Videogame trailer from 2000's

>Videogame trailer from 2000's
youtube.com/watch?v=35ZAOlC9uHQ

>Just 10 years forward it's:
youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

I think it's high time to reflect on what has gone so horribly wrong with pouring more money in game development cycle than ever before (not counting the marketing budget, but rather that stupid need to impress the audience with high polished graphics w/ fuck all of actual content / variety of gameplay mechanics)
>tfw alternative is this
youtube.com/watch?v=HskOcc1ILAM

So, since AAA titles have fuck all of variety, then why the hell should lazy indie devs bother with that?

>I think it's high time to reflect on what has gone so horribly wrong with pouring more money in game development cycle than ever before
No, fuck off. Anyone who's been here more than five minutes shares this opinion. There's nothing to fucking discuss because this has been a very common topic here since fucking 2011.

Now fuck off and make a decent thread instead of this stupid hivemind promoting bullshit.

i'm not a xenomorpth to promote the hivemind way of thinking, what the hell are you talking about?

Also, I wanted to go either for discussing a perfect/acceptable Wipeout knock-off for PC or list and discussion of extinct games (those, that are either unavailable to purchase or not available to download and/or emulate)

You're staying the bloody obvious as if it's some sort of revelation.

You may as well make a thread about how 2+2=4

ok then, if that's so bloody obvious - why the hell it's not gone yet?

Or have we just collectively lost our faith in humanity and just accepted all the things go inevitably to the shit state by default?

Is this gif hurting anyone else's brain?

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Holy shit, m8! I just figured out a perfect topic to discuss - why don't videogaming industry have imdb-equivalent yet?

It would be so much easier to predict the quality and the expectations of the product, if we could just see, who's the lead designer/producer is. I mean, that works 90% of the time for movies.

i actually physically tried it out - it works, but the total lenght of the bar gets sightly smaller.

I fast forwarded through both and if I needed to buy a game based on those I'd ignore both games as neither of the trailers show solid gameplay with UI and shit.

Camera tricks

trust me, retrospectively the former one would blow your fucking mind (and, compared to the modern trailer - it would actually meet your expectations 100%. That's the difference)

What's confusing about it? Seems straightforward to me.

No, but we know that as soon as anything becomes a big ass industry the most popular and mainstream stuff will be a victim of ridiculous homogenization because hey guess what
As budgets increase so does the desire to sell more and when you're literally trying to appeal to tens of millions of people at the same time you're not going to be doing anything particularly creative

Notice how he doesn't actually put it back altogether.

I forgot to mention that I did play Painkiller and it's a good game, but today, If I see trailers with no gameplay I am most likely to close the video and forget abot that game.

Yesterday I saw an "Arsenal" video of a Warhammer game, and while it only showed just barebones shootan it's still more than just scenery with music in the background.

When the gif loops you can clearly see the chocolate bar get bigger. that's where the extra piece is coming from.

ok - case is closed.

So, what about the imdb database? You can talk all day about Troika games going away, but that never means that people behind the company die too - I mean, hell, Jason Anderson has stepped his foot in both Inxile Entertainment AND Turtle Rock studios.

Don't you think you'd have an easier time to follow people instead of studios behind the game projects to predict the expectation from the game in development?

The chocolate is cut at an angle. You don't see the parts that's missing underneath.

You're welcome fags.

That's one heck of unhealthy Tobey Maguire in your picrelated

igdb does exist, but I am not sure how accurate it is and how much emphasis it puts on separate developer figures.

>igdb
nah, it's proto-imdb at best - again, they don't focus on people behind the game, just the companies.

unemployent is rough after being used to coke and shit

Yeah I am trying it now, there's separate info on companies, but again, no names to tag under specific games. I guess your best bet is here, anons really like to attribute games to a specific person.

or Wikipedia. I usually track down, where the people left from the companies, of which games I enjoyed the most.

Still, would be lovely to have a dedicated site for that kind of shit to track (I mean, everybody from dedicated fans know that one of the lead writers for WD season 1, Sean Vanaman, ended up working on Firewatch project, which also had fairly solid writing; not everybody knows that one of the Studio Liverpool employees - Karl Jones, the lead designer of bloody awesome Wipeout 2048 - went on working w/ Star Citiz... en.. oh)

sorry, forgot to attach picrelated

Hint: Pilot Kurlov is actually Karl Jones'es'es's face