S.T.A.L.K.E.R

I got Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl recently and oh man I'm just having so much fun. A feeling of satisfaction that I hadn't felt in a long time.

Great atmosphere that puts fallout 3 to shame, gunplay that might as well be called funplay and glorious slav accent that created a better roleplaying experience than most rpgs

Lets talk about this game, shall we?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0YOeH1uW0KU
mediafire.com/file/8wm243dsc0dlwm7/AMK1.4-installer+Patches+Retranslated.zip
mediafire.com/file/fbfgs0606k65jbi/AMK_Arsenal_V1.7z
mediafire.com/file/bm3b5z6rn6l3mmd/LURK Animations for AMK.7z
mediafire.com/file/3zm94ocma4pu1sl/Stalker Starter Packs.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Brace for fags trying to pretend it's a meme game.

It is odd how stalker suddenly came back into Cred Forums's psyche after all these years though.

its been popping in and out of this "psyche" all the time. your viewpoint is biased because you do not see every stalker post.

to be fair to them, I learnt of the game due to the memes and a retarded love I have for slavs. I didn't expect it to be really good and I was gladly surprised

Specially the level design

He's not wrong though, before Cred Forums used to have a lot of STALKER posts all the time. It kinda died down for a while

I tried to like this game but the head bobbing is too much for me. I don't get motion sickness usually even playing E.Y.E.

This one is just too much. I tried to disable the head bobbing but nothing is working so far.

I would say that from release we had like a good 6 year period of all stalker all the time, without any significant grumbling either, it was a darling, then it fucked off for a bit (or at least died down) and now the babbies all seem to hate it. Anyway, let's not sit here talking about fags that haven't even shown up, lest we become those fags.

Who has read Roadside Picnic or seen the film?

I think my favourite enduring part of the setting is the names of anomalies, I love how witches' brew etc turn up in metro.

>Get out of here Stalker!

By the way, I got shadows of chernobyl, but then I heard that the other games are just the same with added content
am I wrong or does this mean I should have gotten clear sky or call of pryat?

>gunplay that might as well be called funplay
user please

I blew his head

It was really fucking annoying, so I made a quicksave and just made one precise shoot to the head of that fag. Of course, I got killed, but it was satisfying

The Stalker General on /vg/ is a good resource for this kind of stuff. I got this from there:

>Removing Headbob/Head Bob/Head Bobbing/Shakey-Brakey Camera/Wake Up Spinning
Type "cam_inert 0.1" or "cam_inert 0" in the console to reduce or remove the camera inertia, which keeps the player moving, turning or swaying after the keyboard/mouse motion input has stopped.

If that's not enough: While the player is moving, the headbob motion is controlled by run_amplitude, walk_amplitude and maybe limp_amplitude under the [bobbing_effector] section in gamedata\config\misc\effectors.ltx. This file is included in many mods. Set those to zero to remove the head bobbing/swaying when moving, or just reduce them. ZRP has Modifier option for this.

Who else made it into the Military Checkpoint at the beginning if the game with only just the pistol? Shit was hard as fuck, and there's almost no loot there
Then a fucking helicopter came, and since I was playing AMK there were 2 APC's firing at me.

that´s because /vg/ was established in ~2012, and most vets kinda moved over yonder. Why spam endless Stalker threads, when you can just make a one, very long lasting General, with all the rookie info and tips at the very beginning, and just guide newfags there? At least, that was the idea at first.

Still, I do fondly remember those summer 2008 stalker threads on Cred Forums. Amazing times.

In case there are some new players interested in starting the STALKER series, Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links.

No mods, only latest patch OR the full Starter Pack first. Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs, avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be quite boring. Later gear performs a lot better than the start´s hobo shit.

cam_inert 0.1 to the console.

If that´s not enough, consult the ZRP mod´s Modifier.exe in the files, and look up the Headbobbing setting. I´d lower it to half.

