What do you think of the new mtg Kaladesh set?

The flavour and power of cards are pretty interesting, but the high printing will likely cause price crash.

>steampunk india set
>poo planeswalker

I like the aesthetic but vehicles are a stupid concept and there aren't any good commanders.

OP to the point of not being funny
tell me how the white/green player should deal with this
we're talking about duels right?

Doubling season and mirari's wake.

thanks bud, when it comes to magic i'm still green

What's the new gimmick

I haven't played since the original release of Eldrazi

I used to play Magic Duels. Is it still worth playing or have they fucked it up somehow?

No problem.
In general anything that'll boost token and counter creation is good in this set. I think the best flow for green/white in this set would be something like panharmonicon and all the energy counter cards for those colors and all ETB effect creatures.

Vehicles and energy counters.

Crew is pure power creep and Power Tokens are just another mana pool.

Crew sucks, you're not going to tap a 4/4 to crew something and you can just blow up weak creatures en-mass with just about any mass removal regardless of how weak.

play fumigate and nissa. get energy control board and win.

Why wouldn't you tap a 4/4, 3/3, or 3/2 to turn it into a 6/5 with flying and a passive effect that lets it deal 3 damage to target creature or player when it attacks?

Maybe if it actually turned into that thing, instead of using up 2 creatures to do 9 damage total, I can name a hundred creatures which can do better on their own than the best vehicle in the game.

Please name a few then. We're talking about origins here, keep that in mind.

I like the art, very lightly.

I have no idea what cards origins has, I assume it's all just modern.
Sheoldred
>6/6 swampwalk, guaranteed 6 damage a turn
>forces opponent to sacrifice a creature, effectively your shitty 3 damage effect except always gets a kill
>brings back a creature from grave to field ontop of that

>Better than a colorless 2 drop 3/3 flier with an optinal loot effect that can be crewed by the overwehlming majority of tokens
>Better than 6/5 flier that bolts on entering and attacking

Retarded, never actually played the game or trolling. Probably all three. Also Lupine Prototype is a thing, so there you go, a colorless two drop whose ability may as well be "Can crew any vehicle printed right now"

do you guys know the sjw controversy thing about this setting? I heard SJWs bullied an MTG youtuber namely MTGHeadQuarters for some reason.

>Lupine Prototype
Great, you drop that and wait for your airship while I beat the shit out of you for turns in a row.
You still need a MINIMUM of 2 cards to make use of crew shit which is why it'll always be terrible.

Vehicles - First time this artifact type has ever been in magic. Basically, you need a certain amount of creatures to "crew" a vehicle to turn it from an artifact to an artifact creature. Even as an artifact, it has power and toughness, which doesn't matter until its a creature. Personally, I would have liked for vehicles to not be creatures, but instead add some text like "vehicles can attack and defend like creatures, but they are not creatures." Its stupid you can use "Murder" to destroy a vehicle. Also, the creatures who "crew" the vehicle don't die when the vehicle is destroyed.

Energy counters - This is probably the best mechanic of the new set and should be in every set from here on out. They're a new mana source created by non-lands essentially. You pay a certain amount of energy counters to do a variety of things, just like mana, but energy sources don't stay after paying them like lands/mana sources, making using energy counters at the right time much more important.

Fabricate N - "When this creature enters the battlefield, you can choose to put N +1/+1 counters on it or put N 1/1 servo artifact creatures." Basic mechanic, nothing too interesting.

The only controversy worth shit about MTG is knowing that it's devil magic and it'll send your kids straight to hell if they play it, SJWs have nothing on that.

>tell me how the white/green player should deal with this
u wot? green clue is still easily the strongest archetype and has only gotten stronger from this deck.

>Flavor and style
10/10 I love it everything about it and I fucking love the prerelease boxes.

>Power
4/10 very very hit or miss. A lot of interesting ideas but with such a small card pool none feel very fleshed out. Saw only two decks at my prerelease GU control and RW aggro. I never even saw one black card played.

>Value
0/10. One of the most common things I've heard at both the prerelease and yesterdays draft was "I didn't pull anything of value."

There are two reasons for this. The firs is the power level being so weird. Once the second set hits and we get more cards to flesh out the set mechanics and ideas out this may change. The second are the masterworks. They hold all the value. People are ripping open packs for them. Since it take FIVE boxes to have a reasonable chance of getting one it means a ton of packs are being opened driving the prices of regular cards down hard. For the first time my store is refusing to buy cards from Kaladesh because they are afraid of just bottomed out the prices are going to get.

Overall
4/10. Was a pretty bad prerelease and release to be honest. No one seemed too happy. With the power level no one really got any cards they wanted to play and with the value being shot no one got any money cards to sell to get the cards they wanted from past sets.

Aether Revolt could change things but unless power level takes a sharp up turn to get people excited about new cards the game is in hot water. Masterworks were a bad bad idea.

fuck off

SJWs have a loud voice in the community because WotC is on the west coast.

And it's more about youtuber drama behind the scenes from a few years ago than it is the fact that he's not politically correct enough, they're just using the fact that he made a joke about planswalker only bathrooms to get back at him because Wedge (TheManaSource) hates Jeremy with a passion, is fucking suicidal, and is on their good side.

They gave you a dwarf and the U/G artificer is legit. They even gave mono blue artifacts an "everything has hexproof" commander.

I think you're just shit at making decks user.

>Dwarves are back
Best fucking thing about this set. Shame they'll be gone next set, though.

White and Green are the most powerful colors in standard. What faggotry are you implying.

"I assume it's all just modern"
>Compares a limited/standard staple to one of the most historically powerful creature cards in black

Why can't you people show up to my LGS for friday night magic.

No you don't. You can use Pupper to singlehandedly crew any vehicle. The vehicle taps him, so it avoids the hellbent clause. You literally only need one creature to pilot vehicles as long as your deck is built for that purpose.

And if it's not and you're trying to do it anyway, you're an idiot.