Classic Resident Evil health system in RE7

So Famitsu had a lot of new screenshots from RE7. One of which confirms the old RE1-CV health display.

The more screenshots they show, the more i'm getting convinced they're basically remaking RE1 wholesale in terms of setting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fXYLjsj1ft8?t=6m15s
youtu.be/iPr6Oq2x4PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=U4ZPHtzmvCE
youtube.com/watch?v=tPyqlDbHwlE
youtu.be/RgS_la-zKss
youtube.com/watch?v=r3SwvRntnyA
youtube.com/watch?v=vMz6bhXyNZc
youtu.be/4PtxDcKOToc?t=9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3/?

At this point we're blatantly using the colors and design choices of the original PS1 mansion

post more

Last of the new screenshots, but look at how fucked up Ethan's hand is

And if you are wondering what gives away the health system. Look at Ethan's watch in the two screenshots and tell me it doesn't remind you of something

The clock seems to show your health here, right? Looks like they´re showing the HUD ingame like Dead Space, and I´m totally okay with this

no it doesn't, stop shilling your outlast clone you fucking faggot

>Implying Outlast had combat

If anything it's Alien Isolation

RE7 degenerates should kill themselves like the RE4, RE5, RE6, RE Revelations 1 & 2 degenerates

>no mention of 0 or spinoff degeneracy

That green line just looks like it's showing the framerate desu. Especially with that stuff in the top left corner that looks like some console showing other data. I thought the heartbeat health thingy was already confirmed as a watch or something though.

What he's referring to is the green line on the character's wrist you can see here:

But user Code Veronica is worst Resident Evil

Oh, and also in the OP picture. That's much clearer actually.

RE7 will be great. RE4-6 fags can fuck off.

Oh fuck I'm blind that's the one. Still it was shown at least a month ago so it's nothing new.

I just noticed that the RE games that don't play like the originals (4-6, RE 1+2, O:RC, Survivors 1+2, Gaiden, Chronicles 1+2, Mercenaries) now outnumber the classics (1-3, CV, Outbreak 1+2, Zero, Both REmakes).

>be a degenerate for liking the only resident evil that hasn't aged like spoiled milk
So what am I supposed to call the retards that defend tank controls as a proper horror videogame element?

>At this point we're blatantly using the colors and design choices of the original PS1 mansion
...what? I´m not seeing it.
That lower shot is like straight out of PT, with new coat of paint.

where do you get the machine gun in RE1?

it better be something similar to resident evil 4 or the games before. RE 6 is so shit it just QTEs and cutscenes, kinda like the shift from MP2 to MP3 it just got dummed down and cutscenes up the ass

I'm so fucking intigued by RE7.

The more they show the better it seems to be shaping up. I really want this shit to really put Resident Evil back on the map.

The top image of reminds me of rooms like pic related. Unlike say REmake or the newer games, they're back to using colors in the mansion, we have yellows and blues and all sorts.

>Those stitch marks
Are we going to some messed up shit happen to the player character in first person?
Bioshock Infinite DLCs lobotomy scene was one of the first things to really make me cringe in a long time, this might do the same.

>Welcome to the family son.
>Boy's gotta have his supper!

MC's infected.

It appears to be a switch. Push it?

Snake Key?

Jesus, his hand. That one user was right. I guess Ethan does get infected.

IS THE MERCHANT GONNA BE IN IT?? really feel like he needs to comeback, maybe sell you some shit and say his lines

>Wanting meme characters in a serious horror game

>is like straight out of PT
Hi underage faggot.
That's literally a corner of resident evil 1, near where you find the shotgun.

>Wanting meme characters from the game that killed the franchise

>RE
>serious
thats what went wrong, playing six RN on my tripple and its so shit and serious, unless you want another game like 6.

you are small time user

RE6 wasn't serious at all.

They just made Leon serious because Jake was the new quipkid.