Also, do use the FOV Switcher. The native FOV is waaay too low for modern widescreens.

Different games, different locations, different story and mechanics. Clear Sky shares part of its map with SoC, but is mechanically closer to CoP
Shadow of Chernobyl is the best one, though

>starting with AMK mod
you got some balls, mate. Wouldnt recommend doing that.

And no, I never even attempted raiding the army base before waaay later. And there´s tons of loot (=AKS74Us) to be "found".

If you knife him or use a silenced pistol no one will notice

why the best?

nah, didn't care much

The trilogy is an actual trilogy. They´re all different games with many changes and new content, but the style they´re made is the reason they are often called "standalone expansions". They are kinda like those Blue-Shift and Opposing Force packs for HL1, but in bigger scale.

I do recommend giving them all a shot, in the release order. Patch them all up with the Starter Packs, and you´re fine.

>starting with AMK
Nah, I already played Vanilla, but replayed again recently with AMK

Was there another adaptation, or is this the movie you're talking about?

never played any games in series
planning to do so this fall
is pirating this game ok? who owns the rights now? devs or some assholes?

for me the problem with that base wasn't so much the equipment I had than my skill. I had yet to git gud to be able to attempt tackling it

Best map, best atmosphere, better story and best mods

The others feels very empty

>Patch them all up with the Starter Packs
I was told NOT to put any mod just to experience the real game in my first play through

I am incredibly bad at this game. Can someone give me tips? I know about finding the hidden STALKER suit in the starter village. I want to know how to make better use of my ammo, or how to find more ammo. Also any general combat tips.

>why the best?
not him, but IMO, SoC has the best atmosphere, difficulty level / balance, best missions, best story, and overall it´s the best paced and structured game too. Also has the most + the best mods.

CS was quite rushed and kinda buggy. Some neat ideas and best visuals tho.
CoP is the most finetuned and stable game, with neat gameplay, but it´s very underwhelmingly easy and calm. Also kinda fugly without AbsoluteNature mod.

I think the original devs got the license again recently, but before that it belonged to some assholes

It's easier to mod the pirates versions because they don't get auto updated by steam, and some mods require earlier versions

>is pirating this game ok?
yes. Been for ages.
>who owns the rights now?
this jew fuck known as Sergei, the CEO of GSC, and the only owner + only remaining original member of the old team.

Consult this rookie guide for best start:

Starter packs are just bug fixes and general balance tweaks

it has always been on "original devs´" hands, as their CEO kicked everyone else out of the studio in early 2012, but kept the IP himself.

>Always play on MASTER difficulty
OP here, I haven't done that because I considered that I might as well learn to play in normal difficulty before dying 10.000 times on master difficulty

it IS a meme game though

>how to make better use of my ammo
Do not fucking shoot anything unless you goddamn have to, and learn to aim for the head.

>how to find more ammo
Explore and kill people.

Basically just git gud.

ah okay

>the CEO kicked everyone to keep the IP himself
what a fucking cunt

Don't rush, aim at the center of mass of your enemies, do side missions for the trader and buy ammo, later on, ammo will be way easier to find if you use the same ammo as most enemies

master difficulty isn't really a standard difficulty increase, you take more damage in master, but so do your enemies. It means you have to use less ammo but die easier.

thanks guys

I'm sure it's been said before, but if you're going to skip one it's Clear Skies. The differences between SoC and Call of Pripyat in terms of tone and polish are really startling and fun.

Unpopular opinion: I actually love the hobo stages at the beginning and I missed them in Call of Pripyat. I like going from fighting other hobos for their beans to being the god of the hobos with a proper automatic weapon etc.

Aaaaand I'm reinstalling SoC. I have the collector's edition here. The game on the actual disc is completely un fucking playable.

>that comparison pic
what's the catch

>their CEO kicked everyone else out of the studio in early 2012, but kept the IP himself.

