When will you stop throwing money at the conman?

You know you can get DRM free games from Humble Bundles, right? I got Tharsis and Runestone Keeper for $0.20 each.

Every time people say gaming is an expensive hobby I grimace. People buying games at full price at release or at a small discount for pre-purchasing them is not as crazy as it's stupid.

Please, stop being stupid. Stop falling for the lies and vidya will become great again.

Other urls found in this thread:

steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I bought the HB regularly.

I olso have a GOG account and the new "Connect" thing is giving me a lot of free DRM games.

I stopped using humble bundle when all the bundles started to be steam keys.

>I olso have a GOG account and the new "Connect" thing is giving me a lot of free DRM games.
That was a good move from them. I want to ditch Steam after the paid mods debacle, but I literally live there. I started just caring about DRM free games and the new GoG connect library thing is a godsend.

Confess, Cred Forums. When was the last time you misspent your money?

Confess, yes, but also brag. When was the last time you got great value for your cash?

The indie bundles are still all DRM free like they used to be. Not all of them, but you can still see many DRM free titles. I just give the steam keys to my friends so they can stop feeding Valve with their wallets.

>I just give the steam keys to my friends so they can stop feeding Valve with their wallets.
Let them waste their own money, the more games they have on steam the less likely they are to leave the sunk cost fallacy because they start thinking their steam account is worth something.

>When was the last time you misspent your money?
SFV. Pretty much the worst 60 eurobucks I've ever spent.

>Confess, yes, but also brag. When was the last time you got great value for your cash?
WC3:TFT
$60 for over 4000 hours of game time.
>Confess, Cred Forums. When was the last time you misspent your money?
The orange box
$60 for 2 hours of portal.
I liked portal but it wasn't worth $60.
Haven't bought a video game since.

That's an interesting approach.

What should I do with the unused keys then? I don't like key resellers and they're some sort of posioned gift.

I am sorry to hear that. Has this changed your mind about buying at pre-release or Early Access (SFV was, and still is EA, despite not being it advertised as such) games?

Some genres have totally different playtime/cost ratios. Didn't you play the rest of games in the OB? That can add quite a bit.

>What should I do with the unused keys then?
Nothing, or throw them all onto one steam account and sell it for $10.
>Didn't you play the rest of games in the OB? That can add quite a bit.
I had already beaten hl2/ep1, ep2 sucked ass compared to what we were promised and ended in the worst cliffhanger of all time. TF2 only serve to spit in my face considering I bought it because I liked TFC and TF, and all compared to either of those it was unplayable casual garbage, ontop of which it became free a few years later.

>internet goes out for 4 days due to shit wires
>open steam in offline mode
>try to play Deus Ex Mankind Divided
>"this game requires you to be online to play" "please sign into steam and go online"

I knew at this point I had made a fatal error buying anything on Steam

I thought I would be roasted by valve apologists. For me the flashpoint was the paid mods attempt and poor handling of it.

When was yours, Cred Forumsros?

>When was yours, Cred Forumsros?
I just stopped using it when I realized the only thing I was using it for was dota 2, and all things considered dota 2 sucks ass, steam just made it convenient to play shitty skinner box games.
I have maybe a couple hundred games on there but I can just pirate all that shit anyway.

I see. Sometimes you can get the DRM free version if you have it on Steam. Either pulling it from there or in the devs page, or else. The second one works with Prison Architect, for instance.

I uninstalled steam but kept my downloads for it, the only thing I still play out of that is planetside 2 since it doesn't try to boot steam immediately like all the rest of the shit.

steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

This website describes a method for "testing" if a steam game is DRM free.

You might find it useful to run them without Steam, even if they were downloaded from there originally.

Thanks user but it's a non-issue now, if I ever need a game that I already have on steam I just pirate it, digital games only have theoretical value anyway.

Sounds fine to me since you already paid them. Check GoG if you wish. They have a "library connection" feature now. It's still rather germinal, but it's still growing.

Thanks I'll look into it, I still sometimes use GOG but honestly I usually just buy physical shit, last 2 games I bought were witcher 3 and alien isolation and both of them had disks that were useful as something other than coasters and steam installers.

My pleasure. I'm too frugal* for physical copies and I would want to back them up somewhere anyway.

Keep them coming. No bullying here. Only confessions, bragging, squander feels, frugal feels and videogames.

*Of Jewish ancestors.

>and I would want to back them up somewhere anyway.
You can always rip the iso, protip, then you'll have a digital image of the disk forever, effectively piracy but without distribution it's 100% legal.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Once ripped the physical copy would just be another back up to me. I understand the appeal, though. A friend of mine does the same with books.