Damn the art direction is wonderful, I feel so nostalgic right now

>RE6
>Serious

You've got to be fucking with me. Jake literally suplexes the Nemesis ripoff

>RE6 Leon
>serious

You must be joking, nigga.

So it's still a FPS then?

Fuck off.

i havent got past Leons campaign yet so i thought the whole game would be like this, they ruined best character desu. the game feels more serious without the banter and long ass cutscenes

Looks pretty good so far. The atmosphere feels like old RE games like pic related
Worried it might turn out to be an Outlast clone but quite confident in it. Still on the fence for it though. Really, hope they don't add in any form of cheap jump scare shit, fuck that.

Did you play the game? He's drab as fuck and almost never cracks a joke in 6.

I can't remember a single line.

>Worried it might turn out to be an Outlast clone
Outlast is just a linear horror/stealth game. There are weapons and riddles in RE7.

Nvm it's from REmake

Literally the dumbest shit

youtu.be/fXYLjsj1ft8?t=6m15s

RE7 threads are cancer.

>So what's so special about this church? You have some sins to confess?
>Shouldn't sleep on the job.
>Welcome to the club. You get used to it.
>A lightning rod! If he absorbed that he'd be in for a shock.

That's off the top of my head. His delivery was dry as sticks but the tongue-in-cheek shit was definitely there.

Don't suppose that thing can fly a plane, do ya?

What the fuck happened with that stupid finger everybody was obsessed with for a month?

Why would you trust a company who can't even do a tiny hype PT ripoff teaser correctly.

They updated the game and now it attaches to a hand.

They'll update it again probably.

do we know anything about the game? will i be able to buy and upgrade shit and manage my inventory or will it take the path of 6?

Doubt there will be upgrading, it's more designed like old RE; it has item boxes.

Inventory works like RE1 but with 12 slots, only some items take up more slots. Like RE4.

They basically put the finger in just to fuck with you. The update really only added on more room, with a key to door that isn't even in the demo.
It pretty much leaves off with a joking promise that you might see some of that stuff work in the next version.

So they are doing it "right," but only if you're okay with getting cockteased by this stuff.

Just how fucked is the gaming industry that, "Will be like a game that came out 20 years ago," is something that we're actually getting excited for?

I hate the new first person horrors games it looks just so stupid. Why are they copying Outlast? They should have just remake first Resident Evil with Evil Within style of gameplay.

>"Will be like a game that came out 20 years ago"

That's always existed though, in every medium.

Just look at all the 80's nostalgia sweeping TV and movies. "The good ol' days" will always be a marketing shtick.

>I hate the new first person horrors games it looks just so stupid. Why are they copying Outlast? They should have just remake first Resident Evil with Evil Within style of gameplay.

It looks nothing like Outlast though, if anything it seems more like Alien Isolation.

Also Resident Evil 1 with TEW gameplay is a horrible idea. Would not work well at all.

>>A lightning rod! If he absorbed that he'd be in for a shock.

C-movie tier.

I think it's exclusive to the PC version.

>a re-imagining/reboot of RE1
>not a fantastic idea

If anything this makes me actually interested in the game now. Especially since they promised there is going to be combat. This is what RE has needed for awhile now since the gameplay introduced in RE4 has run it's course and it's obvious they won't be going back to the static camera tank control RE games besides for maybe REmake 2.

>re-imagining of RE1

will THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING return?

spencer mansion blew up didn't it?

RE1 (original) still has the eeriest atmosphere in the series. REmake is neat and all and is the first runner up, with 2, but RE1 is still the best in the atmosphere field

the noises the zombies make in the original re1 are still the best

The more I hear the more I like. The only way to have made the last 4 games survival horror is if you were one of the zombies running for your life from that gunship of a player character.

Yeah, why?