Guess I know what ending HE got.
youtube.com/watch?v=0YOeH1uW0KU

>but so do your enemies
why the fuck nobody told me this

Anyone else wish the survival aspects were actually present and meaningful? You're never going to starve or totally run out of ammo, so what's the point?

Far Cry 3 is literally Skyrim with guns, shallow as fuck, gunplay is very unsatisfying, stupid crafting, repetitive sidequests, et al

In terms of ammo and resources, also consider that in a pinch friendly/neutral stalkers are easy prey. If they're alone, stab them. If not, stab the first and immediately shoot the second etc. Take their beans.

heh

I did well in not falling for it

I had both of those things happen to me when underground on my first playthrough, this was without patches though.

I rode the book a years ago, it was really good. The setup is really nice, all the "cosmic roadside picnic" idea of us bieng too underdeveloped for aliens to even bother to contact is humbling and great. Also the description of the labor of being a stalker is more brilliant than in any other of the films, games or even fanfiction. Has a nice ending too, pretty brutal.

Is stabbing meant to instakill? I feel like whenever I stab someone they just turn around and magdump me.

I have the problem of always being close to or over 50kgs weight in SoC. I don't know if it is because I'm carrying too much ammo or something

And don't even get me started on the story and characters, the main characters are unlikable as fuck, stupid whiny rich kids

Don't listen to this guy, try finding an vanilla unpatched clear sky and play that for the true stalker experience.

I remember it used to instakill if you're undetected. Did you know that you have a different stab on right click?

Right click backstab kills almost any enemy, except for exo skellies and some mutants, hunting bloodsuckers with the knife is the shit

Too much ammo, never carry more than 200 rounds for your main weapon

lmao not playing unpatched russian release version for true stalker experience.

and how many weapons should I carry?

>Backstab alt mouse instakill
I never knew this. Thank you fellow stalkers.

I played Clear Sky on release and the experience was mostly one of crashes to desktop.

git gud never crashed for me

1 peestol, 1 smg/shotgun, one rifle

What does cheeki breeki even mean?

Flank

A нy, чики-бpики и в дaмки!” (phonetically: A nu chiki-briki i v damki! / “One, two – you’re on top!”), a part nursery rhyme and a part idiomatic expression that translates to “Put a fucking bullet in his forehead,” which is also referenced in a “Russian chanson” tune broadcast on the Bandits’ radio transmission. The tune is loosely based on actual song called Хoп, мycopoк (phonetically: “Hop, moosorok”; “Heyho, little cop”) that gained memetic popularity in Russia around the time when S.T.A.L.K.E.R was released.

>it works for me lol

Most crashes get patched with SRP, I think. I used it and I had a seamless experience with that game. Made it fun.

lamo you probably pirated it, hahah

You see Dimitri, when you sit in fire you is never cold!

>AFGHAN KUSH MARIJUANA
wat

It's the dude weed lmao freedom jokes.

I've tried several times getting into this game, but there's something about the gunplay and quest structure that puts me off.
And yes, I played on master.

When you sit in fire, Ivan, you get the eternal cold, just look at Dimitri!

Yeah I did eventually patch it. It's just funny how silly broken the original releases are, like, the ones they charged money for.

Top Tier:
Duty

High Tier:
Military
Monolith
Loners

Mid Tier:
Ecologists
Bandits
Mercenaries

Shit Tier:
Freedom

>bandits
>mid tier

Kys

>It's just funny how silly broken the original releases are

Don't make me reinstall VtMB, I'm getting nostalgic.

Starting a new game, What difficulty? Last was on Normal.
Also using ZRP for the first time, tips?

>Ecologists
>mid tier
fuck you

Master
ZRP is just bugfixes, play as normal

>Asshole backstabbers not on shit tier
yeah weird list

>Duty
>Good
Here's a revised list:

God tier:
Mercenaries
Monolith

High Tier:
Loners
Ecologists
Bandits
Clear Sky

Mid Tier:
Freedom

Absolute Toilet Tier:
Duty
Military

They backstabbed your asshole? And you aren't happy?

