Who is this game honestly for? What's the appeal to it? Late night sonic thread I guess

Who is this game honestly for? What's the appeal to it? Late night sonic thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kTl3h39abxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

people who like sonic dumbass

Obviously, but which type of sonic fans?

the ones who dont bitch about it

Ones who liked Colors and Generations.

About the only thing colors did right was the world creativity and music. Generations main thing was a -poorly reconstructed- classic experience...mania coming out makes this game worthless. Don't you see what i mean?

>Sonic 06 SUPERSRS vibes... oh and heres classic sonic xD

I honestly don't know

So are you saying Colors and Generations don't have any fans?

I'm saying they do but colors sucks and mania is going to surpass whatever they come up with for generations 2. Its essentially 2 classic games but one has 3D graphics

Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations had a pretty decent performance critically, despite the odds being stacked against them.

You know, even if Mania ends up being better then Project 2017, that doesn't mean Project 2017 is a bad game. Something not being as good as something else doesn't make it bad.

Do we even know anything about this game besides
>classic Sonic
>modern Sonic
>foreboding orange lighting

No, seriously. Did I miss a leak or announcement because otherwise this is thread is nothing but hypotheticals when we know exactly 3 (three) things about it

It will no undoubtedly be worse. Honestly i wish they'd just go back to making original sonics again. The last one I enjoyed was unleashed. The boost stages in everything after have been disappointing as fuck and I have no reason to believe they will learn for this game. The modern sonic is going to have tons of shitty 2D sections with basic platforming again instead of being an adrenaline pumping experience while mania will trump whatever classic sonic has in generations 2.

A game so 3Dfags are happy
That's why they got the guys that do the good remasters of the classic games to do Mania so classicfags are happy.

Fans who like both don't exist obviously.

But everyone will whine about what they get anyways so who cares.

i disagree

That's the thing. Its not a 3D game. Its another 80% 2D game

>Fans who like both don't exist obviously.
i do

>a 2d game makes a 3d game worthless

Why does classic Sonic look so much better than modern Sonic, even in 3D?

unpopular opinion, but i would really really prefer a new 3d sonic or god knows sonic adventure 3. i was actually very disappointed to see sonic mania on the livestream, thinking SA3 was actually happening. i don't understand the appeal of 2D sonic, there's constant pitfalls, spikes, and pace-breaking. i don't think any level past green hill 1 is really all that fun. that being said, if you think DBZ is entertaining, you're not allowed to knock the story in SA.

Sonic mania is for people who like sonic games

sonic 2017 is for the shadic24177 social rejects that write fan fiction and go fast etc, they're stuffing classic sonic in again to try and trick the sonic mania crowd into thinking it'll be more than mediocre.

this is a terrible post with no effort put into it.

GameCube kiddies genuinely like 3D Sonic games

>Unleashed day stages are good but not Generations or Colors
Shit taste but everyone has a right to their opinion.

Agreed.

>B-BUT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO NOT BE ABLE TO GO FAST

No, fuck off. It's true that you should have to master a level to truly speed through it, but going fast should still be a fucking baseline expierence for sonic even for the first time you go through a level provided you are a competent player

the fact you can't see ahead of you is just a core flaw with a 2d game and it's an inherent advantage the 3d games have.

yeah that's my biggest issue with 2D sonic, i have almost no idea where i'm headed. half of the time it's to my death. i get the idea that levels deserve mastery, but i can't vouch for unseen death like that. not even dark souls is guilty of that.

Explain

Thanks buddy, Unleashed levels are magical and always pure bliss and kino. Everything after it had no idea what made them so good

You know you can walk right?

i have no choice but to walk. if it were up to me, i'd be going fast at all times, as to not break pace.

You know that it's a sonic game and the entire fucking point is going fast, right?

Thats the thing with the old games. They were some of the fastest games for their time but with modern standards and all the new things like boost or mach speed, they are slow as fuck. the fastest games in the series are advance 2, rush and rush adventure, unleashed, and generations. If speeds purely what youre after I would stick with those. Even sonic 4 both episodes are pretty fast

Are the Green Hill Paradise dudes here? One of their reps used to lurk.

Please no that game is garbage

I'm not disagreeing, I just thought I'd give them some advice. Trying to 1:1 the classic sonic mechanics with their 3D approach isn't going to work out as seamlessly as they'd think.

You collect 100 rings and get an extra life when it seems hardly anything can kill you let alone harm you. Seems sort of pointless, so I figure with the levels taking as long as they do it would make more sense to have 100 rings reduce the timer by a minute, and of course similarly instead of life boxes have -1 minute boxes too.

It serves no real purpose other than increasing the time bonus in the end, but it's at least a purpose at all. I can't figure out for the life of me what lives are supposed to do in a game with no threat to life. Plus it could theoretically have speed running application. Not sure what to do if you run into one with less than a minute, but I'm sure if redundant lives wasn't a problem neither is having zero seconds on the clock. Again it's not like it changes much other than the bonus.

They dont need to translate it to 3D. They need to find a good formula which they have with the boost. The problem is how long and costly good boost stages take to make. I know they can work fast because they pushed out unleashed just 2 years after 06. But they just stopped trying to make fast fun boost stages after that for some reason and it reached its lowest with lost world when they gutted it and tried to make a new shitty slow game with yet another focus on gimmicks

youtube.com/watch?v=kTl3h39abxc

Post music

Yeah a platformer being a platformer is fucking stupid and pace breaking. I'd rather have an Adventure 3 with fast paced treasure hunting, tedious beyond words walker levels, and more linear Sonic stages to top it off. You are a dumbass.

which sonic character has the smelliest feet?

They're animals, what do you think?

tell me user

Animals are always smelly

yeah, which is why I asked who's the smelliest

Do you really wanna know?

yes :3
inb4 "you"

Really glad this game was announced. Finally BTFO all the people who keep claiming games are coming to the NX but "they can't announce that it is yet!!!"

Like hours before people were like "Sonic Mania is OBVIOUSLY gonna be on the NX, they just can't say it" and then bam, this game gets announced and says explicitly it will be coming on the NX.

Maria

>humie
no ty

What to expect from a girl with aids?

>"The thing I want is coming out so why bother releasing something anyone else would want? As long as I get what I want, they shouldn't have to bother with anything else. Who cares about anyone other than me?"

Modern fans are going to get another 2D heavy game with classic sonic. Classic fans are getting mania which will stomp this game. Adventure fans get nothing

Thats all im saying. This game is literally being made for no one in particular and its just crazy to think about its circumstance

How do you know it's gonna be 2D heavy? Besides, they said the gameplay's gonna be different from past games.

I'll have to actually see some gameplay first before I make any judgment, though. As it stands, all we have is a CG cutscene. It's impossible to tell how the game's gonna play based on that.

Because theyve radically shifted sonic, not only in personality and stories/writing but also gameplay since 2010. The trailer shows sonic using moves that resemble abilities in the boost games. They think people applaud when there is shitty 2D sections shoved in their face. Modern fans are tired of that and want a fully or majority 3D game and classic fans have mania which they have no room to ask for anything else because its perfect for them. Dont be retarded, its evident to see how its going to play

I don't see much reason to think they're lying after said it was gonna be different.