About to play Chris's campaign in REmake for the first time ever. Can't decide between the original skin or the RE5 Chris. RE5 Chris ruins the immersion a lot but original Chris is easily the worst fucking character design ever, it looks dorky as shit. I wish they included CV Chris, he was perfection.

It could be worse.

Just fuck my Chris up.

It was the 90s dude. Deal with it. But you're playing the nintendo version anyway so who gives a damn what you do.

He looks like that dude from Damnation now.

what the FUCK is that

Chris from the upcoming (third) CGI resi movie.

So just really really small rooms with easy puzzles ? I thought we'd have some outside levels and shit

If you've never seen this, you don't know shit about Resident Evil. The way RE7 is remains somewhat true to what RE originally was.
The only differences being perspective and storytelling style.

>accurate ammo boxes

nice.

>If anything this makes me actually interested in the game now. Especially since they promised there is going to be combat. This is what RE has needed for awhile now since the gameplay introduced in RE4 has run it's course and it's obvious they won't be going back to the static camera tank control RE games besides for maybe REmake 2.

This, it was time for another major change.

I think the idea of a First Person Resident Evil 1 is fucking fantastic. Granted, they haven't showed the good things we've heard about it. But man, if Capcom actually Metroid Prime's this shit? Oh boy will it be great.

Also that Save Room theme:
youtu.be/iPr6Oq2x4PQ

easily the shittiest save theme in the series.

>tfw you enjoy all the RE games and will probably enjoy RE7

Feelsgood

CGI is being done by SEGA CGI studio in this 3rd movie. That's why it looks so bad.

Evil Within was shit.

>So just really really small rooms with easy puzzles ?

No, the game has outdoor area. That's either the begging or one of the 4 short-stories.

The making of has already shown a swamp and a cave.

>I think the idea of a First Person Resident Evil 1 is fucking fantastic.

>mfw i dislike FPS games
>but i'm loving everything about this RE7 including the first person camera

The Louisiana setting, the graphics, the slow pace survival horror vibes, everything clicks with me. I like it all.

I don't know, I like it.

>Louisiana setting

Who wants to bet the game will go full blown libtard and do political commentary about slavery and the KKK?

Well it's clear to me that much, that you don't know. Compare it to this, even your pleb mind must notice the difference.

youtube.com/watch?v=U4ZPHtzmvCE
youtube.com/watch?v=tPyqlDbHwlE

RE save themes simply must be soft synth/piano pieces. This wanna-be Texas Chainsaw Gears of Evil 4 upsetting noise shit just doesn't come even remotely close.

Most people on Cred Forums weren't even old enough to have played this game on release. The appreciation for RE1 is so low on this board and it's exactly because of how underaged this board really is.

There is no denying it. It's because of RE1 that survival horror got any sort of popularity. Had it not been for RE1 it is highly likely the genre would have never took off at all or it would be in a much worst position. RE1 is legendary and did just about everything right. Including these live actors.

His CV outfit is unlocked after you beat the game twice with him. I know that doesn't really help since this is your first playthrough, but I thought you might like to know.

Everyone can have preferences, user. Calm down.

I think It's great, strikes that balance between comforting and creepy.

Sounds like a beautiful song broken and about to fall apart, very fitting for a save room theme and the temporarly safety it brings.

Aw shit my negro thanks, I indeed did not know that.

But most prominently today, when original ideas are both rare and suppressed.

Not the best but it's pretty decent actually for a horror game. Reminds me a bit of Silent Hill.

>implying based KKKapcom wont have a section where you have to whip the plantation niggers to keep them in line

I was actually thinking of Parasite Eve 2. Some save rooms in PE2, have that same exact "WOOB" sound in the background.

The one from CV sounds incrediby cheesy. It doesn't fit the atmosphere at all.

>it's actually a fucking PT-esque-looking game
Hate to be that guy, but I absolutely don't like the direction at all. My personal problem is that I associate it immediately with fucking Outlast, one of the worst fucking horror games I've ever played it. Same thing with Alien: Isolation. I was genuinely hoping that it's going to be some ARG shit. What an idiot I am.