I've never played it.
Is it still a good play despite being old ?

Yes, there's a reason the general os still alive, it's the oldest general on /vg/

Which game should I start ? And which patch should I use ?
Thanks for reply man.

there are a shitload of options and minimods
i dont know what to do with them all

Shadow of Chernobyl, latests patch (1.06 or something)
Install Zone Reclamation Project for bug fixes
Play on Master

>Have to empty 1 entire clip on enemy to kill him

>gunplay

Is call of pripyat good too ?

Yes, but SoC is better

what optional zrp mods do you recommend?

>sub-sonic weapons are top-tier

I don't know why the hell they didn't copy that in CS and CoP.

3.5 kg
0 ru

that guide is slightly out of date
>tfw Ctrl - crouch, Shift - Run, Alt - Walk is god-tier comfy config
>twt T - best key for ammo type change
>Z - medkit
>X- bandage (bandaid for retard americucks)
>doesn't suggest to play Lost Alpha v1.3 on second playthrough

and so on, and so on

>Lost Alpha
never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

keep away from filthy tresh

why - pls elaborate, cuz I'm a hater of 99.9% of any mods for any game, but enjoy the shit out of Lost Alpha.

the fact is it's:
1) Legally standalone
2) Free of charge

Redeems any negative aspects of it

I found CoP vanilla much better than SoC vanilla, maybe because it's much more... gamey? I don't know. But I found most SoC locations pretty boring.

>terrible animations
>mindless story
>walking simulator fetch missions
>popculture references

Stalker old-timer here - CoP is genuinely the best first-time experience for any new-comer; it's the most polished experience of the Zone out of three.

I though CoP was boring for being "gamey"
It also feels very safe and warm, SoC is cold and hostile outside, comfy inside

>terrible animations
right.. that are ripped from the assets of original dev-team

>mindless story
it's the same fucking story as the vanilla

>walking simulator fetch missions
Oh, which one would I choose: the vanilla fetch-missions that are broken on a script-level, or the LA that actually work and acknowledge that "yes indeed, you've killed all the boars now in the vicinity"

>popculture references
which ones those would be?

SoC has the best underground levels, but is broken as shit, as compared to CoP

also lets not forget the lifeless areas where there weren't literally any NPCs

>it's the same fucking story as the vanilla
it isn't, play vanilla and you'll realise it so much isn't

>Oh, which one would I choose: the vanilla fetch-missions that are broken on a script-level, or the LA that actually work and acknowledge that "yes indeed, you've killed all the boars now in the vicinity"

i'll pick the ones that won't make me walk to one side of the map to another and then back again, aka not Lost Alpha

>which ones those would be?
Dr. Streeman and ebin memes.

I've played vanilla repeatedly, thank you very much

You're welcome.

SiG 550 best raifu

AR and AK derivatives need not apply

So, where do you get captured by vampire illuminati in vanilla?

>vampire illuminati..

gonna be honest, I'm yet to finish LA mod.. Does this happen during the main story play?

Also, there was a, technically, a "vampire" in CoP, so I'll let that shit slide.

I must say, that I enjoyed the fact that you could fuck up the Fox'es ("Lis") rescue mission and get yourself cut short from any modification/repair options for your gear.

Yes. It also happens in the one map the developers wisely decided to scrap but that every fucking level mod deems necessary to bring back.

Is Zone of Alienation just AMK with graphical mods? I've never done a proper AMK run and was wondering if I should go ZoA.

If you have not even encountered the "vamp illuminarty" you literally haven't even dipped your toes into that shit mod for longer than a half hour, try actually PLAYING something before you form an opinion you feel is worth sharing.

