Why is Capcom wasting time remaking terrible fucking resident evil games when they should be working on another Dragons...

Why is Capcom wasting time remaking terrible fucking resident evil games when they should be working on another Dragons Dogma?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qSmEPtcSngM
youtube.com/watch?v=-4Yf_UTeHaw
youtu.be/33DzFr3NwnI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope they never make another one. Most horrendous waste of $60 in my life.

They DID make another Dragon's Dogma. They just haven't localized it.

Fuck Dragons Dogma, I want another motherfucking Dino Crisis.

If you dont like the game then you must just hate the genre, because the game was awesome. It did have some flaws, but the combat system is one of the best I've ever played. And thats what kept me playing.

Gotta make some money off the vr meme and twitch/youtube kids.

Dino crisis as well. Capcom is stuck on stupid.

thanks for telling us you never bought the game

>he doesn't enjoy both

Also there is a sequel. It's an mmo.

it's a shame you need a japanese IP to launch the game, can play just fine without a japanese IP in game, but in order to install the launcher and all the patches and whatnot you need a proxy

which just kind of makes it a pain in the ass, i'd play more if they just unblocked outside IPs because the language barrier isn't even that big of a deal once you get past the tutorial

"Why doesn't this company make the games I want them to make, WHY DON'T THEY CATER TO MY TASTES?"

Because Dogma sold like shit here, and they're a company so no dice, you fucking mouth breathing retards.

I hope they make another one. Most amazing use of $10 in my life.

So when does Dragon's Dogma get fun? I'm currently fighting three gores in the ancient quarry as a lvl16 fighter with a lvl16 strider waifu and these shits take forever to kill even with the gear I bought in Gran Soren. It's not even the difficulty, as I can kill them eventually, but holy fuck does it take forever.

Also, who the fuck thought having no purely evasive maneuver on a fighter was a good idea? I don't want to attack and then evade or evade and then attack, I just want to fucking evade.

>Dogma sold like shit here
When will this meme end?

They sold over a million copies which is pretty good for capshit.

if i remember correctly they're weaker to magic so yeah, if you have enchanted weapons use em i guess

Im pretty sure there is an evade maneuver you just didnt learn yet.

>One of Capcom's biggest projects ever.
>Barely sold better than DmC.

Why would they bother?

I know the series got canned cos of DC3.

But Im hoping with Jurassic World being so popular, they'll see merit in making another dino game.

Most likely a fruitless dream though.

>Why would they bother?
This is the answer. making a game on the scale of Dragon's Dogma with modern graphics would be an undertaking of titanic proportions, requiring both shitloads of money AND effort. It's easier to make shitty games that still sell pretty good than make a great game that will have good, but not outstanding sales.

This is what got capcom in trouble in the first place.

Because making another Boredoms Dogma would also be a waste of time?

I've been playing rpgs since the early 90s and DD is just terrible. It's deceiving since it looks nice but everything from the gameplay to the story is just bad.

Reminder that Hideaki Itsuno has been working on something unannounced for the last 3 years.

but they already have the world and the writing, which take loads and loads of money to make, they even have the engine

I've been playing rpgs since the early 90s and DD is good.

Glad we could have this talk.

I share your frustrations, but did you really expect to get a satisfactory answer, especially from a bunch of speculative assholes on Cred Forums?

What current rpg's occupy your time now?

Dear sir, I have a counter point.

You're miserable and can;t enjoy things any more. DD was a fantastic game and well crafted. Capcom just pulled a lot from it, holding back its potential.

DraDog didn't sell.
you should have bought ten copies and convinced your friends to do the same
you have only yourself to blame

Ehh 50/50 some people have good information, others like saying retard way too much.

Anything from Compile Heart

you played only the GS classes and didn't branch out, didn't you?

nobody knows who that is

God willing its another Onimusha title.

>Capcom removed the IP lock for a bit
>Retards start talking to English in all of the general/world chat channels
>They put the IP lock back on

because it doesn't sell

wait they removed them for a bit? shit, I should have gotten in on that while I could, shame about the dumbasses though

Because one guarantees sales and the other doesn't.

Be careful what you wish for.

DDO on console when?

>no sales
It was insanely succesfull, the fuck.

it's on consoles now

you just have to change your ps4 location or something? i forget how because i don't own a console but it's possible and i think slightly easier to play DDO on a ps4

DD has terrible mechanics that make the game entirely dependant on your stats, either from leveling up or more powerful gear when it pretends to be skill based.