>It's actually a fucking PT-esque-looking game

What the fuck does this even mean? It's first person and set mostly indoors?

The confirmed mechanics already make it nothing like PT or Outlast.

Dorky Chris is my favorite Chris.

he looks like the jew from American Pie

>set mostly indoors?
It also has outdoor segments and an underground tunnel, which probably leads to you-know-what.

>never able to finish most RE games because of the spiders same with skyrim

why do they make them so scarey?

Thoughts on the new inventory?

Woah, I never noticed that Chris had a beard.

Good now get rid of the first person shit and we're golden.

>but but they've done it in the past@!!!

Spinoffs.

Looks a lot like the old inventory.

>It's first person and set mostly indoors?

It takes place in an entire ranch. Considering the lantern demo shows hidden passages and tunnels, god knows how many secrets this ranch hides.

Pic related for example, looks far away from the mansion.

First Person is how the game is designed dude. They said it was planned right from the start.

Fixed camera aint happening and RE4 camera would be terrible for this kind of game.

I seriously hope it doesn't mean that it was designed to be filled with cheesy in-your-face screamers.

Some items now take up more than one slot though.

Same as the old inventory.

Well, the game will indeed suck if it's just set piece scares, but a few is ok. RE has always had them.

The ghost girl will probably be as screamer as it gets

1st of spooktober
what RE will you be replayan?

I'm probably going to pick up that remastered original and 100% it. Might as well buy the other Capcom's zombie game, called Dead Rising, and play it for the first time.

heavily recommend you to look up some youtube vids on Dead Shilling
that game feels like an even more arcade GTA with cheats on. its a mindless action title

Planned to play RE HD, but my controller just died. Is this shit even playable on kbm ?

>It's a mindless action title.
Not at all.

First Dead Rising is a flawed but extremely unique game. There's nothing else quite like it. It's 3 and 4 that are generic

Dude there is an on-screen kill counter at all times. Get a grip.

So? The game design is still far from mindless.

The way the game is laid out is wholey unique. DR3 and 4 are the mindless action games, little to no timer and generic Open world.

Thanks for confirming that you never played it.

>Same as Zero's inventory

ftfy

>its a mindless action title
But the best way to survive on your first playthrough is to literally avoid everything.

Need to see combat. Until then its not worth my time. I wat it to be good of course but without combat of value it'll be a pass.

That's some prime nostalgia

>Has item boxes.

Already better than that piece of shit.

youtu.be/RgS_la-zKss
tell me again how RE7 isnt a watered down rip off

ok here i go: it's not.

anyway OP i'm looking forward to it, it helps that i'm a frictional games fanboy so solid first person horror i'm all about. hope it's good, it's looking nice so far.

>WELCOM TO THE FAMILY, SON!

Either RE1 DS or RE2.

demo update when?

It took them 3 months to add a room and new 4 items. So another 3 months for another room and a cutscene.

>I'm only 10 years old and have only played shooters! first person is best, damnit, otherwise I can't self-insert into my shallow power fantasy!

I'm looking forward to the return of the Jill-sandwich making machine myself.

When will they welcome PCucks to the family?

>Having to resort to calling anyone interested in RE7 underage.

You're going to have to do better than that.

>that uniform
I want that in the REmakes. ;_;

>RE7 has you reliving found footage via tapes
>mfw some of the found footage is from CCTV cameras and you control the characters from fixed camera angles using tank controls

Will someone be my friend

>try to play these sections in VR
>get dizzy and die

An RE thread without No Way Fag? Let me be of service.

Oh nice, PT is being made.

And resi 1 and 2's inventory, what's you'r point?

when does it come out? will it be moddable? whe do i join the family?

Thread's full of shitposting & sperglords right now. They'll probably shitpost about RE4 too, better not.

Last thread was great though.

