Good lord what went so horribly fucking wrong

Good lord what went so horribly fucking wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Absolutely nothing

Not a lot, it's a great game.

OPs attempt at shitposting however...

>Good lord what went so horribly fucking wrong
they made a greatest hits album instead of a new album.

walled up savage jho behind some annoying requests

More repetition and gathering quest than 4U, despite having more quests and monsters.

Well it's monster hunter.
And monster hunter has always been a shitty grindy franchise.
I really don't know what you were expecting.

I've played every MH since Dos, and P3rd + Gen are the only two I couldn't enjoy. I hear they're made by the same guy?

Thankfully MH4U isn't old yet so I can just keep playing that. That game's the polar opposite of Gen, might be the best in the franchise.

Nothing.

MH4U is just better.

>best
>That post game
Naw 3U is best.

It's a Monster Hunter game. If you were expecting it to be good, then you obviously don't know anything about Monster Hunter.

It came after this boring piece of shit and decided to go super flashy with everything being broken.

The only thing it's lacking is g-rank for me. Everything else about it has been great.

>The Bad

Styles are shit and ruin the game

Arts are shit and ruin the game.

The monsters are pathetic yet have five million HP in HR, making it feel like you're playing some online MMORPG instead of Monster Hunter.

0 tension, MH doesn't have a plot but it builds up hype and tension. Not in Gen though, here's a thing, go kill it.

THAT FUCKING ENDING SEQUENCE HOLY SHIT YES I MAD

>The Good

The five new monsters are great and I look forward to MH5 doing them justice.

Cool music.

an easy question with an easy answer my user friend!

its on a 240p 3ds and not a 4k ps4

Postgame is what I like most about 4U. No offense but 3U was too easy, all they do is dump you in the arena fighting two monsters which, while hectic, gets really annoying really quickly and tosses balance out the window.

4U had the right idea, Apex are terrifying no matter how good you get. It gives you a final obstacle, a reason for all the weapons and armors you build.

>MH doesn't have a plot but it builds up hype and tension.
The only MH that had tension was the first one.

^This.

Anything wrong with it can be said to be a result of being an in-between spinoff best-of collection of a game. And to that end, its forgivable. Its a perfectly serviceable MH.

>Greatest hits
>No Jumbo

AYYYYYYYYYY

4U was more of a greatest hits because at least it had Dundroma

>4U was more of a greatest hits
except 4U was a new game.

And greatest hits in one. Gen has no reason for existing.

I really hope the next mainline title doesn't include Aerial and Adept

Arts I'm not so sure about since some of them actually contribute to the weapon in a meaningful way, but a lot of them are shit and both Absolute dodges shat on 90% of them anyway because free iframes

Demon Riot + Energy Charge completely ruins the gimmick of SA

not into MH (i wish i was into it but few times i've tried i'm unable to enjoy it)
jumbo is a gays and lesbian comercial center here

4U > 3U > MHFU > Tri > Dos > Gen > MH1 >>>> P3rd

At least they're completely optional. Sadly even going pure Guild didn't make gen as good as we hoped.

Yeah I just went through the bulk of Gen with just Guild and Striker, game was still easy

I can forgive the latter existing if only because it at least tries to modify the moveset in subtle ways, though it's either for better (SnS, Lance, CB) or worse (HH, IG) in most cases

Must admit I felt more tension in MH1 compared to every other MH
>Trying to do that village garuga quest for the first time ever with LR gear

>Trying to kill cephalos for the first time ever
>Didn't know sonic bombs existed or how to make them
>Mfw cephadrome without sonic bombs

>Walk to new area
>See monster flying, about to leave the area
>It spots me
>Comes back to land to rekt me

>Rath about to leave
>Paintball him
>He flies every fucking where

>tfw no mhgenerations on vita

why did you buy a vita knowing nintendo has the monster hunter monopoly?

>ps4
>4k

round force III

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing.

Seems like it's time to post this in every thread again.

What happened in TKS?

You mean TGS? Nothing happened.

Have you been salting up your tears for my consumption?

Why? I'm a man, I only cry watching sad chinese cartoons.

Nice shitpost

>play gen singleplayer
>kill glavenus

that's it? what the fuck?