>mercs
>god tier

The AI is even more broken then normal.

well, I'll hold my final judgement until I finish the mod - I've just finished that looking for Strelok's stash in ventilation pipe thing and, so far, I don't mind their tweaks to story and enjoy the shit out of the uncut level setpieces (like, the one where you can backtrack around the level through the bunker corridor in first map)

Not so keen on the civillian zombies, but still - enjoy the mod a lot. (mind you, I played throught all three games 3-4 times and played stuff, like AMK/solyanka shit back in a day and I generally don't like modding the original games)

don't be rude - be on the point, if you want anyone to care of your post.

ZoA is harder, and has that funky magazine mechanic where you have to load the bullets individually in the mags

>ctrl + f
>call of chernobyl
>0 out of 0

??????????

There's nothing to do
I want update 4.0, that adds missions and working arena

I've only encountered one stupid thing - that is, feeding multiple medkits to fallen NPCs (i.e. they healed up and then fall down for no obvious reason again)

The rest of their behaviour I find acceptable.

Weirdly wanted to play STALKER again and found out the existence of SoC.

What mods are a must for it?
I'm out of the loop and the only thing that hasn't crashed my game so far is absolute textures

also what difficulty is best for SoC?

??????
>working arena
The arena works though.
>nothing to do
Outside of the bazzilion of tasks NPCs give you ?

ZRP for first time
AMK for the next replay
Play on Master

What Overhaul mod is best for CoP? I tried Misery when it was first released and thought it wasn't very good.

If you ignore the military at the train section and go below the bunker then up to them they will ignore you even when you shoot them.

Arsenal overhaul is pretty good together with graphics mods

Misery is fucking garbage, pandering to the "git gud" tryhard crowd

something like that happenned in vanilla CS or CoP, when quickloading - the enemies wouldn't even recognize you as a threat.

But I haven't encountered that in LA mod. Maybe that was your unlucky day? I mean, generally, AI acts the same as in vanilla games.

No, the games AI is dog shit.

Fug I meant CoC

how do I get good at this fighting in this game?
feels like every time I fight something, I have shit accuracy and whatever i'm fighting has superb accuracy
i've used cover a lot and changed positions/flanked a bit but it still feels like i'm at a tremendous disadvantage

Just go to the mpddb page and choose for yourself, that's what I did

You struggle along until you get a rifle with a scope. After that it's just headshots nonstop.

aim at head like all other fps????

Play on Master
Never expose yourself without shooting
Use grenades
Run if it's too hard

use kalashnikov or better, use (1) firing mode

I meant moddb

>not using (2)
>laughingSF.jpg

not every kalashnikov weapon has (2)

Always start over this game because i got to a point where i start to get scared (because i'm a huge pussy) and just left the game and pick it up months latter
there's a way to counter this?

have a relative close to you during the gameplay preferably, the one into incest

Keep low and use cover

The game also makes every third bullet randomly disappear.

Freeman was in vanilla too. You can find his body close to where the mercs ambush the scientists. He has a pda journal complaing about the zone and a gun. A cut quest involved you getting it for barkeep.

its an easteregg tho, unique at that.

I should feel bad for playing Ecologists on CoC(Haven't done it yet in 1.4 though) but I don't

>consoles were the lead platform for Stalker 2
>planned to offload their AI to servers making the game always-online
>Ukranian servers in charge of actually working

Probably for the best that GSC dissolved.

>>planned to offload their AI to servers
Wait, what the fuck?

except they didn't and decided to redraw old sprites all over again

I always get the same issue with every S.T.A.L.K.E.R game I play.

The game randomly freezes at random for short periods of time.
It can be running around the area or the initial moments of a firefight emerging or just starting to talk to an NPC in the village.

How'd I minimize this shit? Is it loading new NPCs into my area something to do with A Life?
I'd like to play it properly for once rather than letting that shit break me out of the immersion or make firefights unpredictable fuck ups.

>tfw Ukrainian and still haven't played the single best game my country produced

Well what are you waiting for then?

My backlog is enormous as it is.
Maybe one day.