This guy understands

Dino Crisis is the best RE game

RE4 is best game desu

I like how subtly key keep japanifying the characters

First person is an interesting choice for horror. I wonder if it's gonna be alien isolation type death animations. Getting decapped in first person is gonna be less visceral than third person. eg dead space vs a:i

Horror RE is fucking boring from a gameplay standpoint. RE4 was the first game in the series that was actually fun to play.

Maybe if you were autistic or you simply like shooting shit more than adventure/exploration aspects.

And thus did the bait run free

If you really like exploring so much then play a fucking walking simulator you fag. Pic related, it's your kind of game. Lots of adventure/exploration to be had.

>if you really like exploring play a fucking game that has arguably worse exploring even than RE4

Yeah nah. If you like shooting so much go play fucking call of duty you ADD twat and take your shit taste with you.

Why are you trying so hard?

The best we can hope for is re7 to be as good as Alien:Isolation but maybe a better last half of the game.

Make no mistake normies will eat this shit up even if it's as bad as outlast, etc;

>I wonder if it's gonna be alien isolation type death animations.

In the lantern demo, the death is Isolation style. Which means in most tapes it will be Isolation style.

>i'm getting convinced they're basically remaking RE1 wholesale in terms of setting.
Too good to be true. It might be a similar setting, but it won't have the right kind of combat or characterization to generate the same kind of tension and atmosphere RE1 had.

>Dur hurr anyone who thinks survival horror is boring is an ADD cawadooty kid

I don't play games for an "experience", I play them to interact with their core mechanics. Otherwise, I might as well watch a movie or read a book if I only want a sense of wonder, which is all you get from exploration. Killing enemies in survival horror games is slow and clunky. Excuse me for wanting to play a game in which interacting with the main challenge the game has to offer is actually satisfying and not a god damn chore for the sake of "muh immersion and atmosphere".

Its.. almost.... as if.... people play games... for different.... reasons

WHEW LAD

I'm replaying RE6 right now because I've replayed all the others a minimum of 3 times already.

I prefer to play with the keyboard, turning around corners felt better than with the controller

4 isn't even out yet

By the trailers you can tell it's a LE WACKY MEMES SAINTS ROW tier.

Yeah, but the gameplay footage and trailers were really silly and didn't feel like the earlier Dead Rising games at all.
"Ugh, I hate food court zombies!!"
Pretty cringy, desu senpai

Darn them and their underground labs.

honestly the resident evil zero save room theme sounds like a fucking pikmin or animal crossings song
if your going to shitpost at least pick some GOOD songs
youtube.com/watch?v=r3SwvRntnyA
youtube.com/watch?v=vMz6bhXyNZc
faggot

Nostalgiafags are the ones that must go, bunch of loud crybabies fuck off

>RE2 save theme
Now that's what I'm talking about.

Reminds me of the main character of Binary Domain.

It doesn't.

It's called a diagetic HUD. Dead Space is a good example as is a lot of scifi shooters such as Halo.

I remember when they showed this at E3, I flipped the fuck out

it seems promising

You know that just because you have guns doesn't make it a shooter right?

I know this is bait but I guess you haven't playee condemned.

Will there at least be some zombies? Have they even showed the combat yet?

I remember watching it for the first time live at E3 and wondering what the hell it was. Suddenly "Resident Evil 7" pops up at the end of the trailer, i was like "what the".

I need this game to be good

The what the fuck factor was amazing.

I remember thinking "Hahaha what if this is Resident Evil 7". My jaw fucking drop from pure shock.

>Watching this at E3
>Oh a new horror game, but it doesn't look like something I'd be interested in
>That's Resident Evil? What the hell?

>Look at Ethan's watch in the two screenshots and tell me it doesn't remind you of something

Oh, that's pretty clever.

Reminds me of that one track from Max Payne 3

youtu.be/4PtxDcKOToc?t=9s