KATAMARI THREAD

KATAMARI THREAD

Could a modern remake work/sell on current gen systems?

And thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=7_QydNXI_ok

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aYBeMRhCREE
youtu.be/JnNui_JEeLM
youtube.com/watch?v=oc8lNDxC4kM
youtube.com/watch?v=bzT73XKYAgA
youtube.com/watch?v=tWvxQgM7QPM
youtube.com/watch?v=bhfnVc49S_I
youtu.be/_TnGdouHcHI
youtu.be/1IMUSeMsxwI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forever > We Love > Touch My > Damacy > Beautiful > Me & My

>The series is over a decade old.

Where did all the years go?

Is Me & My worth a playthrough?

Always thought the PSP version would be average at best.

>tfw Australian
>never got to play the first game, only We Love Katamari

It was decent when it came out, but Touch My is a clear successor. The most you'll get out of Me & My is a hand cramp.

Seriously though, this acid trip of a game series started twelve years ago. I still remember X-Play's review of Katamari Damacy like it was yesterday, except now I'm a jaded twenty-five year old. Where the time go?

I changed the emulator's input to support analog stick instead of buttons so i think it will be more pleasant

has katamari ever sold? i remember trying the demo on xbox 360 which was very enjoyable but i never bought it either and didn't even know it was a series of games until now

What can be and is worth of emulating on PC?
I only played Forever.

Depends how you're playing it. Are you on a PSP? You're just going to have cramps and pains after an hour or so. If you're on an emulator you can probably make it more manageable. I just found it really painful and tough to play in comparison to something like the original PS2 one or the 360 version.

Yes, it's a pretty popular series.
Bamco even tried to ride its success with infinite mobile and portable spin-offs after the original creator left.

Played only two Katamari games (original and the PSP one) and enjoyed both. Is every other game more of the same, or are there unique differences or gimmicks involved?

if is anything to go by get the ps2 game "we love"

>Took one of the most original games of modern times
>Shamelessly rehashed it until nobody wanted to buy it anymore and the creator quit video games
Bravo Namco!

Of course a new Katamari game would work on the Xbone or PS4, it would be able to be the biggest and best Katamari game yet.
But Katamari Forever was basically a big ol' celebratory farewell to the mainline console games. The main director didn't want to make anymore entries while now they're constantly trying to make mobile ports that don't have any of the original soul and cheeriness the mainline PS2 games use to have.

We Love Katamari is the best PS2 one.

>Tfw when you get big enough to roll the King in We Love

Also Kinoko a best

you forgot Touch My

Takahashi abandoned Bamco but he's still creating vidya with a small indipendent studio, he's currently making Wattam

>Kinoko a best
FUJIO
U
J
I
O

Wattam looks very Takahashi.

>reading comprehension

Shit taste. Every game after Damacy was unnecessary and therefor inferior.

That's not Nickel, June, or Slip

>Beautiful
Good game
too bad the 360 control wasn't made for play katamari

Wasn't Beautiful more DLC then game?

Dashing was a nightmare

it just would need to be fun and not look like a fucking nintenturd gamecube title

join PS4/Xbone its cold and dark over there in the Wii shithole

but the katamari games came out on ps2 and xbox user, they were never on a nintendo console

I heard that the guy never really wanted to make more than one Katamari game or something isn't that right? I really enjoyed them but god I wish it was on PC, I'd kill for some like, map editors or new coops game modes.

Katamari was a series that was like 50% gameplay, 50% music.

I could just chill out playing the stages over and over due to the music.
It was the best.

It's brilliant gameplay mixed with an overall very original and Japanese atmosphere for the time. Who cares if you dunno what the songs are actually singing about? You're enjoying yourself too much to care.

same man. i also spent a ridiculous amount of time playing the levels where you start out tiny, and then just exploring the world from that perspective

Was there ever a level that started you off as the smallest and just let you go until you were the maximum size? I don't think there was.
Like you start as a small but not like, thimble size

fuck i'd play Katamari but with ultra realistic graphic style

Any specific PS2 emulator settings to get Katamari Damacy running on a toaster? It's fine like 50 percent of the time but the other 50 percent it's a slog.

Of course it would work, problem is it seems like they stopped trying with the series when it slowly became a best of rehash of itself game after game.

post good Katamari song
no Que Sera Sera, Lonely Rolling Star olz

Disco Prince
youtube.com/watch?v=aYBeMRhCREE

you will have to use the one analog stick the psp has, and the face buttons to roll (poor souls are the ones that use the d-pad instead), it will be awkward at first but if you managed to get used to it, you will enjoy it

So when do we get a quirky animal crossing style game with all the Cousins?

Katamari Mambo

youtu.be/JnNui_JEeLM

the games should just be released bundled every 10 years. not only do I think they'd sell, I think we'd see positive mental health effects in the population

blue orb is really good, especially when you blaze it

youtube.com/watch?v=oc8lNDxC4kM

Katamari Damacy only came back because the grumps started playing it and said it was good.

>forever over we love and damacy

not from katamari but just as good

youtube.com/watch?v=bzT73XKYAgA

I would love an HD Damacy on PS4.

youtube.com/watch?v=tWvxQgM7QPM

What about Wattam?

I bought Katamari Forever.
How good is that game compared to the rest of the series?

One of the weakest ones to be honest, the best are We Love, Damacy and Beatiful, in that order, everything else is filler.

The game is kind of like HD katamari collection, you have same levels from previous games with remixed music plus few new levels and story.

Really? I've heard the 360 version is kinda weak. Is it better than the PS3 port

I thought that was a good sequel. I'm having fun with it, but now I'm feeling like I'm missing a lot by playing Forever only

The game is good and it's like any katamari game with slight improvements.
I'm not sure why didn't you play release order but it's not like you can't play those older games after Forever, it's just that the game is a collection of levels from past games in the series.

The PS3 game is not a port from Beautiful, it's a different game, I personally prefer Beautiful over it because it has more varied levels.

Bluff Damacy passing through
youtube.com/watch?v=bhfnVc49S_I

youtu.be/_TnGdouHcHI
Does "Tap My Katamari" count?

If no to spoiler, then this one:
youtu.be/1IMUSeMsxwI

I always liked the part in the second where the girl goes "LOLOLOLOLOL"