There are enemies in the game that you simply can't deal damage to when you lack the level or gear and no amount of skill can change that.

The climbing mechanics are clumsy and don't serve a real purpose since the monsters are in the awkward middle ground of being too large for ground combat but too small to make climbing meaningful.

It plays like an mmo and I assume that's what they were going for and it was changed last minute for some reason, which is why the pawns are so half-baked since they're just a stand-in for actual human players.

The story is a bunch of nonsense and half of the situations you end up in have no consequences or are straight up nonsensical.

Exploring is pointless since you'll just run into places you can't enter since you don't have the respective quest.

It feels like an rpg designed by people that have no idea what an rpg is. Who just watched a few videos of someone playing rpgs and made checklists of things they think an rpg needs without understanding why they exist.

i would be happy even with a port on ps4

those dipshit at capcom
damn, hurt so hard

>DD has ... stats, either from leveling up or more powerful gear when it pretends to be skill based
wow how shocking an rpg has stats, I don't think I've ever seen an rpg use stats or up-gradable armor before

>There are enemies in the game that you simply can't deal damage to when you lack the level or gear
oh wow, are you telling me that I can accidentally just wander into an area that is too strong for me to fight? wow that's lame I want a linear game that, that way I know I can just beat everything I run into

Almost all rpgs use percentile based damage reduction. Dragons Dogma doesn't.

It uses flat stats which means if you deal 49 damage and your enemy has damage reduction 50, you don't deal damage. If you equip a weapon with two more attack points you suddenly deal 1 damage. Equip one with 3 more points and you suddenly double your damage output from 1 to 2. I hope I don't need to explain to you why this is terrible game design?

A good action rpg makes enemies more difficult by giving them faster and less predictable movesets in addition to stats.

An action rpg should not rely that heavily on stats. DD relies on it entirely making the action part utterly pointless since it doesn't really matter how good you are at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qSmEPtcSngM

God you are such a bitch and a baddie my dude.

> It's easier to make shitty games that still sell pretty good than make a great game that will have good, but not outstanding sales.

The problem with that is if the game needs to make a profit and "Good" sales aren't enough to do so. Depending on the money needed to make the game, it might actually need those Outstanding sales to not be considered a waste of money

Thanks for letting me know that you don't have any arguments and have to resort to stomping your foot now.

Now you have to pay people to add to the world, the writing, and all those assets for the engine.

I don't have to argue with you. It's Cred Forums.
It's opinions and yours is just retarded.
You just wanna bitch dude. Quit being such a bitch.
To most people here and elsewhere it's a decent game. You just have no life and wanna whine when it has nothing to do with you.
God what a bitch.

lol second time i've seen this garbage argument get thrown around

hey retard, if you find an enemy that has too high a damage threshold, then come back when you have the stats to fight it. but you know what's even more effective, is having a party with a balanced variety of elemental skills to take advantage of the specific elemental weaknesses almost every enemy in the game has, which almost always gets through damage thresholds even if your stats technically aren't high enough.

but hey, keep arguing with your faulty calculation of damage, you'll keep looking like a retard that doesn't understand the most basic features of the game like using your party and enemies' weaknesses to your advantage

>I don't need arguments to say you're wrong
>I like eating shit and calling it delicious
>if you disagree you just hate fun
Just keep stomping your foot, kid.

As soon as you get access to pawns go fight the dragon in the woods. Impossible.

In a good action rpg your skill at the game would make a difference.

>It's opinions and yours is just retarded.
Not him but the game being badly designed and written is not really an opinion.
It is a very mediocre game.

>calling others kid
You know that makes you just as bad right? Even worse.
Only underage says kid.

Man, I want a sequel to this game more than to any other game. It's one of my all time favorite games despite it's flaws.

And all that cut-content and unrealized ideas? I want to see them in a sequel.

No shit its medocre.
That guy just has a stick up his bitch ass
He's just spouting shit about skill or something idk. Just like making fun of him cuz we all know it was medocre and underfunded, but it's still better than Skyrim for example.

Someone stomping their foot instead of providing arguments acts like a kid.
Should I just call him a raging faggot instead?

>As soon as you get access to pawns go fight the dragon in the woods. Impossible.
Yes, retard. This is called 'not having level scaling'. What it means is you're supposed to fight particular enemies later, when you're at a higher level, and have better equipment.