>1 pistol
Waste of space. There's rarely any situations where a pistol is better than your main rifle or a shotgun.
You'd be better off carrying more ammo for the other guns or just keeping it open as extra space for loot

>ukrainians in charge of not being retarded

>Ivan giff ammo
>Ivan Giff vodka
>Ivan Keel Animals in same area again
>Ivan, I reward u but game is to crash
>Ivan rescue friend from swamps agein

It's alright if you want to switch off I guess.

upgrade your pc, more specifically cpu, stalker is a single core game

>clip

Get out.

????

>Playing CoP with Arsenal Overhaul
>All those guns
>No enemies to use them on

As someone who will sit there and play any ol piece of shit and call it good, I never could see why people like that game.

Well, just as you said, you just have shit taste

Single core?
That explains a bit. Are there any workarounds? I don't really feel like upgrading my CPU for modded STALKER alone.

Master doesn't make you deal more damage.
Have a nice day.

iirc there was this -noprefetch startup command or something like that, its effects are questionable, you better ask stalker general. what I can recommend you to try is to change lighting to static

>tfw you meet a controller for the first time

Big Ben?

CoC is a mod itself, son

>Lighting to static
No
Slav magic dictates that the game runs better on full dynamic lighting than static, believe me, it's true

You can mod the mods, dipshit

look up 3GB RAM FIX, and Noprefetch trick / mod.
faster HDD helps streaming data a bit.

Overall though, STALKER´s engine such an old thing now, that some stuttering will never disappear.

>he thinks slav magic is real

>not playing in master
>using pistol on armored enemies
>does not use semi-auto for long distance shots

I'm willing to bet that a couple of /k/ommandos come over to Cred Forums.

>Top Tier
>Duty
>Literally tries to fuck up the zone and when it reacts back acts like the injured party and the only reason you fag's like them is because muh groza muh as val

>tinyurl links
>downloads at ~140kb/s on my 180mb line
>can't download two at the same time
>"have exceeded the limit for free users"
Are you stupid fat faggots fucking shitting me?

Yes, that's what I said

I just want a mod that adds a lot of weapons and improves the AI.

if youre that ass pained, just download the via the TORRENTS like everyone else. The pack including all 3 is in the guide too.

technically, wouldn't it be correct?

I Mean the clip holds the bullets, the magazine holds the clip

but then what holds magazine?

Use StCoP. It has better guns anyway.

>thinks mods are compatible with each other like that

I disliked how CoP kept anomalies to only be in the fields.

I like the idea of specific areas with bizarre/dense anomaly fields, but I miss the danger of walking into whirlygigs

Oh ok-
>"Invalid or Deleted File."
Thanks, you mouthbreathing dipshits.

At least the link in the youtube video is the right one.

wrong AF

>Misery

it made me sad because I liked some features, like being able to make a camp and needing protection to store anomalies

but it also had a lot of why things

>heroin, meth and other drugs everywhere

>you have to get a pillow for your sleeping bag or theres a chance you'll hit your head on something (wut)

>in something trying to be grimdark and realistic, they are committed to an RPG-tier system for shit

AMK1.4 + Arsenal addon is the god-tier combo.
Installer and patches:

mediafire.com/file/8wm243dsc0dlwm7/AMK1.4-installer+Patches+Retranslated.zip

Arsenal:
mediafire.com/file/fbfgs0606k65jbi/AMK_Arsenal_V1.7z

Optional LURK gun models and animations:
mediafire.com/file/bm3b5z6rn6l3mmd/LURK Animations for AMK.7z

Starter Pack´s textures and effects look very nice with all this too.

>>"Invalid or Deleted File."
try this:
mediafire.com/file/3zm94ocma4pu1sl/Stalker Starter Packs.zip

But there is literally noone seeding. How practical.

