don't look very impressive.

it might have been true pre-downgrade

Very realistic graphics can be mindblowing, especially to someone not used to them or not pessimistic.
I have yet to see a game that's graphics in their uniqueness achieve that "Whoah what the fuck dude, simply ebin" feeling. Maybe a small "Hey, this is pretty aesthetics" or "Hey, this is a pretty nice, unique style, I've never seen stuff like this before." but not mindblowing

>realistic graphics can be mind blowing
Not until we get past the uncanny valley for faces, art style is always more important than graphical fidelity

>All that blur and chromatic aberration
I admit that it's a good looking game for sure, but even without taking into account all the stuff Witcher 3 also has to do, it's about as good looking. Also a big part of it's shine is the fact that it happens during a sunset or some other dimly light weather

For many people they are.
You're one of those people who are either pessimistic about this, or used to all the good graphics.
Not even so much an artstyle is mindblowing, but the world design. Most of the graphics circlejerk games have scenic landscapes in them, where you stop and go "whoah". But that's mostly achieved with graphics, unless you go for some grand shit that's achieved with scale.
Also the definition of "mindblowing" is subjective, but there's definitely some stuff you can look at and objectively name it mindblowing, even if you define it mindblowing because the majority thinks it is

bf1 looks like shit compared to battlefront for some reason

the order
uncharted 4
driveclub

>playstation
this lad is mad

>You can mod Skyrim to look better than real life then fill it to the brim with horny titty girls, but you will never be able to fix the shitty combat or generic quests.

yeah you may be more right than you think....

Is there still no way to make water reflect trees and other nearby objects properlu? You can clearly see reflections of mountains that are barely visible.

no, it they even downgraded them from oblivion

Crysis 3 is shit. Crysis/Warhead we're god tier but the series devolved into muh technology.

GTA V = Cross Gen game
AC Unity
Far Cry 4 = Cross Gen game

All of which look better than Witcher 3 and are considerably more technically impressive (GTA V for example has an entire indepdendent physics model for EACH NPC as opposed to the static props that are found in Witcher 3, fully fleshed out mocap etc)

Witcher 3 isn't even that impressive considering it being a current gen exclusive. AC Unity shits on it technically wise, even cross gen games like GTA V shit on it.

Crysis 3, although the people in that game were some uncanny valley shit.

GODDAMNIT I HATE CRYSIS 3. IF I FUCKED CRYTEK CEO I WOULDN'T GIVE THEM THE REACH AROUND.

>AC Unity shits on it technically wise

First off, this sentence is a mess and you should feel embarrassed for writing it.

Second, ACU is overshadowed by TW3 in every way for reasons already detailed through this thread.

Third, GTA V is the highest budget game ever created by one of the richest companies in video games with a strong foundation of immensely successful predecessors and other franchise to work from.

GTA V has a lot of strengths, and has a lot of advantages over TW3, but TW3 also provides a million things GTA V doesn't and has a unique style that can be more aesthetic and pleasing than GTA.

>ACU is overshadowed

Stopped reading

adriancourreges.com/blog/2015/11/02/gta-v-graphics-study/

Here's an entire graphical study explaining why GTA V has the most impressive graphics in the business, notice the date, this article was made when Witcher 3 was released.

Your game looks like dogshit 99% of the time unless it's at dawn. The NPCs have zero interaction or dynamic cycles, the water looks laughable and overall, the game looks mediocre even by cross gen standards.

Your game doesn't even have mocap, it's completely laughable. It's facial animations get overshadowed by PS3/360 exclusives like Red Dead Redemption, games that also had fully fleshed out physics mechanics for every NPC in the game.

Stay mad.

UC4 looks shit in so many damn environments

>Stopped reading

Stopped reading

ACU is just a tech demo with prebaked lighting everywhere. There's no technology there to speak of.

Stay wrong and angry.

don't bother there are tons of people that shit on w3, so you'll be here all night

AC Unity looks much better than Witcher 3 tho. What has been detailed?

The sheer number of NPCs, facial animations make Witcher 3 look like a last gen game.

Witcher 3 is just a tech demo with prebaked NPCs that hold zero interaction or physical properties as well as non existent mocap.

Stay wrong and angry

>ps4 screenshot

>prebaked NPCs

So you're a literal retard?

youtube.com/watch?v=r2514qTk7AY

Everything is last gen compared to Unreal Paris. Take a look at them floor tiles.

Prebaked lighting or not, at least you can interact with the thousands of wandering NPCs in Unity and at least it's interiors don't look like complete dogshit

NPCs have zero interaction. Insulting me isn't an argument.

>everything is last gen compared to this literal tech demo that is literally not a game

Top kek, you sure proved my open world game wrong.

Witcher 3 looks like shit m8, it's ok. No need to get mad, they spent their budget on optimizing it for cucksoles.

That's because battlefield 1 is only brown and gloom.

Battlefront is beatiful even on just hoth were everything is white

You seem rustled

like what?

Did you run away m8? Or is it a lunch break over at your Polack headquarters?

does unity look better than synidcate?
isnt syndicate newer?

Unity looks much better hence why it was optimized like shit.

It's a shit game but the graphics are god tier

is this a w3 shilling thread?

w3 has the same asscreeed/batman mechanics (admitted by the devs themselves) minus the parkur and the fluid controls.
pre patch geralt was a truck, but they still havent improved it enough.

it has telegraphed counters, softlock, finishing animations, hack vision, poi.

not going full dlc jew is the only thing separating from the standard a3 products (everything else from downgrade to stagnant feature is there though)

TW3 got no ssr/dynamic shadows/volumetric smoke/fog/clouds, bad shaders (foliage) etc.
Why ppl are praising this game ?

>left
blue/grey shitty fog

>right
colorful and vivid world.
not to mention w3 is waaaay bigger

>unity is better
huh?

>not to mention w3 is waaaay bigger

This is a thread about graphics. By your logic arma 3 > Tw3.

>colorful =/= good graphics

AC Unity is simply the more technically impressive game. Stay triggered

this looks fine, why couldn't the whole game look like this?