Now here's where your garbage argument falls apart
>you're not supposed to be able to kill the drake as soon as you start the game (b-but I can do level 1 playthroughs of dark souls, that means dragon's dogma is bad!)
>if your stats were a single point under the drake's threshold (they never will be because damage is hugely variable depending on the skills you use) then you could come back with an ice weapon/skill that will shred the drake when focused at its heart
this demonstrates two designs:
the combat is partially contingent on stats, but also contingent on the player's ability to strategize and accommodate for the particular weaknesses of each enemy.

However that doesn't mean the game doesn't have a skill component. It just means the skill is more of a typical, Capcom skill ceiling, in that you need to be skilled to make the combat look sexy and fluent. Also if you are on those encounters where you only just get through an enemy's damage threshold, it does require some skill because every attack and evade of the player's seriously counts.

>I was only pretending

>Also if you are on those encounters where you only just get through an enemy's damage threshold, it does require some skill because every attack and evade of the player's seriously counts.
those fights are neither fun nor in any way challenging though, considering you can just heal yourself without any restrictions

>those fights are neither fun nor in any way challenging though,
It varies on vocation, party competence, and which enemy you're fighting.
Fighting a Condemned Gorecyclops as a Mystic Knight is possibly one of the lest fun experiences in the game.
Fighting a Condemned Gorecyclops as a Strider is a lot of fun, even if the fight is drawn out due to low damage.
>considering you can just heal yourself without any restrictions
Oh this meme. Yeah, enjoy lugging around a good chunk of your carry weight in healing items, only to quickly run out of them if you unsustainably spam them, instead of relying on a healer, equipment, and skill to stay alive over the long-term.

You can spam wakestones and waste your carry weight/movement speed on healing items instead of space for loot, but that doesn't mean you don't need skill to be good at the combat. It just means you're shit at the game and use bottom of the barrel tactics.

Dragon's dogma online for the west when?

Also what happened to Deep down?

Capcom is dirt shit poor. They could barely fund SFV without fucking the entire thing up. A Dragon's Dogma 2 would cost five to ten times that much. They don't have the money for that, unless Sony steps in with the big money.

Never and never.
Capcom is too poor.
The best you'll get is more Dark Souls until some other developer with taste as nice as Capcom makes equivalent games.

I love this game, I bought it three times just to show my support.

Resident Evil is a bigger name and a lot of normies buy it still.

>Capcom is dirt shit poor.

Don't think they're doing that badly, but they have definitely shifted to a lower gear until they have reached "financial stability" as they've put it.

Street Fighter V was rushed because of fiscal year and Capcom ProTour.

>It varies on vocation, party competence, and which enemy you're fighting.
Yeah, and none of that matters even half as much as your level and your equipment.
You are either underleveled and have to hack on an enemy for half an hour or you are overleveled and kill them in a few hits.
I fucking played this game for like 200 hours and love it, but it's a badly designed, badly produced product with almost more problems than it has good things.

fuck

this was going to be better than DaS and BB combined.

youtube.com/watch?v=-4Yf_UTeHaw

Excuse me user?
Lets see if anyone still cares about Dragons Dogma when its 20 years old.

that game looked absolutely awful

>Yeah, and none of that matters even half as much as your level and your equipment.
just equipment*
unless you're leveling pure assassin or pure sorc, your player's stats are paced pretty well with the game. equipment stats matter the most. like in 99% of action RPGs.

>You are either underleveled and have to hack on an enemy for half an hour or you are overleveled and kill them in a few hits.
yeah okay, there's this thing called pacing that actually compensates for that almost entirely. unless you're rushing through the game or getting a shitload of XP and expecting cyclops and chimera to be hard after level ~40 (with equipment and skills to scale), most enemies are going to be fought with the intended damage.

>I fucking played this game for like 200 hours and love it, but it's a badly designed, badly produced product with almost more problems than it has good things.
not as badly designed as your argument.

shit taste

the animation is so much smoother than what from has been coming up with

>"Excuse me... Sir?"

youtu.be/33DzFr3NwnI

I still kinda wish they'd turn this into a different game or something. I really dig these fantasy RPG's with knights and magic. Good shit.

Agreed. Co-op, like a more polished, fantasy Warframe, with that armor and those spear animations.

Shit taste my man. Beautiful graphics; armor, weapons, and dragon that looked like it was right out of a historical painting; other great looking enemy design like the mimic; combat looked great considering these factors. Least appealing facts about the game were the inevitable downgrade because it looked too good for the PS4, and the fact it was going to be F2P. Capcom hasn't said it, but it's clearly dead.