You should take a quick look at hellblade
lets not forget "best" weapons require you to farm that meme loving fuck

Did you rike it?

what about if I can't connect to internet

super fucking short
could've been a good monster hunter if it was long and more difficult

it's just for babbies

>It's another "I wanted it NOW before the G/U version" poster

>>could've been a good monster hunter if it was long and more difficult
So, you skipped everything but key quests? Got it.
There's always 2 kind of people, those that call it short AKA people that rushed key quests and probably will never get to face amatsu/memetron, and those who call it fucking horrible and did every single gathering quest on existence despite taking 200~ hours before completing every single quest

I did every request and some other quests before key quests and getting to the next village star
now I have almost every village quest done
I didn't rush

>G/U version
user...

>almost
>I haven't even finished the game
>the game is too short though

It's a little too casual friendly but this series needs more players anyway.

We'll know just how much damage generations did with the next entry.

A lot of new ideas which are obviously being tested and not quite there yet
Just seeing old places again isn't that amazing, especially when parts of the hub are blocked off
Lots of gathering, in a game more aimed at old players who are sick of it

can you read
I finished every key quest, and a lot more
the remaining quests are shitty gathering quests from low stars

>A lot of new ideas which are obviously being tested and not quite there yet
Which is not something the western audience likes.

Japs like new features we hate them. So let them playtest this shit,
We should not get the first version of games.

>the remaining quests are shitty gathering quests from low stars

Maybe, just maybe you should try doing them? mmmm?

I don't mind the styles. I like the evasion style with a hammer. Charged up blue hammer on a perfect evade, smash them in the face. Fun.

Aerial was countered by increasing the numbers required to mount by like 10 fold, but it's still missing something. MH4u had mounting being essentially a gimme every time you attempted from a static location, and that wasn't right, either. Maybe require jumping off static areas, but increasing the jump distance and height by like 2 times a regular person, with double the entry fee from 4u for a mount. Then give them something additional to compensate, like causing bleeding during the stabs, or something.

why? they don't unlock anything
I'm doing them slowly, but just for having everything completed

>adept hammer
>with provoke
>with taunt
>with 3 gunners

Most fun I had in MHGen.

>buy Generations
>get a Circle Pad Pro
>don't even play it because it was shit to begin with
rip

>why?
Because.

That does sound like fun.

I'm going to be honest, I've got like 400 hours of MH under my belt, and 380 of them I used the hammer, exclusively. I just started 4u again with the intention of using a bow, but I could not fucking get a grip on it. I opted to use the SnS. It's kind of neat. I'm finishing up the village, though, and I've barely managed to cut more than a few tails.

The series does have some pretty heavy padding at times, but mhgen is probably the most blatant.

>kill 50 bnahahnabra because
>do this quest 4 times for everyone in your party because
>do the same quests again but as cats because
>grind some random shit to upgrade your weapon before you can upgrade your weapon because

Also the flagship monsters are shit aside for glavenus, he should've been the only one.

What's the difference with the prowler/hunter thing?

Is there any reason to do both?
Coming from 2big3U this is jarring as fuck, now I can have two cats and be a cat? Fucking arts? guilds? what.

styles and arts are terrible and should be removed because i don't get to have fun with them
;_;

damn fuccboi

Okay.

But you also lose your double notes then.

Double notes are nice, but all they did for me was let me use sets without Maestro.
With 4U's clownsuit shitfest, I could put Maestro on pretty much any good skill set.

I'm this guy. I've only tried out the hunting horn very briefly, but I figured it would be a close approximation to the shit I've put hours into. When I tried it out for like, 10 minutes, it seemed like it had amazing range but it felt unwieldy as fuck. Got some tips?

How are you playing HH if double notes have not improved your Hunts by an insane amount?

7* turns:
58-7337-6298-1802

Backswing on the head until the monsters stop moving.
Okay, I'll admit double notes helped a lot with song upkeep.
I still feel like I'm missing out on arts and styles, though.

>replying to obvious bait
Not that it would be hard to run it in 4K on PS4 with the number of polygons you can count on your hands.

Absolute Readiness is amazing.
I use guild and absolute evasion and readiness which means I never have to sharpen and if I have to heal I can just jump out, heal and then instantly jump back into the fight.

Yeah some good HH specific arts would have been nice too but I don't feel like HH is lacking.

Here's that MH4 HD you ordered senpai.

Monster Hunter Online for english release

aerial trivializing literally every single fight
adept being baby mode
absolute readiness/evasion for obvious fucking reasons
hellblade weapons the game
pick a rath color and their armor skills the game
no g rank means monster lose out on movesets (rajang completely neutered without the triple cannonball)

shit game