>consoled lead platform, AI offload to servers, always online

I think stalker 2 was just a scam so the CEO could get a Ferrari

You haven't lived till you played warthunder on 320 resolution at 2000 fps on a literal toaster

>gunplay anything more than dogshit
???

Thanks, stalker.

>why is my AR not hitscan like in cod?
>why the fuck do bullets drop? arent they like super fast?
>what the fuck, why is this heavily armored guy not dying after being shot with rusty soviet 9mm peashooter?

I think the part that angered me the most about that mod is
>"We want to be realistic!"
>Bandits appear to have godlike aim and their guns look like they are pretty good for early into the game
>Kill them
>Go loot them
>Guns are so damaged, you try using them and can't hit the broad side of the barn

And what you mentioned
>in something trying to be grimdark and realistic, they are committed to an RPG-tier system for shit
One of the things that made STALKER become so popular is how open it is. You have the liberty to move as far ahead into the zone as early as you want, and if you are good at the game and have patience, you'll probably make it. In general, the game just doesn't try to chain you to certain areas, and if it does, it's still under your control to get rid of them, like deactivating the Brain Scorcher. Misery took that and fucked with it.

>"You can't inspect that helicopter because you need to make it through these anomalies and for that you need this suit and this specific helmet that you can't buy unless you progress in the game exactly like I tell you to"

Made me want to vomit.

The brain scorcher made sense, since it was created to stop people from going in closer to the zone

Either make it more gamey or more survival-oriented, don't try to mix both

Really I just play misery for The Armed Zone with a trainer so I can minimize all the bullshit, there's a good game in the midst of this somewhere but the devs lack the self-awareness to make anything of it

What does that have to do with slav magic and STALKER?

/sg/ would probably be a better place to ask this, but does anyone know how to reduce instability and crashing after you've modded the game a bit to increase spawn rates?

I miss the insane dog hordes in an earlier version of Misery. Every time you'd walk out of the ship you'd hear ominous barking in the distance and paws splashing through the water almost immediately.

I don't know what was so comfy about being chased up onto rocks and into bushes by 15 snarling dogs, then trying to shoot all the fuckers with pistol rounds that cost 500 RU a piece. All while you're starving and irradiated because food is too expensive and anti-rads are for oligarchs.

Reminder that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 never.

OGSE is stand alone and free. I think it's much better than Lost Alpha.

The side quest where you have to find a bomb in the rookie village is a pain though.

That thing wouldn't even be scary and doesn't really make much sense at all.

>not scary
I disagree quite a bit
>doesn´t really make much sense
it´s the Zone. Don´t have to explain shit!
...but seriously, you can digest literal intelligent mutation, time & space corruption, laws of physics in general flying out the window in tiny anomaly pockets, and all that jazz, but a tree-like mutant is 2much?

There are mods for CoC, you dense fuck

Mutants have to be created from something. Is that supposed to be a walking stick?

You can clearly see human features in there.
Plus, there was plant-based anomalies even in the OG games, even some which were cut out after alpha.

Also the idea for that creature was pretty spoopy; something about it making this calm humming noises, making people slowly fall asleep the longer they hear it, the faster the closer they are to it, and then slowly digesting their bodies.

I loved the anomalies and artifacts in the book, a shame I can't program or model though so I can't use slav magic to put more of those in SoC.

>There will never be a STALKER anime
>There will never be a STALKER MMORPG
>There will never be another STALKER
Last one is kind of good though, seeing how the devs managed the online game.

Sure there are some, but it still doesn't make sense. Anything that is slow moving would be easily killed in a couple of seconds. And gas based anomalies are kinda not comparable to a living tree that walks around and hums noises that makes people fall asleep and then slowly digests their body with the tiniest mouth imaginable.

>STALKER anime
Legit made me laugh
Imagine all the anime tropes and cliches in the STALKER setting

it died because the series died

>Anything that is slow moving would be easily killed in a couple of seconds.
The point is that they were meant to be almost immobile threats, hard to spot within their natural turfs, and would have a passive, wide-area danger zone around them. Remember how a single Controller could fuck your vision and hearing up just by roaming nearby? Think that, with much wider area of effect, without being able to tell which "tree" or bush might be the foe.