Fighter gets a shield, so you can perfect block shit with good timing to take no damage. You can also use blitz strike to get the fuck out if you really need to, and spriting / jumping is always an option. Need to be using daggers if you want a dodge roll.

As for the ogres, that is a pretty early level to be fighting them. Use items and shit. You can curse them to lower their attack and defense by throwing skulls. You can poison them and set them on fire for damage over time. Dragons spit, throw blasts and those red explosive barrels hurt pretty bad, especially if you coat them in oil first. You can have a sorcerer slow them to a crawl, so you can take better advantage of their openings to grab onto them and pull them to the ground. And as someone said before, they are weaker to magic - that fire wall spell, comestion? Works well in my experience. Or you can focus on stronger single hit attacks to pierce their defenses - shit like full bend on your strider, savage lash with warrior, or reapers arrow from ranger. You can also just come back later with better weapons or use periapts to boost your attack power.

You actually have a shitload of options in dragons dogma. That is what keeps me coming back to it.

Yeah I love the feeling of "you're just some schmuck in armour" and being able to cull down abominable beings.

That's why I love DD so much. I cry myself to sleep every night knowing it most likely will never see a sequel. Welp. Time to wait for someone to make a DD copy.

The first one looks kinda goofy.

>unless you're rushing through the game or getting a shitload of XP and expecting cyclops and chimera to be hard after level ~40 (with equipment and skills to scale), most enemies are going to be fought with the intended damage.
yeah, because an OPEN WORLD RPG that only works when you go through it in exactly the oder that the devs intended for you.

Gee i wonder if that price got a big discount because pctards dont pay full price anyways

Too weeb for me, think I'll pass.

>that only works when you go through it in exactly the oder that the devs intended for you.
lol nope
again, no level scaling, doesn't mean the pacing is as FUBAR as you purport.
it means stop being a stubborn retard fighting ogres, drakes, and condemned gorecyclops when you do no damage. come back when you do, and have a blast. the balance is that simple, and yes that incidentally means mobs like griffins, chimeras, and cyclops are trivialized when you get past level ~40, that's why there are like 3-4 versions of each enemy that gradually get harder. means they didn't have to implement level scaling, but could implement a good alternative that makes the most of the excellent enemy designs.

Throwblasts changed my life

>There are enemies in the game that you simply can't deal damage to

Not true at all - items and status ailments are always an option. Between debuffing an enemies defenses and buffing your own, you can overcome a pretty wide stat gap. And even then, explosives, poison, burning, fall damage, petrification and instant death are pretty much always options available to you.

>monsters are in the awkward middle ground of being too large for ground combat but too small to make climbing meaningful.

Not sure what you mean by this, as there are a lot of useful mechanics tied to climbing. Removing helms from cyclops', being able to attack the snake and goat of a chimera directly, or pulling ogres to the ground. Not to mention everything can be knocked to the ground for a fighter or warrior to bash its face directly from the ground. What monsters exactly are you thinking of here?

>Exploring is pointless since you'll just run into places you can't enter since you don't have the respective quest.

You can still find tons of items and equipment from exploring. Some spots even have helpful NPCs or healing springs you can gather healing items from. There's also all the notice board quests to hunt out specific monsters you can work on while you are out and about as well. Exploring is perfectly fine and there is nothing wrong with finding a place you can come back to later, especially thanks to port crystals.

Most of your other complaints are pretty much just opinions.

>As soon as you get access to pawns go fight the dragon in the woods

It's weak to poison, and the first skill sorcerers get poisons shit. Poison arrows are also a thing. You technically could beat it at level 1 if you really, really wanted to. So no, it's not "impossible" at all.

Also throwblasts. I remember seeing a video of someone killing the drake with throwblasts at level 5.

you can go into BBI at level 5 with throwblasts

DD2 must die so that DMC5 may live.

I think part of the problem people have with Dragons Dogma is that they just go in expecting DMC, where you can mash attack and still come out on top. DD gives you shitloads of other tools and tactics but people seem to ignore all that and run in swinging. Then they run into bandits, ogres or that drake and think the game is impossible.

Hell, bandits go down with a single throwblast and it sends the bitches flying. It's strangely satisfying.

>I think part of the problem people have with Dragons Dogma is that they just go in expecting DMC, where you can mash attack and still come out on top.

Haha, what? DD's combat is basically a modified version of DMC's combat.

DMC has enemies that are weak to certain weapons and tactics, just like DD.

Capcom has been making shit games for the last 10 years

with maybe the exception of DD, i didnt like it