Why wasn't this Doom 3?

Why wasn't this Doom 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHT2TgMX7Rg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They wanted to make a fantasy rpg game.
That didnt really work out for them so they made another shooter with the assets they got.

Hope this helps user :)

Why wasn't this Wolfenstein 3?
Seriously, they wanted to start a new franchise to showcase the new engine.

because Quake is way better than Doom anyways.

Even with the advancements Quake is much more similar to Doom than Doom is to Wolfenstein though

Quake is a Bloodborne of Souls series.
Id wanted to make a more thriller shooter.

Other than items, Quake is rather distinct unto itself. If you want to see a sort of bridge between Quake and Doom, play Doom 64.

This. Exactly this.

(you)

Not him but I had more fun building horrible Quake maps in quark than I ever did with the original doom. That shit had the best tiles ever.

this

Because Doom must never have good multiplayer.

really troubled development, before becoming Quake it was several other games that got scrapped or modified

How is Quake even like Doom at all? Combat is absolutely nothing like one another and thats the biggest thing shared between the two. There is no use button in Quake making level design very different, there is true room over room making level design very different, completely different theme and meta, what other than shooting shit is this like Doom at all?

I don't know but I'm about to have to play through it again now.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHT2TgMX7Rg
>very different
If it wasn't for the setting you could almost slap Doom on the box and call it a day

>Bulletsponge enemies
Fuck that.

ive played both quake and doom, they aren't anything alike other than a similar armor system

I've now realized Quake was the game that induced a fear of zombie dogs in me. Sure brings back memories though, never played Hard though, this guy's good.

>fear of something that dies with two hits of a boomshot
>one shot will stun it almost guaranteed
>appears in a handful of levels
how

The sudden barking and pouncing I suppose. Kid me was not good at shooters.

what did you think of the fiend if you ever made it to one

Well I guess to be fair, every enemy ambush frightened me to certain degrees, but dogs in video games usually like to get close to you real fast. I remember being unable to play through Unreal because the Skaarj scouts that jump from ceilings really scared me.

I've only just recently finished that game, along with Return to Na Pali, it was really good.

no, i mean the FIEND

Is there any way to play quake on consoles?

a hacked wii plays it

i hear the quake 64 port is considerably good but other than that i have no idea

>Doom with the quake engine

That actually would've been really cool

I used to have quake 2 on the 360 years ago, but I have no idea about quake 1 other than Quake 64.

Wii Quake
Enjoy no instructions for finding out how to get Music Audio