Is it any good?

Is it any good?

Would also like to know, specifically if it's better by a worthwhile amount than the 360 controller in games intended for KB&M

It's nice for games with lock-on, like dark souls. It works pretty well with games not really meant for Kb&m too. I was able to play FTL pretty easily with it.

It kind of sucks for shooter games though. Without the physical stick to move around, I always end up overshooting targets and fighting the camera.

It's literally god like, insane amount of customisablity wet dream

>Without the physical stick to move around
Use the physical left stick to move and the right stick to aim.

No, get an xboner or PS4 controller. They're both excellent and work well on PC. The steam controller was a stupid experiment gone wrong.

That's what i did. I actually meant to say moving around the camera/aiming but DUDE WEED LMAO. I could just never get used to using the touchpad for fine aiming. I would always end up overshooting the target or point at the ground/sky or something.

it's weird

do you like weird?

it's a controller with two trackpads with haptic feedback which you can customize the living fuck out of, but in terms of quality and input precision any random macbook's trackpad feels much better

imo it needs another iteration

Sure, if you're stuck with one and your buyer's remorse intensifies out of control.

nope, much worse than analog sticks

nope, it's worse

Yeah I have the same problem, some people manage it fine, I think its just down to practicing

Thats what I've been hearing. Some of the early reviewers who panned it later said it actually gets better once you spend a longer amount of time with it.

The trackpads just seem... less effective than the classic buttons/analogue.

Even at the discounted price, seems more worthwhile to just get a Xbone controller.

Only controller I'm heavily, heavily invested in is the gamecube controller (I'm a melee vet). I'm mostly a PC gamer otherwise and this by far is the most versatile controller on the market. It's good for wanting to lean back and play a PC game. The right stick is almost always a fuckin aimer anyway and this is more precise than a right stick, you just have to get used to it enough to know how you want it calibrated, and then you calibrate it

>it's your fault, you're not holding it right
It's shit.

No, it does nothing well, except for typing messages.

No, it's not.

If you have big hands, the buttons and the stick will feel tiny as hell. If you have small hands you might have difficulty reaching them at all. The left touch """""""D-Pad"""""""" is absolutely unusable - it's way too big, you can barely feel the d-pad engraving, it's touch sensitive meaning that if you put your finger on it, you are already interacting with it and there is no way you can time precise direction changes. I have pretty big hands and found it absolutely impossible to use the right touch pad and the buttons at the same time. Claw grip is absolutely useless since it has great trouble detecting your finger if you put it sideways. It is an absolutely horrible replacement for a second stick because while you can hold the stick in a direction, the touch pad is designed in a way to emulate mouse movements so you are severely limited by its area. If your finger is at the edge of it and you want to go further, you have to take it off and place it again in the middle of the pad or something. Oh, and you HAVE to run Steam in Big Picture mode to access all of its features.

It does allow some comfy yet weird browsing controls but that's it.

Did you reply to the wrong post?

It's pretty much just for turn-based and management games. It replaces a mouse in games where mouse precision isn't required.

>It replaces a mouse in games where mouse precision isn't required.
So it's an analog stick?

It works better than a stick at moving an actual cursor.

It's god tier. Ignore the whiney Xbone/DS4 faggots here. Only flaw is the D-pad.

>Only flaw is the D-pad
Or, you know, trying to use it with any FPS.

t. person who hasn't used it.

git gud

I own two and a steam link.

I tried playing a few FPSes with the Steam Controller, it made me realize how reliant console FPSes are on auto-aim.

Then you're not using it right.

If you have problems with the d-pad, set it to cross-gate.