>gas based anomalies
Majority of anomalies have nothing to do with gasses. There are those literal plant anomalies, like Burnt Fuzz, and that nasty, claw-like trap thing that´s present in Lost Alpha.

How to have fun CoC?
Currently I survive one or two missions before a boring trek to a target 5 maps away and then some mutant or soldier one shots me because I wasn't paying attention on the 4th map.

Feels too much like CoP's bullshit MMO quest style of play, where nothing fucking happens for 90% of the game apart from animal noises and sprinting.

I had in mind a 12 episodes series with the Ghost in the Shell or Akira quality with Strelok deciding between getting to the Monolith or reaching CNPP, strugling between Duty and Freedom sabre rattling and surviving blowouts in the most horrid situations.

Yeah, we're not in the 90's anymore, but hey it's a dream I have.

you kill hundreds of people, and skin countless animals. yet 200hours in he will still go, "ugh so fucking gross uhh omg nastyyyy" when skinning anything
seriously wtf?

To be fair there are other mods that may the ballistics much better

>Its a Military raid episode

>I had in mind a 12 episodes TV series with extremely big-budget movie quality

So how are they going to be hard to spot while looking like that? How are they still gonna swallow a human? Controllers were never scary because of their aura fucking you up they were scary because they had total control over the battle and would royally fuck you up. Something that is almost immobile wouldn't be a fucking threat to someone with an exoskeleton and and a tunder. And if they made it so you couldn't see them before doing X they wouldn't be scary but annoying.

I always thought burnt fuzz were spider webs and not plants. And I was talking about the gas anomalies and not that everyone is a gas anomaly.

So anything coming out in the future that's like STALKER or Metro 2033 to get excited for?

Why the fuck does it need to be anime?

Escape from Tarkov, although it doesn't have any mutants.

Why would anyone play that, the little I've seen from that make it looks boring and bland. And the fact that the size is only 4x3.5Km.

If you don't play STALKER whilst wearing a mixture of milsurp and a tracksuit you're missing out on the full experience.

Speaking of, did Metro's devs die or something? They released Redux (which no one asked for) and went quiet all of a sudden.

>Implying you wouldn't shit your pants if you were crawling through the zone and this thing came shuffling towards you

No I would just throw grenades at it.

Fair enough. I guess any situation can really be made either scary or unscary depending on the variables that are thrown in.

Why the fuck wouldn't you carry grenades if you went to a spooky forest where a supposed tree eating giant monster that moves incredibly slow is?

Maybe you don't know it's there? Maybe you can't afford/find grenades? Tons of people are terrible planners.

They're working on a shitty VR sci-fi game.

Don't know. When I think about "western animation" DC shows and the golden age of CNN come to my mind and I don't feel they will capture the heavy ambient from the Zone.
"Anime" on the other hand, goes from the last moeshit or forgettable show to the old hand-drawed series that impressed me in the past.
A western series would have to heavily rely on good quality costumes to avoid the use of cheesy CGI. Even the actors would probably not talk in Russian, only trying to imitate the accent.
And a movie will be too short and too expensive at the same time. An entire episode of Strelok going in the bandit base to survive the blowout will be much better than a scene of him saying "oh fuck", running to the bandit warehouse, 5-10 minutes of gunplay and leaving to somewhere else.
An online comic will be cool, and it's probably the best option. Gunnerkrigg court tier of awesomeness it's too much to ask.

Fuck I feel so useless just letting my autism write this instead of doing it.

That thing would clearly be end game tier and when you enter garbage you should always have at least 1-2 grenades. When you get to the Red Forest you would have 9-10 grenades.

>VR
So, they died.
Too bad desu.

>he never played stalker online